Page 13 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    hello mtbr forums ,

i am new in here , my name is Florian and iam 29 years old

i got a huge passion for old bikes !!

at the moment i got 5 bikes from the early 90s

i dont ride to much since i cant go off road , i got bad ankels since a long time

i hope i can soon share some pictures with you here

greets from bavaria

florian

mtbr member
    I have lurked for many months and appreciate of all the great informative posts and many of the nonsensical one as well.

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)NORCal (EastBay)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Novice trail/XC
    3.) How many bikes you own?2 - CrossTrail Hybrid, 29er HT Fisher X-Cal
    4.) How long have you been riding?12mos after a 30 year hiatus.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? 29er, NORCal, General, Clydes

Add anything else you care to share.

I've lost about 60# through riding and diet over the course of the last year. Every trek out into the dirt proves more rewarding than the previous one. Riding primarily in the East Bay Regional Park system and Mt. Diablo means I climb. I climb a lot. While I'm not very fast on the ascent I do mash my way to the top and I am clearing things I never ever thought possible. I just enjoy riding. One day I may be a "single track snob" but for now I'm happy whenever rubber meets dirt.
    "That's the smell of fitness."
    Foster Farms MTB Chickens

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

hello

first post here folks, so a big hello. Recently got my first bike in 30yrs. Its a Trek mamba so Ive been watching n reading these pages for a few months now. Considering asking a question about new forks soon. I live in North Wales and ride mostly at Llandegla.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just trying to get my post count up so I can actually post elsewhere...

1.) From Redmond, WA
    2.) I consider myself an intermediate XC rider who likes to go somewhere and see things rather than twisty trails in greet tunnels.
    3.) Have an old Cannondale Super V 700 that is just retired for a brand new 2009 Cannondale Rize 3, along with a nice Synapse 5 Carbon road bike.
    4.) Off and on for years, but finally decided to get out more in 2010 to "get in shape", aka losing weight!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    First post!

I moved to Bend, OR last October and have just now discovered the wonderful mountain biking trails around here and only regret that I'd never gone out sooner. I am a runner but due to a recent injury I decided to get more into biking. I took my cyclocross bike out to some of the trails and now I'm hooked and looking to buy a mountain bike.

1.) Bend, OR
    2.) Beginner, due to lack of technical (not physical) ability.
    3.) 2 (cyclocross and a cruiser, but looking to buy a mountain bike)
    4.) Off/on since 2006, but nothing serious.
    5.) I frequent Reddit the most. I haven't looked around this site enough yet to say I frequent anything.

I look forward to reading and posting a lot on this site! Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    First Post! Background info - did a lot of xc back in the early '90s in college, got into rock climbing and other pursuits and dropped the biking... until this past spring when I got my '95 Rockhopper (fully rigid) out and got back into it.

1.) Trussville, AL (sub. of Birmingham)
    2.) Pretty much just singletrack stuff, trying to get better on the climbs.
    3.) '95 Rockhopper, and just got a Felt Nine Trail (love it)
    4.) Been riding regularly about three months, not counting the years from '89 - '92
    5.) this forum and The Trailhead at bump.org

I will add that the switch from a rigid 26er to a hardtail 29er has been an eyeopener. I'd like to eventually convert the Rockhopper to a singlespeed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-imgp0613.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Greetings from Brazil

Hi Folks!

I'm new around here, this is my first post. I live in Maceiů, Brazil. I'm starting to ride again, after ten or more years of inactivity, so I've got a brand new bike (last week) and started to hit the road again. I think I will do more of sightseeing than radical mountain biking. For now, the Scott Scale is my only bike (I think there are a couple other bikes in my parents garage, but they live too far away from here for me to check that). When I was in college, I uset to comute to the University every day. As a matter of fact, I didn't have a car then, so the bike was my transport to anywhere I wanted to go. I also play the guitar, so I hang around some guitar forums, mainly Ovation Fan Club.
    It took me a while to post, because I wanted to share a nice picture, and its been raining all the week long. Only got a nice sunny day today. You know, being in the Southern Hemysphere its Winter right now. I did ride a lot in the rain, but kept my camera dry at home.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-dscn0374menor.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) NW Arkansas
    2.) Beginner
    3.) 1 old GT Backwoods All Terra
    4.) Less than 5 months
    5.) Beginner's corner

