Page 105 of 308 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 7698
    mtbr member
    Hello,

I just got back into biking about 6 mths ago after 10 years. I 1st picked up a cruiser (2011 Electra), then a hybrid (2011 Kona Dr. Fine), for work a beater mtn bike (2004 Trek 4300), and just recently a 29er (2011 Trek Sawyer).

I love the Alfine 8 spd IGH on the Dr. Fine and plan on installing one on the Sawyer. I will put Big Apples on the Sawyer and make it my new beach cruiser.

I live around the Tallahassee area and hang out on the Gulf and Bay County Beaches. I work in Louisiana weeks at a time on a boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-saw-11.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    1.) Where you are from? My name is Scott and i'm from Paducah, Ky
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend Warrior
    3.) How many bikes you own? I have 4 bikes. Specialized Pitch Pro, Kink Freebird, Trek 400, Old Fuji road bike
    4.) How long have you been riding? 14 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mainly only here

I mainly ride the Canal Loop at LBL (Kentucky Lake). I also try to hit up some southern Illinois when i get a chance. (Lake Glendale) I also ride a little street and park on my BMX. I have been to this forum a thousand times and love it. No question unanswered it seems. Thought it was a good time to become a member.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello all,
    I am a bit late coming to biking, three or four years now, but better late than never right?I live in southern New Mexico and I ride a trek ex 9 a trek x-cal 29er all over the Gila forest and i just got a dirt jumper! Which unfortunately sees more park than dirt. I do the climbs but absolutely LOVE the downs, my next bike will be a downhill rig for sure! On a side note has anyone done the coyote classic in El Paso and if so would a niner or full suspension be more appropriate?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-photo-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My name is Don and I'm from Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
    I am a beginner, haven't ridden in about 20 years. Did some trail riding back then and enjoyed it.
    I got (back) into riding to 1. lose weight and 2. ride with my wife and 9 year old son.
    I just bought a Haro Flightline 29 2. I've been riding for 2 weeks now around town. Once I get in a little better shape I plan on hitting some local trails and build from there.
    I found this forum through a recommendation of someone on Race-Dezert. I liked the great information so I signed up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm Mike, from Canmore.....

Dwight from Calgary. Been riding since I was a kid like most other folk. Last year of University I rode to school everyday. Graduated, had kids and haven't really rode much since. I've been out to the moutain/foothills trails west of Calgary a few times, but not enough. Now that the kids are riding bike (hopefully without training wheels come summer). I can get out more (in town anyways). My plan is to get out to the singletrack trails more often.

The one and only weapon which has been collecting dust since 2004 is a Devinci Cactus hardtail with upgraded mechanical disk brakes. I started snooping around here and gooooogle for info on upgrading parts and new boots, neither of which it really needs but I'm going to get spare parts anyways.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    1. Currently living in Japan
    2. I don't have any idea how to categorize myself.
    3. 1.5
    4. My whole life.
    5. Just joined the site, so hard to say.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    1. The low country - South Carolina
    2. Mostly XC and Asphalt
    3. Currently 6 bikes (24" bmx cruiser, HT, 2-FS and 2 road bikes)
    4. Been riding a long time
    5. Time will tell...

Looking forward to participating here.

Ya'll have a great day...

>

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just call me Leaf

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) Idaho
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Long time intermediate. I ride anything that I have fun on.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Curtlo Epic Mountaineer
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since Specialized made their first steel Rockhopper, mid 80's?
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Don't know yet

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Checking-in

Just a newbie checking in. I haven't posted anything other than this, but I've done a lot of searching and reading. Glad I found this site.

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) Live outside Atlanta, GA; grew-up near Allentown, PA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I think like most people I've had a bike since I would walk. From big-wheels to training wheels to BMX bikes to a road bike to MTN bike
    3.) How many bikes you own? right now, 1 a Schwin Sentinel (nothing special) it was free from my neighbors
    4.) How long have you been riding? Let's call it since '86 or somewhere around there. Was a recreational rider. Now I'm slowly progressing into something more than that. I want to hit trails. Not sure about climbs or downhill or technical or single-track. I'm still learning and trying to find places to go. Right now I'm working on building my endurance on the Silver Comet Trail. The locals will know what that is.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Don't know yet

-Nate

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello, my name is Brian and I'm brand new to the forum and riding. I've been wanting to get into biking for awhile and today took the plunge and finally purchased a bike. Unfortunately it is raining so I can't go for a big ride but did take it out for a couple miles and I am very pleased with the bike I purchased so far. There are things I will want to upgrade (seat... I'm a big boy and standard seats suck! and may upgrade to better brakes in the future as well)

1.) Where you are from? I'm from Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Trail/Commute
    3.) How many bikes you own? I own 1 bike. Just purchased a Gary Fisher/Treak Wahoo 29er
    4.) How long have you been riding? My whole life off and on. Never seriously. That starts now.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Here and also cyclechat.net

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Newbie to site

Hello there. My name is Kevin and I consider myself a beginner to high qaulity bikes. I have been trail riding for years but on cheapy mountain bikes (Kmart and Walmart). I just bought a used 2008 Gary Fisher Tassajara, that looks brans new. I am located in Noblesville Indiana. I haven't been on other bike forums but I am on the Ford and Kia forums alot because I do most of the maintenance on my vehicles myself.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Greetings

Hello,

Just had my Kona stolen by some tweaker hence my looking through the MtBr forums doing research on a new bike. Looking at buying the 2012 Scott Scale 29er Elite or a NOS 2011 Superfly that is available for $400 more. Is it a no brainer? Leaning toward the Superfly. Thx, Jeff

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Newbie - Advice??

Name's Tyler-29yrs old. From Southern Cal. Ready to dive into the world of mountain biking. I'm an avid trail runner/hiker/backpacker. Love the outdoors. Never gotten into trail riding, but it looks like it's right up my alley!!

Looking to purchase my first real trail bike. I just sold my 2006 Gary Fisher Utopia so I could get a little extra $ for a real trail bike. I've been looking at Motobecanes for the obvious reason($). Looks as though all the components are pretty much the same as a Trek or Specialized. I've been looking at the Motobecane Gravit HTX-9. I'm wonderig if anybody has any advice about this bike or Motobecane in general?? All advice is much appreciated and taken to heart. Bare in mind I'm 5'10.5" - 180lbs. I ride aggressive. Probably won't be dropping down 10 footers or anything, but I also wouldn't put it past me. I'm looking for something that is intermediate-pro. $800 budget.

Let me know your thoughts!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Looks like I need 5 posts before I can start a thread in the CO West Slope forum, so here is one of my posts. I don't really want to share my info just yet - I am joining right now to offer a reward for anyone who finds my Rx glasses at our camping spot last weekend in the North Fruita Desert/Road 18. But it appears that I can't start this thread without first making 5 separate posts. Hassle! But if it gets someone to go look for my glasses then I will do whatever it takes since I live about 7 hours away...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Post Number 3 form Mobile - West Slope Forum, I am coming!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

West Slope Forum

Post Number 4 - is this really necessary?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

West Slope Forum

Post Number 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Reply to post number 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi, my name is Jon and I am outside of Austin. Beginning a cheapo refresh for the 1997 Gary Fisher Mamba I bought new the summer of 1997. Nothing too crazy, more of a cruiser for really mild trails.

I haven't ridden it consistently since 2000 or so, so I would consider myself a newb all over again. Looking forward to getting back into shape!

Later,
    Jon D.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello, my name is Jesse. Just got out of the Saltwater reefing hobby after several long years. Looking to get into better shape and spend some time with my daughter...

