Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Not to beat a dead horse, but...

Isn't "considering confessing" that is reported in the papers the same as actually confessing, with the exception of the legal ramifications?

WTF??

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/05/sp...ping.html?_r=0
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member

Purposely not specific...

Quote Originally Posted by skiahh View Post
    Isn't "considering confessing" that is reported in the papers the same as actually confessing, with the exception of the legal ramifications?

WTF??

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/05/sp...ping.html?_r=0

There are multiple allegations, so by "considering" confessing he's acknowledging that one or more are true, but not necessarily all of them. He'll probably try to negotiate admissions that acknowledge a minimal but credible level of guilt that will lead to some level of reinstate of eligibility.
    The older I get the better I was...

banned
    Aug 2012
    I can hardly wait for the civil lawsuits to begin.

The mans ego has gotten the better of him ... The EPO abuse claims (probably) gave him testicular cancer, and he figured out how to benefit from it.

Now this LOL

Is winning so important that an entire society will overlook cheating to win ?

I mean,
    We now seem to live in a society where the weakest are coddled and given trophies just because they are breathing ... YEA, they'll probably give him everything he wants ... Eventually !!
    Just because he confesses to something and begs forgiveness.

Paging Pete Rose, Pete Rose to the admission booth ... Lance needs some guidance about how not to do this admission thing.

mtbr member
    Hes doing O.K. for a guy that has had his livelihood and his life torn from him, but hes very strong, Herman said.
    boo-hoo-hoo! I wonder if that's the way all the non-doping riders (I'm sure there must have been a few) felt while getting beat by Armstrong.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    Is winning so important that an entire society will overlook cheating to win ?
    Well... yes.

Cycling forgave Basso, Millar, Contador and even Pantani seems to be fondly remembered now. Even in other sports drug cheats (and match fixers, industrial spies, black mailers...) can remain popular, people will forgive a lot.

I suspect the cheating part of Lance's story will not be what follows him around, the enormous trail of destruction he created in the process will be his anchor.
    Last edited by Fix the Spade; 01-05-2013 at 07:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm

Paging Pete Rose, Pete Rose to the admission booth ... Lance needs some guidance about how not to do this admission thing.
    Pete has a pretty good gig going these days selling autographs in Vegas. Maybe he and Lance could partner up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Well... yes.

Cycling forgave Basso, Millar, Contador and even Pantani seems to be fondly remembered now. Even in other sports drug cheats (and match fixers, industrial spies, black mailers...) can remain popular, people will forgive a lot.

I suspect the cheating part of Lance's story will not be what follows him around, the enormous trail of destruction he created in the process will be his anchor.
    That's the part I can't forgive. Other's EPO'd, but Lance did his best to destroy anyone that so much as hinted he cheated.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    That's the part I can't forgive. Other's EPO'd, but Lance did his best to destroy anyone that so much as hinted he cheated.
    My thoughts exactly, and why I have no sympathy toward the man.

No Stranger to danger....
    A movie should be made about him called TALES OF A SOCIOPATH, The guy is an utter disgrace.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Well... yes.

Man you hit the nail on the head 100%. But you never know what the general public will think. Lance could decide to bring the entire sport down with him when he confesses.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespasianus View Post
    Lance could decide to bring the entire sport down with him when he confesses.
    His ego seems big enough to try it.

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis View Post
    There are multiple allegations, so by "considering" confessing he's acknowledging that one or more are true, but not necessarily all of them. He'll probably try to negotiate admissions that acknowledge a minimal but credible level of guilt that will lead to some level of reinstate of eligibility.
    no disrespect intended, but here is pretty much what i read in your post:

Есть несколько утверждений, поэтому, "учитывая", признавшись, что он признает, что одна или несколько верны, но не обязательно все из них. Он, наверное, попытаться договориться признаний, которые признают минимальным, но надежные уровне вины, что приведет к некоторому уровню восстановить ее права.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post
    no disrespect intended, but here is pretty much what i read in your post:

Есть несколько утверждений, поэтому, "учитывая", признавшись, что он признает, что одна или несколько верны, но не обязательно все из них. Он, наверное, попытаться договориться признаний, которые признают минимальным, но надежные уровне вины, что приведет к некоторому уровню восстановить ее права.

speak the English comrade Shekky, you are in America now
    The older I get the better I was...

mtbr member
    I don't care...

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Woot

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by veloborealis View Post
    This. I think he's been living a lie so long he's forgotten that the truth matters for it's own sake.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

the half breed devil

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The Saga is not yet over.
    Will The Hero turned Detestable Fiend have his comeuppance?
    Or will he "Manage" another righteous miracle.
    This is Rock Opera writ large.
    Stay tuned celebrivores!
    "....All of your so-called friends, I'll take you where the sidewalk ends..." Robbie Robertson, "American Roulette"

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Is Lance manoeuvring slowly before confessing? ... it's only the media's words that are speaking for him.

What has Lance said about what he is going to do?

Warren.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    He's wasted enough of our time with these shenanigans. However, through his "supposed' cheating, he ended up getting a ton of people to take up cycling and watching The Tour...

and hopefully the truth will come out on the symbiotic benefits of the Livestrong foundation and Lance...

mtbr member
    This to go over the closing credits to the Lance Movie. Classy:

gran jefe
    Nov 2011
    not to beat a dead horse,but let's beat a dead horse. classy. like there weren't enough threads on this already. you make these boards a sadder place, skiah.

mtbr member
    His ego seems big enough to try it.
    Actually, what I would love to see is an apology to people like Greg Lemond and Filippo Simeoni, who he publicly humiliated. But I doubt he is man enough to do it...

At the same time, I hope he brings down the entire thing (UCI that is). They are the biggest fckers in all of this. They knew everything and they protected him. When poor Simeoni told the truth about Ferrari, Lance and the UCI went after him. Shameful.
    On MTBR, the reputation is infamous.

meh... whatever
    "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sjhiker View Post
    However, through his "supposed' cheating, he ended up getting a ton of people to take up cycling and watching The Tour...
    I've been mountain biking since 92 (no road), and I only started watching The Tour during the Lance days. I still watch.

Here's my point: I think everyone in the circuit, including the governing authority, knew or at least had serious suspicions of what Lance was doing. But as long as the bucks were flying-in, all the governing authority did were trivial "safeguards" to prevent "doping." But in reality, all they cared about was the money.

Lance made more than himself rich. But when the **** hit the fan, he was thrown under the bus by the very people he enriched.

Not saying he's innocent, just that maybe his accusers in the governing authority were complicit with the whole doping circuit back then (all the rest was window dressing).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast