Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091
Results 9,001 to 9,080 of 9080
    mtbr member
    May 2018
    Hi All!

I'm new here again. I had an account yeeeaaarrrsss ago but no longer have the email it was attached to so I thought I'd start fresh. I got back on as my kids are getting more and more into riding - and a little racing even - so I need the good info from you folks!

1.) We are from Riverside, CA. We have been frequenting the Over the Hump race series in OC since last year.

2.) I consider myself...a dad rider?? I go where the kids want to go mostly. I will rent a bike and go to Summit every now and again.

3.) I have a lot of bikes. Mostly kids bikes...strider, 12", 16", 20", Riprock 24, building a 27.5 kids xc bike, wife ht 26, wifes rip 9, and my 2008 kona dawg... of course dad has the beater bike lol.

4.) We've been into MTB since 2006 but really got back into it when my oldest started at OTH last year.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    1.) My name is Kevin I live in Melbourne, Florida.
    2.) I am a beginner.
    3.) I own a 20 year old Trek 800
    4.) I have only been out for one real ride.
    5.) I am using this forum mostly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    1.) I live in northern Alberta, Canada

2) Right now, I'm a weekend warrior. In up until about 10 years ago, I dabbled in XC racing, freeride, all mtn/trail and BMX racing. I'd be putting in a couple hundred kms a week total. My interest now is all mountain/trail.

3.) Just one right now, Specialized RockHopper hard tail.

4.) I'm almost 30. Been on a bike in one for or another since I was around 3, so 27 ish years with around hiatus lasting for roughly the last 9 years...math says hiatus doesn't count so...20 years on the bike.

5.) Other than here, I spend alot of time on Tundras.com. Toyota rules!!

mtbr member
    Iíve been a member of MTBR for a few years, but never introduced myself.

1. Iím from Houston, TX. We donít have mountains here but we have rivers and creeks. Or we head to the hill country.

2. I ride ďtrailĒ I guess, whatever the trails in my area or central Texas have to offer. Not really a racer but I want to do more when my babies get a little older. I used to ride road also until I sold my road bike.

3. I have one mountain bike, my wife has a mountain bike, and we have two kids bikes. I used to have a road bike until I sold it.

4. Iíve been riding since about 2009.

5. I only post on MTBR put I lurk whatever forum or website google will throw at me, as I love reading about bike stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    1.) I'm from Australia but will be residing within the US for the next three years, specifically SOCAL.

2.) Definitely a newb MB rider, riding local trails and to work 2-3 times a week, averaging around 60-120kms a week.

3.) Just one that I've purchased in Feb this year. Got a Specialized Chisel XC hardtail, nil mods at the moment (will come) as I'm getting a feel for it all and attempting to improve my cardio and abilities. Too many injuries from Australian Rules Football has led to shot hips, knees and ankles. Riding is the way to go and really enjoyable, should have done it years ago.

4.) Approx. 5 months now.

5.) This is the first forum that I've used, I do use the MTB Project app though.

noob bikepacker
    Quote Originally Posted by kreidel View Post
    1.) My name is Kevin I live in Melbourne, Florida.
    2.) I am a beginner.
    3.) I own a 20 year old Trek 800
    4.) I have only been out for one real ride.
    5.) I am using this forum mostly.
    I alos own a 20+ year old Trek...it is an 830 though. It is now my commuter! Welcome to the forum!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hi everyone,

Another "been registered but never intro or posted" guy.

Colorado Springs, CO, 54yo this year, more of a trail rider than anything, still consider myself pretty noob with only a few years riding experience.

Riding a 2016 Stumpjumper comp 29 possessing far more capability than I have skill/experience to tax. I'm upgrading wheels and brakes but not really much else because test riding indicated it is a right fit/geo for me.

But...I'm left with web-riding because my summer is already a bust. No wilderness backpacking, no powerlifting, no heavy handload 30-06 elk hunting, no anything much more than easy-peasy stuff the rest of my summer/fall this year. You'll see my posts spiral into a downward madness as months progress, I'm sure

Clavicle surgery was 7 days ago, broken ribs hurt the worst. Like many of you, I'll get over it in due time but until then, I might as well into myself and see if I can't make some contribution to this community where I actually do have some experience/skill.

Andy

mtbr member
    Checked in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Hello all, Iím William from newyork (Long Island) Iím 42 and getting back into riding again I consider myself amateur MTb rider trying to get into trail. Have a 2014 talon 1 talking myself into buying 2018 Fathom 2. Probably in a few weeks or so. This is my first EVER forum in regards to riding. Been riding all my life. However Iíve been really getting aggressive the last 2 years. I have 2 bikes. 14 talon 1 and 09 cannondale Caffiene with a head shok that refuses to work. Just donít have the heart to sell her.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    1.) I live in SoCal (LA) but am originally from Eastern Canada.
    2.) I commute to work usually riding 60-75 miles/week (depending on diversions on the way home). I used to do a fair amount of cross-country about 20 years ago and hope to get back to it more in the near future.
    3.) 2. A 2010 Trek 7.5FX and a 1997 Giant ATX 880.
    4.) About 40 years (since I was a kid).
    5.) Any that have answers to specific questions.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hi All.. I'm here in Orange County Ca. living across the street from one of many ways to enter the Trabuco Trail system. I'm an old guy who gave up my Maico square barrel years ago but I kept looking at the dirt trails as the wind whipped up the dust and before I knew it I had a 29er under my butt.. Lots of great information in this forum. Its great to see the comradery among kindred brothers.. See you out there..

Bikesexual
    Welcome! I rode there today, its a bit of a drive for me but I like riding there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanjee View Post
    Hi All.. I'm here in Orange County Ca. living across the street from one of many ways to enter the Trabuco Trail system. I'm an old guy who gave up my Maico square barrel years ago but I kept looking at the dirt trails as the wind whipped up the dust and before I knew it I had a 29er under my butt.. Lots of great information in this forum. Its great to see the comradery among kindred brothers.. See you out there..
    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    just get a bike and ride!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    1.) New Hampshire
    2.) Weekend Fri, Sat Sun Mtn/Trail 29er
    3.) One bike
    4.) 3 years
    5.) This is really the first forum I've joined.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    1.) Where you are from? Oklahoma
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All-Mountain / weekend, light road / bike path.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3: 27.5+ FS, 26 hardtail, roadbike
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since childhood.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Advrider, squarebody Chevy, here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    1.) Where you are from? Indiana

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner Trail

3.) How many bikes you own? 1: 07 GT Avalanche 3.9

4.) How long have you been riding? Getting back into bikes, been on motorcycles for 20 years.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Advrider, R1200R, Indiana Angler, Here

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paul

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

New guy from Saskatchewan, Canada

I did a post originally to introduce myself and then after saw this sticky, so here's my do over!

1.) Where are you from: S skating, Saskatchewan, Canada

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? weekend, light road / bike path/ forest trails,dirt riding
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 Old Miele at the cabin for runs to the store, My last BMX I purchased when still a teen and racer 1986/87 Robinson Pro Team model, 2018 GT Avalanche Elite
    4.) How long have you been riding? Rode til I was 16 or 17, just bought my first bike since the 80's spent all day everyday on my bike when I was a kid, racing, free styling, dirt jumping , street thrashing, anything to ride. Now 45, and starting to ride again after years away.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? We'll see.....before buying a new bike it was guns, shooting and hunting forums only.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Well I already mess up! Posted my intro as a new topic, I deleted it as much as possible, sorry about that.

1. I'm from Asheville NC.

2. I ride most anything. I'm a weekend warrier who rides mostly singletrack I enjoy being out in the woods and will attempt most any trail. Not into big drops yet and I'm riding a new bike so I'm just getting comfortable going fast on downhills. Does this mean I would be considered all mtn?

3. I own 2 bikes, a 17' Trek Remedy 8 with some upgrades and a 95' Cannondale M700 with lots of upgrades. It's still a dinasour though!

4. I grew up racing bmx in the 80's and early 90's. I started mtn biking in 91' back when I could ride for a day and only see a couple people. I took a 15 year break once I moved to the beach and had no where to ride. I started back riding a month ago and only have 9 rides on my new bike. I'm really enjoying it.

