Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

People Who Ride Bikes Other Than Mountain Bikes are Strange

When doing some road riding on my way to the trails yesterday, I took a bike path that ended up having four different broken down people with bikes. I asked them all if they needed any help, and two out of four them just flat out ignored me. I slowed down, looked right at them, asked them twice, and nothing... Just a blank (seemingly chemically induced stare) and continued walking with their bike with a flat... People in Massachusetts are strange, with the exception of the mountain bikers as the ones I meet on the trails all seem normal...

mtbr member
    That's odd. I do a bike/camping trip into that states awesome state parks usually once, twice, sometimes thrice a year, and find the people to be super cool and helpful.

Sorry people, should I just think to myself Oh Boy, yet another attempt, and move along?
    Round and round we go

AZ
    banned
    All aboard the fail train.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    asked them twice, and nothing... Just a blank (seemingly chemically induced stare) and continued walking with their bike with a flat...
    Need you say any more?
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

banned
    [QUOTE=danhasdrums;9351701]two out of four them just flat out ignored me. QUOTE]

Sound strategy.

Is not amused
    Case in point, Ma$$hole's.

mtbr member
    No hablo ingles
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

see me rollin, they hatin
    i grew up in MA. if the bikers are anything like the drivers........
    fap

Dissolved member
    You sure those weren't "sex hikers"? Plenty of them in my neck of woods.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Sex hikers... Humm that's a new one to me... Did you mean scout masters... Lol

Ride Instigator
    Me and one of my MTB buds were out on the road bikes one day and there was a roadie all dooded up in a yellow and black team kit changing a flat on the side of the road. We stopped and asked if he needed any help and he said "why aren't you guys riding your mountain bikes today?" I asked how do you know we're mountain bikers and he said cuz you're wearing baggy shorts and helmets with visors. I looked at my bud and said...this fashion critique coming from a guy dressed like a big banana...and we rode off. Geez, you ask the doochbag if he needs help and he gives you crap. Next time I'll just ride by and ignore.
    Last edited by Ricko; 05-28-2012 at 07:24 PM.

aka greyranger

banana

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    Me and one of my MTB buds were out on the road bikes one day and there was a roadie all dooded up in a yellow and black team kit changing a flat on the side of the road. We stopped and asked if he needed any help and he said "why aren't you guys riding your mountain bikes today?" I asked how do you know we're mountain bikers and he said cuz you're wearing baggy shorts and helmets with visors. I looked at my bud and said...this fashion critique coming from a guy dressed like a big banana...and we rode off. Geez, you ask the ******bag if he needs help and he gives you crap. Next time I'll just ride by and ignore.
    I remember that, very funny. He was probably there for an hour trying to fix that tire.

Ride Instigator
    LOL, if that banana had half a brain he'd have known that it had rained the night before and THAT'S why we were on the road bikes...not because we like it or anything

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    sometimes people have headphones in.

i think people get embarrassed that they had a mechanical in the first place, feel more embarrassed that they don't have the right stuff to fix it, and then feel even more embarrassed when you offer to let them use your stuff, and they have no idea how to use it. so they scurry back to the car, hoping you don't see them, and then drop the bike at the lbs on the way home.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Move along....nothing to see here.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    I'm going with the chemically induced philosophy. It's my hypothesis that with the public healthcare system here that they just try to get everyone here on mind numbing drugs so that people walk around without any personality and oblivious to their own surroundings... It would explain the driving as well...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by theMeat View Post

Sorry people, should I just think to myself Oh Boy, yet another attempt, and move along?
    I don't follow...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I must say that as a mtber who has recently started doing some road riding for training, I often find myself saying hi to others out on the road. I guess it is unbuilt from being out on the trails. As mtbers I think we are a much tighter community and a he'll of a lot friendlier! Needless to say I do get a lot of blank expressions from the roadies...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I still wave to everyone who yields to me as a road biker. However observing other people it is as if they feel the entitlement and won't wave. Basically all this to say mtbers are infinitely more friendly, the surfers of the group versus the haughty wine tasters.

"2 Wycked"
    One time I killed a roadie for not returning a wave. True story.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post

With a frame pump?

"2 Wycked"
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ.MTNS View Post
    With a frame pump?
    Nope, a tire lever.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

Weird huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    LOL
    And don't do the burrito jump... Francois

Pale Rider
    Dude.

I was, like, riding around Mass yesterday, and like, on my cruiser and like, got a flat, and so I am like, "WTH" but like I really said it long version like "what the hell?", and I was sooooo tweaked on bath salts, and like this dude asked me if I needed help, but I was trippin' crazy and was kinda scared.

So like, I thought about eating his face off because his face looked like a Dorito taco, but I just, like left.

mtbr member
    To the OP:

That's because all the strange mountain bikers were enjoying the local trails here yesterday. Appears to have been some kind of oddball-behavior meet. Note to self: go out really early on holidays.

On further reflection, that was sort of self-indicting. Hm.
    Gunnar Rockhound - Hardtails in Reynolds 853 and True Temper OX Platinum are still a great idea.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast