Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Permanent Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by tpm7 View Post
    "Professional Mountain Bike"

"Professional Mountain Bike

Barely used....I am selling because I never have time to ride it.

Shimano everything.
    Full suspension
    TWO SETS of TIRES !
    Dirt
    & Road

$300 obo"

Right... is he fooling anyone? Really?
    I'm NOT a pro and I DON"T have a kickstand - kind of proves his point in a Forrest Gump sorta way!
    I'm beginning to overcome my "momentum issues" but even that is happening slowly.

MTB Name - Crustius Maximus

Live 2 Ride
    Wondering if that swingarm hits the frame on every bump.
    My Bike: '15 Trek FX 7.2
    My Blog: http://http://kona0197.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Wondering if that swingarm hits the frame on every bump.
    not enough travel for that to happen, good eye though!

Everyone Bleeds!

Cool-blue Rhythm This can't be real...

New Bike for sale Trek Madone - $1200

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-08-03, 7:35PM MST
    Reply to: sale-qvud9-2528968058@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a new2011Trek Bike Madone for sale. is built with a 56cm frame with other measurements accordingly, so it equates to someone who is about 5'10".

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have!

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2528968058
    http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/bik/2528968058.html
    Everyday of my life, I'm forced to add another name to the list of people that piss me off!

Bro
    Content from my avatar

More like a Craigslist FTW than WTF.....

bianchi axis - $1

Date: 2011-08-04, 4:50PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-cw8hv-2530506160@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I saw an add last wk about a stolen bianchi, i just bought one that fits that description. Bianchi Axis with carbon fork, grey with bianchi emblems. I'm looking for the poor bastard that got his bike stolen to see if this is the one, and return it to the rightful owner. I've had my bike jacked more times than I care to think about and it is a very painful experience every time. I've fixed it up a bit with upgraded peddals, new brake pads, new wheels etc... I'm sure we can come to some agreement. Oh and if you like I'll happily introduce u to the person I bought it from, I enjoy a good show.
    Last line really wraps the whole ad together....
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

TRANCER
    Just saw this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-untitled.jpg  

Ride

Live 2 Ride

How about $400 for a 11 year old bike?

2000 Trek 6000 Med 18.5" original frame (Alpha T6061 Made in USA) bike that has been decked out to run. Very well cared for and only been off road once since the build up 3 years ago. Some sticker chips and scuffs from the original frame. Selling to fund a new road bike project.

You will not find a bike like this very often and it is very unique. I came across a frame for this bike that was in very good condition and decided to make it into a project bike which is now worth over $1K with the upgrades. Here is the hilite list:

Shimano Deore V brakes
    RockShock Jett T2
    Shimano Deore shifters
    Shimano Deore M591 crankset with bottom bracket
    Shimano 9 speed XT cassette
    Shimano HG chain
    Shimano XT front and rear derailleurs
    Shimano M475 hubs
    Cane Creek AHEADSET SE1
    Sette Venn Stem (7)
    All new cables (majority if not all Shimano)
    Sette Vector 7075 T6 handle bars
    Ergon GX3 matching grips and bars
    Cane Creek Thudbuster seatpost shock system
    Specialized seat
    Chen Shin MTB tires (26x1.95) road use
    Beavertail SKS front fender
    Blackburn frame mounted rack
    Planet Bike lights
    Integrated seat post clamp is a bottle opener to celebrate the end of the ride.

No Replies To Scammers
    $399 firm

Permanent Noob
    Why buy an 11-year old bike when you can have a next year's model before they come out???

2012 TREK BIKE - $700 (Round rock)

<HR>Date: 2011-08-01, 4:41PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-r8cnq-2524877297@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    <HR>

2012 trek bicycle with clip petals, tire repair kit, and bottle holster. And I'll throw in a lance Armstrong live strong riding helmet 700.00 or best offer please call Kelly or Bryan, I can text pics. Thanks 707 321-xxxx
    I'm beginning to overcome my "momentum issues" but even that is happening slowly.

MTB Name - Crustius Maximus

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JCullen View Post
    Why buy an 11-year old bike when you can have a next year's model before they come out???

2012 TREK BIKE - $700 (Round rock)

<HR>Date: 2011-08-01, 4:41PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-r8cnq-2524877297@craigslist.org <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>
    <HR>

2012 trek bicycle with clip petals, tire repair kit, and bottle holster. And I'll throw in a lance Armstrong live strong riding helmet 700.00 or best offer please call Kelly or Bryan, I can text pics. Thanks 707 321-xxxx
    I love a bike owner that keeps his petals clipped
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

Live 2 Ride

$1500 for rust?

1969 Sears Screamer 2 Bicycle Bike 100% Original

1969 Sears Screamer 2 Bicycle Bike 100% Original - $1500 (Albany)
    Date: 2011-08-05, 7:14PM PDT
    Reply to:sale-dnpay-2532431764@craigslist.org[Errors when replying to ads?]
    You are looking at one of the most Rarest Muscle Bikes in The World. It is the 1969 Sears Screamer #2. Three (3) Speed. She is in good Cond & Ride able. The Bike is all Original and unmolested. Look at the Rear Tire, notice there are two Brake pads on each side, one of them is the E-Brake Pad... This Bike is a Very Nice Collectors Piece. . . Don't pass this up. Anyone can own a Schwinn, I'm not knocking them, I own 5 of them, there are just so many you can buy of them. Try & find this Bike.

$1,500 or best offer (Cash Talks BS WALKS)

Live 2 Ride

$329 new? Yeah right...

Mongoose 26" full suspension Bike - $175 (Lebanon)
    Date: 2011-08-12, 2:49PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-a9rkv-2543823700@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    This bike is like new. I got a work injury and can't ride anymore. Only rode it 3 times and never wrecked.
    Costs 329.99 on sale now for 296.99 I will take 175$ firm. (cash only)

The aluminum full-suspension 26" Mongoose XR250 swallows up bumps allowing you to rip up the trails. 21 speeds with Shimano rear derailleur offer fast efficient gear selection to keep you moving while front disc and rear linear pull brakes supply superior stopping power to your light, sturdy alloy wheels.

4-Bar Alloy Dual Suspension frame with ZOOM Fork soaks up any bumps in your way
    MTB riser bars provide added control
    Shift through 21 speeds smoothly and precisely with the assistance of a Shimano rear derailleur
    Promax Disc front and alloy linear pull rear brakes offer responsive stopping
    AERO swift black anodized alloy rims provide lightweight durability

Mongoose 26" full suspension Bike

stalker

Sorry no bikes but....wtf

All credit to Iggy on this one...

Any takers?

best of craigslist: Manhood Camping

Manhood Camping
    Date: 2011-05-08, 7:35PM PDT
    [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Manhood Camping Firequest. Lookin' for a 100% for real bros to share/experience manhood in all its glory. This is for real, I don't want to waste my time or yours. 100% JO and manhood, no sugar added. I AM NOT GAY. Don't even think this is a sex thing, it's all about manhood.

Looking for bros to head into the woods and bond by fire, experience life as men once lived it, JO circle, and fire/vision quests.

THIS IS NOT A SEX THING.

Gonna need some basic things/skills, I don't want to be slowed down by fools:

- must be in reasonable shape, if you get winded walking then stay home
    - Ed Hardy camping gear, it's really good gear and it's awesome
    - desire to be a man among men
    - not afraid to wield a blade
    - crystal, I'm not sharing mine
    - must be able to make a fire
    - gloves
    - a knowledge of native vegetation (knowledge of psychotropic fungus a plus)
    - knowledge of modern music
    - protective/splash resistant eye wear
    - 5 - 10 of those clip things that rock climbers use

We are gonna need a mobile music device, ipod or something. I'm bringing the music for the firequests and visionquests, Nickleback's The Long Road. I only have it on CD, so I'll have my discman as a last resort, an ipod would be nicer. Just sayin'.

Dont' want to see"

- bad attitudes
    - gay/homoerotic behavior, this is a manhood thing. I AM NOT GAY.
    - cock rings, can't keep it up w/o help, you aren't gonna make it on this quest
    - firearms, there's gonna be enough guns going off and spent shells to pick up
    - the nerds/dorks/lames/and anyone less than 100% into manhood.

If you are serious, then I promise you this will be the trip of your life. It will change the way you think. I'm serious, and I AM NOT GAY. To see a group of bros being men, a JO circle by a camp fire. The charge/energy in the air. Crystals get jacked, no lie. You will slip into a different frame of mind, you will feel electric.

Last outing, we had a group that was so charged we attracted bears. It was no deal, nature knew man was in the forest, the crystals gave us the confidence to own those bears. I saw it, I was there.

100% SERIOUS, NO FAKERS

PostingID: 2370048082
    Bark less, wag more

mtbr member

mtbr member
    MNTN BIKE 26" 24spd DB Titanium - $350 (PA)

Date: 2011-08-23, 10:30AM EDT

I am selling my totally custom bike. Around $1,000 invested and I have most of the original parts as well! his thing has front and rear disc brakes, MANY aftermarket parts, and everything is quick-release. I put this together as a project and it was a beautiful thing! money is very tight so i must sacrifice all i have invested! Please call/text kevin @ xxxx Too many things to list on this one. Feel free to ask questions!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    HALF BIKE, HALF GROCERY CART, ALL AWESOME! Franken-bike beer mule - $60 (Atlantic Blvd & Mayport Rd)
    Date: 2011-07-30, 10:48PM EDT

For sale is the ultimate grocery-getter (or beer mule) -- An unholy union of a mini-shopping cart and 26" bicycle. OK, go look at the pics now and come back.

This is a totally custom fabrication and it's the ultimate one-of-a-kind ride. It looks pretty mad-max-ghetto, but it rides great -- you steer using the shopping cart handles so the cart basically replaces the front wheel & handlebars. This is a real attention getter and the perfect bike for anything from all-day-all-night party hopping to picking up diapers.

So if you're sick of riding a normal lame-o '2 wheeler', sick of not being able to transport as much damn beer as you damn well please, sick of people not saying "what the hell is that crazy thing?!" when you roll past -- then this is the bike for you!

Price is $60. yeah, seriously, this crazy bike can be all yours for less than a tank of gas... Pickup only.

Any questions, just ask!

That's Awesome!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperus View Post
    Check out post #601

banned
    ARE YOU SICK OF LITTLE SISSY GIRLIE BIKES? RAT ROD!!

ARE YOU SICK OF LITTLE SISSY GIRLIE BIKES? RAT ROD!! - $100 (Denton TX)

Date: 2011-08-27, 9:34PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-XXXXXXXXXXXXXX@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

What's wrong? Your little pastel fixie causing you to be mistaken for a 10 year old girl? Are you sick and tired of going to your father's house and seeing the sheer DISAPPOINTMENT in his eyes? Every time you visit, its the same story, "I thought i raised you better. you used to be awesome. now look at you. carbon fiber so and so's. horrible day glow windbreaker, that im sure grandmother threw away. PINK WHEELS FOR GAWS SAKE!!"