Just had my dad's old bike handed down to me and have been riding it as time allows. I'm a senior in college, majoring in chemical engineering, so I have typically had little time for hobbies. This summer and last year I should have a little more time freed up and plan to do an adventure race with my housemates and get into mountain biking a lot more. The few times I've gone on a mtb trail have really enjoyed. I want to start riding a little more frequently and plan to upgrade my bike as long as my skills and desire stay true.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey, I'm Joe..
    1) Minnesota is home. South Dakota (Black Hills) for part of the year.
    2) Beginner to mountain biking. Did it a couple times over the last couple years and really just getting into it now. XC / all mountain style. Might get into downhill in the future.
    3) I have a 2011 Specialized Rockhopper comp 29er.
    4) Been biking my whole life. Just getting into serious mountain biking now.
    5) Passion / General , MORC (Minnesota off road cyclists)

Bike half the year, snowboard the other.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Wow that Scott looks awesome at the beach.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hey is that a hard cock?... I mean Hard Rock?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Ok I'll post here. Would like to be able to start a thread and think the new rules are lame. Been a member for 3years and they won't let me start a thread without responding to a bunch of other lame posts. So her it is: I like to mountain bike

mtbr member
    Hello!

I'm Tony

1.) Where you are from? Well I'm from Baton Rouge, Louisiana but for the moment I am living Hawaii.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Would def go with a beginner. this is the first bike thats I have owned that is not from wally world.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Just have one for the moment. I picked it up a kona dee-lux Friday and I've been working on it all weekend. Cant wait to take it out!
    4.) How long have you been riding? I haven't really started yet!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-2011-07-24_19-53-07_688.jpg  

Last edited by tbrinkhuis; 07-25-2011 at 11:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    biking is awesome!! i love it!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i need two more posts!! once again im new but having lots of fun riding here in NM nut i would like to explore many other fun trails!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Oklahoma City, OK (Soon to be Dallas, TX)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Novice Trail/XC, BMX Dirt Jump
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2, 2010 Giant Yukon FX, 2004 Poverty G-Ride DJ
    4.) How long have you been riding? Off and on for 21 years.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? a list way to long to rattle off but my main drags include ls1tech.com/35thle.com/seatstaysup.com/freerideoklahoma.com

Add anything else you care to share.

Im 26 years old, married. I have no kids but two dogs. Im into cars as my main hobby, starting to get on the wifes nerves lol. My "child" is my 2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS 35th Anniversary Limited Editon. The bike hauler and wifes daily is a 2008 Nissan Xterra S (i love this thing). I work in parts at a Lincoln/Mercury/Mazda dealership. And im going to school for Business Management/Marketing.

Fuzzy camera phone pic of my bike, i havent picked it up yet (layaway). Its all the bike I could afford at the moment but I got a steal on it. Msrp was $950, they had it marked down to $850 then took off 10% for being a 2010 model. Its brand spankin new though and the service level was awesome. (The Bicycle Store, Edmond, OK). Got the bike and a Giro Rift for a little over $100 less than the original MSRP of the bike.

Edit: It wont let me post a picture yet. Fail.

mtbr member
    Tom Logan here.

1. I'm from Croatia.

2. Beginner rider, riding all sorts of roads as much as I can, consider myself light XC if I must put myself in a nice category.

3. I own one bike, Fuji Nevada 4.0 hardtail

4. Bought it 2 months ago.

5. This one.

Thats all there is to it I think.
    Squaring the circles.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Calder here !

I'm from Pennsylvania

I've been riding for years but just started really getting into it, I'd say I'm a beginning rider. I prefer some off road riding, but do enjoy riding road as well.