5. I am into cars so I am on a few auto related forums. I used to restore classic cars with my dad and that got me into sports cars. I stop by some outdoor forums to keep up with hunting and fishing info.

I look forward to being here. Maybe I'll meet some people from my area and we can hit up some trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hi, new to MTBR, newbie from Montreal, CANADA

Just bought my first MTB.... mostly just cross country, I think.

It's a Marin Pioneer Trail hard tail with Spinner Grind front forks.

Name:  maringrindB.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  159.8 KBName:  maringrindAvert.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  158.7 KB
    Last edited by garinator; 06-14-2018 at 05:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by garinator View Post
    Hi, new to MTBR, newbie from Montreal, CANADA

Just bought my first MTB.... mostly just cross country, I think.
    Welcome, i am in Montreal near Laval i could show you a spot or 2. I am free most days, enjoy your season !
    PS. For your fork often you get answers on youtube, it is nice to have the visual, you will want to adjust the sag.

One Liner
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by smithhl1 View Post
    Sup everyone!

Hayden from Lincolnton North Carolina

Into XC and All mountain I believe (still learning what Iím into).

I have 2 bikes a road bike and I just purchased my first mountain bike. 2018 Diamondback Line 27.5

I have been road biking for about 5 years and brand new to mtb.

I would like to know if you guys think I got a good deal. I purchased a 2018 Diamondback Line 27.5 (Large)
    XCR coil fork
    Shimano Acera hydraulic brake components
    1x9 Drive train (30T chain ring/ thinking about going to a 32T racerface)

I purchased for $595.00
    Update so Diamondback line is on back order so my local shop let me pick a different bike for no extra charge (awesome customer service) so I am now waiting on my Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ NX1! Should be here Saturday.

noob bikepacker
    Update so Diamondback line is on back order so my local shop let me pick a different bike for no extra charge (awesome customer service) so I am now waiting on my Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ NX1! Should be here Saturday.
    i think you will be happier with the Salsa...sort of lucked into that!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Definitely an upgrade! Love my TJ!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fat guy on Fat tires

Bikesexual
    Sweet, that shop deserves a 12pack!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hi 33red, thanks! I'll post my shock adjustment query on youtube then...

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Awesome news. The TJ is definitely on my short list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paul

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    1.) Colorado Springs
    2.) Trail rider at the moment. Enjoying getting out to more gnarly stuff.
    3.) Just one lonely bike, a Cannondale Cujo 2.
    4.) Almost riding one year now, since moving to CO
    5.) this one and sometimes pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hi,
    Iím Adam from NYC area.
    Iím an all mountain rider who just started DHing.
    I currently own 5 bikes but spend 80% of my time on my AM 26er.
    Been riding for 30 years. But only got serious about 10 ago.
    I donít have any regular go to forums yet. Been using MTB and pinkbike for news and reviews for as long as I can recall.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hey all! Checking in with my first post here, thought i'd intro myself:

1.) Originally from PA and NJ, now residing in Dallas.
    2.) Beginner for sure, not the worst but still bad. Grew up riding walmart bikes, probably haven't been on an actual bicycle in 10 years, only ride a motorcycle until a few weeks ago.
    3.) I recently bought my first real bike, just an entry level Diamondback Overdrive 2 27.5.
    4.) Been riding for 3 weeks now, but grew up riding bikes as a little kid.
    5.) I'll probably be in the drive train forums due to my constant tinkering questions.

Hope to be active a lot meet some new riders!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello everyone

1.) Where you are from? Northern Indiana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner/intermediate
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    Mid 90's Specialized Rockhopper A1FS Comp
    07 Gary Fisher SuperCaliber 29er - project bike
    4.) How long have you been riding? 10+ years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? this one

mtbr member
    It's great to be on the site, I've been searching forums for info for years so THANKS to all the members who've shared their knowledge with posts.

