Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Cyclist of Borg
    "Then in a spontanious desperate act, i slammed my penis into the peanut butter"

That has to be the funniest line ever. I nearly fell off my chair. i laughed so hard, that my body convulsed and i pushed away from the desk, rolled across the floor, hit the wall and almost got tossed out of my chair. I am still LMAO
    Resistance is to high a gear.. i mean futile

TRANCER
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus
    "Then in a spontanious desperate act, i slammed my penis into the peanut butter"

That has to be the funniest line ever. I nearly fell off my chair. i laughed so hard, that my body convulsed and i pushed away from the desk, rolled across the floor, hit the wall and almost got tossed out of my chair. I am still LMAO
    I must have cracked up for like an hr when i read that same part
    Ride

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Too....much....info....NOOOOOOO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    hahaha

http://austin.craigslist.org/bik/1900794461.html

Re: Giant Mountain Bike (austin)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Date: 2010-08-15, 8:11PM CDT
    Reply to: sale-kuyjs-1900794461@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really wish anyone who posts an ad for one of those giant mountain bikes would place the bike next to some sort of reference... so we can see just how big these bikes are? because they always look normal size to me!

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1900794461
    >>>>>>>>JAMIS<<<<<<<<

www.thetexasoutdoors.com

I Have Cookies
    LOL Giant big........
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say.” – Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppuh Klyde
    That thing is pretty sweet. If they had made the middle section lengths correct for mounting a child seat in the middle (like an infant seat) with a safety strap I might buy it
    :wq

since 4/10/2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nachomc
    That thing is pretty sweet. If they had made the middle section lengths correct for mounting a child seat in the middle (like an infant seat) with a safety strap I might buy it
    The steering on that beast could get sketchy, since there's no means to prevent each rider from steering differently.

It needs some sort of linkage to keep the front wheels aligned correctly.

I Have Cookies
    Quote Originally Posted by nachomc
    I'd mount a net in there....like on a catamaran
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say.” – Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by Koppuh Klyde
    Whoa...how frikkin dangerous... (**edit**- I didn't notice the linkage at first - but still funky )
    I would link them at/near the drop-outs - too much torsional twist IMO in the way it's linked now

**I'm posting a screen-save just in case the link goes south....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-wtf-craig-bike.jpg  

Honestly... ahh I give up

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by NateHawk
    The steering on that beast could get sketchy, since there's no means to prevent each rider from steering differently.

It needs some sort of linkage to keep the front wheels aligned correctly.
    Actually, I think there is some kind of linkage for the steering, as wonky as it is. The third picture shows it.

parts leftover
    "...and there is a slight crack in the frame but it is still solid."

HAHAHA, sounds like a shady used car dealer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-picture-1.png  

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Isn't that Kona about the equivalent of a department store bike sold these days?

~Disc~Golf~
    Quote Originally Posted by bikedreamer
    Isn't that Kona about the equivalent of a department store bike sold these days?
    no.

mtbr member

Kilted Cyclist
    Jan 2004
    From the Vancouver Craigslist:

Carbon Fiber Gary Fisher - $899 (Vancouver)
    Date: 2010-09-16, 9:33AM PDT

15" Carbon Fiber Frame Gary Fisher Procaliber Mountain bike. Lady riden well looked after (non thrashed) . 24 speed Deore XT with Dia-Compe brakes, Bontrage head set. Judy Rock Shock with very light weight carbon fiber old school geometry frame. (not a downhill racing/ jump bike). Lots of miles left. Clipless pedals or can change.Suit rider 5'-3" to 5'-8" approx. Was Lady riden. Very light and responsive. Must see and ride to appreciate.

enjoying the scenery

2005 Trek 1000 - Low Mileage

18 miles only! The odometer says so...

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblisk
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/1780866103.html

"I am a mountain man. You are probably not a mountain man, but, you wish you were. This bike is your ticket to two things: 1- Mountains and 2- Being a man.

