Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192
Results 9,101 to 9,115 of 9115
    mtbr member
    Sep 2018

New to the forums from Az

Hey guys, my names Alex. I just purchased my first mt bike yesterday pretty excited to start learning more about riding and stuff. I picked up a used Trek Fuel 90 SLR for $150. I’m hoping it’ll be a good entry level bike to learn on. Any advice would be great.

1.) Where you are from?

Tucson, Az
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    Totally new!
    3.) How many bikes do you own?
    Just got my first one. Hoping to get into riding and learning more.
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    Not long. Have gone riding a hand full of time before but still learning
    5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    Just this one.

mtbr member
    Oct 2017
    Congrats on the new bike and on beginning mountain biking! I’m sure you’ll have a great time and will find everyone on these forums to be very helpful!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Thanks for having me on board. I just got my first e-mtb a Giant Trance E+ 2 Pro.
    I live in Italy 30KM north of Milan, close the the Alps and the Como Lake.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hello! My name is David and I have been riding for about 3 months. I hadn't been on a bike since I was a kid. I am really enjoying getting out and riding. I bought a used Cannondale F5 bike to begin with because I wanted to make sure that I was going to stick with it. Needless to say, I am sticking with it!

1.) Where you are from?
    Floyds Knobs, IN
    Beginner but getting better
    One
    3 months
    Just this one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hello everyone,

Thought I'd take a second to check in. I'm not new to mountain biking but it's been long enough that I might as well be. I was half my current age (37) when I last rode seriously. I've puttered around on bikes here and there over the years but I just learned of a new and supposedly pretty great trail system close to where I live. It's rekindled my interest. I already own a mountain bike, albeit not a great one. It's a Mongoose Deception 29er. It'll get me going for a bit so I can decide whether I want to drop some real money.

I live in Northern NH so it's already getting late in the riding season, there will be snow on the ground in 2 months. I'm out of shape and overweight at 6'4" and 240lbs so I need to get my but on the seat and start pedaling if I want to hit the trails this year. Wish me luck.

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepfreak81 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thought I'd take a second to check in. I'm not new to mountain biking but it's been long enough that I might as well be. I was half my current age (37) when I last rode seriously. I've puttered around on bikes here and there over the years but I just learned of a new and supposedly pretty great trail system close to where I live. It's rekindled my interest. I already own a mountain bike, albeit not a great one. It's a Mongoose Deception 29er. It'll get me going for a bit so I can decide whether I want to drop some real money.

I live in Northern NH so it's already getting late in the riding season, there will be snow on the ground in 2 months. I'm out of shape and overweight at 6'4" and 240lbs so I need to get my but on the seat and start pedaling if I want to hit the trails this year. Wish me luck.
    Welcome back!!!

I was in your same position about 6 years ago...rode BMX in the 70's and 80's. MTB in the 90's, and then got out of it. Came back in 2011, and it has been the best mid life crisis I could have asked for!

Sounds like you have a beautiful part of the country to ride in...and hell, you are just nearing the nest time to ride....not as hot, less people out! Don't be afraid to ride in the snow a bit after you have gained your legs and strength back!!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    Welcome back!!!

I was in your same position about 6 years ago...rode BMX in the 70's and 80's. MTB in the 90's, and then got out of it. Came back in 2011, and it has been the best mid life crisis I could have asked for!

Sounds like you have a beautiful part of the country to ride in...and hell, you are just nearing the nest time to ride....not as hot, less people out! Don't be afraid to ride in the snow a bit after you have gained your legs and strength back!!
    Thanks! Ya the weather is pretty nice here right now and we've got plenty of places to ride. I rode in the snow back in the 90's on the snowmobile trails. I may look into a fat bike at some point, depends on where this all goes. Would like to get my wife out to ride but she's more timid than me. Rail trails and stuff like that are about her extent of "off-road"

