Page 296 of 301 FirstFirst ... 196 246 286 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... LastLast
Results 7,376 to 7,400 of 7524
    mtbr member
    How goes it, I'm the new kid in town...and I'm as green as they come.

My name is Brad, and I'm from Utah...I've been a dirt-bike guy my whole life, riding & racing in the deserts & mountains of Utah - and it's only been recently that the idea of picking up a mtn. bike has crossed my mind. To be honest, I sincerely haven't ridden any style of pedal bike since I was a kid...but I'm looking forward to seeing what this side of the two wheeled world has to offer.

I technically don't even own a bike yet, as my local shop just within the past week placed an order for my 1st bike...a 2014 Specialized 'Rockhopper Comp'. I still haven't even finished paying for it yet, but hopefully within the next couple months I can change that and bring it home so I can start this new adventure. I'm really not looking to get too serious with this whole thing, as I have a few other hobbies & interests that consume the majority of my time & money...more than anything I'm just hoping riding a Mtn. bike can help get me back into shape and keep me involved on two wheels now that my time on a motorcycle is starting to come to an end.

Anyway, looking forward to exploring the forums a little more and getting to know a few of you guys & girls...later!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi all, my name is Brian, I'm from south-central Ontario, Canada, and this is my first bike forum. As my forum name implies, I'm no youngster, having just bought my first MTB at the age of 60! In fact, I haven't even ridden a bike in close to 25 years!

I know it's a lower-level ride but I have a GT Karakoram 29er Sport that I am quite pleased with so far. I have had it for a month now and have ridden a little over 160 km (100 miles) on weekend jaunts. My aim is to lose a bit of weight and improve my health and physical condition, having quit smoking 2 years ago. There won't be any radical trails in my future but I do like to ride mostly off-road but on easier trails. Just getting out and riding feels great again and in just a month I know I have made progress.

I look forward to the expertise of the forum regulars and I promise not to ask too many dumb questions...

Best regards to all!
    Brian

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi,
    My name is Ray and I live in Southern Oregon. I have ridden bicycles pretty much my whole 49 years but only occasionally. I have beaten my knees up for years playing basketball and decided to try biking to recover from 2 knee surgeries. It has certainly been the most productive therapy for strengthening my legs back up.
    I bought a cheap used Raleigh Mojave 2.0 to get started with. Hopefully I can step up to a better bike soon but this one seems to fit my needs for now. I have only been riding the local biking/walking trail for a few weeks, but plan on finding some actual MTB trails soon. This is the first forum I have been to. You seem to have everything I am looking for in a biking site so I looked no further. I'm 6'2" with pretty long legs so I am investigating what to do to lengthen things out on my bike. If I move the seat up to a good height, the bars are a bit low so working on that.
    I look forward to getting going on my biking and learning from all of the experts here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Hello Everyone,

I'm from Northern CA but currently live on the Southern OR Coast.

I guess I am a AM or Trail rider…I'm not sure because before everything became so specialized we just called it mountain biking.

I currently own a Canfield N9 SS, old Soulcraft Option 3 converted to SS, Cannondale six19 road bike, and a '98 Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo that has been set up for pub crawl duty.

I have been riding bikes my whole life. My first mountain bike was a '93 GT and I have be riding in the woods ever since. Sometimes I ride a lot sometimes I don't ride for extended periods; it just depends on what life is throwing at me.

I have been lurking around MTBR for years. The forum that get my attention depends on what kind of info I want.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

New here...

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-20140615_060615.jpg
    Hello All!
    New to the forum and excited to share and learn.

I live in Nazareth, Pa
    Been riding for about 14 years off and on.
    Currently on a Trek 4500 22.5" (looking to upgrade though)
    I try to get out and ride 3 times a week provided family life allows :-)
    Love all types of riding, but lean more to cross country due to back injury years ago, trails are a little too much for my back to handle anymore.

That's about it, glad to be here though.

Trek-Monkey

9kv
    Santa Cruz Superlight
    Jul 2014
    1.) Where you are from? Cleveland, Ohio and Whitefish, Montana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Trail rider and beginning to get into XC (not racing yet though).
    3.) How many bikes you own? Just my Santa Cruz Superlight at the moment although I have owned a Diamondback Overdrive in the past.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Bikes? all my life. Mountain bikes, seriously? About 2 years.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Just this one and Reddit (where my username is also 9kv).

If someone wants to be my "mentor" on this site that'd be cool! Just PM me, I'm very friendly.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    1. Asheville nc born and raised. App state grad.
    2. Trail rider, commuter, road rider in that order
    3. Giant trance sl1 for mtb and kona jake the snake for others
    4. Mountain biking 98-2003 and 2008-2014
    5. I've browsed this forum for years and finally signed up.

Hello forum people

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hello,

1) My name is Duane and I'm from San Jose.
    2) I'm mainly a weekend warrior all mnt/trail rider.
    3) Two bikes - Cannondale Flash 1 29er (alloy) and Specalized Secteur Elite Apex
    4) Bought my mountain bike in 2012 and the road bike in 2011
    5) Mainly visit the Norcal, General and beginner forums here on MTBR

I really enjoy reading forums so thanks to all of the people here who post interesting things.

