Page 301 of 302 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 297 298 299 300 301 302 LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 7531
    mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hey Justin.. I recently found a steal on craigslist and got my wife a very good $500 hardtail.. I'm sure the budget will work just fine.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Markus here from WV...near Charleston. Just getting back into the sport -- after too many years away. Attempting to bring my beloved bikes back to ride.
    Was a weekend worrier, all mtn, trail, etc. in my hay-day
    Have a couple bikes... which show my age - Fat Chance Yo Eddy (XTR), Mntn. Goat Deluxe (XT)
    Started riding ~88 or 89.

Running into compatibility issues here and there, which has led me here for advise.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfnz View Post
    Hey Justin.. I recently found a steal on craigslist and got my wife a very good $500 hardtail.. I'm sure the budget will work just fine.
    Thanks for the encouragement Manny - I got Craigslist dialed and watching. Got out and sat on some junk bikes to see what "felt" good. Should be ready to buy one soon...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Ok then
    1) Vuksan from Serbia
    2) all mtn/donhill/speed rider
    3) currently down to 1 bike (full suspension)
    4) riding for 14 years but due to injuries i had to take 2 years off
    5) Not really that much of a forum fan

Also i like to meet new people who know more then me which is not so difficult to do

no photos yet cos I'm changing up my bike a lot so when i get some I'll post them

Ruckus99ss
    Aug 2014
    1.) West Valley Arizona
    2.) Beginner
    3.) 1 2015 Trek X-Caliber 9
    4.) few days mountain biking. Rode Bmx for years
    5.) Here in Arizona

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-10599201_10100305377029622_9056571899204498441_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Justin!
    Hey bud my name is justin too! Good man!

Anyhow- I read your post, and helping out at a boutique bike shop (Cervelo,Wilier,Moots,Santa Cruz, Turner- to name a few in stock brands) I would reccomend with a $400 budget, to get a decent used Singke Speed. Don't let the "have to be a beast to ride one" talk get to you. Run a 32-20 or even easier ratio and you're set. No Gears-No Problems! Less to worry about, minimal tuning, easy to replace parts- very simple machines.
    There is a Redline Monocog on eBay right now for $260 ($290 total shipped). It's non disc, 29er and rigid. It will beat you up a bit as your body is the suspension, although you can pick up a lower end RockShox fork for pretty cheap new, and could even come across (like I did) a used upper tier fork for cheap, I got a Reba for $100 flat via CL. I have a full custom (even purple two tone paint) on my scandium Voodoo Aizan (that is lighter than my previous Stumpjumper expert carbon- also full custom).
    I put a ton of time and money into this build though, Reba RLT, Enve flat bar, Thompson stem/post, Handbuilt wheels (DT 240s w/supercomp spokes to mavic TN719 set up tubeless) and a new XT drivetrain with an m960 jones'd XTR crankset w/ WolfTooth drop stop 32t chainring so I'm running a 1x10 race setup. Very sweet bike and I've been through a bunch getting to this.

Point being, I started out on a rigid KHS Solo One SS that I loved. Bought another SS after that and then had to dump them to fund my geared race rigs. I WILL be buying another SS soon, even though my Voodoo has sliders and can be converted to SS, as I've done in the winters, as stated above, to have less maintenance through the nasty muddy snowy season. I won't be doing that anymore as I want to keep my race rig as pristine as possible.

If I had the money, I would grab this Redline in a hot second, upcoming surgery and unpaid 10 weeks off work is the only reason I haven't bought it.

Good luck with whatever you get, and welcome to the family. (Go race too, for fun, racing is one of the funnest experiences one could ever have in life IMO)

Cheers,
    Justin

mtbr member
    1.) TX
    2.) Beginner trail/mountain
    3.) 1980's Schwinn Traveler, 2015 GT Backwoods Sport
    4.) 1 day
    5.) Here

Hi, my name is Eric and I'm new to biking. Just purchased a GT Backwoods and my parents gave me their old Schwinn road bike to use and fix up.

Here's an old photo of the bike! I'm on the far right, early 1990's. Kind of cool it's still around and in good shape.

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-10613001_10152612313673563_6014448848311473663_n.jpg

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-afbbd02d-b074-497a-8231-d132f864b9cd_zpsbencmatj.jpg
    Last edited by tobimaru; 2 Weeks Ago at 05:48 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    hi all,,, I am also a new member here. but i don't like to publish my identity here. i will tell it later

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I'm Jeremy From Noble,OK
    I'm a complete noob clydsdale, but wanna race someday
    I have a DB hardtail, and a couple of cruisers
    Just started to ride, besides as a kid
    This forum mostly, lots of good info guys, thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hi, I'm Brian from the Twin Cities. I've always ridden bikes but recently got into riding single track this year. I'm a little obsessive and ride about two to three times a week. I've ridden over 400 miles this year so far. I own a Haro hardtrail that is about ten years old and bought a Santa Cruz Bantam this summer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    1.) Portland, ME
    2.) 29er lover
    3.) 1
    4.) 2 Years
    5.) 29er Bikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm

I'm Andrew, 21, NY

I'm also a noob to the MTB world, I'm just starting to look at this seriously, going all out with what I can afford over time.

right now I don't have a bike and I'm looking at a couple right now and looking for advice. So if someone wouldn't mind taking the time and helping me out I'd appreciate it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Darwin
    downhill mountain biking
    specialized 26er
    pretty mediocre to the game
    here to share experiences
    Bad or good

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Bes from Kosovo here. Currently in Whitefield, NH. Love mountain biking. Only have an old mountain bike. This forum seems cool, I look forward to my time in here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hey. I'm Nicole. I spend half the year in Los Angeles where I'm a grad student. I started mtbing about 6 years ago. My research, by design, takes me to Crested Butte for the other half of the year.