1.) Where you are from? Central California- Gateway to Yosemite,Sequoia and Kings Canyon Natl Parks in the Sierras.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm a novice in MTB and don't even know what I don't know.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 7 MTBs,all vintage steel; '82 Ritchey Mountainbike, '85 Ritchey Ascent, '87 Fisher Montare, '87 Schwinn Cimarron,'91 Bianchi Project 7. I also temporarily have a CyclePro Skyline and Univega Rover STI(?) I'm rehabbing to donate.
    4.) How long have you been riding? I'm a beginner in MTB, I used to ride road bikes in the 80's, rode a few centuries, etc.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I like the Vintage,Retro & Classic; General Discussion and will checkout the Tall Riders forum here too. I'm into classic cruisers too so I'm a regular on TheCABE.com too.

I like the hobby because I like the mechanical aspect of rehabbing bikes and, being from NorCal, learning about the history of the sport.

Oh yeah, if this establishes my credentials in MTBs; my wife and I gave each other Diamondback Arrivals for our wedding gifts to each other back in the day.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello, I'm hoping to read a lot and learn from you older/wiser/more experienced riders here! My name is Heather, and I'm a slender, blue-eyed, fairly normal heterosexual female who enjoys running, kettlebell/weightlifting, home projects, cars, and relaxing at home (preferably without conversation as I'm fairly quiet.) I've also been known to admit that I enjoy cooking (genuine food only! Meat and potatoes, stew, spaetzle, lasagna, pasta, pizza, cuss-worthy homemade pies, and anything I can whip up easily, like blueberry cobbler or grilled cheese & roast beef sandwiches. Caveat: There is absolutely no kale. I'll eat dandelions before I'll eat kale! Or any other food that is overhyped and annoying, likely to languish in the refrigerator until trash day.)
    I also enjoy DIY home projects, cars, and relaxing at home (preferably without conversation as I'm fairly quiet.) Not stupid girlie pinterest-type home projects--I like smooth white walls and I hate crafts. My latest project was removing a monster juniper stump with a digging bar, a handsaw, and a floor jack. Yes, I got dirty, and I cussed a lot. It was awesome!

I'm a Colorado native currently aspiring to fix up/sell my house and move to Montana. There is way too much traffic here, and all the recent arrivals drive nine miles an hour. Last year, an old lady who just moved here Tboned my new Tacoma. Then my NEW Tacoma got dented in the grocery store parking lot. I'm done! It's time to leave. I'm moving somewhere with wide open spaces and normal drivers. I keep buying cool bikes and then I get scared to ride them, or even take them out to ride on trails because car breakins are at an all-time high here. I've got a Trek DS, a vintage Trek, another Trek that's bigger than I can comfortably handle, a Marin, a few yard sale bikes, and a really skinny Colnago probably best suited for smooth roads. I'm looking at getting a Surly Fargo or something similar.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherV View Post
    It's time to leave. I'm moving somewhere with wide open spaces and normal drivers.
    Good luck finding better drivers anywhere. Sheesh. You're moving to a place with fewer people, maybe fewer bad drivers, too. Tacomas are way cool but here's the real question: what's your bike of choice?
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I've got a Trek DS but I don't like it. I'm still exploring and learning about bikes, but I guess it's better to be on a bike than not on a bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-trek-ds4-garage-.jpg  

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherV View Post
    I've got a Trek DS but I don't like it. I'm still exploring and learning about bikes, but I guess it's better to be on a bike than not on a bike.
    Any bike is better than no bike, but whether you're in Colorado or Montana (or anywhere else awesome singletrack exists), it probably won't be long before you discover those slender tires might be holding you back a bit. Meanwhile, enjoy that bike to its maximum and enjoy the journey wherever it takes you. Mountain biking is the closest thing to low elevation flight I've experienced. I don't envy birds. Welcome to MTBR HeatherV, may you enjoy the sensation of flight as well.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello mtbr community,
    My name is Jonny I live in San Diego California close to the 56 all of us who know, know.
    I'm mostly into dirt jumps and down hill etc I'm currently riding a ns suburban dj
    I'm hoping to learn some things on here maybe discover new places and faces! I been riding BMx since I was young but had a bad injury in 2012 tore my anterior tibialis and shattered my foot. But finally back at it and it's nice. Anyway thx mtbr community and admin for whatever is ahead!
    Jonny

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello. 49 year old returning to serious riding after almost 20 years here. Thought I'd come out of the lurk while I build my new Mojo 3. Just ordered the frame today. I'm 5'11" 180 lbs and I ordered a medium against most of the recommendations. I intend to play hard and often, but not race or compete and I want to throw this thing around to the best of my ability. I love my Super V Medium and it's even smaller than the IBIS, so we'll see. Seems like there have been some major developments since the 90's. Thanks to all of you out there pushing the limits.

