Page 103 of 305 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,575 of 7607
    The guy who rides a K2
    Mar 2012
    Hi my name is Mark

1.) Where you are from? Cincinnati Oh
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Future trail rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? one soon
    4.) How long have you been riding? not at all in the past 15 years, changing that this weekend
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? w w w.woodworkingtalk. com

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi, my name is Brad.
    1.) I'm from Greeneville, Tn.
    2.) Trail riding
    3.) I have a Trek Marlin 29er and still have my Haro Master from back in the day.
    4.) I've just got back into riding this year. Have always had a bike and played around but taking it more serious now.
    5.) Just browse around usually

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

New in

Hello, all
    For once it's a gloriously sunny day here in Hessle, Hull, England. I've been riding for as long as there's been wheels and can still remember manually setting bearings in lithium grease, which gave me the geeky kind of satisfaction of a job done properly. The Wolds Way is about the best ride round here and I've used this site for info pretty much every time I've bought anything (or before I buy anything) in the last five years. I've got a pair of Kona bikes and one of them needs help. To that end, I've posted my problem in 'noisy brakes' (this didn't seem the place for it).
    Cheers, all

Mike

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Good job! Maidain post,(some what)

Hey people I'm on this forum as a resource, to gathering info on bikes i rebuild. I've been Biking trails since I in my early 20's. Now, some 20 years later I'm dealing with health issues.
    So the bike focus is on supplying friends ,and their kids with good bikes. Which is not hard, seeing how were living in a 'throw away' society .
    I'm located in eastern Ontario, Canada,( just far enough, away from Ottawa. 'Thank you very much') Where the terrain turns to woodland & hills. Its commonly referred to as 'The Valley'
    So like I mention, my focus well be with maintenance and specs of various models.
    Have yourselves a good one
    Last edited by kevner6868; 03-25-2012 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammer

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey all, new here, kinda. I used to visit this site often a few years ago but couldn't remember my password, old userName was Alize.

Anyways, last year I wanted to really get into mountain biking as I have a lot of friends that do it and there are some trails I wanted to do. So I decided to start with a good bike that I could grow with and picked up a Trek Fuel EX 8. I don't have much to compare it too as my previous bike was a heavy ebay bike with bad suspension, however I did upgrade all the components on it to XTR so that helped.

The EX8, however, is incredible! Unfortunately I only have been on one real ride with it so far last year but plan on much more this year.

1.) Where you are from? Portland, OR
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? ummm, weekend warrior, yeah
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? "real" riding... just started last year.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? just this one

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello all.

I am currently in Baltimore MD, but from New England. I am the proud owner of a Salsa Fargo, and a Trek 4500 2007.
    I have been riding for about 10 years now, but nothing crazy. Mostly do touring type stuff, with the occasional single track thrown in when I forgot that I am too out of shape for that thing.
    Here in MD I frequent Patapsco Valley State Park, and will be doing the entire C&O canal trail in September.
    I am often on Bushcraftusa and 1911 forums, with the same username.

mtbr member

Hello

Hi, name is Jim, from the SF Bay Area.
    I mostly try to ride all mtn/trail, single-track.
    I own two bikes. A 2011 Santa Cruz Chameleon and a 1990 Schwinn Sierra.
    Been riding briefly on and off up until a couple years ago, and then I go more serious.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Why aren't there any threads on roof racks?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Hello From Mass

Hello Everyone,

Just got a nice used LTS-1000 with the disc brakes. I am told it was rare. Bought it for 20 bucks at a yardsale, the guy said his son doesn't use it and its been in his basement for 8 years. So what the heck 20 bucks.

Please respond with:

1.) Where you are from? Salisbury MA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Mountain/Trail Rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? One now, someone stole my Jekyll
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since I was a tike.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This one, ArcticChat, Northeastshooters

Add anything else you care to share.

Thanks

Justin

mtbr member
    Hi all,

New here but not to mountain biking. Just getting back into it after many many years. I worked at a shop a long time ago and built up a nice light Team RTS when they first came out. Traded that for a Honda quad then wanted another a couple years later. Wanted to have a light weight bike,so I bought a Zaskar LE and have had it since.

Now I want to go back to full suspension, I'm picking up a Yeti ASR SL frame and SID SL fork to transfer all my parts to. I'll be asking around for advice and fitment issues. Funny how much has changed since I was in this last.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Newbie saying hi

Just checking in...new guy here looking to learn a few things. Hoping to put together a sweet new trail rig in the very near future...Any suggestions on custom shops in Colorado? Thanks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

2012 Scott Aspect Sport 29er...

1.) Northern VA
    2.) I do both road and off road. Road for going to work and off road for fun.
    3.) 2
    4.) 4 years. 4 years off and now I'm getting back into it.
    5.) Gizmodo.com

Just bought myself the 2012 Scott Aspect Sport 29er. It's my first 29er and I'm curious to see how different it is from my Fuji 26er.

I used to mountain bike a lot but had to stop when I had a car accident that left my lower back all messed up. Had 2 back surgeries as a result. It's been about a year and a half since my surgery but I'm hoping I can get back into mountain biking. (baby steps though)

If not then I just dropped a crap load on a new bike for nothing haha

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi all. My name is Agustin, I´m not very good with english, sorry.
    I´m new in this forum, and i'm writing from Uruguay (south america).
    I ride my MTB for the last 5 years, she's very simply aluminum frame bike, and she weights 14 kg in order of ride.
    I'm 48 years old, and have a son and a daugter who were studying at University.
    Lots of good wishes for all.
    Thanks
    Agustín

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hi, my name is Justin.

1.) Where you are from? Denver, CO
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC/endurance riding
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3, 4th on the way (1 road, 2 full, 1 ybb)
    4.) How long have you been riding? 17 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? this is the main bike one

I'm looking to get back into racing again - primarily longer events. I'm interested in connecting with anyone in Denver that is looking for someone to do longer rides (2.5-4hours) with.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Hi,
    I'm Angela aka Rokkit...

1.) Where you are from? Victoria, BC Canada
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? noob XC
    3.) How many bikes you own? Two: a 2001 Iron Horse Desperado HT and a brand spankin' new 2012 Specialized Safire Comp =)
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just got back into mtbing last summer after a 5 year hiatus. I honestly don't know why I stopped.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Passion, local forums

I can't wait for spring to actually arrive on the we(s)t coast... It seems like every time it's been sunny so far this year, I've been at work, although this weekend was nice =)

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi all,

James from Scotland. Mainly ride trails and some bigger all mountain stuff. My bikes are a Cove HJ, a Commencal meta 6 and a Trek commuter. I ride twice a week sometimes more in better weather. I used to race XC then DH, very occasionaly now and mainly XC if I do. Been riding for around 20 years, dosent seem that long though. looks like a great forum with lots of variety and knowledge. Hopefully get some tips from other tall riders out there! Cheers.

mtbr member
    yo!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    1.) Where you are from? Kalamazoo, MI
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? weekend warrior
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4
    4.) How long have you been riding? 12 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? mmba.org

mtbr member
    Hello everyone my name is Hans
    1.) Im from Atlanta Georgia but living in Chattanooga TN
    2.)All mountain/trail rider, weekend warrior
    3.)I own 3 bikes..1968 Raliegh Grand Prix road bike, 1997 Klein Mantra FS mtb, Mongoose bmx beater..
    4.)Been riding a bike since i can remember and im 23 soo yea...Total noob to mountain biking. I recently quit cigarettes and picked up this great hobby. I must say im definately hooked.
    5.) catch me on passion and general. I frequent Toyota Territory off road Association under diff name though.

Later

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Newbie from Delaware

Been riding & racing dirt bikes forever & now getting into MTB for excercise. We have some real nice trail systems in my area. So its time to take advantage of them & have fun. Here is my Cannondale sl4 29 er. Just bought it tonight.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Mark here from Birmingham, AL
    Ride at Oak Mtn
    Been riding since college (92)
    Ride a Stumpy FSR 26
    Considering the jump to a Niner air 9
    Yep, I'm new here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Smile Hello

Hello everyone my name Is Kyle,

1.) Where you are from? Shreveport, La
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? weekend warrior, XC racer, 29er rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 Specialized StumpJumper Comp 29er
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since 2009
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? LocoMTB.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-stumjumper.jpg  

mtbr member
    Hello,

1.) Where you are from? Vacaville, CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC/AM
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? 1996-2000, 2010-current
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? here and Ridemonkey

Short story...when I was 14 a neighbor gave me his old diamondback hardtail on the condition I start riding with him. I rode and upgraded that steel framed beast for years until it broke. Got a job, moved away, and moved back. Got a phone call last year asking if I'd, again, take his old bike (02 FSR XC Pro), fix it up, and start riding with him again. Couldn't believe it...feels good to be back in the game. I changed the stock wheels to run tubeless, RS Recon U-turn fork (craiglist for $50), BETD link (ebay UK for $75), Forumla Oro k24 brakes (used $100), thru axles, Jagwire cables, and a Sunline V1 stem and seatpost.

southernal
    hi everybiker....
    1.) Nelson .. New Zealand on the underside
    2.) (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC , downhiller, all of these ..
    3.) dude i can only ride one at a time
    4.)2008
    5.) Jalopy journal the 'hamb' its a petrol head site ;-)

looking for the time to get out there .. still very keen ...
    custom scott aspect , alex rims, kore bars and stem 150mm marzocchis working on a pic
    happy trails !

mtbr member

Kansas boy in the Middle Kingdom

1.) Where you are from? I'm Kansas born, raised, educated and resident for the first 38 years of my life. Then 2 years ago I quit a very good job in Wichita and moved to China (Guangxi providence) to take on a new job designing heavy construction equipment. It's been non-stop adventure ever since!

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Former racer who now rides for fitness, fun and getting out of the city and into the farming communities that surround the town.

3.) How many bikes you own? 4. 2 road bikes (both old Cannondales, one set up for TT, the other with Spinergy wheels and D-A comps), 1 Trek 970 hardtail and 1 Trek Top Fuel 9.9 duelie.

4.) How long have you been riding? All my life, but for fitness and racing since 1991.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? roadbikereview.com and offshoreonly.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Newbies Check in Here - official thread-dsc07767-crop.jpg  

Newbies Check in Here - official thread-dsc05006-crop-2.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images