Here's a picture of my Flash on one of my favorite trails

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-entering-demo.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

trek 3700

1.Hi there my name is gerald I am from inverness in Scotland.
    2. I am a light offroad mountain biker, doing a mixture of road/offroad cycling.
    3.I own this one bike which I have had for 6 years.
    4.I have been a mountain bike rider for last 20 years.
    5.This is the only forum I have ever been on.

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-20140707_105207.jpg
    Last edited by gerri; 07-07-2014 at 09:23 AM.

mtbr member
    Please respond with:
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    1. Greetings! Im from Manila. (Philippines.)
    2. Started out as a casual road racer, then sometimes a trail rider, then sometimes a xc rider.... but nowadays, mostly a weekend warrior.
    3. 1 road and 1 fat bike. But Im using my fatty more and more now... the road bike's gathering dust.
    4. Been riding about 6 to 7 years now... on and off.
    5. Not much ... but have always found myself lurking on this one... so I figured I'd join in one of these days.... so I did.

cheers!
    Last edited by diffy; 07-24-2014 at 12:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Hello folks, Ocky here!

I was a member of mtbr.com eons ago but I'm assuming they purged the inactive users to save some bandwidth. So alas, here I am with my original screen name!

From GA, been here all my life and love the south (love the beach even more...but as luck would have it, I'm about 4.5 hours away).

Been riding bikes all of my life. Started with BMX and Freestyle and then was pulled into mountain biking in 92 and couldn't keep my bike off the trail or my nose out of a Mountain Bike Action. First ATB was a Trek 6000...still have it but have made it into a neighborhood whip (that's actually in the attic). It's got an Answer Accutrax rigid fork and Suntour XC Comp on it. Light bike and was great to learn how to ride. Ending up putting a Manitou 2 on it and loved it until the weather turned cold and my elastomers no longer worked (same for my Onza clipless pedals). Fun times..

Graduated into a Zaskar LE I built up with XTR and sold it after seeing Tinker Juarez ride a Nightstorm Klein Adroit. My irrational hard-on's for Klein's haven't stopped since. I owned a Sunburst Attitude but sold it when I went off to college. One of the biggest mistakes I can recall making!

Out of college I turned more into Road Bikes...and I kept collecting Klein's. I attended BBI in Colorado Springs for 3 weeks in 2001 and became BSE certified. Was a great experience.

Recently back from vacation where I rented a single speed cruiser to pedal around the island. Would love to get back into mountain biking at some point for a weekend warrior hobby.

Still collecting bikes...I've got a handful of Klein frames, some old GT Freestyle bikes that I had to have (the same years and colors I had as a kid). No mountain bike as of now...I sold my beat to hell 99 Attitude this past year to clear up some space...it wasn't my favorite anyway. Really interested in finding a single speed of a late 90's early 2000's mountain bike to pick up..

Anyhow, that's me!

The profile pic is my restored Gt Performer. I'll post some of my others under my profile.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Hi,
    I'm Justin from western Pennsylvania. All Mountain, Trail, XC, and a little downhill. Been riding since 1994. I joined up for the resources and knowledge we all contribute in these forums.
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hello!

The name is Jeramie, and I am from the suburbs of Detroit MI.

I am currently a mix between riding XC and Single Track/ Trail. There are some great connected parks around me with 30 miles of paved, but on days off I like to drive out to Brighton and hit the technical stuff.

I started riding regularly again in 2011 when I was succeeding at loosing weight. I had purchased a Panama Jack Beach Cruiser (to which I laugh about now). It was a pretty, but heavy and heavily impractical bike.
    Nevertheless, it made me fall in love with biking. I rode it non-stop that summer and completely wore off the tread. But I wanted more. Speed, diversity of terrain, distance.. So I bought my first "real bike", a shiny candy blue 13' Trek 3500 (of which I put 600 miles on already this season). She is now my primary bike for trail riding, as I have my Superfly built up for speed.

This is my first cycling forum, I primarily chose mtbr.com because every time I wanted to learn something or searched something on Google, I ended up right here in the forums. Some knowledgeable folks here. That and I can't see myself ever doing NEARLY as much road or bmx as mtb. MTB is just where all of the thrill and being out in nature is.

I look forward to getting to know some of you.

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-10468635_10202309568320169_2431551115465156605_n.jpgNewbies Check in Here - official thread-10441524_10202309571760255_6507312595591820657_n.jpgNewbies Check in Here - official thread-10264968_10201988069802907_4362544474865664838_n.jpgNewbies Check in Here - official thread-10353124_10202065448737332_858785288167723545_n.jpg

Angry American

Greetings from NJ

1) Hi, I'm The Coach (Sal) from Central NJ. I actually joined back in 2007 , but finally got around to buying a bike.