Chris

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Good Morning MTBRs
    1.) Where you are from?
    - From Lancaster, PA
    - Recently moved to Morgantown, WV for the summer

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    - Beginner: super new to the MTB scene.. still working on getting a setup!

- Just one: its a steel frame Schwinn Traveler from the 80's, like I said, still looking for a MTB

- 10+ years on the road
    - Offroad? I've been once (probably about 10 yrs ago). Hoping to increase that number though.

-Subaru forum: legacygt.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Please respond with:

Hi, I'm new

1.) Where you are from? Upstate NY

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner.... My kids joined a brand-new NICA league and convinced their middle-aged mom to buy a bike and start riding with them

3.) How many bikes you own? One.... and not nearly as nice as the ones I bought the kids (see above)

4.) How long have you been riding? I learned as a child, of course, then got a hybrid to tool around town in my 30's. I've had my mountain bike for about three months and LOVE it, even if I am agonizingly slow and timid on the trails.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just browsing here. Otherwise some book forums.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hi, I'm new

1.) Where you are from? Central MA

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner.... Been a roadie for the past 5 years and now the kids are getting me into MTB

3.) How many bikes you own? 3, One road, one TT, and one MTB.

4.) How long have you been riding? Just started riding trails last year and now starting to get more into it. Whole different type of riding compared to road. Taking a while to figure it out, but making progress.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just browsing here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

New fat tire e-bike rider from Nor-Cal

New here from Contra Costa County-Northern California.
    Just got back into riding with a new fat tire e-bike due to a bad knee and other health issues (diagnosed with A-G-E).
    I own 2 bikes, the e-bike and an old GT mountain bike.
    Been riding bikes nearly 50 years.
    I frequent a couple hunting and fishing forums.
    Iím a state of California certified hunter education instructor and my main interest are my grandkids, hunting and fishing.
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_4852.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    I've been riding my bike since I was five years old, I remember going to school riding my first ever bicycle. I am a bit busy nowadays so I only go for a ride during weekend. I will see you guys around!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hello Everyone! Donna Here
    I am a virtual assistant and just started cycling for focusing on my health & fitness so, I would consider myself as a beginner. I would require a lot of inspiration and tips because I know how lazy I am when it comes to workout.
    Cheers & love to every community member 

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hi i'm Rick and turning 50 this month. I've ridden BMX then Mountain bikes since 1980.
    I use to love downhill and highspeeds but mostly ride uphills and some singletracks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hey all! I'm the new owner (actually being built at time of this post) of a 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon 27.5+ in Rust and I can't wait! I've been on a Trek hardtail since my parents bought it for my 17th birthday and absolutely rode it into the ground. I've never had a job that can support such a hobby as mountain biking (I opted for ski touring the last few years) but now I'm ready to get into it! I've loved riding trails here in Washington, done some riding in Bend OR, and Lake Tahoe CA. I prefer XC mostly because I don't have the wallet or balls for DH, but love earning my rides going up, and even more fun going down.
    I'm going to keep my bike stock for quite a while as I learn more about the components, cockpit setup etc. I of course need pedals so I'm going to stick with flats for now and eventually go into clipless which I've had nightmares of in my early riding days. I could never unclip on trail when I needed to the most...
    Any tips, upgrades, suggestions are welcome, glad to be part of the community!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Check Check 123. Here for the first time. Just bought the BULLS MTB deal off ebay. Going to take off all the XT components and put them on a Chinese Carbon. BULLS was out of my size, got a 56cm/22" but need a 49/19". Going to drive all you's crazy with q's.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Iím brand new, also. Welcom!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hi, everyone. Iím new to mountain biking. Sold my Trek road bike so I can explore the trails here in CO. I joined yesterday looking for help in selecting a trail bikeóI just turned 60, not looking to do the ski trails or anything crazy.

