• 09-20-2016
    jestep
    Can anyone explain this 500mm Thompson seatpost and the cruiser seat?

    Santa Cruz V10 Full Carbon Professionally Clear Coated | eBay
  • 09-20-2016
    dbhammercycle
    Aftermarket clearcoat for the undercarriage, what more do you want?

    I honestly can't believe someone bid on it, no reserve and it's 1200?
  • 09-20-2016
    chazpat
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jestep View Post
    Can anyone explain this 500mm Thompson seatpost and the cruiser seat?

    Santa Cruz V10 Full Carbon Professionally Clear Coated | eBay

    "it also comes with a off road set of tires"

    He's been using it as a commuter?

    Sounds like he may be more of a poser (can we still say that?) than a downhiller.

    chaz
  • 09-20-2016
    jestep
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by chazpat View Post
    "it also comes with a off road set of tires"

    He's been using it as a commuter?

    Sounds like he may be more of a poser (can we still say that?) than a downhiller.

    chaz

    But for $1200, it's beyond a steal. He should have just removed the post entirely, and he'd probably get $4000 - $5000 for it. I still can't even fathom seeing someone ride this with a post like that. Are they like 7'6" or something? Everybody needs a 205mm travel FS bike with a 64 degree head tube angle to commute on. Downhill both ways...?

    I think the fact they put a stiffer spring to help going up hill really tells it all...
  • 09-20-2016
    SuperStang
    That thing looks like it'd be a wheelie machine!
  • 09-27-2016
    abelfonseca
    2 Attachment(s)
    This was on a local facebook used sales page recently.

    Attachment 1096528Attachment 1096527

    Cheers
  • 09-27-2016
    dbhammercycle
    Watch out sweet jumps, this bike's a destroyer!
  • 09-27-2016
    *OneSpeed*
    the orange paint makes the shocks legit. now all he needs is a 36er front wheel to level that thing back out. ok, maybe more like a 44er.
  • 09-27-2016
    cjsb
    pass it on to 65Bug, he might reconsider his ancient razorback build.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • 09-27-2016
    phattruth
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by abelfonseca View Post
    This was on a local facebook used sales page recently.

    Attachment 1096528Attachment 1096527

    Cheers

    That's got to be a circle track bike with that slick back tire! You're never gonna find another one of those.
  • 09-28-2016
    jcd46
    OK so the bike is not a "WTF"... BUT the reason for not having a front break is pretty damn funny.

    Avalanche 3.0 GT Mountain Bike

    Don't get confused out there guys!
  • 09-28-2016
    Oh My Sack!
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    OK so the bike is not a "WTF"... BUT the reason for not having a front break is pretty damn funny.

    Avalanche 3.0 GT Mountain Bike

    Don't get confused out there guys!

    Just WOW! :skep:

    And that kickstand!....I so need one for my carbon SJ Evo!
  • 09-28-2016
    fatcat
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Finch Platte View Post

    LOL Today people laugh at this 1999 attempt by Trek to go forward with
    full suspensionland, but when some of these fine folks post their 1998,99 hardtails
    with outdated forks, components and v brakes and ask, "Is this bike any good or worth updating?" I roll my eyes as well :) No its not, its from a past decade, if it were a Corvette, Porsche, Ferrari or exotic, YES, but its a 97 Rockhopper, just as sought after as a 97 Nissan Altima.
    ...wonder how many times that seat post hit that shock
  • 09-29-2016
    thegweed
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    OK so the bike is not a "WTF"... BUT the reason for not having a front break is pretty damn funny.

    Avalanche 3.0 GT Mountain Bike

    Don't get confused out there guys!

    "It doesn't have front brakes....but it does come with back breaks"
  • 09-29-2016
    Forster
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    OK so the bike is not a "WTF"... BUT the reason for not having a front break is pretty damn funny.

    Avalanche 3.0 GT Mountain Bike

    Don't get confused out there guys!

    I feel like I'm joining the herd mentality, but I can't resist this gem. "More dangerous than getting confused about which brake you're using? Grabbing a handful of nothing when you need the other 70% of your bikes braking (breaking) ability." On the plus side, if you have less "braking" you'll probably get more "breaking" so it all evens out.
  • 09-29-2016
    jcd46
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    I feel like I'm joining the herd mentality, but I can't resist this gem. "More dangerous than getting confused about which brake you're using? Grabbing a handful of nothing when you need the other 70% of your bikes braking (breaking) ability." On the plus side, if you have less "braking" you'll probably get more "breaking" so it all evens out.

    I almost didn't post this but the more I read it, the harder I laughed.