Today is the day.
    Today is when you will make your father PROUD!!

Today is the day...you will buy this bike.

What's that you say? "What is this 'Rat-Rod' business all about?"
    I'll tell you what it is.
    Its about KICKIN' SOME A!!!! (and looking cool while doing so!)

What we have here, is a 1996 model Schwinn Heavy-Duti. It has been modified, customized, and generally AWESOME'D to the point of literally...LITERALLY MELTING YOUR FACE ( & your mom's face) INTO A PUDDLE OF RITEOUS GOO!!

Starting off with the BEEFY-EST of beefy metals, this frame and fork is a BEAST!
    (Once while riding, I was hit by a Mack 18 wheeler. The truck evaporated when it touched the HOT SAUSE that is this bike)

Spokes? It's got em. and they're big too.
    You know your lil' buddy "Topher" or whatever his name is. Well. those big ol' holes in his ears? They're like that. Only BIGGER!!

See that paint job. you know what that's called? RUST, EMM EFFER!! (i think that's the scientific name for it)
    This rust here is special rust. It will NEVER permeate the super crazy adamantium metal of the frame.

All of the bearings and races have been cleaned and greased,
    Drop bars with the foam grips. black on black.
    The way Mr. Cash would have wanted them to be.

See the seat. Looks like it hurts, right? NOPE! (dont ride naked)
    It only looks like it hurts. Not unlike WRASTLIN!!
    Your bottom will be gently cushioned & never hurt. Much like Jake "The Snake" Roberts being gracefully whipped against the ropes by "Nature Boy" Ric Flair.

Its got Blue Rims so the ladies (or dudes) will see it and have their minds blown.

All around., this is the coolest thing your tiny brain will ever comprehend.
    And now, due to the impending apocalypse, it can be YOURS!!!

I'm asking that you give me ONE HUNDRED BUCKS!!
    Or you can give me more that that. so i guess $100 O.B.O.

Email if u want.
    Text if u need.
    nine X OH! five X X THREE ZERO SEVEN ATE!!

(this is very difficult for me. don't make me drive to someplace crazy, just so you can attempt to FATHOM THE GREATNESS, then shy away, disappointing your father even more)

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Name:  3mb3oa3l05V05P45X2b8re3b2a6a8830d1b18.jpg
Views: 975
Size:  8.2 KB Name:  3n33k13p65Q55U15S0b8r70c5b713e0351e42.jpg
Views: 935
Size:  6.8 KB Name:  3n83k43p75Q05X15R5b8rfc3168ba9b4e1f27.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  7.9 KB Name:  3nb3o43l35O35Y15Z3b8rd736d1418fee161e.jpg
Views: 930
Size:  5.9 KB

Bro
    Content from my avatar

Uhhh....

Great Burningman Package - $1 (Reno)

Date: 2011-08-28, 7:41PM PDT
    Reply to: sale-39tua-2570990583@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a great deal for those going to burningman. I have two mountain bikes in great condition that i will rent out. The package deal goes as this: The 2 bikes and a bike rack for $200, and when you bring back all of it i will reimburse you $50. It is a great deal without having to purchase bikes and then get rid of them. And you get money back. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks.

Brad
    Sometimes, I question the value of my content.

banned
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bik/2571788985.html

trek 4500 (denton ) $35
    from craigslist | bicycles in dallas / fort worth
    Hello iam a gay from university of denton , my man just left, have for sale my trek 4500 bike is dirty need money call 972-742-XXXX

Some Dude

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?

C'mon guys! This thread was on page 2.

good condition has extra set of tires (slicks), bike lock, rack, and tail light askin $800 obo

trek mountainbike

BikePedia - 2005 Trek 4300 Complete Bicycle

Sorry. IDK how to post the actual ad.
    I'm a ******bag in real life so I dont have to be one on the interwebz.

mtbr member
    If you guys need entires goto OAKVILLE, ONTARIO'S craigslist and see the **** I have to put up with. every idiot thinks his bike is a worth 1k.
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride." - John F. Kennedy

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

All day long
    Full Suspension XTR carbon fiber everything - XC Mountain Bike

Hello, I am selling my full suspension Custom XC mountain bike. Total weight is 24lbs and has all the best components XTR and Carbon Fiber EVERYTHING!! - Anyone who knows about mountain bikes knows that XTR is the top of the line. Rock Shox Reba front fork shock with lockout, FOX automatic rear shock. 4+ inches of travel. This thing is awesome, when I brought it to the bike shop the guy there told me it was worth at least $4000 when compared to what he had in the store. Has always been babied and professionally tuned. perfect condition, not even a scratch!

How about some shittier pictures?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppuh Klyde View Post
    good condition has extra set of tires (slicks), bike lock, rack, and tail light askin $800 obo

trek mountainbike

BikePedia - 2005 Trek 4300 Complete Bicycle

Sorry. IDK how to post the actual ad.

Dude, it comes with a lock

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Genom View Post
    Full Suspension XTR carbon fiber everything - XC Mountain Bike

Hello, I am selling my full suspension Custom XC mountain bike. Total weight is 24lbs and has all the best components XTR and Carbon Fiber EVERYTHING!! - Anyone who knows about mountain bikes knows that XTR is the top of the line. Rock Shox Reba front fork shock with lockout, FOX automatic rear shock. 4+ inches of travel. This thing is awesome, when I brought it to the bike shop the guy there told me it was worth at least $4000 when compared to what he had in the store. Has always been babied and professionally tuned. perfect condition, not even a scratch!

