Page 8 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    from - AR/OK border

rider type - recreational, getting into more for fitness now

bikes - older (04) Spec. P-1, My son has a Spec. Rockhopper I ride at times, but I like the SS.

how long? gee, I can't remember a time I didn't have a bike - even in the Army overseas. but I'm new to riding for a reason other than just going to a trail with my son and some friends.

forums? jeep forums, samurai forums, canoe forums, BCUSA, and some work related ones

looking for? just to watch and learn some I guess. I'm just a basic mid-40's guy with some weight to lose and it's too hot now in the summer (110 yesterday) to do much more than ride my P1. I never get tired of the freedom of the bike and my son and I enjoy hitting some MTB trails and we ride our dirt bikes a lot too.

the 'clyde' success stories thread came up on a google search..led me here.
    I rode a few miles yesterday when I got home from work - and got in a short workout after...
    mostly from the motivation in that thread I mentioned.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rkleinhenz View Post
    Hi folks,
    came here to find some info but before I can start a thread I need to make 5 posts. Here goes one :-) I've been riding bikes all my life, got my first decent bike in the late 70s and still ride it today. Used to commute, ran a small bike business (garage store) while in grad school. Got into tandems when I got tired waiting at top of hills and my wife got tired of expecting to find me just beyond the next turn. We have toured togther on singles and tandem. Tents are history for my wife, she now wants to goon canned tours... a tandem tour of Italy with Santana fell through...

Last weekend I trued up a wheel that I laced up quite a few years ago. It has a hub I can't identify. Is anyone able to identify the logo on this hub? It has a sealed bearing on the non-FW side at least. I attached 2 pics of the logo

Best regards,
    Rich
    Moderator, is there any chance you could move this to the Wheels and Tires forum?
    TIA Rich

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Great thread

middleagedmaninlycra
    Jul 2011
    I'm a Brit living in Munich, Germany

Been riding mtbs since my mid 30s, now very middle-aged. Wish I'd started much earlier

2 bikes--Cube AMS Pro 125, Cannondale Jekyll with Lefty (hardly used)

Do most of my riding in the German pre-Alps

At the beginning of the year, I was very middle-aged, very overweight, recently diagnosed with depression and could hardly climb out of bed.

Next month (August), I'll be mountain biking over the Alps covering 288 miles and climbing nearly 35,000 feet in 6 days. It's a personal challenge and for a good cause!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

... and if we just ... newbie

hi,u.k rider w.yorks
    been riding since 76
    about ten bikes from 92 tufftrax elite to nomad mk1
    ex racer ride freeride downhill uphill round the bend
    will post some pics later
    Last edited by kevs1gez; 07-13-2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: so you know where i am

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by middleagedmaninlycra View Post
    I'm a Brit living in Munich, Germany

Been riding mtbs since my mid 30s, now very middle-aged. Wish I'd started much earlier

2 bikes--Cube AMS Pro 125, Cannondale Jekyll with Lefty (hardly used)

Do most of my riding in the German pre-Alps

At the beginning of the year, I was very middle-aged, very overweight, recently diagnosed with depression and could hardly climb out of bed.

Next month (August), I'll be mountain biking over the Alps covering 288 miles and climbing nearly 35,000 feet in 6 days. It's a personal challenge and for a good cause!
    Good luck to ya! That's a lot of feet/day!!! And remember middle-aged is temporary - you'll get over it :-)
    --
    Best Regards,
    Rich

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Truckee, Ca
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All Mountain/ XC
    3.) How many bikes you own? for now just one KHS 604 XC.....looking to upgrade
    4.) How long have you been riding?11 or so years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? New to here...spend time on PinkBikes.com and a snowboard forum EasyLoungin.com.

Grew up in the PNW ( Pacific Northwest) now live in Cali. Looking to learn about other great rides through out the US.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi everyone first post here, saying hi and my names Ben!

1.) Where you are from? Athens Greece not Georgia...
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Dont know yet, haven't been on a bike for 15 years, i'm 31 now and want to start riding again,maybe its my first mid life crisis, i've been listening to a lot of Megadeth recently too... coincidence?
    3.) How many bikes you own? One rusty old Dyno Slammer, looks like a lego bike next to me now ,i'm 6'7/225lbs and looking for a big hardtail, this forum has been very helpful but i cant get most of the big custom bikes mentioned, in Greece, also couldnt afford one, the "mainstream" dealers here dont import anything in my size either and i can't order a TREK or Specialized bike (who make XXL sizes) from elsewhere in europe as they're not allowed to export retail...so i need some help,used frame from the states maybe???
    4.) How long have you been riding? ...
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This is my first

Thanx!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

New to the Forum

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself. I live in Alaska and just go into Moutain biking, I'm not sure what my passion will be yet but i just enjoy riding.

