Page 4 of 305 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    North Idaho
    1.) Where you are from? North Idaho, south of Sandpoint
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Trail rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? MTB since mid 80's, road bike before that.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Responding to the Q's.

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share): Maryland
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...) Former Rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? One, sad, sad frame...
    4.) How long have you been riding? I used to ride fifteen years ago.

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-frame.jpg

Smiles

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Here is a closer shot of my sad, sad frame:

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-closer-pic.jpg

Smiles

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang78 View Post
    Been lurking here for a few weeks. Decided to jump into the forum tonight. Truth is, I had a question to ask, but can't start a new thread until I post 5 times! So hello! LOL
    I'm in the same boat. I get the rule, it just doesn't entirely make sense to me. I'm going to end up posting things that just aren't that meaningful.

Smiles

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Northern Virginia (Herndon to be specific)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Probably Intermediate (trail)
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? Well, I grew up riding BMX and got pretty advanced with that... but that was ages ago. Now I'm 45 (and out of shape) but I'm starting to get back into riding again and slowly building back up the endurance and absolutely LOVING it again.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? A few different music and guitar forums.

Fat Tire Fatty
    Oct 2006
    1.) Where you are from? Humboldt County, CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? trail rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? only 1 currently (2009 Kona OneTwenty Supreme)
    4.) How long have you been riding? since early childhood
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? NorCal & Passion

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Pink Pivot Pope

Hello I was told that this is a great site to find other ,tm lovers and get some insite on locations and products that people have tried and their opinions. I will be going to the Oaklahoms City area in a few weeks and wanted to know where there was some hills to climb on a rented mtb. Also where there is a bike rental place that woild have a bike to fit me. I have a xs Pink Pivot 5.7 and I know no rental can compair,but as long as I get some riding in I'll be happy.

1.) Where you are from? Livermore Ca.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Intermediate rider on a mtb
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 2011 Pivot Mach 5.7
    4.) How long have you been riding? One year now,but I have riden motocycles all my life.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Not any usually. Some on FB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-pivot-union-valley.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtrev View Post
    I am from coastal Maine and am now living in Washington.
    I am an all mountain rider when I am not racing XC as an expert.
    3 bikes -- SC Blur, Felt F4, and GT DHi
    Been riding consistently 17 years.
    I'm not much of a forum dude, though when traveling I look up trials on this site. To my dismay, most posts are out of date. I decided I should contribute to the MTB community by sharing trail knowledge since I travel frequently and ride all over N. America.

Nice bike rack!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Noob St. Louis, MO

I am Patrick
    I use to ride bmx growing up but started mtn biking a year or so ago.
    I live in St. Louis, MO
    I have a 2009 Fuji Tahoe Pro

Will repost images after my 10 posts.

I am looking to get advice on how to upgrade where to start and any tips for keeping care of the bike or things to watch for.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi There im From Kentucky, just getting back into Mtn biking, need to find some decent trails . Anyways it's been about 5 years since i've ridden so I have alot of research to do before getting my next bike.

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) See Above
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Mostly a Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? I used to have an Old Giant Sedona
    4.) How long have you been riding? 3-4 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Mostly Game forums (Video games)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Berkshire raised, in Boston for School

1.My name's Will I'm from Pittsfield, the Berkshire Hills of W. Mass.
    2. I consider myself a beginner/intermediate XC Rider. Love the up just as much as the down.
    3. I ownED a Specialized Rockhopper 29er (HT) w. C29ssmax wheelset, reba fork. It was fun until that mofo got stolen last week. When insurance money comes in I will hopefully be the proud owner of a new Niner Air 9, same wheels and fork, 2x10. I also have a 70s roadie to get me around campus, and on the occasional road bike trip.
    4. Started mt biking when I was about 11, but took about a 4 year hiatus until I graduated HS.
    5. I spend a lotta time reading 29er forum, as well as component reviews, and check up on NEMBA for New England mtb advocacy now and again, and also to find new riding areas. I'm gonna try to be more active and participate in trail work days, etc. Been living in Boston for 3 years, so still finding new places out here. Some are actually etter than you'd think! I'm also very involved in Northeastern University's outing club, and help run lots of trips with them, biking, camping, hiking, etc. Considering joining NUcycle team for the fall. Anyone riders who know the area, I'd love to explore with someone who knows where all that secret singletrack is out here. I won't tell anyone.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

My two cents

Quote Originally Posted by pkgto66 View Post
    I am Patrick
    I use to ride bmx growing up but started mtn biking a year or so ago.
    I live in St. Louis, MO
    I have a 2009 Fuji Tahoe Pro

Will repost images after my 10 posts.

I am looking to get advice on how to upgrade where to start and any tips for keeping care of the bike or things to watch for.

I was in your shoes about 2 years ago. I decided I was gonna ride the thing hard as I could, get as much outta the shitty parts, and replace as things broke. Dart 3 shat the bed fast as anyone would expect, and I went with a rockshox reba. Great choice, thing was worlds apart. Smooth, quick to engage, plenty of travel for the riding I do. Idk how your tora is holding up, that's deff better than my dart 3.

Then my hubs got effed mid ride, and had to do some jerry rigging to make it out. Shaving off that rotational weight, and adding some stiffness will make you much faster. If you can get something down below 1800g, it will feel amazing. When I got my new wheels I felt like a different rider. I found a pair of crossmax 29s on craigslist supercheap and they are unbelievable. Bombproof. Spend some time on the reviews section, and find somethin in your price range. Look for deals on ebay and craigslist too! Pricepoint is a good site also. I'm not gonna pretend I'm good with maintenance, but basics you probably already know are keep chain lubed, clean your drivetrain and fork if you get it super muddy, and bleed your brakes when its due (even tho no one ever does really). Do you like the hydraulics? my new build is coming and has them and I'm pretty stoked.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    im from surabaya indonesia
    im beginner i ride weekend with my polygon cozmic cx1.0
    i have 3 bike, 2 folding bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Indonesia sounds badass

Quote Originally Posted by johnride View Post
    im from surabaya indonesia
    im beginner i ride weekend with my polygon cozmic cx1.0
    i have 3 bike, 2 folding bike
    Hey John,

What's the terrain out like there? Rocky? Forsts? What kinda stuff do you ride on?

