Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

949K views 4K replies 771 participants last post by  skankingbiker 
#1 ·
*better to download the image and content , and re-up in case the link goes bad*

here's one...
a trike for $900!...
"This is a trail mate E-Z Roll regal (peddle). Rarely been used. Please leave a message at (530)247-XXXX "

Attachments

See less See more
#14 ·
check this BS out...

http://richmond.craigslist.org/bik/1585631913.html

she says she paid 900 for it but the msrp is less than 200... and she keeps on reposting and reposting and reposting...

"I got an Iron Horse Maverick 1.5 brand new in August 2008, it was sold to me for $900. Because of it's age I knocked down the price, but I rode it probably twice and since then it has just been sitting in my living room. It is a chrome blue and very nice, still in new condition. This is an all terrain bike, advertised as a mountain bike but great for beginners and everyday use. The tires are in great condition, the kick stand is on, and I can sell it with a really nice lock and a rack for the car. I'm trying not to go too low in price since it is such a nice bike. Please email me asap before I take it to a store, where I'm sure they'll under pay me and over charge you! Thanks! "

#331 ·
*RARE** John Deer MTB/ROAD bike - $7500 (The hills)
Date: 2010-12-09, 9:28AM PST
Reply to: see below

GREAT XMAS GIFT! This is a perfect all purpose bike with a custom paint job n custom climbing bar ends.
Great road racing bike: will surely keep others from passing you. Others will more-than-likely get out of the way when you're behind them (add a horn for a quicker response).
Great mountain bike: blend in with the creatures of the forrest (must use extra wide trails).
Great commuter/courier bike: need to get somewhere fast? Take to the sidewalk and part the crowds like Moses!

Bike needs a tune-up. A small patch of rust has formed over the ENTIRE bike. Seat is brand new (from a thrift shop). Push lawn mower not included, plywood on side of house is included (was going to use it to build a coffin for the bike).

Caution: top tube is broke in half, so standing over it is not advisable. Also, custom climbing bars may be cause pain to others on crowded walkways.

NO LOW BALLERS!!! I'M NOT IN A RUSH TO SELL THIS BIKE. HAVE SEEN A SIMILAR BIKE ON EBAY SELL FOR $12,500.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Wood Grass Property Wall Bicycle frame

PostingID: 2103784853

#580 ·
http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/van/bik/2511739583.html As far as i can tell this is an epic deal on an early released 2012 epic...

Specialized EPIC disc full suspension - $450 (vancouver)
Date: 2011-07-25, 2:37AM PDT
Reply to: sale-gynwg-2511739583@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Everything you thought you knew about bicycle suspension. Because unlike every other suspension design in cycling history, our new Epic knows what terrain you're riding on. And responds appropriately. The secret's in The Brain.
On smooth ground, Brain technology keeps your Epic hardtail-firm. And hardtail-efficient. But when the going gets bumpy, Brain knows that too. And instantly delivers the fully active/fully independent benefits of FSR suspension.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image=Specialized Logo

PostingID: 2511739583

* Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc.
* terms of use
* privacy policy
* feedback forum

#657 ·
Tips for pro CL bike sellers:

1) Find old bike in garage, dumpster, or friend's attic
2) Create CL ad with out of focus cell phone pic.
3) Make sure Vintage and Fixie are in the title.
4) If you paid $X for the bike, your list price should be $X times 80%. Let all potential buys know how much a deal you are giving them.
5) Wait for people to email/call
6) Keep waiting. You are winning.
7) Re-post ad after 3 days.
8) Repeat steps 5-7 for six months.
9) Throw bike back in garage. It's pretty obvious the economy is in the crapper and no one wants to pay what the bike is worth.

#681 ·
Human Kidney for sale GOOD CONDITION! - $10000 (Fort Worth)

Date: 2011-10-18, 10:11AM CDT
Reply to: sale-7zncd-2655928943@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

I have a kidney for sale. It's mine and in great condition. I'm selling it cheap because I need quick money to buy a llama. Thankyou.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 2655928943

Copyright © 2011 craigslist, inc. terms of use privacy policy feedback forum

#750 · (Edited)
$ 1 500

For a lightly demoed Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon... Full XT, Talas and RP23, Formula brakes, Easton Haven components... Seeler looks like a lbs... Should I investigate further ?

Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon Demo Custom Bike Medium

Santa Cruz Blur LT Carbon Demo Custom Bike Medium - $1500 (Montreal)

Date : 2011-12-09, 6:24AM EST

This is for an almost new Santa Cruz Blur LT C Medium with a Custom Easton Haven Shimano XT, Formula R1 Build kit, Fox Talas and Float RP23 Suspension.

Excellent condition, used as a demo for a couple rides.

Take our beloved Blur LT. Now, make the frame a pound lighter, several orders of magnitude stronger and stiffer, make it out of carbon fiber. Make the whole frame out of the stuff, and use a proprietary one piece molding process that ensures maximum strength and minimal weight. The result? The strongest bike we have ever built, bar none. It's a nimble, fast climbing, flex-free, confidence inspiring, trail bombing demon of a bike. Build it up however you want - there are no weight restrictions or fork travel limits to worry about - then ride it hard as you dare.

FORK: Fox Talas 36 RLC FIT TAPERED 150mm
SHOCK: Fox Float RP23
REAR DER: Shimano M780 SGS (XT) 10spd
FRONT DER: Shimano M780 or M781 (XT) 10spd
SHIFTERS: Shimano M780 (XT) 10spd
CRANKSET: Shimano M780 24/32/42 (XT) 10spd 175mm
BOTTOM BRACKET: Included w/ crankset
CASSETTE: Shimano M771, 11-34 (XT) 10spd
CHAIN: Shimano HG 74 10spd
BRAKES: Formula R1 Brake set 160mm rotors front and rear
BARS: Easton Haven 711mm
STEM: Easton Haven 90mm
GRIPS: Lizard Skin
HEADSET: Chris King
SEAT POST: Easton Haven
SADDLE: WTB Silverado, Nicro Tubular rails
WHEELS: Easton Haven Wheelset
TIRES: Continental Tubeless Mountain King 2.2

Attachments

Reactions: NicoleB
#830 ·
Make it stop

Worth $3000?? :skep: Yeah, maybe if it comes with $2900 cash rolled up in the seat tube.

And is it $700 or $600 for this racing machine? Guess he doesn't want much of a pre-'72 hotrod if this is the trade.

Attachments

Reactions: edley
#835 ·
Worth $3000?? :skep: Yeah, maybe if it comes with $2900 cash rolled up in the seat tube.

^Excellent!

The first year of this Schwinn URT was my first full suspension bike, and that damn URT was as wild as a bronking buck. Launched me over the front and broke a rib. Ah, the early days of full suspension. I still have the frame hanging on the wall of shame.

#1,135 ·
WTF do I even bother reading Craigslist!?

It's my own fault. But I will vent, and post here and make it all better.. In the words of the 40 year old virgin.. "How many cracks have you smoken!?"

"the rust omes off easy" Oh Hell nah.. I think homey shoudl tell the truth and admit he ran it over with the lawn mower.. Sadly, that person was probably mowing the same lawn he was mowing in '89 to pay for the bike-

I'd like to imgine the logic in this persons posting..

- I need money
- I bought this bike for $500 in 1989, it's GOT to be worth $$$
-sh*t! Its a GT..

GT has and always will stand for "Garbage Truck.." Fitting, because that's where it's going-