How about some shittier pictures?
    Thats a hardtail in the picture...

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Naa I think its a FS, look closer!

The Smiths Design
    I'm not seeing a bike with Rock Shox Reba, shimano parts and that style of suspension being worth $4000 new, $2000 maybe... (I built a santa cruz juliana for my wife with sram XO drivetrain, shimano XTR wheels, Rock Shox SID, elixir carbon brakes for around $4000)

Tigers love pepper...
    Saw two today.

Rare walk behind unicylce ;-)

Only $1K? Maybe in 1998.

mtbr member
    lol @ the shopping cart bike.

I seen this on the jax cl last week. It would make a good beer buggy.

mtbr member
    From Craigslist in San Luis Obispo, California...

Heavy Metal DH Sled (Cuesta Ridge)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2011-09-12, 6:29PM PDT
    Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Handbuilt monstrosity of a bike
    Definitely made for down hill
    XL frame size hard tail
    Frame made of 2" galvanized water pipe, lead filled
    1" galvanized water pipe seat and chain stays, also lead filled
    Solid stock rigid fork
    Solid stock handlebars
    1-1/2" galvanized water pipe seat post, lead filled
    Heavy steel wheels off my old Huffy, 40 hole, 14 straight gage spokes, brass nipples
    Double thorn proof tubes in each wheel
    Heavy wire bead 3.00 tires
    Steel controls
    Steel crank (Huffy again)
    Heavy steel everywhere
    All holes lead filled
    Not one piece of aluminum anywhere
    This baby tips the scales at 250 pounds, similar to current DH bikes
    A little sluggish on the uphills, but look out on the downhills

Offer

PostingID: 2595714375

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SLOCanucker View Post
    Frame made of 2" galvanized water pipe, lead filled
    1" galvanized water pipe seat and chain stays, also lead filled
    1-1/2" galvanized water pipe seat post, lead filled
    All holes lead filled

This baby tips the scales at 250 pounds, similar to current DH bikes

mtbr member
    Not CL, but too good to not post:

Cutter 'support' saddle - Pinkbike.com

Price: $1000 USD

one of a kind Cutter 'support' seat. really hold your ass in place!!!

willing to trade for a DH frame or a complete bike of any kind

shoot me an offer
    Last edited by nikojan; 09-13-2011 at 09:27 PM.

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nikojan View Post
    No CL, but too good to not post:

Cutter 'support' saddle - Pinkbike.com
    I had to go and see this "one of a kind" seat. Here are the photos...

Name:  p1pb7105620.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  9.1 KB Name:  p1pb7105619.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  9.2 KB Name:  p1pb7105618.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  9.3 KB Name:  p1pb7105617.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  8.7 KB Name:  p1pb7105616.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  9.5 KB

If that seat sells for half that amount I'm going into the seat making business.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marpilli View Post
    I had to go and see this "one of a kind" seat. Here are the photos...

Name:  p1pb7105620.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  9.1 KB Name:  p1pb7105619.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  9.2 KB Name:  p1pb7105618.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  9.3 KB Name:  p1pb7105617.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  8.7 KB Name:  p1pb7105616.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  9.5 KB

If that seat sells for half that amount I'm going into the seat making business.
    I've always said forming a business on a 1000% markup is the way to go

EDIT: deal of the century:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-screen-shot-2011-09-14-12.32.28-am.png  

Setup:
    11' Giant XTC 2 29er

mtbr member
    "LANCE ARMSTRONE USPS TOUR de FRANCE POSTER"

*edit* the funny part is he spelled it armstrone each time he spelled it..not like it was just a mistake once

mtbr member
    I don't feel like uploading 30 or so screenshots from my ipod on here so I'm just gonna give some of my favorite wtf quotes from the past couple months.

"I have an awesome set of super straight, barely ridden hipster wheels for sale"

"my girlfriend moved in and she has a rotweiler and my pet monkey and the dog dont get along sooo 1 of them has to go"

There was a "2 shelf sandwich food warmer.Etc" for sale in the bike section of craigslist

From an ad looking for a stolen bike "if your kid brings home something you know you didn't buy, you can bet it's stollen or parts of it are"

"cycling bike in good condition!"

This is the entire listing except for the phone number "Coda Expert presta 4 bolt disc wheelset. Narrow rims. Speed."

"WOW***Murray Mountain Scene-Mtb Bike - $150 18 speed. Needs new home. Complete"

"High End Mountain Bike-$250 2011 Pacific Tuscon Full Suspension mountain bike"

"Downhill Stainless Steel Straight MTB Bars...I would call these forever bars!"

"I am trying to break the world record for the most people in a vw bug i need 20 people to get ahold of me xxx-xxxx requirements are must be 18 and must be at least 5 foot tall the smaller the better" The title of that ad was "small people - $1"

"Hello! Im a college student heading back to school next week and my bike has CRAPPED ALL OVER MY FACE GUYS." (if caps lock didn't work from crapped to guys was all caps)

"please do not take advantage of my tiny wallet, craigslist. Youre all fine folks"

a wedding band found mountain biking

"wanted: cheap mtn bikes to trash in our youtube show...Even though we're professional bike riding men, me and my buddy Robby crash a lot of bikes"

"GMC DANALI RACING BIKE..it has lots of special features! YOu wont be disappointed!"

"26 sets of handbars...Don't ask me if they "fit" I can't answer that, schwinn is in the upper right corner..again please don't ask if they fit it is what it is"

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    This isn't bike related but it still belongs in this group! Who knows maybe someone can apply for this job.

Velociraptor needed

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatch rides a SS View Post
    I don't feel like uploading 30 or so screenshots from my ipod on here so I'm just gonna give some of my favorite wtf quotes from the past couple months.

"I have an awesome set of super straight, barely ridden hipster wheels for sale"

"my girlfriend moved in and she has a rotweiler and my pet monkey and the dog dont get along sooo 1 of them has to go"

There was a "2 shelf sandwich food warmer.Etc" for sale in the bike section of craigslist

From an ad looking for a stolen bike "if your kid brings home something you know you didn't buy, you can bet it's stollen or parts of it are"

"cycling bike in good condition!"

This is the entire listing except for the phone number "Coda Expert presta 4 bolt disc wheelset. Narrow rims. Speed."

"WOW***Murray Mountain Scene-Mtb Bike - $150 18 speed. Needs new home. Complete"

"High End Mountain Bike-$250 2011 Pacific Tuscon Full Suspension mountain bike"

"Downhill Stainless Steel Straight MTB Bars...I would call these forever bars!"

"I am trying to break the world record for the most people in a vw bug i need 20 people to get ahold of me xxx-xxxx requirements are must be 18 and must be at least 5 foot tall the smaller the better" The title of that ad was "small people - $1"

"Hello! Im a college student heading back to school next week and my bike has CRAPPED ALL OVER MY FACE GUYS." (if caps lock didn't work from crapped to guys was all caps)

"please do not take advantage of my tiny wallet, craigslist. Youre all fine folks"

a wedding band found mountain biking

"wanted: cheap mtn bikes to trash in our youtube show...Even though we're professional bike riding men, me and my buddy Robby crash a lot of bikes"

"GMC DANALI RACING BIKE..it has lots of special features! YOu wont be disappointed!"

"26 sets of handbars...Don't ask me if they "fit" I can't answer that, schwinn is in the upper right corner..again please don't ask if they fit it is what it is"
    do you live in ideehoe ?

mtbr member
    no.

mtbr member
    Seat post (Clifton)

Date: 2011-09-15, 10:31PM EDT
    Reply to: sale-8utfv-2601050141@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Some a-hole removed the seat post from my bike and left the seat just laying? lying? resting! He/she just left the saddle resting on the top tube.

I would like it back please. The saddle is useless unless it is attached to the bike.

I am willing to give an appropriate reward commensurate with the timely, safe return of my seat post.

No questions asked unless you are willing to tell me how you came upon the post.

Google "seat post" to get an idea for what you are looking for (be sure to click on "images" tab otherwise you'll likely end up reading a lame blog called SeatPosts written by this ****** in Portland who is a little too zealous about cycling and thinks bike messengers are God's chosen people just below the Israelites) It's chrome.

Thanks

Hissatsu Jitensha-nin

Some people deserve to be slapped.

Jackson Pollock Specialized Rock - $375 (So. OC to Irvine)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-jacksonpollock.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Novel approach....

Piece of Shit Bike for sale

banned
    OK, at the first post I was laughing about "The shockproof Fork of FMURRAY". Then, I notice the same person posted an ad for the Murray wheels and "The real wheel has 7 cassette rings." Finally, I see another ad (same person) for "kids' FUFFY 16" MOUNTAIN STYLE BIKE". I can't stand it!

The shockproof Fork FMURRAY Mountain 24" Bike
    The shockproof Fork FMURRAY Mountain 24" Bike - $20 (Plano/TX 75093)

Date: 2011-09-16, 6:33PM CDT

There is The shockproof Fork of FMURRAY Mountain 24" Bike with very nice working and appearance conditions.

MURRAY MOUNTAIN BIKE 24" WHEEL W/TIRE.
    MURRAY MOUNTAIN BIKE 24" WHEEL W/TIRE. - $40 (Plano/TX 75093)

Date: 2011-09-16, 6:25PM CDT

There are pair of MURRAY MOUNTAIN BIKE 24" WHEEL W/TIRE with very good working conditions..
    The real wheel has 7 cassette rings.

kids' FUFFY 16" MOUNTAIN STYLE BIKE NICE!
    kids' FUFFY 16" MOUNTAIN STYLE BIKE NICE! - $20 (Plano/TX 75093)

Date: 2011-09-16, 5:42PM CDT

There is a kids' FUFFY 16" MOUNTAIN STYLE BIKE with very good working conditions.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetTeach View Post
    Novel approach....

Piece of **** Bike for sale
    Lol, I noticed that one, also. Hello from far (far) north dallas.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by JetTeach View Post
    Novel approach....

Piece of **** Bike for sale
    love the 'featured in GTA' bit and how long that post is...
    But, the poster is correct
    can't beat a classic by buying from ScrewUSA...err Walmart.
    Honestly... ahh I give up

mikeb

Live 2 Ride

Hayes "Juice" brakes?

Clearly they are either nines or HFX and I doubt it's a Scott. Looks more like an old school Schwinn.

**DownHill Racing Custom Scott fullsuspension **
    Best of Everything!!!
    WhiteBrosFork DH-2 adjustable.
    Fox TC vanilla rear shock adjustable.
    Hayes juice disc brakes.
    Must see to appreciate!

