mikeb

is it possible to change your user name?

i can't figure out how for the life of me...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Don't think you can...

You would have to create another personality, and abandon the one you have...

Not sure on the rules for this.

mikeb
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffscott
    Don't think you can...

You would have to create another personality, and abandon the one you have...

Not sure on the rules for this.
    i don't think MTBR allows alts.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    a admin type could do it. but is unlikely. i know many of us when the old forums migrated to the new forums kept our old names but our post counts started again at zero to our chagrin. some of the in clique came on over with their post counts in tact.

ridemonkey actually changed my handle and allowed me to keep my post count--it takes a good explanation and admins loathe to do it--too many might want to I suppose and it would wreak continuity havoc.

i just cant get into ride monkey that much.

It seems ride mokey is too general topiced/juvenile, bikeforum is too elementary, and mtbr not general enough.

still MTBR the best of the bunch.....well amtb bunch because actually road bike review has the ultimate mix of forum sections

"Its All Good"
    Best bet mikeb is to send a pm to Francios or Gregg and ask them if you can do this. I know a few have done this, but I think it has been for good reason, not that I know what a good reason..... Perhaps if it was EllsworthLover and you now ride a 30 pound RFX you may need to change it to TurnerLover.................

Nah, in all seriousness, pm Francois or Gregg
    The_Lecht_Rocks: whafe - cheeers - may i offer an official apology for the wagon wheeler "dis-belief"

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Whafe
    Best bet mikeb is to send a pm to Francios or Gregg and ask them if you can do this. I know a few have done this, but I think it has been for good reason, not that I know what a good reason..... Perhaps if it was EllsworthLover and you now ride a 30 pound RFX you may need to change it to TurnerLover.................

Nah, in all seriousness, pm Francois or Gregg
    I have done it for members that had a certain reputation and wanted to get away from it...But you do lose your post count and all of your old posts still show up under your old name

Ride Instigator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeb
    i can't figure out how for the life of me...
    Hmmm, I s'pose if you re-registered under a different email address?

mikeb
    thanks, all. i'll stick with the one i have right now. the reason is that i tend to use the same user name at two other sites.

Captain Underpants
    I'd like to change my name to FoShizzle, please.

Members who have read this thread: 2