I'm a trail rider, or so I'd like to think. I also really like to bikepack and wish enduro races would time the uphills.

I currently have 2 mtbs (one is currently for sale), and don't even ask me about the other bikes.

I won't lie, I don't really frequent the mtbr forums - I'm mainly here to sell my bike That being said, I rarely have riding partners in LA, so feel free to say hi!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hello all I'm Todd from Hudson New Hampshire.
    Getting serious bout biking after way to long. Mainly trail riding for right now. Just got my bike yesterday. A 2014 Kona Lanai. Bone stock for now plan to upgrade as I go and figure out what I need. Not sure what forums I hang out in yet as just found this site. Look forward to gleaning all the knowledge I can and hopefully met some fellow riders.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    1) Micah from Weatherford, Texas
    2)Rusty weekender/ 4 times a week before the crash
    3) only two worthy of noting, a trek 3500, and now a Specialized Camber.
    4) riding off and on for just a few years, go to be a 4/week rider then shattered my collar bone a couple years ago. just now getting back into the saddle via my pump track.
    5) any and all since I just signed up...been out of the MTBR world for a bit.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hey I'm josh from Fenton,Mi
    Im a newer rider but like all mtn
    I rode bmx for awhile and now I'm onto mtn bikes
    I have two bikes, a specialized hardrock comp and a haro race one
    This is the only site I'm on and I hope to learn alot

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Howdy, from Ranong Thailand
    just bought my second Mountain Bike, a one year old basic Specialized 29er Rockhopper, found her used for a great deal.

My first MTB was a 1984 SM500 Cannondale I bought new in 1984. Lived in VA then and ripped along the Appalachian trail. (I gather that's a big no-no nowadays)
    I haven't ridden a bike in about 25 years! So I got a bit of catching up to do.
    Been touring RTW on motorcycles, looking to gradually make the shift to bicycles.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Newbies Check in Here - official thread

Hello I'm don from muncy,pa
    New rider been riding for a whopping two months.
    I like xc and some all mountain
    2013 Raleigh talus sport hard tail 29er
    I'm on here as well as single track hoping to learn a lot from y'all

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    1.) Where you are from? Scottsdale AZ but moving to Bend OR
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner/WW
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 now
    4.) How long have you been riding? 2 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? just started looking at forums
    Gravity FSX 2.0:

Add anything else you care to share.
    I want to convert my bike to a fatty.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi folks,

I am Leo, originally from Florence, Italy but have lived in FL, OH and now NJ for a number of years.

I am a couch rider if anything, but in my younger years I considered myself an XC rider with a love for the occasional steep DH, but also rode my one and only MTB as transportation both for the daily commute and the occasional vacation.

I do not own any bike right now, at least not here in the U.S. (my old Viner is in pieces at my folks' in Italy), so I am looking to find myself a retro MTB to get back in the game. I always had a soft spot for Proflex and I hope to be able and secure a K2 4000/5000, obviously not on the cutting edge of MTB technology but neither am I at 48!

While I joined a while ago I never really followed the forums, but now that the wife seems to be interested in getting on a bike the old sparkle took on a new life. I am actually planning to follow any forum that shows an interesting technical thread about anything MTB.

For a number of reasons I have always been riding bicycles (both for transportation and leisure) due to a number of reasons including age initially then awful traffic, lack of funds to buy a motor etc. and at the same time loved the outdoors, so when the first MTBs reached Italy I fell in love with them. Kind of sucks that I can't really ride a MTB for the daily commute where I live, but I guess it wouldn't be too bad to hop on one just for the weekend anyway.

Thanks for setting up this great forum!

P.S. and if you want to get rid of that old K2 4000/5000 collecting dust in your garage you know who to PM!
    Last edited by serviceguy; 4 Days Ago at 05:23 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention my name...

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Ken. Wisconsin
    Ride 4 to 5 days a week
    Cross bike for gravel and road
    Fatty for just about everything else
    This is the only forum I'm on

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Hi I'm Girish

From Ooty India
    All mtn
    1 bike (Giant XTC se)
    Riding from few months
    Mtn forums

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)

Im originally from Tampa, FL but I've been wandering around since I joines the military. Im currently in North Dakota, but will be moving overseas to Korea-Land.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

I mostly wander. I don't really follow any specific discipline of riding but I'm very interested in learning. I've owned 2 ZX6Rs: one street, one track, so the motorless two wheeled machines hold me over.

3.) How many bikes do you own?

2- a Trek 7.3FX and an Airborne Seeker coming in Wednesday.

4.) How long have you been riding?

4~5 years, on and off.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

NorthAmericanMotoring

I look forward to learning lots and breaking my ass and bank in the process.

Cheers,
    Ta