Page 204 of 301 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 214 254 ... LastLast
Results 5,076 to 5,100 of 7503
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    - Hello, I'm from the Phoenix metro area, Arizona
    - Been riding since my teenage years, late 80's
    - Love to ride in Sedona AZ, it is beautiful and accessible from Phx. Always a great time to ride and enjoy the scenery with the wife and kid in Sedona
    - I Enjoy the cross country terrain I guess. What is the difference betw all mtn and cross country?
    - Trails here that I frequent are McDowell Mtns, White Tanks, Trail 100, Diem Hills
    - Still rocking the 99 Specialized Stumpjumper hardtail. Best upgrade so far, raceface xc crankset. - - - Would like to upgrade the forks, the manitou sx with the yellow foam "elastomer" is not as plush as it was 12 years ago! Suggestions welcome!
    - In the past, rode a rigid Miyata and a Bontrager Privateer. Loved the Privateer, was a great cromoly bike but was stolen many years ago. Really enjoy the lightweight and climbing nature of my old Specialized hardtail
    - I also love to ride offroad dirtbikes, have a couple of those. Currently recovering from broken arm that I suffered labor day weekend, so the bike is good physiotherapy right now.
    - Hope to return to motorized two-wheeled recreation in January. thumpertalk.com is the forum of choice for me regarding motorcycles.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-042.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi there, I'm located in the East Bay Area, getting to know some of the trails around here (a bit frustrated about feeling that MTB is almost illegal in every park). I frequent Joaquin Miller, Tamarancho, etc.

From the early 90's that I ride, always loved going down as fast as I could, now called all-mountain...

I own a Cannondale Jekyll 2 2012, enjoying the bike a lot. This was an upgrade from my 10 year old SuperV500.
    Cannondale Jekyll 2 Carbon 2012
    Cannondale SuperV500 2000

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    1.) Mark from New Hampshire.
    2.) Beginner
    3.) 1 soon to be 2
    4.) Been riding about 5 years on and off
    5.) Mtbr

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hey MTBR!

1.) Born and raised in California. Currently working in Dongguan, China. Quiet an experience!
    2.) I consider myself a beginner rider, just got my first real MTB a few months ago.
    3.) I own a total of 2 bikes. One FUJI MTB and a fixie.
    4.) Been riding over half a year. Most of the time is commute to work in a battlefield called Chinese traffic.
    5.) MTBR.com of course! Been lurking on here for a while now.

Addition: Been working in China for around 3 years now, have finally decided to get a MTB to take as a hobby on the weekends. I use to ride Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R in the US, but motorcycles are banned in the province where I live, Dongguan, due to theft. The thieves would ride their motorcycles and grab purses from unsuspected women. Unfortunately, from what I have heard, these girls would die hanging on to their purses while getting dragged to death.

The MTB community is quite big here though, but most of the bikes I have seen are either Giant, Merida or Mosso. Haven't seen any Trek, Specialized, GT, etc... I myself have a Fuji Nevada 5.0 ST. Unfortunately, after I bought it, I've found out this is a women's version of the Nevada! I guess I'll just ride it until I feel I am ready for an upgrade.

Well, its Saturday and I got to get back to work so (China labor laws ) , see you guys / gals around!

Richard

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi! My name is Charlie from Richmond, VA. Started riding in 1991 but took a lot of time off from '96-2010. I am an average rider, not horrible but still have to put my foot down and walk certain sections of trails. I ride a trail near my home in Richmond, VA: Buttermilk, Forest Hill Park, North Bank Trail about 10 miles a few times a week.
    I own a Trek Fuel EX 8 and a road bike. Flats on the MTB and clip less on the road.
    Have had a lot of fun searching the site and reading all of the great information and figured it was time to register and post on my own.
    Thanks for having me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I'm Chris from Kansas City, Missouri! First, I would like to say this is an excellent forum with lots of great information. The awesome input on this site helped me with my first purchase.