I have a 2002 Cannondale SuperV 500, my first Full suspension bike and I'm still loving it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

New to forum

I just started riding again about a month ago for general fitness and fun. I've been living in the Charlotte, NC area for about 9 years. I picked up a '99 Cannondale F1000 hardtail from a friend and it's great. I had my first good wreck yesterday and destroyed the air/oil damper in the Fatty SL headshok. Iíll be posting more soon looking for advice on a replacement strategy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by cartterb View Post
    Have been using MTBR for ages but have never posted and just walked into my garage and found out that my two beloved bikes (a year old Ellsworth Epiphany and 3 year old Specialized tarmac) were stolen. Would love any suggestions on trying to recover them. We have a great community of riders in norcal and I am a faithful rider of tamarancho and tahoe but I need 5 posts to be able to post this there. The Ellsworth is unique because of the red anodized parts and I have included a picture below. I am going to check Craigslist constantly but would love any feedback or ideas that you might have!
    Sorry to hear that this happened to you. Try filing a police report and include pictures, serial numbers, and identifying marks if possible. I've heard of folks finding their stuff at pawn shops but not being able to get it back because they didn't provide identifying marks when filing the police report. Best of luck.

mtbr member
    1.)So Cal, San Gabriel Valley

2.)All kinds. Long Distance is what appeals to me. Road and dirt.

3.) Who's counting? Main rides are a Salsa Fargo Ti, Salsa Mukluk and Kogswell 650b (road)

4.) Since I was a kid, but regularly for the past 5 years.

5.) Bikepacking.net/ADVrider.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi the name's Terry,

Started getting into mtb back in 1997, me and my bro would buy every mag that came out every month and read those things to pieces.
    Finally got ourselves a pair of muni-mulas and shredded those into oblivion. Mine snapped after a failed attempt at a blunt on a park bench.
    That was the only mtb i owned, but i'm getting back into the game now, feel like getting lost out there in the woods on a trusted steed again.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Jesus, I just found this kona catalog on konaretro.com, i used to go to sleep cradling this catalog in my arms. The nostalgia, it burns.
    I can't post pics because of this lame post count, but here's the link. Fight the power
    konaretro.com/articles/catalogues/1997/97Page18.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Back Home

Hello MTBR Members,
    I'm not a new member to the site, but I've been away for a while. I'm back in the States now, and looking forward to riding here again. I have some 29er parts for sale, so if you need some wheels and other bits check out the other components area, thanks. I hope everyone is having a good summer and getting out for some good rides.

mtbr member
    Hi Everyone,

Have been looking at the forum and wanted to join.

1.) Currently live in San Diego

2.) I'm a mountain biker since 1983. Started riding in Humboldt Co. in college.

3.) How many bikes you own? 12. The first one which was just wrecked, was a Diamond Back Apex XT with the smoked paint job. Someone tied it on to a trailer incorrectly and my bike and my sons Specialized Hot Rock were run over! I recently got a Trek Rumblefish 2.

4.) How long have you been riding? Started riding at 5 in 1970 in the banked flood sewers of San Pedro! You do the math....

5.) What forums do you frequent most? 1. BigWatersEdge/San Diego Kayak Fishing Forum and 2. Car forums/Chevelles/F150/Mustangs

6.) Co-owner of Lost Spirit Distillery in Monterey CA. Makers of fine Rum and Whiskey!

7.) Have 2 black labs who feel that pulling me around on any bike is their full right and pitch a complete fit if they see me leave without them.

Cheer

Steve
    Rumblefish or Hobie Pro Angler

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by beenhesp View Post
    Jesus, I just found this kona catalog on konaretro.com, i used to go to sleep cradling this catalog in my arms. The nostalgia, it burns.
    I can't post pics because of this lame post count, but here's the link. Fight the power
    Copy them into your photo area and link them to the thread.

Cheers
    Rumblefish or Hobie Pro Angler

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beenhesp View Post
    I also wish they didn't take the wind out of the sails of new members like you and me... sigh...
    --
    Best regards,
    Rich

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rkleinhenz View Post
    Hi folks,
    came here to find some info but before I can start a thread I need to make 5 posts. Here goes one :-) I've been riding bikes all my life, got my first decent bike in the late 70s and still ride it today. Used to commute, ran a small bike business (garage store) while in grad school. Got into tandems when I got tired waiting at top of hills and my wife got tired of expecting to find me just beyond the next turn. We have toured togther on singles and tandem. Tents are history for my wife, she now wants to goon canned tours... a tandem tour of Italy with Santana fell through...Best regards,
    Rich
    Forgot to mention my bike! The mountain bike I ride is a Canondale F700 hard tail from the mid 90s
    --
    Best regards
    Rich
    ====================
    Rich Kleinhenz
    http://www.beautifulhandmadepens.com
    ====================

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Checking in from Pittsburgh

Been lurking for a while now (even before I registered) and figured I'd introduce myself. I recently quit smoking and decided to get myself in shape (I just turned 40), but because of an injury to my heel a while back I can't jog.

Anyway, that's what led me to mountain biking. I read and read and searched, read some more, googled, read a bunch more, and googled again. Also made a couple trips to the LBS (Specialized dealer). After about a month of this, and a serious case of information overload, I ended up buying a Motobecane 700 HT.

Went on my third ride on it this evening. Like I told a couple of my buddies - wanna see how out of shape you are? Hope on a bike, find a .00025% grade and pedal it for about 100 feet. Holy cow!! (ya, I'm exaggerating, but not as much as I'd like!)

I'm pleased with the bike, although I think I may have gone one size too large. Based on the tons of information I found, I figured the 21" would be the best fit. But that top tube and my prized parts are awful cozy! OTOH, riding the bike and being in the saddle feels perfect and is very comfortable.

I'd post a pic, but I obviously don't have the post count yet (and besides, I imagine most of you know what the 700 HT looks like).

Sooooo, nice to meet all of ya!

mtbr member
    Hey everyone, my name is Ed, from Delaware.
    Looking to get into some Mtn. Biking.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    Lived in SF/Davis CA for many years, now moving from Michigan to Portland, OR

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    XC racer / recent singlespeed convert

3.) How many bikes you own?
    4 right now

4.) How long have you been riding?
    mountain biking since 1989

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    This is my first post

msv
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Greetings from Mexico

Hey everyone.

My name is Mario. I'm from Queretaro, Mexico.
    I started riding MTB since 1994, I've rode bikes since I was 5.
    I'm basically a weekend warrior. No time to ride during the week
    I ride trails, up and down, singletrack and everything in between.
    I currently own 2 bikes: 1996 Rocky Mountain Hammer Race and 2009 Specialized FSR XC Comp.
    I started riding again last year after an 8 year break and really happy about it.

Some Dude

Spankin New

Hey everybody:

1.) From Austin Texas

2.) I am a weekend warrior I guess and I qualify as a 29er too. I try to ride at least once a week.

3.) I own one bike: 2010 Hardrock Sport Disc 29er

4.) I have been riding bikes since the mid 80s when I was into the bmx scene, GT Pro Series ahhh yeahhh. Those were the days. Riding around the local neighborhood trails with the other kids who had mongooses, blue maxes, skyways, etc. jumpin every curb on every driveway... Our neighborhood was really into it for some reason. But as far as mtb riding, I bought this cheap Roland at a pawn shop back in '96 that I rode around for a while. Then in 2005 I bought a Hardrock Sport and rode that thing off and on, pretty fun. Sold it because it was just sitting around and I was not using it. I had also broke one of my clavicles too (on the Roland actually....) and I guess I laid off riding for a while. But, just upgraded to the 29er so it's time to ride again.

5.) I don't really do the online forum thing much. In fact, I will probably make a few posts here and there and then might not ever do it again. I hope not though. Forums are cool. Lots of good info that can be gained.

If anyone wants to ride the greenbelt or any other local trails let me know. I recently discovered Slaughter Trail down south, pretty sweet.

Tried to post a link of my ride by did not meet the 10 post requirement...
    Chris

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Former beginner looking to begin again!

1.) Where you are from? St. Louis, MO
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner...again.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Zero! Currently looking for one.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Rode for a while in High School in college, then gave it up for a while. Looking to get back into it.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I used to be in all sorts of forums for different things. Anymore though I just read other peoples posts when looking for advice.

Page 8 of 302 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast