Page 211 of 289 FirstFirst ... 111 161 201 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 221 261 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,275 of 7203
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    New guy here, just getting back into MTB after quite a few years.
    I lived in CO for 13 years and was a pretty avid XC and DH rider since the trails are all pretty awesome out there.
    I had an older Trek 4900 that I rode when I was in CO but left it out there and have been bikeless for a few years.
    So today I just went to my LBS and picked up a '13 Trek Wahoo and I'm pretty confident I got a decent bike for what I intend to do.
    Figured I would get in with a forum since that's what I do with all my other interests, anyways, hello!

1.) Woodstock, GA now
    2.) all mountain/trail riding i guess
    3.) Just the one
    4.) since 2003
    5.) No other forums pertaining to MTB, but a Subaru forum and Reef Aquarium forum

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'm Daniel, 31, from Los Angeles, CA. I'm mostly cross country rider, but I enjoy all kinds ...very novice/intermediate skills. I have 2 bikes, a 2011 Trek Paragon, and I've just ordered a Niner WFO. I've been riding for about 5 years, off and on. I'm here to learn and get better.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I am George from Newark,Ca. Its here in the East Bay.
    I am just a weekend warrior 29 er trail rider,with the kids.
    We have 3 bikes
    I rode BMX most of my life and owned a Univega mountain bike for a while. Just getting back into it after about 13 years. My current bike is a 2013 Hardrock Sport
    This is the only forum that I visit at this time.

Well just getting back into bikes, My kids are at the age where they want to ride now. So from what I have read here lots of things have changed over the years. So I need to soak up all the good knowledge that I have been reading here.
    Be glad to help out where I can and will need lots of help as I go along also.
    Glad I found this place.
    George

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1.) Where you are from? Newark, De
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? seriously riding 6 months
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? beer, photography, video, delaware threads.

OPC
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hi, My name is Oscar

I live in Murrieta Ca
    I probably a newb, but I have been riding on and off for years, just starting to get back into it again (at 38)
    I have 3 bikes, a Cannondale Caad 9-5, Redline Monogoc 29er (with 22 teeth granny haha) and a Giant Trance X2
    I have been riding my road bike for a couple of years, but school and a small business with the wife prevent me from riding too much. I work 10 miles away so on the summers I will ride my bike to work.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hi names darrin
    minneapolis, mn
    xc, all mtn
    1 bike motobecane fly team
    first forum

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Im Lance
    Smiths Grove, Ky
    xc, all mountain
    1 bike (just ordered 2013 Cannondale Rz120 1)
    MTBR, Pinkbike, VitalMTB, Vurboffroad, Digitaloffroad
    Been riding on and off since 2005, but looking to get back into mountain biking pretty seriously again!

why oh why am i doing thi
    Jan 2013
    hi,i`m Rob from manchester,England,

i am just coming back into it after havin kids and getting married,

i have a trek y5,a grissley mega 30,saracen tufftrax,and few other frames and parts.

i have been riding since i was about 10 properley,i`m now 41.

i go on retrobike,vwt4 forum,and pistonheads.

mtbr member
    1.) I'm from Cleveland, Ohio.
    2.) I am an intermediate XC and beginner DH rider.
    3.) 1 road and 1 mountain. Both Jamis.
    4.) 6 years
    5.) This is the first forum I have joined. I hope to learn more about bikes.

Here is a picture of my bike. She just got powder coated. Getting a new Rock Shox Revelation fork in a few days.

mtbr member
    1.) Where you are from? Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Was active in my teens, gave it up for a while and now I'm back! A beginner again, all XC, hopefully on a fatbie.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4
    4.) How long have you been riding? 25yrs
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? MTBR/Pinkbike/some others

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello to all. My name is Eric from Ponce, Puerto Rico. I have been ridding on the trails for more than 30 years. Early on enduro motorcycles and then mountain bikes for the last 15 years. Bicycles, I have had several. Now only one, the one that I need.
    So, enjoy your ride and enjoy the outdoors.

Knob scrubber
    Hey everyone, my name is Aaron, I'm from Brisbane, Australia. I've been riding for about 5 years, but have only gotten serious about it in the last 2.5 years. I'm mainly into trail riding with the odd all day xc adventure, or enduro race thrown in. I've had a few bikes now, all 26", I'm currently testing 29ers and having a ball doing it.

mtbr member
    New guy here. I know nothing about bicycles. Been riding motorcycles for years. Buddies with Muxherdlr.

1.) I'm from New Orleans. Moving to Asheville, NC soon.
    2.) I am a beginner rider. Moslty plan on just riding around and having fun.
    3.) I own 0 bikes
    4.) Since I was 3. Haven't had a bike in about 2 years.
    5.) I mostly stay om m/c forums.

mtbr member
    1.) Vancouver, BC
    2.) Beginner... Haven't mtb in well ever, wanting to get into something to compliment my winter hiking obsession and summer obsession with hiking
    3.) One road hybrid bike
    4.) Since I was little, mtb not at all,
    5.) Just lurk around here, pinkbikes, random others

Looking to get a bike hoping people here can help, now to find my 4 other posts so i can post in the noob forum

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey guys, happy New Year! I'm Joe and a complete newbie to mountain biking.

1. From Lake Worth, FL (near West Palm/Ft. Lauderdale). Originally from NYC area, have lived in FL for 14 years now.
    2. Total beginner looking to do local singletrack trails (and get in shape). Was big into road biking in my early teen years but that was 30 years ago!!
    3. Just got my one and only bike, a Diamondback Overdrive 29'er, got a killer deal from Amazon right after Christmas.
    4. A week.
    5. So far this is the only bike related forum I'm a member of.