1) Actually I live in Lees Summit but have lived in Missouri my entire life.
    2) beginner on the trails but have been riding on the road for about 6 years
    3) I own two bikes, my Trek 2200 and my yet to be ridden Scott Scale 960. It's not very mountainous in my neck of the woods but we still have several awesome, and sometimes technical trails around, such as Swope Park and Landahl.
    4) Before getting into Mountain bikes and lurking in this forum I also frequented Roadbikereview and bikeforums.net. Oh, and the cigarbid forum!

I'd post a pic of the bike but I don't have the required posts. Haven't had a chance to take one with me on it yet anyway. Thanks to all of you for guiding my awesome purchase! If you live in the area I recommend a visit to Ariel at Leawood Bicycles. Even if you don't purchase anything he has great stories! (Can I put in a plug or is that a bad thing here?)

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello,

1)Name is TJ.
    2)I ride a Trek rig single speed 29r. I am a cross over rider from offroad motorcycle racing. Mostly enduros and Hare scramble type racing. Just bought the bike in the Spring of 12(used) and started riding this year. Did a couple of races and really like the atmosphere around this type of racing and riding.
    3)GT avalanche-OLD and heavy and trek rig
    4) First bike(pedal) forum. I like ktmtalk, thumpertalk- offroad stuff.

I would like to build a bike this winter however I really know nothing about this industry. So, I am looking to build another 29r but carbon hard tail. I am going to get my five post in and start a thread in the 29r forum of where members can make suggestions.

Please keep a couple things in mind when you post your suggestions. My budget is not unlimited and spending will be kept from my wife! I would like a bike that I can make into a single speed or geared. I need help on where to spend extra money on important parts and where to be frugle. Thanks for the future help!

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

New to forum

1.) Where you are from? NY
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Xcountry racer
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4 - Ridley Excalibur road, felt cross-bike, trek 6000 hardtail, just getting trek superfly
    4.) How long have you been riding? 10+
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Don't frequent too many.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hi, I'm Stewart in Toronto. I mostly ride local trails. I've got a couple of bikes at the moment - a 2011 Fisher Sawyer, and a very stately Batavus roadster for commuting. I first started riding in Scotland in the late 1980s, where I learned the joys of cleaning mud out of seatstay-mounted U-brakes.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hello,

I'm Matt from Northern DE
    3 Bikes - 2 GF 29er Hardatails one SS one geared, & an old Steel Schwinn road bike
    Been riding for about 13 Years Intermediate All Mtn/Trail rider
    Mostly Ride White Clay/Middle Run and Fair Hill

I do have a friend who recently moved to Bel Air MD and we want to ride down that way. I think years ago a rode Susquehanna and remember it being hilly and technical is it still decent? I have also read some about Gunpowder State Park? Any suggestions of places in the Bel Air area would be appreciated.

mtbr member

ready to ride

Jess from east bay area
    all mtn/trail rider
    currently own one bike
    been riding for a few years
    first time on a forum

looking for some suggestions for beginner or intermediate trails to try in the bay area if anyone has any suggestions...enjoy singletrack and a challenge. I am up for anything and everything!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-c_13_lexi.jpg  

Old N Slow
    Hello All new to the forms, I'm 46 M 6'5" 240-250 with gear on. Looking to get back into riding trails / freeride. I'm from a BMX back ground, as in racing not dirt jumping. I ride a Trek Y-11 old school I know. Thinking of getting a new ride, but that's for a different form.
    I ride in the PA / MD area. Thanks for having me :-)

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Evening all, Pete here.

A fairly new mountain biker from NW UK, i'm just finishing a build of my first proper MTB, i'm an engineer so don't tend to follow the conventional route.

I will be posting a thread of my build in the 29'er forum where i'll probably hang out most.

Pete

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1.) Where you are from?
    Seattle, WA

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    Rusty. Rode a lot as a teenager, but took 10 years off. Started bike commuting 20 or so days a year for the past three years. Now I have a new job where that isn't possible, so I converted my commuter back into a full fledged mountain bike again. Now, after two awesome days out riding trails in the past three weeks, I'm back and totally hooked on mountain biking again.

3.) How many bikes you own?
    Just one. A '96 Specialized Stumpjumper, which was a bike that my 13 year old self would have sold a kidney for. I love it.

4.) How long have you been riding?
    About three years after about a 10 year hiatus.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    I lurk on a few car and music forums, but I signed up here to figure out what I can upgrade on my bike to help me enjoy mountain biking even more.

Photo was taken at Fort Ebey State Park on Whidbey Island in Washington.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-photo-23-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Name's Brad, I'm currently living in Tempe AZ. I've been a big fan of this fourm for several years now, just never as a contributing member. I wish that I was here on better pretense, but I just had my new Surly Moonlander stolen and I'd like to get the info out to as many people as possible.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1.) Where you are from?
    Southeast
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    Not really sure yet. Very rusty to be sure. all mtn/trail rider, if I had to choose right off.
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    None presently but in the market
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    Rode a bmx-esque bike daily and extensively as a young kid until I ultimately wore out and outgrew it as an older kid. Quiet neighbourhood streets, extensive undeveloped forest, stream floodplain, and few yard fences made for a playground I miss today.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi all, been lurking for quite a while and thought I'd be more social.
    1) I live about an hour west of Chicago
    2) I'd say cross country, not much for mountains in these parts
    3) Still have my old early '90s GT but its not rideable at the moment. My current bike is a 2009 Gary Fisher Wahoo.
    4) I've ridden bikes all my life but didn't get into MTB until about 3 years ago.
    5) Mostly frequent this site or my local MTB forum.

Scott

mtbr member
    Hello all,
    Newb MTB'er. Long time rider.

Found a trail. Found a bike. Can't stay off trail w/ bike. Think about trail al the time. Wife is pissed. She'll get over it.

mtbr member

Picture posting requirement

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what is the point of requiring 10 posts before a user can attach a picture to a post? This seems a little odd when the subject matter here just about always requires a picture to add context to a post.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Checking In

Hello all,

1.) I live in Medford, OR; but I moved most recently from Bend
    2.) I like to ride bikes. Especially on dirt, but some of my favorite rides have been on my Scott CR1 (they've included dirt road link-ups, mind you!)
    3.) I own four bikes.
    4.) I've been riding seriously (not that I take it that seriously...) for 5 years.
    5.) I'm a forum newb. In the past I've only gotten on forums when I had a specific question. Google is always faithful to direct me to just the right forum for answers...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-dane-samuel-sun.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Greetings MTBR,

1.) I live in Southeast PA
    2.) XC though I am intending to live near some mountains soon enough!
    3.) I own one bike a GT STS
    4.) I consider myself a beginner at the moment though I used to be a avid WW
    5.) I'm hip to forums, been a member at bimmerforums.com for years so when I picked up my new ride I figure I'd need all the wisdom and tech support I can find!

Trying to post pictures over on the GT sub forum, so check there soon!

redneck
    Dec 2012
    hi all. my name is josh and im from des moines iowa. i rode bikes all the way up to jr high. got away from them in highschool and now 15 years later im looking to get back on one. i ride pretty much any trail i can but where i live thos are pretty much all concrete. the good trails are hiking only for some reason. Currently i dont have a bike but come spring i will be getting one from walmart or craigs list. i think its crazy spending 300+ on a bike! lol unless im making money with it some how, the old school no suspension bikes work just fine for me. besides this forum, i also frequent hikingforum.com, bassproshop.com. other hobbies are hiking, camping, hunting, fishing, and generaly staying outdoors as much as possible.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hi, my name is Kyle.

I live in middle TN but mountain bike quite often in Chattanooga.
    I ride mostly XC in middle TN but enjoy the rough stuff in western NC the most. I also road ride quite a bit.
    I have a Yeti ASR 7 as my sole mountain bike but would like to get a dedicated XC race bike to better suit the riding where I live. Also have a Surly commuter and a De Rosa road bike.
    I am a weekend warrior type rider. Raced road bikes competitively growing up but do it more for fun now.
    I don't post on any forums but read MTBR quite a bit for technical advice so thought it would be good to post.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    New member here living in NE Ohio. Long time cyclist mainly on the road with a few MTB miles under me as well. Recently I picked up a Surley Pugs and I came here primarily for the active Fat Bike sub forum.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi Kyle.... ( 8 more posts to go)