Recent tune, rim true and detail.
    30 day warranty.
    **DownHill Racing Custom Scott fullsuspension WhiteBrosFork**

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Love to see him get $200 out of it...

Trek Road Bike - $900 (West Wichita)
    Date: 2011-09-26, 9:37AM CDT
    Reply to: sale-gw8wa-2617948024@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    10 year old Trek model...road bike...aluminum frame with carbon rear fork...cobb cycling v-flow max saddle is still in excellent condition...basic schimano components...altegra road hangle bars...I was given this bike during the summer of 2009 and rode it quite a bit during that summer and fall. I had the schimano components and road bars and cobb saddle installed during the spring of 2010 but I didnt ride it as much as I hoped. It has been collectin dust in the garage and I would like to see if there is anyone interested in buying this bike for $900. I'm willing to negogiate on price. I have a trainer as well that I would like to sell for $75. If interested please contact me via email.

* it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0

Hissatsu Jitensha-nin

You know you want one

Rare Red Mtv LERUN Uniskate Part Unicycle, Part Skateboard Bike - $100 (North Hollywood)

THIS IS A VERY RARE UNICYCLE SKATE BIKE WITH A TIRE IN THE REAR AND SKATE WHEELS IN THE FRONT.
    YOU STEER WITH YOUR WEIGHT SHIFTING LEFT OR RIGHT, HAS COMFORTABLE SEAT AND COASTER BRAKE ( BACK PEDAL )
    DESIGNED IN THE U.S.A. THIS BIKE IS A BLAST TO RIDE AND I'LL BET YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xT1E-yqK2pY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-le1k.jpg  

mikeb
    REAR WTB DERAILLEUR 9/8 SPEED
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-picture-2.jpg  

~Disc~Golf~
    I love 36 spoke derailleurs!

mtbr member
    Feb 2010

Yes! I finally found the "Lets make fun of Craigslist post-"

I am SO glad that I found this thread.

Freakin SF Craigslist sucks so bad. I am so glad that I finally got the opportunity to write it.. I've been hating on the key words "vintage and fixie" for years.. and years..
    Coincidentally, just last night, a friend of mine (I can't rip on him too bad) and says he wants to sell his cruiser.. I buy cruisers.. I buy bikes of all kinds.. Tells me the bike is posted.. I laughed when I saw it.. As I google the price on my cell phone, he throws the classic line "I paid this.." My own friend.. was about $50 above msrp selling a used cruiser.. To me, and he knows I know bikes. I broke it down to my friend and I am really suprised we are still friends after the deal ended.. Some people just don't want to hear their bike is not a Record Colnago. I walked away with the bike, and fortuneately, he has no more bikes to sell after that. Finally, why he would sell his only bike? I don't want to know..

Sorry for the novel. I had to break in this thread this one time..

banned
    Guess the Mexican cartel violence has finally reached DFW. :P

MEXICAN TO BE DISMEMBERED, ORGANS SOLD FOR PROFIT(A BIKE, SILLY!)

MEXICAN TO BE DISMEMBERED, ORGANS SOLD FOR PROFIT(A BIKE, SILLY!) - $160 (FTW)
    Date: 2011-10-04, 8:39AM CDT

BORN IN MEXICO 1970, HONEST HARDWORKING BIKE, VICTIM OF PROFILING GUILTY OF NOTHING.HAS THE RIGHT STUFF BUT UNWANTED! GUESS I'II SELL ALL THESE KILLER PARTS FOR PROFIT.(SUNTOUR,DIACOMPE,SUNSHINE ETC.) CALL 81721379ZEROSIX TO STAY EXECUTION,& AQUIRE AN AWESOME BIKE!

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Name:  5Y65T05P23ne3mc3p7ba4e459a5b29ee519ad.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  10.9 KB

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Guess the Mexican cartel violence has finally reached DFW. :P

MEXICAN TO BE DISMEMBERED, ORGANS SOLD FOR PROFIT(A BIKE, SILLY!)
    I saw this on there this morning!! Love it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Apparently this is a real thing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-dog.jpg  

Gotta pay to play
    Tips for pro CL bike sellers:

1) Find old bike in garage, dumpster, or friend's attic
    2) Create CL ad with out of focus cell phone pic.
    3) Make sure Vintage and Fixie are in the title.
    4) If you paid $X for the bike, your list price should be $X times 80%. Let all potential buys know how much a deal you are giving them.
    5) Wait for people to email/call
    6) Keep waiting. You are winning.
    7) Re-post ad after 3 days.
    8) Repeat steps 5-7 for six months.
    9) Throw bike back in garage. It's pretty obvious the economy is in the crapper and no one wants to pay what the bike is worth.

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelscott View Post

4) If you paid $X for the bike, your list price should be $X times 80%. Let all potential buys know how much a deal you are giving them.
    9) Throw bike back in garage. It's pretty obvious the economy is in the crapper and no one wants to pay what the bike is worth.
    I hope you don't mind. But, I'm going to post that up (verbatim) to my local CL.

EDIT:
    Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-bike-tips.jpg
    Last edited by marpilli; 10-05-2011 at 11:02 AM.

Team Livemedium

Bikes aren't boats

sucks about the theft AND the spelling AND the grammer. Keep your eyes out for these.

