My spelling is atroshus

oooh Java update available........

Why in god's name does Java require multiple updates every week or so? Jesus H. Budda on a flaming rocketship. They need to get their stuff right and stop hitting me with updates.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I feel ya

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    and adobe reader needs to update at least a coupla times a week it seems...ugh

My spelling is atroshus
    I am convinced that frequent updates are a tool of the establishment to bring us down.

mtbr member
    You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you don't have to deal with updates or you don't get fixes to security issues they find. See this article, and more specifically articles like this

Oh sorry, that wasn't the spirit of this thread. Boo Java, convert as much as possible to HTML5 and leave the plugins behind!

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    constant updates=good, constantly bothering me about it=not good! Give me an option to suppress the !@$%^%$# notifications and the world will be a better place.

My spelling is atroshus
    Quote Originally Posted by norton05
    constant updates=good, constantly bothering me about it=not good! Give me an option to suppress the !@$%^%$# notifications and the world will be a better place.
    Exactly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by norton05
    True, but some people get up in arms over the issue of invisible changes to what is installed on their computer. Google is doing this to some degree with Chrome, but even that didn't sit well with many in the tech crowd and took the weight of Google to help push it past that stage

mtbr member
    Seriously,how many click needed to perform the update? 2 clicks? Then you let it run in the background for a few seconds.

The only reason why this would bother someone is 1-That person have a very slow computer and internet connection

2-Its a lazy bum.

Seriously,when you are at that point to complain about a couple of updates,it is time to do something with your life.
    Life is short-Live it full throttle !!

mtbr member
    It's so that your chances of accidentally installing that tool bar will increase!
    "Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pop_martian
    It's so that your chances of accidentally installing that tool bar will increase!
    Not at all,you need to give permission to install the toolbar.
    Life is short-Live it full throttle !!

Hmmmmm
    This whole thing seems strange to me. You can set Java to check once a month or disable it completely if that's what you really want.
    If I remember right, you have to go into Computer and find the Java folder, then open as an Administrator. Then click the update tab and select the option to never check for updates.
    Adobe updates can be turned off as well. You have to go into "settings" while you're in a flash program, and online. Then it will take you to the settings site were you can change things.
    I think that's ridiculous though, you shouldn't have to go to Adobe's site to change simple settings.
    Speaking of ridiculous, Java doesn't respond to simply going into the control panel and selecting the option to not check for updates. At least not most of the time. You usually have to go find the Java folder in the program file, and open it as an administrator, then you can make the settings stick.
    I'm finding I'm having more odd little problems like that, since switching from XP SP3, to Windows 7 SP1.
    It's one of those love, hate, things. So many things in 7 are cool, but XP just worked with almost everything.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

canuck
    hhhmmm

what.

i dunno

Linux doesn't have these issues...

here come the techno geeks...

html Pictures, Images and Photos

canuck
    big balls

canuck
    here this is fun...

Option Explicit

Private Sub cmdGo_Click()

On Error GoTo errhandler
    If txtInput.Text > 32767 Then
    MsgBox "Enter a positive, whole number between 1 and 32,767", vbOKOnly, "Input Error"
    ElseIf txtInput.Text < 1 Then
    MsgBox "Enter a positive, whole number between 1 and 32,767", vbOKOnly, "Input Error"
    End If

Dim i As Integer

i = txtInput.Text
    Randomize
    txtOutput.Text = Fix(i * Rnd) + 1

Exit Sub

errhandler:
    If Err.Number = 11 Or Err.Number = 13 Then
    End If
    Exit Sub

End Sub

Hmmmmm
    No, Linux doesn't have some problems... because it doesn't work with nearly as many programs as Windows. Same with Macs. Macs not getting virus' is getting to be old, as well as not true, anymore. He, He.
    "I thought of that while riding my bike."
    Albert Einstein, on the theory of relativity.

Peace and Long Rides...

PRETENDURO
    Java what??? Oh yeah, OSX 10.3.9 still works fine. No problems here on an almost 8 year old OS install. Gotta love being able to compile for the PPC systems. Those fancy-pants Intel-chipped computers are susceptible to all sorts of communicable diseases.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    My Java only updates once in a while and they are only for security reasons. You can turn it off for most websites you use also. I don't see why it would update all the time unless the updates were somehow getting taken back off your system somehow.