Will

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Orange CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1, or really 0. It's a tough choice between a 2012 rockhopper and GT Karakoram 2.0
    4.) How long have you been riding? just started
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Reddit, Coachella, all the interwebs!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    @ will, a lot terrain will. rocky and forsts from surabaya 2 hours, but im turn around in city, my stuff polygon (is a local brand from indonesia)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm new on this forum, likes cross country and titanium frames.

Ride many on single tracks to Annecy (France) .

nocturnal oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Sous View Post
    1.) Im Raoul from Germany - I live in Eschweiler (Middle West)
    2.) I am a Downhill Rider, but I like to do everything else, too
    3.) I own four bikes at the moment - all Marin Bikes.
    4.) I ride since I can think, but the first real cycle was my first BMX when I was 4 years old - thats 26 years ago now
    5.) I dont write that much and use mostly platforms in Europe, but as I will make holidays in CA in August I found this place to ask questions and get Information
    Nice shots. Where in Ca you going?
    "...like sex with the trail." - Boe

mtbr member

Howzeeet

I am Frank

I am originally from Cape Town, South Africa, but I am currently living and working in the South of Thailand. The group I have been ridng with does mostly cross country. We have one nutter in the group who does not use brakes down hill and I love trying to keep up with him. I have one lover.........I mean bike at the moment, GT avalanch. I have been on two wheels for as long as I can remember; I was the number one ranked BMXer for my state when I was 12 years old - 23 years ago. Been on motorcylces for many years. Finally bought a mountain bike this year and the bug bit.........I ride my bike like an addiction.........can't get enough and every ride seems like the best ride I have ever had; i ride about 6 or 7 times a week, often twice a day. A lot of my old BMX skills are coming back making the MTB the greatest rush since the band Rush. I have always loved adrenalin buzzing sports; I surfed and skateboarded back in SA. MTBing is so totally $&#$%ing amazing because I get out into nature and I love the burn....BURN BABY BURN!!!!! I am entering my first MTB cross country race on Sunday July 10, 2011 and I am really amped!!!!

I have never posted on forums before, so I guess this means my cherries just been popped.

*As a kid, I rode around on my bicycle waiting to one day step up onto a motorcycle; as an adult, I now realize that the bicycle is where it's always been and that I am still a kid .

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brostar View Post
    1.) Where you are from? Orange CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1, or really 0. It's a tough choice between a 2012 rockhopper and GT Karakoram 2.0
    4.) How long have you been riding? just started
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Reddit, Coachella, all the interwebs!!
    Go the rockhopper mate. Depending on who you talk too GTs can be questionable (not my personal opinion, just what I've heard-no offense to any GT owners). I've had my Specialized (Hardrock Sport) for about 4 years now and love it. They make great bikes. The only thing I've had to replace are the brakes, from tektro mechanicals to BB7s.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

... and if we just ... Rockhopper frame new design for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Specialized03 View Post
    Go the rockhopper mate. Depending on who you talk too GTs can be questionable (not my personal opinion, just what I've heard-no offense to any GT owners). I've had my Specialized (Hardrock Sport) for about 4 years now and love it. They make great bikes. The only thing I've had to replace are the brakes, from tektro mechanicals to BB7s.
    Thanks Dude, yeah the guy at my LBS said the frame is all new for 2012 and so are the rims, headset and a better fork than last year. I test rode it and felt way better than the GT and better than the hardrock sport 29ers.
    Im going to bite the bullet and buy the RockHopper.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Alright already. . .

Hope this makes the notice go away

1.) I hail from Denver area Colorado
    2.) I'm an older new beginner and like to ride two or three times a week
    3.) I have new R10 pedalec mountain bike also known as a Bighit Tonaro
    4.) Technically been riding longer than since most of you were born.
    5.) I frequent read the product reviews to help me with purchase decisions.
    6.) I may never post again because my experience has been with these enthusiast forum is that they are dominated by people who like to argue and belittle others and I don't need any of that . . . stuff.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hello all

1.) Where you are from? Bay area California
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? all mtn/trail rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? 17 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Starting now this one i am also into guns so various firearm forums

Tyler

I Have Cookies
    1.) Where you are from? Hilo Hawaii
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC Trail Junkie
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 a 08' Cannondale Prophet, Spec Rockhopper, ect...
    4.) How long have you been riding? 26 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? MTBR , The Force Book (StarWars Forum) Twitter (not a forum)

Been on here for a few years, not so much now days as I was in time's past. Proud Father of infant Twins (Girl-Brooklyn Boy Matthew). My Wife Has Breast Cancer and is currently beating it!
    Last edited by ae111black; 07-06-2011 at 04:06 PM.
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brostar View Post
    Thanks Dude, yeah the guy at my LBS said the frame is all new for 2012 and so are the rims, headset and a better fork than last year. I test rode it and felt way better than the GT and better than the hardrock sport 29ers.
    Im going to bite the bullet and buy the RockHopper.
    They are a really nice bike, and specialized really know how to put them together-it's worth the extra money. When I inevitably upgrade to a full suspension bike I will most likely end up with another specialized (stuntjumper I think) as I couldn't be happier with my Hardrock, even after the mods I've done. Hope you enjoy your new bike!

Page 4 of 305 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast