Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

949K views 4K replies 771 participants last post by  skankingbiker 
#1 ·
*better to download the image and content , and re-up in case the link goes bad*

here's one...
a trike for $900!...
"This is a trail mate E-Z Roll regal (peddle). Rarely been used. Please leave a message at (530)247-XXXX "

Attachments

See less See more
#254 ·
wtf

found this on another thread...

GAY BIKER

ok, so after buying my 951 and riding it only 5 times, I am selling it.
nothing wrong with it at all, but i like my Giant Reign X0 better.
I also plan on going pro and racing my Giant Reign XO in the upcoming Downhill World Cup...I have a feeling I will beat Sam Hill on that stupid Demo he rides.

so since I still have my Giant Reign and dont want another bike (plus I'm pretty rich and dont need the money), I am willing to cut someone a great deal.
I will trade you my 951 fully built up as seen in the picture, for a date with your freind, brother, dad, whatever.
I am a 27 year old homosexual male ......so in other words I'm gay.
It's funny too cause when I first bought my bike and was talking to the sales rep at BW, he said the Gant Reign is the best bike for 'us' people since it was specifically designed with the sensitive needs in mind that homosexuals face when riding bikes. Only gay riders will rant and rave about their Giant Reign bike..everyone else doesnt really care much.

so anyway, back to the add.
the bike is all yours, if you get me date. I am kinda of shy and could use all the help in getting a date. Hell, i'll even go on a dinner date with YOU if you want the bike....
but here's the only condition to the trade.......... my 'date' has to wear a dress when we go out....(i'm into that kinda thing).

my 951 is built up as following;

2009 Boxxer World Cup forks
Mavic Deemax wheels
Fox DHX RC4 rear shock
Thomson seatpost
Sunline directmount stem
Sunline V1 bars
Avid Code brakes
SRAM X0 shifter and rear derailleur
Chromag seat

WILL NOT SELL, ONLY TRADE FOR A DATE.

#255 ·
DriveByBikeShooting said:
found this on another thread...

GAY BIKER

ok, so after buying my 951 and riding it only 5 times, I am selling it.
nothing wrong with it at all, but i like my Giant Reign X0 better.
I also plan on going pro and racing my Giant Reign XO in the upcoming Downhill World Cup...I have a feeling I will beat Sam Hill on that stupid Demo he rides.

so since I still have my Giant Reign and dont want another bike (plus I'm pretty rich and dont need the money), I am willing to cut someone a great deal.
I will trade you my 951 fully built up as seen in the picture, for a date with your freind, brother, dad, whatever.
I am a 27 year old homosexual male ......so in other words I'm gay.
It's funny too cause when I first bought my bike and was talking to the sales rep at BW, he said the Gant Reign is the best bike for 'us' people since it was specifically designed with the sensitive needs in mind that homosexuals face when riding bikes. Only gay riders will rant and rave about their Giant Reign bike..everyone else doesnt really care much.

so anyway, back to the add.
the bike is all yours, if you get me date. I am kinda of shy and could use all the help in getting a date. Hell, i'll even go on a dinner date with YOU if you want the bike....
but here's the only condition to the trade.......... my 'date' has to wear a dress when we go out....(i'm into that kinda thing).

my 951 is built up as following;

2009 Boxxer World Cup forks
Mavic Deemax wheels
Fox DHX RC4 rear shock
Thomson seatpost
Sunline directmount stem
Sunline V1 bars
Avid Code brakes
SRAM X0 shifter and rear derailleur
Chromag seat

WILL NOT SELL, ONLY TRADE FOR A DATE.
If it's just wearing a dress on the date, and if he is buying dinner, and I get that bike... I might just consider it. :D

#257 ·
ricthedick said:
It has a slightly bent frame right between the pedals that can be fixed but my buddy that was going to do it lost his job and I don't have the cash to pay for it.

I've already checked and the linkage pieces can be ordered (I have the order sheet) so all you need is an aluminum guy to fix the bend.

Slightly bent, you say??? Just slightly? :rolleyes:

I'd say part it out, but who the hell wants a bunch of low grade or no name components?

If your friend paid $3K for that... I can only hope that he bought it a long time ago.

#259 ·
Really dude? All you want is $200

email this posting to a friend dallas craigslist > north DFW > for sale / wanted > bicycles
please flag with care:

70's Yamaha moto project - $200 (Aubrey)
Date: 2010-06-10, 8:29AM CDT
Reply to: sale-exvsq-1784624516@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

looks to be most of it there, has been rewelded at the downtube at some point but should clean up fine with no problem for a full resto.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: 1784624516

* Copyright © 2010 craigslist, inc.
* terms of use
* privacy policy
* feedback forum

#265 ·
here is a great one 600 bucks

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/bik/1780866103.html

"I am a mountain man. You are probably not a mountain man, but, you wish you were. This bike is your ticket to two things: 1- Mountains and 2- Being a man.

I ride this bike everyday. Not for fun or sport like the spandex boys, but to hunt and kill food. I know for a fact that this bike will jump over canyons, climb trees, kill bears, and forge rivers. The bike has ridden every part of the Wasatch from top to bottom. This bike won't break. It's half carbon fiber and half bad-ass. Some guy told me this bike is a piece of history. I thought it was new this year, but I also thought it was still 1998. Apparently it is 2010 and time flies when you live in a cave.

The bike says K2 pro-flex 4000 on the side of it. I don't know what that means. It probably means it can kill an elephant. The bike is red, so the blood won't show on it. The tires are knobby so you can pedal straight up a cliff. It has shocks on the front and the back for when you jump off the cliff. The stuff on it all says "Shimano XT". I'm pretty sure that is because it was cursed once by an indian medicine man named Shimano. The guy was a jack-ass. He tried to steal some of my stuff so I bit off his left ear.

The bike has a chain that I use to kill rattle snakes sometimes. It also has a seat. I don't use it, but you probably will for the first few years until you build up the muscle. I also installed a shotgun holder on the bike that conveniently fits a water bottle.

If you have questions about the bike, don't bother calling me. If you don't understand how tough the bike is, I probably won't be able to help you.

If you want to buy the bike, then I will take american cash. I need to send some money to a very important man who emailed me from nigeria so I need the cash quick.

My name is Dirty Jack. This is my website http://www.garagetopia.com/ "

#268 ·
Locutus said:
How about an eBay WTF?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cannondale-Jekyll-1000-Lefty-FULLY-LOADED-READY-RARE-/200480665187?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Mountain_Bikes&hash=item2ead942e63

First of all the Bars are on backwards.

Its an 03 Jekyll. I bought that exact bike new in Oct 02. I payed $2699.00 new. Hes got $6500 invested, my ass. LOL I love how he describes components as XTR when the pic shows LX. Also how this frame is $2300. Please, they go for no more than $500, when you can find them.

Oh, and is custom built. The only difference between the one i bought and this one are red grips and bar ends. Everything else is stock from the factory.
Also i could build that bike with the same components new for about $1500

LMAO
crap, it says somebody paid 1500 for it!!! :eekster:

#270 ·
That's too low a price for a techtanium bike. Must be a scam.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bik/1791801025.html

Raighle techtanium road bike - $40 ( N. highlands)

Date: 2010-06-14, 1:09PM PDT
Reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Raighle road bike. I wanted to make a fixxie out of it but I must sell it.
it has only front brake and only one front sprocket ( I have other one)
rides great. only 40.00 bucks.

Attachments