Page 15 of 301 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    SxB
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    sorry but now i can post pictures.
    here for the aggravation above.

Trance X4 on the trails by EvanAndrewPhoto, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Hello from Nor-cal and Reno

1.) Been in Reno for the last 10yrs but moved back home to Rocklin CA last week.
    2.) All mountain/XC?Trail
    3.) 3 bikes, Felt Q620 Hardtail and Cannondale RZ 140 One Lefty (Wife rides a Niner WFO)
    4.) Weekend worrior since high school fully commited about 2yrs ago when sold my rock crawler
    5.) I lurk everywhere always trying to find new rides and gain insight

Bike pics to come

mtbr member
    Hi, I'm James

1.) From Dorset in the UK
    2.) I'm currently a newbie and will see where that takes me!
    3.) Just bought a new Cannondale Trail SL 29
    4.) Rode my Muddy Fox all the time in my teens, and then took 15 years off
    5.) UK based BikeRader where I'm another newbie!
    2011 Cannondale Trail SL2 29

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SxB View Post
    post 11
    I think the whole point of the minimum post count is your are supposed to make that many productive contributing posts.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My name is Alex go by vto, just picked up this 2011 fuji nevada 2.0, I was looking for a good bike since I am as new as the come to all this, like riding been riding since I can remember but nothing to get in to like now, from Miami FL, now living in Grand Rapids MI hoping to gain a lot of knowledge here, never joined any other bike sites, hope everyone here is as cool as they seem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-img_0224.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm from Michigan. I got into mountain biking through friends I met at school.

I'm riding a 2001 K2 Attack. It's pretty worn out, but being a broke college student, I hope to ride it until I can afford something better.

Have a good ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I am a newbie. Just joined today...I ride a 29er hard tail (gary fischer) and I am not hardcore. I enjoy riding very much, and I live in Denver,

mtbr member
    Hello all!

1.) Where you are from? Wisconsin
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner again
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 (second is 90s department store bike that must go now!)
    4.) How long have you been riding? What does this mean? First time on bike??? I am 39, so awhile
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This, Dodge Cummins Forum other Mopar Musclecar forums...

Just picked up a 2000 GT Rebound on craigslist for $75, put a chain on it and clean/lubed/adjusted it. Love it!

Just trying to get back in shape

Thanks all,

Don

mtbr member
    Oh, let me see if I can post a pic?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-100_3725.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Whew... you guys know how to make someone work just to introduce themselves!

1.) Where you are from?
    Currently stationed at MCRD Parris Island with the Marine Corps in Beaufort, SC!

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    A very inexperienced one who desperately wants to become better. Typically I ride locally which is singletracks and mostly flat terrain. Heading up to NC to ride the Pirahna pit this weekend though!

3.) How many bikes you own?
    Just one... my baby

4.) How long have you been riding?
    Three months... Started off on a Giant Revel 2 thinking Mountain Biking sounded like a great time but had no idea how quickly I'd want to upgrade. Literally had my Revel for 2.5 months and had to sell it because I wanted 29er and disc brakes. Picked up my new ride today; 2012 Giant Talon 29er

5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    This one.

PICS!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-001.jpg  

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-006.jpg  

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-007.jpg  

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-004.jpg  

SxB
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSlow35th View Post
    I think the whole point of the minimum post count is your are supposed to make that many productive contributing posts.
    looks like i started a trend. does that count as productive?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

What's up everyone,

I'm apparently new to this forum site...

1.) Im from North Tustin
    2.) all mtn/trail rider
    3.) I currently own one bike (Specialized FSR) however in the market for a new bike.
    4.) Ive ridden bikes my whole life: raced BMX (ABA) when I was a kid and now avidly ride all mountain.
    5.) new to the forum realm.

Add anything else you care to share.

Love riding Laguna, hitting the chairs at resorts, and anywhere with some sick trails.

Thanks,

-Ryan

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Newbie here

First post here, just signed up, Living in Midwest, Indiana, I guess you could call me a weekend warrior. I have 3 bikes but my pride and joy is my new (old) Turner 5 Spot. It is my first FS bike coming from a Kona Hoss Hardtail it is quite a change. I signed up because I was looking for info on the Turners and you can't do a search unless you are a member. I race XC in the Dino series here in Indiana in the Clydesdale class so it is mostly for the fun of it. We have some great trails here in Indiana but someday would love to make out to the West coast and do some riding. Been riding Mountain bikes for about 20 yrs, started out on a green Fuji Discovery that I still have and kick around on in the street with the wife and make runs to the grocery with when I attach my BOB trailer to it. Looking forward to learning more here as I am my own mechanic and do all my own work.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Gainesville, FL

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?beginner, weekend warrior
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1

4.) How long have you been riding? Just getting back into it after years

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) n/a

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey y'all*

name is Kevin and I'm 18 yrs old.*

1.) Jacksonville, Florida (grew up in Philippines)*
    2.) Im an all mtn/trail rider
    3.) I currently have 2 bikes but I'm gonna buy a new one this weekend. (its the Motobecane Phantom DS Trial)
    4.) Almost 5 years now.*
    5.) This is my first time posting here, so yeah.... *

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Another Newbie

1.) Where you are from? Dutchess County, New York

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend Warrior, just purchased my first 29er (Marin Alpine) cant wait for it to arrive...

3.) How many bikes you own? 2 - Schwinn Mesa GT/Marin Apline 29er. Purchased first bike last year - Mtn bike, by accident really - looking for a bike on craig's lsit to excercise..Schwinn Mesa GT - had rock shocks so i grabbed some buddies into mtn biking and took off to the trails...

4.) How long have you been riding? 18 months

5.) What forums do you frequent most? just startiung out in forums...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Greetings

Hey all,
    Just started using this forum as a resource as I decided to start fixing my bike myself. I basically know very little about bike and their parts, but I'm extremely handy and mechanically inclined.
    As of now I am attempting to replace my bottom bracket. Yup, jumping right in with both feet.

Tim
    NYC
    2004 Gary Fisher Dual Sport 229

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Old lady

Hi all,

Nice to be here...

Im a never grown up 37 year old woman living in the foothills of the sierra nevada in spain. Many moons ago I was an avid BMX girl, racing most weekends, until my Mum took me out of the sport deeming it too dangerous (worries about my poor wrists and knees).

But for many years I have yearned to get back into the saddle and have started to do so with my son who is 14, but hes not that interested in it to be honest.

Anyway, I have an old cheap hardtail claud butler stone river at the moment, and wanted to pass that on to my son and get something that I could ride. The trails here are quite steep and really rocky and on claud I keep loosing grip on the rear tyre, going downhill is ok but the same happens there too...

I have no cash flow at the mo and have been looking at some cheap replacements and wanted some advice

which bike should I choose?

I have been look at a Gotty Via hardtail and a Nordic fs bike .. both a similar price but which one should I go for?

really a story of hardtail v fs..

I would love some advice.. so please help me out here!!!

Ta

Vicky

mtbr member
    May 2007

First post.

1.) Where you are from? Indianapolis,Indiana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend warrior
    3.) How many bikes you own? 5, 1-FS, 1 road, 1 single speed, i commuter, 1 longtail in the making.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 15 years seriously
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? here. naxja.org, ar15.com, ingunowners.com, expeditionportal.com, theakforum.net

I took a break from cycling for awhile. I am starting to get back into things and really enjoy the sport. I kind of like oddball bikes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Leesburg, Virginia
    2.) I am a
    3.) A Big Fat Zero, Looking to get one
    4.) I rode when I was a kid, but getting back into it now
    5.) This is the site that I will visit. No others as of yet.

I rode when I was younger. Now that I have kids, I want to take them out. I nlive near the W&OD trail. So it should make some good riding for them.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

New to MTB!

1.) From Tallahasee, FL
    2.) Beginner rider
    3.) Own 1 bike: Cannondale F7
    4.) 2 weeks
    5.) On this site a lot for much helpful information

my favorite trail so far has been RedBug Trail

/Users/samhajjar/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2011/Jul 28, 2011/IMG_0127.JPG

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Laugh all you want, I just bought an old rigid GT Pantera for $45. I used to have one of these growing up and loved it. Figured I'd upgrade some parts and ride the hell out of it until I can afford something nice. Just getting back into riding now that I am divorced!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from?
    The Hague, the Netherlands. Not many mountains here but you can ride everywhere!

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    With growing up kids and a busy job I prosper every moment I am able to ride my bike. Those are rare moments I hardly have time for, so usually I ride out of my house into the dunes (I live near the sea) or on one of the local mountainbike tracks here in the western part of the Netherlands.

One old KHS hardtail mountainbike, a Rocky Mountain Blizzard that is to be completed, and two typical Dutch city bikes.

Since 1990, with some breaks.

5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    This one and a local Dutch forum: mountainbike.nl

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hi everybody!

Hi everybody!

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)

I live in Germany/Europe and my wife and me are looking forward to do some cycling in the U.S.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

We did quite a lot of self supported rides in different countries such as Turkey, India, Oman, Canada and different european countries

My wife and me in total have 8 bikes (road bikes, MTBs, bikes for the every day use and so on...)

Since we met 13 years ago we do rides almost every summer vacation in different countries

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

I just registered to this forum today because we are planning a biketrip to the Northwest of the U.S.

We thought of following the ACAs Sierra Cascades Bicycle Route

We fly into Vancouver, B.C. and will spend 5 weeks on our bikes. We were thinking of not just following the route above (which is just on paved roads). Instead it would be nice, to have some offroad sections on the way. Because we don't have a car we don't want to make any loops (without a car there is no need to go back to the carpark, ey?) but instead go from A to B on some nice trails in the area.

Any help ist very welcome!

LUTZ & Ulla

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey, my names alex im from western pa right around Moraine State Park.
    Ive been riding for as long as i can remember and have always had a bike. I started riding bmx but after highschool that turned into alittle more freeride. Now i just eat up the trails
    I have 1.5 bikes, a cannondale 9er and a jamis parker that i took apart to rebuild and never got put together again.
    I look at alot of bike forms but i must say i look at VW 2.5 forms the most

Page 15 of 301 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 65 115 ... LastLast