Have logged about 20 miles in the past week on local streets and some dirt/grass access roads. Hoping to hit Quiet Waters in the next few weeks and get my first taste of real trail riding!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    My name is Robert from El Monte,ca. My preference is BMX but I can appreciate any quality bicycle. I have a couple of mountain bikes, Jekyll 800, Ross Mt.Whitney, Rodriguez tandem and 1 I need help identifying. All of my riding includes my 17 year old son, I'm lucky he likes hanging out with me. BMXSociety.com is where I spend most of my time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Allo.

Greetings, Earthlings.

My name is Patrick.

1.) Where you are from? Boise, ID
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Competent, yet deliberate
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? since 1988
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Nothing so far, but probably will peruse the Idaho forums.

For the record, I am an Idahoan who does not believe in Bigfoot.

Thanks,

pc

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    G'day, i'm michael from australia. I have been on bikes continuously since a kid and have ridden a lot at times and not so much since having kids. This year i have gotten back on a road bike, and have found the benefit to my health enormous. In six months i have gone from a 38" waist to a 36" and i wasn't even trying.

My brother has just started racing mountain bikes and he has talked me into getting back on the dirt - and probably doing a few races with him. I am a bit bewildered by the choice in bikes out there on the market. It was easy 15 years ago when i was last on the dirt - all the bikes were pretty similar. I'm still trying to look thru all the marketing hype and am here currently to try to get some advice on buying a bike and setting it up. I find suspension particularly confusing!

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Horse View Post
    G'day, i'm michael from australia. I have been on bikes continuously since a kid and have ridden a lot at times and not so much since having kids. This year i have gotten back on a road bike, and have found the benefit to my health enormous. In six months i have gone from a 38" waist to a 36" and i wasn't even trying.

My brother has just started racing mountain bikes and he has talked me into getting back on the dirt - and probably doing a few races with him. I am a bit bewildered by the choice in bikes out there on the market. It was easy 15 years ago when i was last on the dirt - all the bikes were pretty similar. I'm still trying to look thru all the marketing hype and am here currently to try to get some advice on buying a bike and setting it up. I find suspension particularly confusing!
    top-ten best user name ever in my book.

may i suggest a simple steel 29er hardtail with front suspension. similar to this, if they're available down under:

2012 JAMIS BICYCLES - DRAGON 29 SPORT

happy trails!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello all! Name is Ryan I am originally from Manhasset, LI - took a hiatus from riding for the past 8 years (focused on offroad riding and track racing in cars) - but now that I live in Hoboken, NJ I have gotten my 2001 Specialized P.3 tuned up and brought back to life - love my bike and love to ride!

Tread lightly!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsP3 View Post
    Hello all! Name is Ryan I am originally from Manhasset, LI - took a hiatus from riding for the past 8 years (focused on offroad riding and track racing in cars) - but now that I live in Hoboken, NJ I have gotten my 2001 Specialized P.3 tuned up and brought back to life - love my bike and love to ride!

Tread lightly!
    Forgot to say my -preference now is greenbelts with some jumps thrown in here or there (Hence the P.3 usage) - I am a fairly competent rider.
    I own 2 bikes - the main daily rider is my Sepcialized P.3 and I have a Huffy Backwater for those poor weather days but still keep it nice - will be reviving my 1999 Specialized Rockhopper soon for my Fiance!
    Been riding since 1990 casually - full blown trails/jumps since 1996

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Thanks mate. I have been looking at the local courses my brother wants me to race on, and they are very flat - i am guessing a hardtail is going to be the way to go even for an old bloke like me. I am currently on a carbon road bike, and i have been amazed by the ability of the frame to soak up road chatter - and some of the local roads are absolute goat-tracks. In fact, i often have to ride a bit of dirt. With modern frames with more vertical compliance and bigger wheels, i can see you could do a lot more now on a hardtail. And they are cheaper, simple and light - all of which appeals to me. I wonder if we'll see Trek use something like theroad Domane frame to build a hardtail mountain bike that effectively has the suspension built into the frame.

But i can also see that the trails my brother rides are very technical and steep (they are ski fields in winter). I can already see that i'll end up with two bikes! A XC hardtail and something with more suspension later on for riding with the little brother in the mountains.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    My name is Santiago and I am a mountain bike rider from Mexico. I have been riding casually since I was very young. After almost a year of no riding, I decided to upgrade to a new bike. I owned a 99(ish) Specialized Hard Rock 15', since I had this bike since I was 14, it had already become a bit small for me. Yesterday I decided to buy a new (used) bike that fits me better and has better quality components. Got a VERY good deal with a Cannondale Flash Carbon 29er. I test rode it and it felt like a bike meant for me, maybe too much bike for my skills but the price was very low for my country.
    Since I am really excited with the new bike, I decided to join this community which seems nice and friendly, to get more involved in the MTB world and take better care of the bike.
    My other passion is cars. I am a rally co-driver in the local championship. I spend a lot of time in car forums.

Custom user titty
    Dec 2012
    Hey, from Houston Texas
    and I suppose I'd be a weekend trail rider for now
    just the one bike
    I've been riding since I could walk
    This, and others for other interests

I bent and cracked the wheel on my other bike last time out, and the suspension was worn out, so I have a Gary Fisher Fat Possum LX that is on the way from Iowa, should be here next week--

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Hey all, I'm from Jacksonville, FL but I'm in Orlando for school. I'm a beginner who had one bike (ended up being a faulty bike), so I'm currently looking for my first. I don't frequent any other biking forums but I do frequent poker forums.

Jordan