2) I guess you could call me a semi-beginner since I haven't been on a bike in about 40 years. I had a 10 speed that I rode to work after my discharge from the Air Force.

3) I have one bike, a Trek Marlin 5 that I just bought last week. I just need to get back in shape and running is very bad for my back and knees. Hopefully, I won't get stupid and go crazy like I did with my other addictions (custom knives and flashlights).

4) I started riding about 60 years ago, but like they say, once you learn.....

5) I usually visit the USN, Men's Room, JerzeeDevil, Darts Nutz and Candlepower forums. I look forward to learning about bikes and getting back in shape before my fall basketball conditioning program starts.
    There are two kinds of people in this country, Americans and people who live in America.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Ok, I will post and "be official"

Please respond with:
    1.) Where you are from? New Jersey
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? weekend warrior (how rides mostly during the week
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4 Gary Fisher Sugar, 93 ish specialized rock hopper, miyata 310 (SS townie now) 2009 (?) Jamis quest le
    4.) How long have you been riding? mtn 20 years, road 30 + years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) here (luker now member) and mtbnj

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Vancouver BC!

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

Beginner!

Not enough! (2)

Does childhood count? Maybe a few months since?

AZBilliards

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi All! Vlad here from north metro Atlanta, GA: Roswell... Been riding and loving bikes since I can remember and finally getting into 'real' mountain biking now that I'm all grown up! Mostly single track on the weekends... I had a hardtail 29er last year and recently upgraded to a FS! Picked up a 2013 Kona Hei Hei 29er for an amazing deal and haven't been happier! I have never really been into forums much before, just coming across one here and there while googling obscure things, but this place is such a cool community! I am excited to learn and contribute however I can!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Newbies Check in Here - official thread

Hi my name is Ron and I ride to work and back through the woods on my Genesis Fortitude 29er which is 2 years old now and I'm looking to get another mountain bike and get more into riding. I'm 63 years old and not sure wether I should go full sus or hard tail due to my age only ever having ridden rigid before. Hope to find answers to all my questions on this forum and meet like minded friends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I'm a professor and most of my riding is commuting 3 miles to work. I ride a 1997 Rans recumbent but I need to upgrade to a regular commuting bike because my neighborhood put in &^#$%$# speedbumps that really kill my back on the 'bent.

I want a commuter that is really low-maintenance and won't get grease on my pant leg. I really like this:

Low-maintenance go-anywhere bike?

with a 14 speed hub and a belt instead of a chain.

mtbr member

Newbies Check in Here - official thread

Hey guy's and girl's,

My name is Brent Dillingham. I am a 28 year old from Taft, CA. I ride a little bit of everything but mostly all mountain type stuff as of late. I have a Raleigh Phase 2 all mountain bike. Bought it after riding a Santa Cruz v-10 for a couple years. Here to gain knowledge and find some people to ride with. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi.
    Dave, Toowoomba Qld Australia, Mountain bike, cross country. Been riding 5 years. Mostly get to go by myself. Looking for some riding buddies. 56 years old but I get around OK. Only one bike. Esperia hardtail. My only competition is myself to the quality of the machine is not too important.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    1.) Where you are from? Rowlett, Tx
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginnerish
    3.) How many bikes you own?2
    4.) How long have you been riding?just recently go into mountain biking
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? silverfishlongboarding

Add anything else you care to share.
    just recently bought specialized pitch[27.5]

this was bought at a garage sell for $30 so it is my goofing off or now a lender bike when someone wants to go and dont have a bike!

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Canadian Newbie

Hey all,

I'm 17 years old from Alberta, Canada (the flat part), and am a beginner/intermediate mountain biker. I've been doing cross-country biking for a while, about 5 years, but just recently got into downhill riding. I own two bikes, a 2013 Marin Bolinas Ridge hardtail and a 2001 Santa Cruz Bullit for beating myself up...

Sorry no Bullit picture; it's at the bike shop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-img_0241.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi there MTBR,

1) I'm from Oregon, but spent most of the past decade all over California
    2) I'm a weekend rider, typically all mountain and trails. Used to do BMX as a wayward youth
    3) Just the one - a ProFlex 857 that's close to 17 years old
    4) The training wheels came off before I turned 3
    5) Anything related to the outdoors

Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    With the change in the posting requirements, we've created this thread here for newbies to introduce yourself.

Hopefully this will unite all the "hello there" or "checking in" threads currently popping up here in the general forum.

Please respond with:

Add anything else you care to share.

And feel free to post a photo of your bike or even better, you riding your bike on your local/favorite trail!

Thanks,

-gregg

ADDENDUM: DO NOT TRY TO PAD YOUR POST COUNT HERE! THEY WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFRACTION! NO TESTING EITHER. It's really not that hard to find 5 already existing threads to reply to.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    1) Oxnard, CA
    2) beginner what ever trail I can find.
    3) 1999 Novara (ya its old)
    4) rode all though HS then I got a car. Now at 30 want to get back into it.
    5) JKowners and infectiousoffroad.com, Ya im a jeep guy but cant afford the gas to go anymore.