Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2805
  1. #1851
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    770
    ^^ they sell for about that much in key west

  2. #1852
    mtbr member
    Reputation: J.B. Weld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,805
    Yeah, that seller might get pretty close to his/her asking price for that pedicab. Not a wtf.

  3. #1853
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by canker View Post
    2 stroke80cc BIKE 150 M.P.G. CRUISER GAS BIKE
    Attachment 847036
    $100 Walmart bike + $80 ebay engine kit = $800 death trap
    I get somebody wanting to make a little money but he could have at least picked a more appropriate bike. The way he has the shifter and brakes setup on that thing would kill you.
    They sell brand new for less than half that around here all day long.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  4. #1854
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    Yeah, that seller might get pretty close to his/her asking price for that pedicab. Not a wtf.
    I just thought it was cool and wanted to share it. I have no idea what that thing is worth.

  5. #1855
    Redcoat
    Reputation: Brockwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by westin View Post
    A $4995 old school K2 FS: One of a Kind Custom K2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwiplague View Post
    You'd think he could manage to take some slightly better pictures of his $5000 wonder bike. Which is at least 13 years old. I have a copy of Mountain Bike Action from Nov 2000 which lists the original mrsp as $2349 (pic attached). Even allowing for a few upgrades here and there, I'm not entirely sure the thing can double in price!
    Attachment 848351
    Im sorry i couldn't resist i had to email the seller and find out what the hell he is doing. im so perplexed by this. I mean, really, a human being actually believes this.

    After i asked him why the price had doubled he said and I quote: "it didn't double, it went up by a factor of 10x, because it's mine and I can set whatever price I want in it, and I raised it.
    aluminum is more easily repaired, by far, and approx. as strong, and not that much heavier.
    if a carbon fiber body breaks, you're pretty much going to have to get a new frame. period.

    if you read the ad, you will see that I did, indeed, mention why I raised the price, and why I think the bike merits it."

  6. #1856
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Surrey four person bicycle

    Another weird one today.

  7. #1857
    mtbr member
    Reputation: TheDocTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    238
    I am amazed at how many CL listings there are for five year old Wal-Mart p.o.s.'s that cost $100 new and these clowns are asking $150.

  8. #1858
    Kick Start My Heart
    Reputation: davez26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    331
    I don't know what is ,worse, selling 'awesome DH bike, shocks, disk breaks, shimano changer, super heavy duty NEXT frame,' or 'wanted, DH bike, should have shocks, disc breaks, shimano changers, carbon preferred, have $300. NO JUNK!'

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

  9. #1859
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,397
    I went to sell a 2011 Trek Superfly 100 ($4,900 when new) and someone asked if I would trade for a 2011 Specialized Enduro Comp ($2,700 when new). Mine was in impeccable shape with a ton of new factory parts (not customized/upgraded, just like chain, cassette, brake discs/pads/bleed, fork/shock rebuild, etc) and his was also in good shape but no new parts to speak of. Uh.... no?

  10. #1860
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    770
    Just emailed him I'll see how long I can screw with him before he figures it out


    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Im sorry i couldn't resist i had to email the seller and find out what the hell he is doing. im so perplexed by this. I mean, really, a human being actually believes this.

    After i asked him why the price had doubled he said and I quote: "it didn't double, it went up by a factor of 10x, because it's mine and I can set whatever price I want in it, and I raised it.
    aluminum is more easily repaired, by far, and approx. as strong, and not that much heavier.
    if a carbon fiber body breaks, you're pretty much going to have to get a new frame. period.

    if you read the ad, you will see that I did, indeed, mention why I raised the price, and why I think the bike merits it."

  11. #1861
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kiwiplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,411
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBoom View Post
    Just emailed him I'll see how long I can screw with him before he figures it out
    I kind of get the feeling he won't ever figure it out

    Make sure you ask him where you can get replacement parts for the shock too, as I'm pretty sure they are not going to be easy to find!
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

  12. #1862
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Im sorry i couldn't resist i had to email the seller and find out what the hell he is doing. im so perplexed by this. I mean, really, a human being actually believes this.

    After i asked him why the price had doubled he said and I quote: "it didn't double, it went up by a factor of 10x, because it's mine and I can set whatever price I want in it, and I raised it.
    aluminum is more easily repaired, by far, and approx. as strong, and not that much heavier.
    if a carbon fiber body breaks, you're pretty much going to have to get a new frame. period.

    if you read the ad, you will see that I did, indeed, mention why I raised the price, and why I think the bike merits it."


    I think the guy is trolling/catfishing
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  13. #1863
    Redcoat
    Reputation: Brockwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,003

    Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

    Then he must be really sad to take the time to write all that garbage.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1864
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Then he must be really sad to take the time to write all that garbage.
    I guess it is but no more sad than emailing him garbage to try and make fun of him.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  15. #1865
    Redcoat
    Reputation: Brockwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I guess it is but no more sad than emailing him garbage to try and make fun of him.
    Didnt email him garbage. I legit emailed him to see why he was selling it for so much. in said email I was respectful towards him. Its up to him what he wants to list it for.

    Nothing wrong with that.

    Lets not forget your track record of making fun at people. Nothing wrong with this either i think its rather funny.

    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I actually do agree.
    I find it funny when I get negged. Especially because it truly butt hurts somebody.
    I got neg repped by a butt hurt vegan for posting something about bacon in a bacon thread who proceeded to neg rep all the carnivores in that thread. Also, got neg repped for my sig because it offended some little pansy. I guess it was his mom I was on top of...I dunno. Funny thing was I was about to change it because I think it is dumb but since it pisses him off, I will leave it up.
    I say either ditch it completely or bring back the rep power so people can have fun with it. Just don't half ass it because right now it is lamer than it has ever been.

  16. #1866
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Didnt email him garbage. I legit emailed him to see why he was selling it for so much. in said email I was respectful towards him. Its up to him what he wants to list it for.

    Nothing wrong with that.

    Lets not forget your track record of making fun at people. Nothing wrong with this either i think its rather funny.
    I didn't say you personally but if the shoe fits.

    Wow, you searched for something I posted to throw back at me that really didn't apply to what was being said in the first place. Doesn't speak to well for you but whatever. I am sure if you search harder though, you can find a much better quote to try and use against me.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  17. #1867
    Redcoat
    Reputation: Brockwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,003

    Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I didn't say you personally but if the shoe fits.

    Wow, you searched for something I posted to throw back at me that really didn't apply to what was being said in the first place. Doesn't speak to well for you but whatever. I am sure if you search harder though, you can find a much better quote to try and use against me.
    Oh common mate I wasn't using anything against you it was a light hearted stab to show that everyone has a little joke at others expense. I didn't search hard it was right there and it totally applies to the point that I previously mentioned. There was no animosity towards you so don't take it that way and be so defensive. If you are offended by it well it wasn't meant.


    Also just a small point, there's 77 odd pages on this thread alone of people making a little light hearted fun at others.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #1868
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Surrey four person bicycle

    Another weird one today.
    I could totally see this in china, it would be the family sedan. So many people there take their wife and kids on a one seater bike. guy sits on seat wife and kid on the back rack, no joke either.

  19. #1869
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Oh common mate I wasn't using anything against you it was a light hearted stab to show that everyone has a little joke at others expense.
    Bingo mate, glad to see you are finally working that idea out on your own.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  20. #1870
    Redcoat
    Reputation: Brockwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,003

    Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Bingo mate, glad to see you are finally working that idea out on your own.
    Was never a learning experience. And I justly explained to you that there was no animosity towards you after your defensive response. Following another "witty" response from you I don't believe it merits any more time on the matter, from my side anyway. Fire away and have the final word.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #1871
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Defensive response?

    Oh, you must mean this one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brockwan View Post
    Didnt email him garbage. I legit emailed him to see why he was selling it for so much. in said email I was respectful towards him. Its up to him what he wants to list it for.

    Nothing wrong with that.

    Lets not forget your track record of making fun at people. Nothing wrong with this either i think its rather funny.
    <--emoticon added to help you figure out who's chain was being yanked.
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

  22. #1872
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    ^^ That would make you King of the Hipsters right there. I kinda like it.

  23. #1873
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bikemaya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    931
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniTrail View Post

    Gorgeous... :drool:

  24. #1874
    TRANCER
    Reputation: Biohazard74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,422
    Giant Yukon Full Suspension Mountain Bike

    Bike size is small. I'm 5'11" & it fits me perfectly? Lol
    Ride

  25. #1875
    Yes, that's fonetic
    Reputation: whoda*huck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    3,881
    Italian Carbon Fiber... yaright...

Page 75 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •