mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Oakley Jawbone!?

thinking about picking some up... do they stand up to all the hype and money?!

I like mine, though I'm somewhat bummed that they don't come with a clear lens out of the box, so I currently night ride with no shades.

lens changing is a very refined process with these, and I don't see how you could scratch up the lenses as long as you're careful (unlike my Smith Voodoo Sliders).

they fit my face well. I didn't necessarily set out to buy these specifically, but they fit my face better than some of the other Oakleys.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    They look pretty sweet i want to review them on my site

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    thanks guys! i might pull the pin... found a pair online for $174 brand new.. polarized

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Just bought some Polarized Jawbones last week. They are great! I like being able to change the lenses without smudging or bending them. Picked them up for $175 at sunglass hut.

Mai
    mtbr member
    Love mine! Lenses are easy to change. Only drawback is the nose pieces are hard to change. I haven't been able to get mine off.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I,
    I took the road less traveled by and
    It has made all the difference. R Frost

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    what lenses are you guys rocking?

mine came with the yellow and the black iridium lenses. I the black iridium ones are good for the bright-ass sun down here in Texas. The yellow ones work on cloudy days, which I don't really have much of down here. I will probably ask my wife to put a set of clear ones on my gift list.

Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
    How about the vented lenses, whats the antifogging capability like, does it help?
    Climbing ain't easy
    when you're fat and greasy
    - 2 Bigsteve

Mai
    mtbr member
    Mine came with the yellow and black iridium. I wear the yellow in the evenings when there is a mix of sun and shade. They work great. I use the black at work in the direct sun. Both sets are vented and it works great. Sometimes when it is very hot and humid they will fog getting out of the A/C in the car but they clear up quickly. I wan tto get a pair of clear and a pair of blue polarized.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood and I,
    I took the road less traveled by and
    It has made all the difference. R Frost

mtbr member
    I love my Jawbones, probably the most comfortable sunglasses I have ever owned. I got the custom ones, so I got to pick which two lens' I wanted, one clear one dark.
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

Quote Originally Posted by greasemeat
    How about the vented lenses, whats the antifogging capability like, does it help?
    my vented ones are work well. when there's no airflow, they don't prevent fogging well (still air, warm, extremely humid), but as soon as you start moving again, they'll clear up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I have a pair of the Black Iridiums/Yellows and am pleased with them so far. Occasionally I do get a bit of fogging like NateHawk mentioned, but it usually fairly short lived and they are extremely comfortable, and not too far out looking to wear off the bike or out and about. If you have the cash and don't mind parting with it on a decent set of glasses, I would think they are definitely worth a look.

-Bryce

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I like mine, but I use prescription lenses and they don't come vented. When I found that out, I seriously reconsidered purchasing them. High humidity and slow moving means fogged lenses.

I Have Cookies
    I use "M" Frames in the forest with their yellow lenses for clarity.
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

Quote Originally Posted by runjhike
    I like mine, but I use prescription lenses and they don't come vented. When I found that out, I seriously reconsidered purchasing them. High humidity and slow moving means fogged lenses.
    that's why I didn't get polarized lenses when I bought mine. not sure if they're different now, but when I bought mine a year ago, the polarized lenses were not vented, either.

mtbr member
    Just a thought, but if you have vision coverage through your work go to a couple local eyeglass places and see what they can do about Oakley's.

This spring I picked up a pair of Livestrong Flak Jackets with prescription transition lenses for the cost of the lenses, much cheaper than the Oakley's retail price. The glasses themselves were fully covered by "frame allowance". I know of people under a families vision plan without a prescription who are able to get a new pair of sunglasses covered yearly. YMMV finding a place that will allow you to claim that though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    just ordered a pair from sunglass hut.. $175 seemed like an okay deal to me!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
    I got myself a pair of these bad boys. Spiuk Ventix with photochromatic lenses. Day, night, rain, whatever.. same set of lenses for everything. Havent used the iridium lenses at all yet. Theyre awesome shades for $80 off ebay.

2013 Giant XTC Advanced SL0 Carbon
    2011 TCR Advanced SL
    2012 Omnium
    2013 29CX Frankenbike

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    just got the jawbones in the mail today!! sweet shades... got em shipped from sunglass hut.. for 175... really like em soo far!