Stolen----- team bike and bikes

Stolen----- team bike and bikes (from temple)
    Date: 2011-10-05, 9:31PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-p2sun-2634952858@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    We are looking for the ass hole that stolen 4 bikes from a stoage unit in temple he might be looking to sale them
    Masi black with dura ace 06 gran cousre and a vintage Liotto white blue lettering and red rolf wheels and a 24`` redline chrome
    frame, and a cannondale seaco race bike and picture is here of it with custom yellow lettering and campy hardware.

Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by bamwa1 View Post
    sucks about the theft AND the spelling AND the grammer. Keep your eyes out for these.

Stolen----- team bike and bikes

Stolen----- team bike and bikes (from temple)
    Date: 2011-10-05, 9:31PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-p2sun-2634952858@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    We are looking for the ass hole that stolen 4 bikes from a stoage unit in temple he might be looking to sale them
    Masi black with dura ace 06 gran cousre and a vintage Liotto white blue lettering and red rolf wheels and a 24`` redline chrome
    frame, and a cannondale seaco race bike and picture is here of it with custom yellow lettering and campy hardware.
    If you cannot be bothered as to spell, punctuate or have decent grammar, why should I bother caring about your bike
    - give a shlt for me to give a shlt!

mtbr member
    I hope you don't mind. But, I'm going to post that up (verbatim) to my local CL.

EDIT:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike tips.jpg 
Views:	816 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	644652
    That is really a WTF!

mtbr member

Seems like my buddy has been using this advice.

mtbr member
    I posted the tip for pro cl bike sellers on my local craigslist to see what the response would be, and it was flagged and removed in about 30 minutes

mtbr member
    Gotta get me this Treck Vicleta!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-treckvicleta.jpg  

mikeb
    Awesome full suspension bike

exactly what the hell is this thing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-picture-2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

2 More

1st one misspelled "worthless", 2nd should sell itself with pics that good!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-cl1.jpg  

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-cl2.jpg  

banned

20" of travel? Woo hoo!!!

Marzocchi Italian Suspension Fork

Marzocchi Italian Suspension Fork - $100 (Arlington)

Date: 2011-10-09, 11:20PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-3cdj7-2641564401@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

In great shape. 9 inch steer tube and 20 inch of travel (axel to crown race) For a downhill bike or something you want a lot of travel.

Name:  DSC03787.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  31.8 KB Name:  DSC03788.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  26.3 KB Name:  DSC03789.jpg
Views: 728
Size:  29.8 KB Name:  DSC03790.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  33.2 KB
    20" of travel? Awesome! For a downhill bike or something you want a lot of travel.

Live 2 Ride
    Did you email him to tell him how to properly measure travel?

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Stolen Bikes

Interesting I know the guy in Temple nice guy he owns a hobby shop and a race track ,and a secret part owner of 2 bike shops one in Austin one close to Temple and heard he is worth a few million from a construction job out of Houston. And owns like 2 private airports one in Temple and Houston and like 7 airplanes for a hobby. He just wants to hang the ******* that did it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    yes we know him he owns a few bike shops

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh cox View Post
    Interesting I know the guy in Temple nice guy he owns a hobby shop and a race track ,and a secret part owner of 2 bike shops one in Austin one close to Temple and heard he is worth a few million from a construction job out of Houston. And owns like 2 private airports one in Temple and Houston and like 7 airplanes for a hobby. He just wants to hang the ******* that did it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh cox View Post
    yes we know him he owns a few bike shops
    Dear John, WTF are you talking about???

Quote Originally Posted by Kona0197 View Post
    Did you email him to tell him how to properly measure travel?
    Nuh uh, not my job to set him straight. He'd probably just get snippy with me, anyway.

banned
    I got a laugh out of the selling point "tits still on tires".

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-cl-tires.gif

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    This is the best mtbr thread ever.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by longfinkillie View Post
    Rare Red Mtv LERUN Uniskate Part Unicycle, Part Skateboard Bike - $100 (North Hollywood)

THIS IS A VERY RARE UNICYCLE SKATE BIKE WITH A TIRE IN THE REAR AND SKATE WHEELS IN THE FRONT.
    YOU STEER WITH YOUR WEIGHT SHIFTING LEFT OR RIGHT, HAS COMFORTABLE SEAT AND COASTER BRAKE ( BACK PEDAL )
    DESIGNED IN THE U.S.A. THIS BIKE IS A BLAST TO RIDE AND I'LL BET YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN ONE.
    Of the recent posts, this is one of my favorites! They are right that I have not ever seen one, but there is probably a reason for that. I do kinda want one...but not for that price.

This is one of the best treads I've seen so far during my short time on this forum.

mtbr member

Upset womenz are evil!

ouch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-ouchcl.jpg  

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

so descriptive!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-sodescriptive.jpg  

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMike View Post
    ouch
    women...can't live w/ 'em - can't shoot 'em

~Disc~Golf~
    I'm sorry dear baby Jesus, that was uncalled for - please forgive me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I'm sorry dear baby Jesus, that was uncalled for - please forgive me
    lol, Reminded me of this one from Eastbound & Down.

Instantly I regret saying that, that was a horrible thing to say. It's just, I'm Kenny Powers, and I'm very upset right with how I'm acting right now!

mtbr member

Listen!

It just amazes me how stupid people are in the world. Are these the same type of people that have to remind themselves to breathe?

On a side note I do love flagging these morons ads.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-newbicyclecl.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Human Kidney for sale GOOD CONDITION! - $10000 (Fort Worth)

Date: 2011-10-18, 10:11AM CDT
    Reply to: sale-7zncd-2655928943@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a kidney for sale. It's mine and in great condition. I'm selling it cheap because I need quick money to buy a llama. Thankyou.

