I Ride Alone

Good job! Nuke Proof Warhead Seatpost.

This Nukeproof Warhead is a beautiful seatpost.
    Made in the UK, comparable to the Thomson Elite (slightly heavier, a little less expensive) just as well made and finished and the saddle clamp is nicer, easier to use and an improvement over the Thomson. I know hard to believe but its true!

Also the has a scale on the back makes it easier to adjust height if you're a spaz like me.
    Full disclosure I have a Thomson Masterpiece on my Ibis Mojo (most of the time) and a couple Elites love them! Thought I'd try something different glad I did!

I bought one at Chain Reaction (I dont think theres a USA distributor) for my little Kona Hardtail 27.2 X 400mm. Been riding it for a couple of weeks no problems, nice and stiff, does what it should, bolts didnt loosten up the thing is very positive.

I highly recommend it!
    They also make a lot of other killer parts, might try a stem!

http://www.nukeproof.com/seatposts/w....php#seatposts
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The Lone Rider.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Comparable to Thomson my a$$....its a rip off of a Thomson.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gsomtb
    Comparable to Thomson my a$$....its a rip off of a Thomson.

exactly. their stems are a knock off as well. but for the budget minded i guess it's okay. they did have to recall their ti riser bars after they hit the market. never to be seen again. doesn't give me the greatest confidence in their r and d even at a cheaper price point

I Ride Alone
    Quote Originally Posted by qbert2000
    exactly. their stems are a knock off as well. but for the budget minded i guess it's okay. they did have to recall their ti riser bars after they hit the market. never to be seen again. doesn't give me the greatest confidence in their r and d even at a cheaper price point
    I have been riding the Warhead on my hardatail for a couple months now, replaced an elite.

I mostly ride my Mojo SL with a Thomson Masterpiece. I also have an Elite for the Mojo, I hardly use any more.
    I only ride about 100 miles a week.

I like the Warhead better than the Elite. The Saddle clamp is better. Its easier to fit the rails, and level. Its more secure.

Its not comparable the Mastepiece.

I guess the Thomson is a knockoff of every post before it, great posts but not like they invented the thing.
    Last edited by Ruger; 02-19-2010 at 10:25 PM.
    The Lone Rider.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger
    I have been riding the Warhead on my hardatail for a couple months now, replaced an elite.

I mostly ride my Mojo SL with a Thomson Masterpiece. I also have an Elite for the Mojo, I hardly use any more.
    I only ride about 100 miles a week.

I like the Warhead better than the Elite. The Saddle clamp is better. Its easier to fit the rails, and level. Its more secure.

Its not comparable the Mastepiece.

I guess the Thomson is a knockoff of every post before it, great posts but not like they invented the thing.

i believe thomson was the first to machine the complete post and lower clamp assembly out of one piece. most others use a bonded head. they also were one of the first to use the micro abraded finish and their anodising is probably the best in the business. they also use top grade hardware for the bolts. can't see how the warhead is better than the elite as you say as a masterpiece uses the same head and hardware as the elite just has more aggressive machining to keep the weight down. if the warhead has a better more secure head than the elite it would be better than the masterpiece as well using your example.

if you check out one of the latest issues of mtbuk they gave the thomson post best overall followed by the warhead. they sighted finish quality as one of the things that put the thomson over the top. that and a long and proven track record.

yorkshire mud monkey
    gotat say i have the nuke proof hubs and they are good also, i was going for hopes but changed to the nukes, and they have the hope click easy to service etc at 300 for the pair they were worth every penny, gotta say i dont go by reviews
    as steve said "As long as the rotor/rivets clears the fork, a miss is as good as a mile"

meow, meow.
    I think these posts are made in Taiwan, like most Nuke Proof parts are.

I have a 50 mm Warhead stem, and a pair of steel/aluminum Neutron pedals.
    Stem is okay, but for a Thomson knock-off I expected it to be lighter. )
    The pedals are not the best platform shape, also there are weird double end caps in each one.

I also built some wheels on Generator hubs. The rear hubs are okay, but I'm not impressed with the front 15 mm/QR ones.

In general, I think Nuke Proof products are overpriced for what they are.
    26" faithful.

Underskilled
    Nukeproof are (correct me if wrong) all just import clones/knock offs.

They all look pretty, are on paper similar to a product we like, however at the base of it they are not the products they are copying.

Generator hubs, slightly cheaper than a pro2, slightly more engagment, pretty.

However blews through three sets of internals in weeks.

Overpriced crap.

These posts are bars might be awesome, but really why take the risk.

The generators looked awesome, shame they were poorly made.
    They were cheap to start with but once you add in the extra costs, you might as well go Chris King.

I added up the money I wasted trying to get a NP wheel to work, it literally cost me more than the CK build.