Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Post your CraigsList WTF's!?! here

949K views 4K replies 771 participants last post by  skankingbiker 
#1 ·
*better to download the image and content , and re-up in case the link goes bad*

here's one...
a trike for $900!...
"This is a trail mate E-Z Roll regal (peddle). Rarely been used. Please leave a message at (530)247-XXXX "

Attachments

See less See more
#1,288 ·
Instead of a WTF... I think I did a good deed through craigslist last night.

A few weeks ago, I saw a bike by our dumpster. It was not inside, but was leaned on it. So, I'm sure the intent was to throw it away. I took a look at it and it seems it was working well except for a busted brake cable. I thought it would be a waste for this bike to end up in a landfill. I took it and cleaned it up. The paint was still good! It was just a department store POS bike but I still thought it would be a waste to just throw it away. I thought of fixing it and use it for pulling our baby carrier when the family wants to go out biking together. But I realized that I just did not have the time to fix it so I decided to post it on craigslist yesterday for FREE. In the evening, somebody emailed me that he was interested. He said he will be coming from the next town which is about 10 miles away. Later on, he came and I noticed that he looked tired and was really sweating. I noticed that he didn't have a car. He said he walked all the way from his place (10 miles away) with a girl who was on a bike. He looked happy to see the bike. He asked, "So that's it?" I replied, "Yeah! It's all yours!" He thanked me, shook my hand and went off. He was going back home on the bike this time. I guess he really needed the bike perhaps for going to work and elsewhere. I also gave him my extra resin Wellgo pedals. I felt like I did a good deed that day...

#3,951 ·
#3,956 ·
#3,948 ·
Our local CL is a dead zone, but once in a while an ad makes my morning coffee browsing worth the click.

Brand new!
Oh, used once. Guess it's the same...
Bonus: was hit by a car.

#1,569 ·
*Knocking head on wall*

White custom womans frame

White custom womans frame - $125 (NDG)

Date : 2012-11-14, 7:44PM EST

Hi i make custom bike frame with old ones to repair or recycle them and give them new style.

If i remember correctly will accept 24" rims and tires.

$125

Attachments

#3,827 ·
Another smoker of something......

Guy is pretty high on himself....or perhaps just full of himself.

He originally started it at $10k

Bicycle Wheel Tire Bicycle wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Font Document Number Parallel

#3,839 · (Edited)
Another smoker of something......

Guy is pretty high on himself....or perhaps just full of himself.

He originally started it at $10k

View attachment 1962532

View attachment 1962533
I'm only halfway through as such, reading this amazing masterpiece works of art such that it is highly recommended.

#3,955 ·
I had an unusual Craigslist experience in a positive way. I posted my old Fisher for sale and included a picture of the sticker from the Marin County bike shop where it was purchased in 1989. A guy wrote to me saying he was from that area and bough his first mountain bike from that same shop a few years earlier. He wasn't in the market for a new old bike, but it was neat to hear from him nonetheless.

#1,070 ·
I love this one. It says is was just serviced with a full tune up. I wonder if that included turning the fork backwards.

Trek Fuel 70 Mountain Bike 17.5 Full Suspension - $600 (Silver Spring, MD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2012-04-23, 1:37PM EDT
Reply to: 5hq4s-2965630279@sale.craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a 17.5 (medium) size Trek Full Suspension mountain bike. The bike is a 2005 Trek Fuel 70. Here is a list of the components:

17.5 Alpha SL Aluminum Frame
24 Speed Shimano Crankset and Cassette
Manitou Axel Comp 100mm Fork
RockShox BAR 80mm Rear Shock
Shimano Shifters
Shimano Alivio Front Derailleur
Shimano Deore Rear Derailleur
Hayes Disc Brakes

You can tell from the pictures how good the condition of the bike is. Bike was just serviced with a full tune-up.
Please email me if you have any more questions or if you would like to take it for a test ride.