PostingID: 2655928943

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

banned

20" Rare Bike

20" Rare Bike

20" Rare Bike - $40 (Balch springs)

Date: 2011-10-20, 2:23PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-bpemv-XXXXXXXX@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Rare bike looks like home made
    For more info. DO NOT reply to this post, I do not check emails often
    WILL CONSIDER OFFERS, CASH ONLY, CALL OR TEXT BEFORE 2:00PM (214) 859 XXXX THANKS
    Serious inquires only please! No shipping Will remove post when sold.

Name:  5V15U55R43m03o63l5bak0149ca1d503212d8.jpg
Views: 481
Size:  3.5 KB Name:  5Q35P45X23n83k53pdbak15f6cfcb910d11cc.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  3.4 KB
    Ha! Rare bike? It's a girls frame flipped upside down and turned into a spray painted monstrosity... And, "Serious inquires only please!"

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by unsmowler View Post
    Uh, no... the seller is saying the two words "worth" and "less" not the compound "worthless". Example - A is worth less than B.

The fail is on you, own your fail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BeakJones View Post
    Originally Posted by unsmowler
    Uh, no... the seller is saying the two words "worth" and "less" not the compound "worthless". Example - A is worth less than B.

The fail is on you, own your fail.
    Uh, I think unsmowler was cleverly calling the bike worthless.

the half breed devil
    $675? really? boy, we must get some really good medical pot here in SF! trek's infamous "Y-glide" bike was a child of this design...

Dream Carbon Trek Pro MTB Frame, Fork, Crank, Extras
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-picture-4.jpg  

mtbr member
    I got a laugh out of the selling point "tits still on tires".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cl-tires.gif 
Views:	734 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	645886
    I hate those tits on the tires...or do I...

banned
    4 months old mgx mtb full suspicion. front wheel flat tiers

4 months old mgx mtb full suspicion. front wheel flat tiers - $70 (Richardson )

Date: 2011-10-25, 9:19AM CDT
    Reply to: sale-q57k7-2667831694@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I am going to sell this bike for good price because I don't have experience. Changing a tube
    bike on good shape frame.tiers.breaks.shifts
    26 inches wheels
    full suspicion
    red colors
    21 speeds
    more information pl e mail me back
    will contact you as soon as possible
    thanks

PostingID: 2667831694
    Dunno how to fix a flat? Looking up a "how-to" on youtube just too much work? Sell the bike!

mtbr member
    full suspicion is right!

banned
    ^^^ Ha! Hadn't noticed that...

banned
    Specialized Rock hopper comp like new

Specialized Rock hopper comp like new - $550 (Plano )

Date: 2011-10-25, 1:54PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-rrqux-2668415875@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

This is a like new specialized rock hopper comp bike.

The frame is made from A1 aluminum

This bike comes with road tires and off-road tires

Also the bike comes with a specialized air pump

First 550 cash gets it

Please call Chris at 214-215-XXXX

Name:  5U65X65S53nf3k03l8bapca3673088c7a1ffa.jpg
Views: 376
Size:  13.6 KB Name:  5O15V15U53kf3pb3ldbap6f63b7ddf9ff1cf6.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  13.7 KB
    Name:  5V55Z25U03pe3oc3l0bape0214baad77c19e6.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  13.8 KB Name:  5Y05Q25X43m83o53lebap438d906ed6d31c1f.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  13.1 KB
    Retailed for $780 back in 2000 and they're asking $550? Oh, it comes with a pump and spare tires. Let me go find my wallet...

BikePedia - 2000 Specialized Rockhopper A1 Comp fs Complete Bicycle

Team Livemedium

Get your carben fibber here!!

Giant TCR Advanced carbon frame

2005 GIANT TCR ADVANTAGE carben fibber frame and forks. Comes with neck, carben fibber seat post, and two carben fibber water cages. Had a repaired crack on the center inside post of the frame and was painted white. Come take a look at it. Asking $200 call or text at 210-508-3074

Keep trying to do the awesomest thing you've ever done.

~Disc~Golf~
    I Hate liars

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by highdelll View Post
    I Hate liars
    Can't you trust carben fibbers?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Epic MTB craigslist post

I just want to roll up to Lynn and hang out with the guy

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Radioface View Post
    Epic MTB craigslist post

I just want to roll up to Lynn and hang out with the guy
    "I have a pouch that is connected under the seat for tools, tire kit, and what not."

The "what not" in the pouch is probably the source of his problems

Vitamin Bike Added

Love it. This description is CL gospel.
    Keep the rubber side down

Clueless genius
    Feb 2011
    I'm not entirely sure what's for sale here... It says trek 6700... and fixie.... Well I see 2 treks, a giant, and a fixie... But no trek 6700 fixie...

Trek 6700 Fixie Bike
    1994 Cannondale M400 2017 Felt Surplus 30
    1997 Marin Point Reyes 2013 Pivot Mach 5.7

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^ email sent

"$200 for all for or ???"

the half breed devil
    umm...dude...were you typing with just your thumbs?

Brand Sparkilng new REDLINE d660 29er!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-picture-1.jpg  

the half breed devil
    then we have this fellow trying to unload practically useless items that should be left on the sidewalk for free...

BIKE SEATS, SHOES 10-10 1/2, TSHORTS

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 395