1.) I am from Fort Wayne IN
    2.) I am a beginner, Prolly mostly paved trails during the week and then hit the off road trails on the weekend
    3.) How many bikes you own? I just brought the bike home. I have one starting this week. a 2012 specialized Hardrock
    4.) I used to ride everywhere when I was a kid. Sold my giant when I was 20.... 36 yrs old now. Havent really ridden in 16 years. MY bottom is a little sore after riding only 3 miles . lol. But I know Ill get used to it.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Man I didnt have the internet when I used to ride before. I was a big forum guy in my past hobby. So when I did a search this is where I landed. I have really only been here.

just brought her home a couple days ago. Any suggestions are more than welcome. I had a friend in HS many years ago... Who had a specialized and I have wanted one ever since. And while its not as nice as most here ride I figure it was a good place to start. and in a year if I am riding alot I just get something better. If I dont ride much it should last me a long time.

Thanks in advance and Hello..

cant post link yet.. lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi, my name is Danny. Been wanting to get into mountain biking for years and after gaining some weight ( ) took the plunge.

1.) Where you are from? Galax, VA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC
    3.) How many bikes you own? Trek Fuel EX6
    4.) How long have you been riding? Total newb!
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? none really

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi, My name is Mike, I'm 36

1.) I'm from Sydney Australia

2.) I'm a intermediate ride.

3.) I have 4 bikes
    Niner A9C - main XC bike for the smoother fast tracks
    Ellsworth Evolve 29er - XC & AM for the rougher more technical trails
    Kona Dew - work commuter
    Apollo Kosciusko - bike i ride to the beach when surfing

4.) I have been riding on & off for the last 30 years. was into BMX when younger. Didn't ride much in my 20's. Got back into it for fitness in my 30's. Last 12-18 months ive got more serious & ride XC most weekends as well as daily work commute via bike.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? rotorburn

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hey everybody - I'm Ross

1.) From south side Glasgow (scotland)
    2.) I used to ride XC and have been slowly rebuilding my orange X2 to try and regain my fitness and waist measurment lol
    3.) I've got one complete bike - orange X2 circa 1997 (student loan FTW)
    4.) Started in 1996 with an orange C16
    5.) No other MTB site

I used to ride the 7 stanes network frequently particularly peebles. My bike is a mish mash of components with only the crank arms (STX RC) thats still original from my C16.

spec is

manitou minute elite TPC 120mm forks (looking to upgrade to UPS+ cart)
    Stratos coil/air rear shock
    F.wheel Mavic 317 rim with hope XC hub
    R.wheel Mavic crossride UB
    F.brake Hope M4tech with 203mm saw disc
    R.brake original XT V with avid speed dial lever
    8 speed gears with SRAM X4 R.mech and shifter, XT front shifter, LX f.mech
    STC RC spyder with middleburn rings
    Shimano UN92 BB
    Easton EA 70 stem
    FSA XC-190 7075 XC Riser Bar
    no name seat post (pretty light though hence why I've never replaced it)
    some light weight thin sore saddle lol
    brand X QRs and chain tensioner
    Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1 tyres F&R

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Checking in

Hi, my name is Jonathan from Chino Hills, CA. Luckly I live in a state that's been blessed with plenty of great riding weather. In Dec 2011, I recently found my love for biking when I went to Turnbull Canyon in Whittier then followed by Marshall Canyon in La Verne and the popular Fullerton Loop in Anaheim. I guess you can call that mtn/trail riding. I frequent the vast trails located in Chino Hills State Park every weekend. I started out with a vintage Trek 800 sport 21-speed no suspension until one day somebody decided to borrow it and crashed on a trail and bent my rear rim. It wasn't worth repairing it so I am now a proud owner of a Giant trance X1. I don't have any friends that has the time to ride on the weekends so I have rode my bike to and from work to get some practice on the weekdays. Road biking is fun too but not as thrilling as downhill mountain biking.

What forums do you frequent most? Mtrb is the primary forum I have visited. I mostly watch stuff from Youtube.

I think you'll be seeing more of me here, on the road and on the trails.

Happy safe riding and keep sharing those great tips.

mtbr member
    1.) Where you are from? Albuquerque, NM

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Kinda of an intermediate XC rider. Have a 29er bike and learning more and more as I go

3.) How many bikes you own? 2 at the moment.

4.) How long have you been riding? About 1 year now

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Pretty much just been lurking MTBr and thought I'd get involved in the community

My current ride is a 2011 Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er