I ride this bike everyday. Not for fun or sport like the spandex boys, but to hunt and kill food. I know for a fact that this bike will jump over canyons, climb trees, kill bears, and forge rivers. The bike has ridden every part of the Wasatch from top to bottom. This bike won’t break. It’s half carbon fiber and half bad-ass. Some guy told me this bike is a piece of history. I thought it was new this year, but I also thought it was still 1998. Apparently it is 2010 and time flies when you live in a cave.

The bike says K2 pro-flex 4000 on the side of it. I don’t know what that means. It probably means it can kill an elephant. The bike is red, so the blood won’t show on it. The tires are knobby so you can pedal straight up a cliff. It has shocks on the front and the back for when you jump off the cliff. The stuff on it all says “Shimano XT”. I’m pretty sure that is because it was cursed once by an indian medicine man named Shimano. The guy was a jack-ass. He tried to steal some of my stuff so I bit off his left ear.

The bike has a chain that I use to kill rattle snakes sometimes. It also has a seat. I don’t use it, but you probably will for the first few years until you build up the muscle. I also installed a shotgun holder on the bike that conveniently fits a water bottle.

If you have questions about the bike, don’t bother calling me. If you don’t understand how tough the bike is, I probably won’t be able to help you.

If you want to buy the bike, then I will take american cash. I need to send some money to a very important man who emailed me from nigeria so I need the cash quick.

My name is Dirty Jack. This is my website http://www.garagetopia.com/ "

I love this. Thank you for finding it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    This is a pretty funny posting.

http://www.evilmilk.com/pictures/Xtc_For_Sale.htm

Just Ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardpapa
    From the Vancouver Craigslist:

Carbon Fiber Gary Fisher - $899 (Vancouver)
    Date: 2010-09-16, 9:33AM PDT

15" Carbon Fiber Frame Gary Fisher Procaliber Mountain bike. Lady riden well looked after (non thrashed) . 24 speed Deore XT with Dia-Compe brakes, Bontrage head set. Judy Rock Shock with very light weight carbon fiber old school geometry frame. (not a downhill racing/ jump bike). Lots of miles left. Clipless pedals or can change.Suit rider 5'-3" to 5'-8" approx. Was Lady riden. Very light and responsive. Must see and ride to appreciate.

hahahah. Cheap as. Since a lady has ridden it aswell it would be in perfect condition since women don't ride as hard as men.

Wait for me!
    Dibs

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    You're getting a $900 BIKE for ONLY $499!!!

I'm willing to give the seller an even $500 just because the deal is way too good, I want to weed out other buyers.

Bought this bike $500
    Tune up for $80
    Additional Accessories (Listed Below): $250+

Special Bike, not an ordinary.

Total Bike cost is $900+ (Still tire treads are new) and selling for $499. - FULLY LOADED

Moving Sale - PRICE IS FIRM - This bike is used for less than 20 miles in my apartment complex. ABSOLUTELY BRAND NEW CONDITION. I am moving out of state, so i dont like to carry with me. It's always standing inside my home.

1) Water bottle Holder.
    2) Digital Wireless Speedo Meter
    3) Puncture proof Tubes.
    4) Bag - behind seat
    5) Silicon Seat Cover
    6) CREE LED flash light and Rear Danger LED light
    7) Additional LED lights for front and back
    8) Required Toolkit for Bike Repair
    9) Helmet - Never Used yet
    10) Additional Gear Cable
    11) Gero Glouse - M
    12) Locks
    13) Dual Air Pump - can use it for car also

With the mongoose DH Team Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike, downhill riding never felt so good. Handle any terrain in style with a dual-suspension aluminum frame, 24-speed trigger shifters and custom camo wheels. This aggressive bike shows the bumps in the road who's boss, once and for all!