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeepfreak81 View Post
    Thanks! Ya the weather is pretty nice here right now and we've got plenty of places to ride. I rode in the snow back in the 90's on the snowmobile trails. I may look into a fat bike at some point, depends on where this all goes. Would like to get my wife out to ride but she's more timid than me. Rail trails and stuff like that are about her extent of "off-road"
    Same here with my wife. She likes to ride, but only on rec trails. I took her off road once, and she had a major wipe out, and that was it. We had even had a year of training rides, so it wasn't like her first ride, but we encountered a hill that was steeper and more "Chattery" then it looked at first...it was on a snowmoblie trail, but in the summer in Canada, so it was like an overgrown road. We look bak and laugh about it now..it is actually a badge of courage for her now, but she does not want another one

She likes the off road...like being in the woods, but does not "like the feel of the bike bouncing around underneath me". I have been getting her back out on some of the smoother single track stuff around where we live...mostly trails in the woods in the city parks and stuff.
    '15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Hey guys,

New rider here. 24yo 6'5'' pushing 300 and haven't ridden since probably 8th grade. Broke my ankle almost 4months ago and trying to use mountain biking to get back in a shape other than round to maybe save my ankle. Purchased a Cannondale Cujo 3 in XL frame a couple weeks ago. Been riding around the house mostly but took it on a trail last week. Definitely a workout but its was nice!

1.) Where you are from?
    Glenburn, ME
    GREEN
    One
    A few weeks
    MTBR
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-file-3-1-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    1.) Where you are from?

I am from NJ (Asbury Park) but currently live in Philly's western suburbs.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

I've been riding and racing on the road since 2006 but looking to get into some trail riding.

3.) How many bikes you own?

One mountain bike pictured below, one road bike (Pinarello Gan RS), on TT bike (Felt B2).

Been riding seriously since 2006.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

WW and bikeforums.

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_2946.jpg
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_2979.jpg

On here to learn as much as I can. I'm hoping to go out for my first trail ride this weekend when the trails dry up. I've had my Specialized Rockhopper for several years but never took it out on the trails.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    1.) Where you are from?

Los Angeles, CA

Beginner. Cross country is what got me interested.

0. mostly the reason why I joined. I wanted to get some opinions from people who know more than me.

Looking at a Cannondale Trail 7, and an Orbea MX 40 to start out

Off and on for a couple years (mostly with friends rigs)

Not many the only other one I use is a toyota 4runner forum.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    1.) Where you are from?

Hampton Roads, VA

Beginner to MTB, been riding MX for 15 years. Found a new added love!

I have a Cannondale F5 that I can't stop breaking.

Patiently waiting to receive my Stumpjumper.

I have ridden some over the past few years until I get tired of my bike breaking again.

Vital MX and Vital MTB.

mtbr member
    Sep 2018

Hola

1.) Where you are from?

Córdoba, Veracruz, México.

Medium skilled, currently disabled (L1 Spinal cord injury)

3 - Trek hardtail, GT Force 2.0 and Commençal Meta SX. All are 26”

Disabled rider since Dec 2015 (currently working on my bucket bike project), had ridden at that time for 2 years but previous 10 years rode enduro motorbikes.

This one mainly

Snow Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by luisof View Post
    1.) Where you are from?

Córdoba, Veracruz, México.

Medium skilled, currently disabled (L1 Spinal cord injury)

3 - Trek hardtail, GT Force 2.0 and Commençal Meta SX. All are 26”

Disabled rider since Dec 2015 (currently working on my bucket bike project), had ridden at that time for 2 years but previous 10 years rode enduro motorbikes.

This one mainly
    welcome to it!!!

The bucket bike project sounds interesting...pics?

Did you get hurt riding?
    '15 Surly Krampus
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Thank you!

Here’s a pic from last year when I first tried it. I just bought the motor and battery kit, I’m waiting for it to arrive.

Yes, I got injured riding on a DH track.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-75ed0f33-88dc-46dd-8e6d-3a6b8a413801.jpg  

Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 42828889909192