Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Smile Oh Please don't be that guy.

You know, with the sparkling clean new Specialized Epic S Work on top of your SUV. Clean SUV, clean bike. Weekend after weekend. It's obvious this bike has not seen a dirt path in a blue moon. I saw you cause you made all you sunday errand at the same harware store and grocery as me. Ride the **** out of that bike please!
    What's up with that. 5k+ on a bike rack and no use. Saw alot fo these since early spring. I don't get it.

All show no go ?

Probably drunk right now

Oh Please don't be that guy.

Why do you care? Ride your bike more.

Sent from my rotary phone and compiled with a telegraph machine.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Perhaps the guy just likes his toys clean.

I eat cats
    So the fact that I keep my car and bike clean makes me a poser of some sort? My car gets washed at least twice a month because I live at the beach. My bike stays inside my house in a white carpeted room so I clean it after every ride. So yeah, my rides are clean but I didn't think people paid too much attention because I couldn't care less what others assumptions are made up based on it. Don't be that guy who reads into everything so deep.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    I keep my bike practically spotless, I also ride it about three times a week. Am I a clean freak? Yes. But a clean bike works better than a dirty bike. Besides, it wouldn't look good to customers if my bike was filthy leaning up against the wall.

Ridin' Furry
    Only scrubs keep their bike dirty.

Ninja Master Powers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy1983 View Post
    Perhaps the guy just likes his toys clean.
    +1 I ride my bike on average 4 days a week. It's pretty much always clean and there's never anything broken or out of adjustment.

I'm asked frequently why I never ride my bike or comments like that's a new bike etc.

I'm weird and obsessed at times.

mtbr member
    Maybe he SHREDS THE GNAR all week long and cleans it up each weekend.

Maybe you should not worry about other riders gear so much? Riding is far to much fun to let judgments of others get in the way.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Maybe he rides a lot and keeps his bike clean. Maybe the $5K bike is mostly for show. Maybe he doesn't even take it off road for fear of scratching it. How does any of this impact you?

I don't get why some people get so caught up in what others do/say/wear/buy. If they're not hurting anyone, who cares?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    and on the opposite side you got lazy ***** like me with last seasons dirt still mucking up the drive train

mtbr member
    Am I "that guy"? My SUV is spotless. My bikes are also spotless.

This shot was taken just after a muddy pre-ride, then raced the next day.

This "clean SUV"...

... also does this

Maybe you're "that guy"?
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride are usually slow.
    Roadies who don't mountain bike are usually d***s.

mtbr member
    Go up and introduce yourself, so next year when he upgrades you can grab it for 2500
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I wash my bike after every ride. But my Car looks like shyte.
    Ya, I'm one of those Jabronies!

mtbr member
    it's funny, before I had kids I had a nice two-seater sports car that I washed by hand all the time, why? because I paid a lot of money for it. But I've since traded that in for a family friendly car. Now I have a crappy sedan that see's a car wash maybe twice a year, why? because It's a cheap car and I'm not worried about it getting dinged or dirty If I had a $5k bike I would clean it after every ride same as my sports car. but I don't so my bike gets a wipe down about once a month. nothing fancy, I just clean off the build up.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    All I know is the the 20 minutes spent keeping the car and bike clean each time they got dirty would be 20 more minutes of riding time.

Plus, I like it dirty.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_amador View Post
    All I know is the the 20 minutes spent keeping the car and bike clean each time they got dirty would be 20 more minutes of riding time.

Plus, I like it dirty.
    Oh, if only it worked that way. 95% of the times I clean the bikes, I'm capitalizing on a 20-30 window of free time on a weekday, in the evening. And sadly, the cars get washed via the big magic tunnel while it sit there on the phone. There was a time when I wouldn't "let" anyone wash my cars. I guess I had more time then?
    Mountain bikers who don't road ride are usually slow.
    Roadies who don't mountain bike are usually d***s.

Big Mac

Oh Please don't be that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Phiu-x View Post
    You know, with the sparkling clean new Specialized Epic S Work on top of your SUV. Clean SUV, clean bike. Weekend after weekend. It's obvious this bike has not seen a dirt path in a blue moon. I saw you cause you made all you sunday errand at the same harware store and grocery as me. Ride the **** out of that bike please!
    What's up with that. 5k+ on a bike rack and no use. Saw alot fo these since early spring. I don't get it.

All show no go ?
    Geez, dude! Please don't be "that guy". You know, the guy that judges others based on cleanliness. Worry 'bout your own damn thing.

mtbr member
    Just a thought...but maybe he bought it that day and was getting other stuff done while out and about..?
    2011 Trance x1

All good things in all good time

mtbr member
    Keeping your bike clean makes it way easier to diagnose potential problems (worn parts, cracks etc).

I like pie.
    A clean bike is a happy bike!

Back in the day people would keep their bikes dirty to make people think they were not posers. Me? I clean my bike after every muddy ride. Every three rides or so if it is a bit dusty.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007 View Post
    Keeping your bike clean makes it way easier to diagnose potential problems (worn parts, cracks etc).
    Yeah! A relatively clean bike is definitely easier on the drive train, as well. I don't wash my bikes anymore, unless it's completely muddy, then I hose it off to get the drivetrain clear of gunk. The one area where I think it's most important to keep clean is the drivetrain. Keeps the parts from wearing down as fast and it keeps shifting functioning properly. Who's the fool - the rider with a clean bike/drive train that works really well... or the guy who's flaunting his pride with a dirty bike and crap drivetrain?

I also find it pretty weird how others get caught up (in a negative way) on stranger's bikes, set-ups, gear, etc.

official eMpTyBRain
    official troll thread
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

AZ
    banned
    Does it really matter that much in the grand scheme of things? Things could be worse.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I love a clean bike. That is why I'm perpetually sad! The sadness comes from destroying all that good cleanliness by riding my bike in the dirt. The bikes don't get washed more than a few times a year, not because of laziness but because of water. I don't want it in the bearings, pivots, seat tube or anywhere else it doesn't belong. I don't like needing to disassemble stuff to re-lube and remove water so the bikes stay dirty. The only things that get regular cleaning are the drivetrain, stanchions, and saddle.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

Downhill fan
    The DH bike gets cleaned, lubed and washed after every full day of DH/FR duty. The trail bike gets washed once every 2-3 weeks with a decent wipe down every weekend after riding. Clean bikes ride better.
    I'm thinking about shreddin' it up right now!
    Giant Glory DH (custom)
    K2 Evo 4.0 FS XC (custom)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast