mtbr member

Phone pouch for shoulder strap (or something similar)

Just looking for a pouch that can be attached to the shoulder strap of a camelbak for example. I'm not going to necessarily carry my phone in it (if it bounces around to much) but i wouldn't mind using it to carry certain other things like keys/money.

Bit hard to search for, not sure what key words to use for effective hits... typing phone pouch in eBay gives me an endless list of iPhone pouches. Here's an example of what i'm talking about (which looks like this when attached). Any recommendations? A pouch with a zip would be ideal.

mtbr member
    I'm going to assume that you've gone through the logic of just putting your keys and money in one of the pockets of your camelbak, which is what everyone I know or ever heard of does.

But if you need something to carry on the strap of your hydration pack, why not just get a small camera bag? Something like:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Lowepro+...&skuId=7184619

good luck

mtbr member
    Thanks. Camera bag could also work, as long as it can strap on to the shoulder strap of my back pack.

Yes i currently put my small belongings in the pockets of my camelbak, but it be more accessible if it were in a pouch in my front, so i don't have to take off my camelbak.

mtbr member
    I have a cell phone pouch that was made by Camelback. I bought it at a rock climbing / kayak shop a few years back. It was on the rack with the Camelback accessorys like the cleaning kits and stuff.

I have never carried my phone in it, but I have used it to carry a small point and shoot digital camera. I always put my phone in the I-Pod pocket and have found that to work very well.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I just use a camera bag and use zip-ties to attach it to my shoulder strap. $5 bag at walmart does the trick.
    =========================================
    Minnesota Off Road Cyclists www.morcmtb.org

mtbr member
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

Ride Responsibly
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    I have a cell phone pouch that was made by Camelback. I bought it at a rock climbing / kayak shop a few years back. It was on the rack with the Camelback accessorys like the cleaning kits and stuff.
    + 1

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Wingnut has your stuff. Still proudly made in the US of A too

Several flavors to choose from, but this is the one I use, check 'em out....

http://www.wingnutgear.com/product_d...product_id=159
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

local trails rider
    My phone fits perfectly in a small camera pouch. I keep it on pack strap or on the belt (if using a belt). The one that I have benefits from added stabilization with a piece of elastic band.

mtbr member
    I use an older version of the Timbuk2 thing posted above. Works great! The velcro attachment deal is wide enough to fit on a variety of different width shoulder straps.
    Signature

mtbr member
    All kinds of pouches here. I use the anemone in the link below. it holds my ID, money, phone and keys well.

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/ANEMONE-7p170.htm

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    I always put my phone in the I-Pod pocket and have found that to work very well.
    that's what I do as well and I feel that it is very safe in there, but I guess not every pack has one of those

mtbr member
    Thanks for all your input! That Wingnut one looks pretty good. Know of any that open and close using a zip (instead of velcro)?

Sweat is just fat crying.
    Just got a Clip Case Sideways (http://www.niteize.com/collections/r...-case-sideways) from Nite-Ize at REI. It fits onto my C-bak strap nicely, and the camera comes out sideways- perfect for a one-handed camera grab.

Best thing I like about it is that it doesn't interfere with the buttons on the camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phone pouch for shoulder strap (or something similar)-p1000854.jpg  

Phone pouch for shoulder strap (or something similar)-p1000855.jpg  

Last edited by Finch Platte; 05-18-2010 at 12:50 PM.
    Mountain Biking Is Not A Crime stickers, free! (You pay postage. PM me for details.)

mtbr member
    Old thread, but another option:
    A cheap holster from Ebay I wrote about on my blog. It has a vertical sleeve that I was able to slide onto my CamelBak strap.
    Phone pouch for shoulder strap (or something similar)-phone_case.jpg