Right now I have one bike, a Surly Crosscheck which I got less than 2 years ago, which I love. I'm hoping to build a Surly troll soon for my mountain biking desires.

I've been riding my entire life, but more casually. I started getting into biking maybe 5 or 6 years ago, and then just recently started to try and and really get into it.

I most frequent tech forums. Macrumors and gizmodo are probably where I spend most of my life, but hopefully I can weave my way through this forum.

I'm 19 and in my second year of University studying Physics and Astronomy. I'm really a nerd, but I love spending my time outdoors biking, camping, hiking, and just doing whatever. Can't wait to meet people on this forum as it looks like a great group of people!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi, my name is Don and I'm from NE Tennessee.

Iíve been riding about10 Years. I'm an intermediate weekend warrior doing mostly mtn trail rides. I love the climbs because they usually lead to sceaminí downhills.

So I own 4 bikes. I started out with couple of Specialized Hardrock Pro which I rode for a while then switched to a Cannondale F800 for XC riding. Now I have a Specialized Stumpy S-Works whick I use for attacking the trails around TN and NC. I also have a 2008 Kona Dawg Deluxe which I am slowly re-building.

I check out the forum on mtbr. Thatís mostly it. I thought Iíd start to contribute to mtbr since Iíve enjoyed the forums and product reviews for years.

This first pic below is from a recent trip to Montanna on a ride up Sentinnal mnt. The second is from a XC ride in NE NC a few years ago. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-img_0074.jpg  

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-img_1254.jpg  

..is finally semi-skimmed
    'ello all!

I used to be ElvisHitler in a former life, but transmogrified into Slackadaisical, by a supreme effort of will.

This change was due to the swear filter rejecting my name when trying to post a review.

I will do my best to contribute to the site by posting product reviews.

However, realistically I suspect that I will again post once every six months, if I find the energy. In the meantime I will continue to lurk.

It could be your thread/post/pictures etc. that I am perusing.

You just don't know.

mtbr member
    I'm Jason...I ride on the dirt and the road...definitely like mountain biking the best, but not always easy to gear up and drive to the trails...the road bike keeps me riding between trips to the woods. I ride Marrington in Charleston and Harbison in Columbia more than any other trails.

1.) Where you are from? Charleston, SC

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC

3.) How many bikes you own?
    3 bikes-
    2004 Jamis Durango with few original parts
    2005 Specialized Allez Elite
    Beach Cruiser...gotta have one on the coast.

4.) How long have you been riding?
    Riding my whole life for fun, but started riding distance for fitness in 2002 after screwing up my knee snowboarding.

5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    General
    Passion
    Last edited by DooFlotchy; 07-26-2011 at 10:51 AM.

..is finally semi-skimmed
    I see that a considerable number of the denizens on this site own more than one bike.

I only own one, but am worried that I am trending towards fat bastard.

So either another bike is warranted or the need ride more is.

Only the bank account knows for sure.

I will consult it....

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hi fi

I need a new fork for my 09 hi fi any suggestions?? the current is a tora solo air. I want something with more travel and my max price is about 500.
    Please help me guys.
    The bike is a 26

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    i want an upgrade also! im looking at rock shox recon gold. any good?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

New to forum, old biker

I've been riding cross- country and all mountain for 15 years now.
    I began riding on the "National Trail" at South Mountain in Phoenix, AZ.
    I'm on my 6'th bike and my second Santa Cruz Heckler wich I have built up with all my favorites.
    I recently purchased a new 2011 Fox Float 36 RC2/Fit.
    When I received the fork from "Bike Bling" it was over-inflated to 135 psi. There was actually 180mm of stanchion showing on my 160mm fork. I removed the air, collapsed the fork and re-inflated to 75 psi which is below my recommended weight pressure. The fork returns to 180mm no matter what I do. The fork feels fine and Fox tells me there is no issue. Front end may sit about an inch higher than I want but im not really sure?

Page 13 of 308 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 63 113 ... LastLast