Frame: _____________4-Bar alloy dual-suspension hydro-form
    Rear Shock: _________Coil spring, adjustable
    Fork: ______________Rock Shox Dart1 suspension fork, 100mm
    Shifters: ____________24-speed SRAM SX4 Trigger Shifter system
    Stem: ______________31.8 Ahead Stem
    Handlebars: _________Carbon wrap Fat Bars, 31.8
    Crank Set: __________Suntour XR 24/34/43
    Front Derailleur: ______Suntour
    Rear Derailleur: _______SRAM SX4
    Brakes: _____________ProMax mechanical dual disc
    Wheels: ____________26" Star "Speed" disc rims with camo, 32H
    Tires: ______________Mongoose DH 26" x 2.35"
    Pedals: _____________Mongoose Alloy platform
    Seat: _______________Mongoose DH saddle with camo print, quick release

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-bike2.jpg

the test dummy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion

I'm willing to give the seller an even $500 just because the deal is way too good, I want to weed out other buyers.
    i wouldn't even through that down a hill by it self its to risky
    Quote Originally Posted by craftworks750
    Riding a mtb is like a reset button, 10 mins in and there is nothing else in the world that matters.
    my bikes
    -
    Ben

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion

that seat looks mighty comfortable.

Permanent Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by bwheelin
    that seat looks mighty comfortable.
    Has to be - guy's got a meter for his Speedo! Not much padding in one of those!
    I'm beginning to overcome my "momentum issues" but even that is happening slowly.

MTB Name - Crustius Maximus

mtbr member
    I wonder what the "additional gear cable" is for?
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I don't like making fun of people, but I had to post that. $900? Really? I hope nobody get's suckered in that.

Permanent Noob

At least he's honest

STOLEN Mongoose XR75 - $100 (Red River/Medical)
    Date: 2010-11-15, 3:21PM CST
    Reply to: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Errors when replying to ads?]

Let's see this catch on at CL. Stolen bike reports!

My crappy bike that I paid $100 for from a thrift store was stolen Saturday. I don't have the S/N and that's the last time I make that mistake. But, if anyone buys a red/black mongoose XR75 26" with handle bars that slip and gears that don't shift well and iffy brakes and shocks that squeak, it's likely the one that was stolen. The frame is heavily scratched and the ends of the handle grips are coming loose. Other than that, no distinctive features.

It was locked up at the Red River apartments on 33rd and Red River. I'm sad the bike is gone because I can't get around as easily but I feel slightly better knowing that someone stole a really shitty bike.

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2062049667
    I'm beginning to overcome my "momentum issues" but even that is happening slowly.

~Disc~Golf~
    ^^^ I LOL'd (and I don't use that acronym lightly)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    *RARE** John Deer MTB/ROAD bike - $7500 (The hills)
    Date: 2010-12-09, 9:28AM PST
    Reply to: see below

GREAT XMAS GIFT! This is a perfect all purpose bike with a custom paint job n custom climbing bar ends.
    Great road racing bike: will surely keep others from passing you. Others will more-than-likely get out of the way when you're behind them (add a horn for a quicker response).
    Great mountain bike: blend in with the creatures of the forrest (must use extra wide trails).
    Great commuter/courier bike: need to get somewhere fast? Take to the sidewalk and part the crowds like Moses!

Bike needs a tune-up. A small patch of rust has formed over the ENTIRE bike. Seat is brand new (from a thrift shop). Push lawn mower not included, plywood on side of house is included (was going to use it to build a coffin for the bike).

Caution: top tube is broke in half, so standing over it is not advisable. Also, custom climbing bars may be cause pain to others on crowded walkways.

NO LOW BALLERS!!! I'M NOT IN A RUSH TO SELL THIS BIKE. HAVE SEEN A SIMILAR BIKE ON EBAY SELL FOR $12,500.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Name:  temp.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  6.0 KB

PostingID: 2103784853

Semi-Hairless Sasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by jtyler05si
    I love this. Thank you for finding it.
    LMAO, that's frickin' awesome.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapped Hole
    *RARE** John Deer MTB/ROAD bike - $7500 (The hills)
    Date: 2010-12-09, 9:28AM PST
    Reply to: see below

GREAT XMAS GIFT! This is a perfect all purpose bike with a custom paint job n custom climbing bar ends.
    Great road racing bike: will surely keep others from passing you. Others will more-than-likely get out of the way when you're behind them (add a horn for a quicker response).
    Great mountain bike: blend in with the creatures of the forrest (must use extra wide trails).
    Great commuter/courier bike: need to get somewhere fast? Take to the sidewalk and part the crowds like Moses!

Bike needs a tune-up. A small patch of rust has formed over the ENTIRE bike. Seat is brand new (from a thrift shop). Push lawn mower not included, plywood on side of house is included (was going to use it to build a coffin for the bike).

Caution: top tube is broke in half, so standing over it is not advisable. Also, custom climbing bars may be cause pain to others on crowded walkways.

NO LOW BALLERS!!! I'M NOT IN A RUSH TO SELL THIS BIKE. HAVE SEEN A SIMILAR BIKE ON EBAY SELL FOR $12,500.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Name:  temp.jpg
Views: 1459
Size:  6.0 KB

PostingID: 2103784853
    That would get you killed around here during deer season.
    2011 Niner EMD
    Wounds Heal, Chicks dig scars, Glory lasts FOREVER!

Permanent Noob

Plus $20.00 in gas - I'm on my way!!!

Tubless presta valve - $5 (78704)
    Date: 2010-12-01, 9:33PM CST
    Reply to: sale-z3mxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a presta valve for a UST Tubless rim. It has some leftover stans residue on it but works.

PostingID: 2090393281

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    sheeeet. that would get you killed anytime around here.

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    NOT ON C-LIST, ON MTBR!!!!!! LOOOOL

http://classifieds.mtbr.com/showprod...?product=58492
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveByBikeShooting

why did I just spend 4k on a new mtb

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveByBikeShooting

your local LBS....

Permanent Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by the_owl
    your local LBS....
    That means the one closest to you - right???

BMW 2002, Dodge A100, etc

Hipster Sighting

Manly Bike for Sale
    Date: 2008-07-22, 10:18AM PDT

Bike for sale

What kind of bike? I don't know, I'm not a bike scientist. What I am though is a manly guy looking to sell his bike. This bike is made out of metal and kick ass spokes. The back reflector was taken off, but if you think that deters me from riding at night, you're way wrong. I practiced ninja training in Japan's mount Fuji for 5 years and the first rule they teach about ninja biking is that back reflectors let the enemy know where you are. Not having a rear reflector is like saying "**** YOU CAR, JUST TRY AND FIND ME".

The bike says Giant on the side because it's referring to my junk, but rest assured even if you have tiny junk that Giant advertisement is going to remain right where it is. I bought this bike for 300 dollars from a retired mercenary that fought in both World War 1 and World War 2 and had his right arm bitten off by a shark in the Phillipines while stationed there as a shark handler. When he sold it to me I had to arm wrestle him for the honor to buy it. I broke his arm in 7 places when I did. He was so impressed with me he offered me to be his son but I thought that was sissy **** so I said no way.

The bike has some rusted screws, but that just shows how much of a bad ass you are. Everyone knows rusted screws on a bike means that you probably drove it underwater and that's bad ass in itself. Those screws can be replaced with shiny new ones, but if you're going to go to that trouble why not just punch yourself in the balls since you're probably a dickless lizard who doesn't like to look intimidating.

The bike is for men because the seat is flat or some **** and not shaped like a dildo. If you like flat seated bikes you're going to love this thing because it doesn't try to penetrate your ass or anything.

I've topped out at 75 miles per hour on this uphill but if you're just a regular man you'll probably top it out at 10 miles per hour. This thing is listed as a street bike which is man-code for bike tank. The bike has 7 speeds in total:

Gear 1 - Sissy Gear
    Gear 2 - Less Sissy Gear
    Gear 3 - Least Sissy Gear
    Gear 4 - Boy Gear
    Gear 5 - Pre-teen Boy Gear
    Gear 6 - Manly Gear
    Gear 7 - Big Muscles Gear

I only like gear 6 and 7 to be honest.

Additionally, this tool of all immense men comes with a gigantic lock to keep it secure. The lock is the size of a bull's testicles and tells people you don't **** around with locking up your bike tank. It tells would-be-thieves "Hey *******, touch this bike and I'll appear from the bushes ready to club you with a two-by-four".

Bike is for 150 OBO (and don't give me no panzy prices)

mtbr member
    Wasn't from Craigslist but I felt it would have a home here...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    This one speaks for itself!

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/2145209924.html

2007 Gary Fisher Bike. Paragon Genesis Geometry - Highly Customized - $1800 (Roseville, CA)
    Date: 2011-01-05, 11:12AM PST

2007 Gary Fisher Bike. Paragon Genesis Geometry - Highly Customized - SPAM Racing . Fresh Service. BOA Head, Profile Design. Zonic Handle Bars. Profile Design Grips. King Bearings. Rock Shock Suspension. Rolf Touring Wheels. Urraco Disc Brakes. Shimano, De Ore XT Shifters and Derailers. CatEYE Cordelss 2 Computer. Mirrycle Mirror. Rock-Shock Post w/Serfas Saddle. Bag Rack. Topeak Mini-Blaster Tire Pump. Double Bottle Holders. Bontrager Crank. Shimano Pedals. Extra Wheels and Tires - Race Disk Trail w/Disk Brakes.

Compare at somewhat similar bikes (This one is loaded with more features than we can find elsewhere) for well in excess of the $1,800 sale price here.

This is a Licensed Private Investigation Company. Any games or scams, either by telephone, or in person, will be met with vigorous and unpleasant offensive measures. We're nice guys and easy to deal with otherwise!

Call [a$$hat] during reasonable hours at 916-[RIP-OFFF] Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I like skinny jeans. Sometimes I wear them to the mall to get an Orange Julius." -Chim Chim

mtbr member

I might get this one....

http://glensfalls.craigslist.org/bik/2081846583.html

21 Speed Mongoose Flow, full suspension women's trail bike. This bike is in great shape and is dying for the right person to own her. Shimano gears and brakes this bike has a total of 2 hours on it. This is a perfect gift idea for someone who loves to be outdoors and wants to be taken seriously when riding!!! Original list price $300, moving however so everything must go!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Trek Bike - $800
    <hr>
    Date: 2011-01-26, 8:12PM MST
    <hr>
    Hi,
    Poor college student who has no use for his racing bike anymore
    its a vintage 1982 trek bike with amazing parts on it
    It's in perfect condition and ready to be ridden
    It's a 53cm all steel frame
    Email me for pics and more information
    thanks

mtbr member
    There is a bike in my area that is a tandem that seats 8! Custom bike that they are asking $3000 for. The main frame is like a table that has leafs in it, where it can be changed from 3 to 4 riders (just add a section in the middle). Then there is a baby seat built in on the back, and to top that off there is a "trail a bike" add-on to the rear that seats 3. And from memory each person (except the baby) has their own cranks and handlebars. They have a 16ft (I think) enclosed trailer that they use to haul it to the bike trail. haha WTF?! I tried to find it and couldn't, will post pics if I can.

mtbr member
    Umm ok, I'll take it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here-untitled.jpg  

mtbr member
    I think I'll pass on the whole bike for $45 (what a great deal by the way) and I'd just like to buy the frame/fork ($30) and the cables/levers ($15)

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I just want the gooseneck...

mtbr member
    In my local Craigslist, some idiot kid selling a bmx frame (what a suprise!) stated that when he repainted the frame (don't worry it is a good paintjob haha rattlecan) he also got a new headset for the frame. But he bought the wrong headset which didn't fit. So his friend's dad smashed it into the frame with a hammer and now it won't come out. But he assures everyone that it will work perfectly. If I can find this post I will show it here. I just thought that was hilarious.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Specialized StumpJumper For Sale - $550 (Carlsbad, Ca)

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bik/2260916278.html

My loss is your gain! I'm moving overseas and can't take my bike with me. I originally bought this 1992 StumpJumper Mountain Bike for $1800 brand new and because of circumstances, it's been in storage for 15 years.

It's in near perfect condition and definitely a must see!

I'm willing to let go of the bike for $550.

mtbr member
    http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/bik/2260876890.html

selling 2 trek bikes (Cincinnati )

Date: 2011-03-11, 11:08PM EST
    Reply to: sale-5bkjx-2260876890@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Selling 2 bikes great condition best offer, i need money quick. Please call me at (330) 280-3694 for any questions or offers.

Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast