awesome

Oakley Radar and half / Flak jacket, anybody used both?

Hi all, I've narrowed down the choice for new sunglasses to the above Oakley models.

I chose Oakley because of the Hydrophobic lens treatment, which should keeps the lens clean much longer; the lens getting too dirty mid ride is my main issue with my current shades, the other being that I chose the wrong color, polarized grey.

Searching the forum I read that radars are better suited to road riding and half / Flak jacket to mtb. has anybody tried both? Which is less likely to slide down your nose, if any?

As for the lens, I would have liked a light green tint, but the closest to that is the g26 shooting specific, which causes temporary color blindness So I narrowed it down to the vr28, but there are 2 versions, the darker black iridium and the "regular" vr28. Which one do you use?

Thanks and sorry for the many question?

PS Found a wealth of info on oakleys here: http://www.o-review.com/ . But I'm looking for mtbikers opinions.

thecentralscrutinizer
    I've used all three models for mtbing. Out of these I prefer the Radar because it fits me and my helmet the best. My current pair of Radars have the gold iridium lens in them which is okay for woods but better suited for full sunlight.

I still like the M-frames a bit better than the Radar for riding. They have a more solid feel than the Radar and provide me more protection.

The thing with the Oakley is to get the right frame and lens shape to fit your face. Lord knows they have enough choices.

Good luck.
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE Racing lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by mopartodd
    I've used all three models for mtbing. Out of these I prefer the Radar because it fits me and my helmet the best. My current pair of Radars have the gold iridium lens in them which is okay for woods but better suited for full sunlight.

I still like the M-frames a bit better than the Radar for riding. They have a more solid feel than the Radar and provide me more protection.

The thing with the Oakley is to get the right frame and lens shape to fit your face. Lord knows they have enough choices.

Good luck.
    Thanks mopartodd. I would have chosen the m-frames (also because there are more lens option) but they look too big for my face.