FS vs hardtrail? Looking at a 2015 Norco Fluid 7.2. Appreciate any advice, especially from more ďmatureĒ (hate saying older) women!

mtbr member
    Jan 2016

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Curlyag View Post
    Hi, everyone. Iím new to mountain biking. Sold my Trek road bike so I can explore the trails here in CO. I joined yesterday looking for help in selecting a trail bikeóI just turned 60, not looking to do the ski trails or anything crazy.

FS vs hardtrail? Looking at a 2015 Norco Fluid 7.2. Appreciate any advice, especially from more ďmatureĒ (hate saying older) women!
    Welcome, i am a 60yo man into this fun thing(since 2 years) including fat bike our 4 white months. So other than my fatbike i enjoy a hardtail 29X2.3 inches tires. It has 11 speeds with a 28 teeth in the front and 10-42 cassette. The fork is 100mm so designed for XC.
    You might enjoy asking questions in the beginner forum or scroll lower for the 50+ forum. Here are the different forums
    http://forums.mtbr.com/forum.php#cla...in-bike-forums
    Personally i enjoy climbing so my bike is geared for that, not top speed.
    A 2015 bike will offer you more than a new one for the same budget.

Bikesexual
    There is women's lounge here as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyag View Post

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hi All,

I am Aditya from Jakarta, Indonesia.... Has been riding since 2011.

Just got my new bike, Canyon Spectral CF 8.0 and made short movie in bellow link

https://youtu.be/cot3vMTnAg8

Thanks mtbr...

Cheers. ..

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

Wink Me and my bike

Hello.
    Asked to present my self.
    I'm old of 44, I was motorbike addict and since my arm is not stable(2013) I decide to stop and I've start going to my work in bike. since November 2016 I've made 26.000 Km.
    I'm riding my Bad Boy since 2 weeks and I am very satisfied.
    I use for commuting 12Km each direction, it is very stable and fast (top speed 52Km/h Georges V Boulevard in Paris )
    I found very interesting the posts with bike tuning.
    I want o share my adaptation of mudguard with no damage to my lefty.
    Soon all my pictures.
    Last edited by Bekinhas; 07-14-2018 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Prťsentation

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hey Everyone,
    I have finally picked up a new Specialized FatBoy and I love it. I wasn't to sure what to do with my old bikes. They are now up for auction on EBTH.com
    If you like Kleins they're are 2! The frames are in Very Good Shape!

Take Care & Happy Riding!

https://www.ebth.com/search?q=klein+bike

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Well, I just got back from the Quarry (my favorite trail) with my little brother. We had an absolute blast out there with wooden-plank rides, making videos, and taking pictures. I took my RC Car out there as well to get in some big-air action with it. We had a BLAST! Look forward for a video of it all to be out very soon. I'll try to keep the size of the file down, so everyone can easily download it. ANd that's my way of asking, am I welcome in the community?

mtbr member
    New to forum :wave: from central Virginia area.

I used to ride a GF HKEK when I was in the navy. Retired in 06 and hadnít ridden in 12 years. Bike got loaned out to son for commuting and campus riding. Got it back damaged and it sat in the shed since. Wife has been bugging me to get back into riding and wanted her own...

So intended on fixing my HKEK back up, and get her a starter bike. Ended up with a Liv for her and I just broke down and got a Fathom 1 as I fell in love with it. More bike than Iíll probably ever use again. Still gonna rebuild my old HKEK as a second bike and to hand down to youngest son when he returns stateside.

So my thing is Iím 50 now. Iím not in the shape I was and I am getting tired quickly. I have property to ride on some and am just doing that until the wife can deal with our hills a few times. Will hit some local trails and slowly get us going, sure we will be moving over a lot for faster bikes, lol.

On my build for the Ď97 HKEK, Iím probably gonna need help there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Yo,

1.) Currently living and riding in Rifle, CO.
    2.) Trail Rider, on 29er
    3.) 2, a Lenz Behemoth and a roadie that hangs out in the shed most the year.
    4.) The addiction started about 10 years ago, but rode off and on until we moved to the western slope 4 years ago.
    5.) This is my first flirt with forums.

- @singletrackgrunt

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Good day everyone.

I've been a long time lurker on this forum already and decided its already time for me to join MTBR. Lot of great posts and I have learned a lot of vital informations from this forum. I'm very glad I found this site.

I ride cross country. I rode BMX when I was old enough to ride a bike and I started riding mountain bikes on and off since early 90's.

Looking forward to take part in the community.

Thank you very much.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hello, I am a long time rider from Long Island,NY.
    As far as MTB I am an ex XC racer/trail rider who also dabbled in trials riding.
    I own 10 vintage bikes from the 80's - 90's due to the fact when I was most active riding I was working as a pro mechanic building custom bikes and wheels for a local bike shop.
    They are a combination of road , track, MTB, trials and even a Cannondale racing tandem!
    I've been riding actively since the early 70's (I'm currently restoring my Schwinn Lemon Peeler Stingray.)
    I also frequent Talkbass, Bass & Bluegrass, The Banjo Hangout and soon The Martin Guitar forums as I am a musician.
    I hope to enjoy, learn from and contribute to this community as it seems like a lot of fun!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hi everybody, I've been away from trail riding for a long time and just starting to get back into it. Can't wait to see some of you on the trails!

1. Ben from Dayton, OH
    2. Road, mountain, trails (Intermediate)
    3. I currently have 1 bike
    4. I have been riding for a long time, but have taken a break for a few years.
    5. I'm pretty new, so I haven't been able to check out a lot of forums. This is my favorite so far though

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hi Fellow 2 Wheeled Friends!

1.) Where you are from? Northern CA, Butte County

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner/intermediate
    Rode road bikes in SFBayArea for 3+ years then moved North, got lazy, 3 years passed, got a new MTB, remembered just how much I love being on 2 wheels; still getting used to dirty under my tires.

3.) How many bikes you own? 1.5; Bought a Motobecane Phantom DS to see if I was going to enjoy the sport, loved it, when to LBS and bought a 2019 Trek Slash 8 (over hightower LT) and have fallen in love, realized just how much quality comes into play when pushing it. Gave GF the 'becane to try to get her into the sport too!

4.) How long have you been riding? 4 months dirt, 4+ road

5.) What forums do you frequent most? looking for suggestions for beginner friendly/groupride oriented sites! Suggest some!

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hi there! Just signed up as I am getting into mountain biking.

1.) I am an American, but I currently live in the small European country of Slovenia. Slovenia has a very good mountain biking community and a lot of trails.
    2.) I am definitely a beginner rider.. at least when it comes to mountain biking. I'm not too interested in downhill, I am looking more at trail riding or maybe it's called cross country.
    3.) I own 1 bike, a 2017 Scott Aspect with upgraded front fork to a Rockshox Recon.
    4.) I've been riding my whole life, but I just recently got into off road riding during my summer work on a local mountain with bike trails.
    5.) I'm a guitar player, I go to a lot of forums about guitars... however, now that I am happy with my guitar gear, I've had to find a new obsession and I think mountain biking might be it!

I'm excited to be here and I hope to learn a lot.

Andy
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-20180724_150538.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    Hi all,

South FL native looking to get my first brand new bike ever. All my other bikes were pulled from the trash and I would frankenstein them, pulling components from each to make one moderately usable rig. I currently have a 1970s or 1980s Made in Japan Kobe road bike but due to the level of driver incompetency in my area, I now refuse to ride on or near the street. I am currently in the market for a NEW mountain or XC bike and in the next few weeks will finally purchase my first ever brand new bike.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    I live in Colorado Springs, CO and have been here for the past 29 years. Before that Oklahoma (grew up there), Salt Lake City (my ski bum years, pretending to go to college), back to Oklahoma, and then Colorado.
    Experienced rider, but older now. Not a charger. I've always ridden rigid bikes and hardtails. Just got my first full suspension and having a blast.
    Two
    Built up my first mountain bike on a steel Schwinn fastback cruiser frame in ~1983.
    I've been active on several motorcycle forums (dirt, street, dual sport), depending on which motos I owned at the time. Most consistently advrider. Also cruisersforum, sailnet, and sailing anarchy when I had a boat. I've been a lurker on mtbr for a while.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018
    California
    Beginner with an interest in Down Hill and All Mountain
    Havent owned a bike for several years, looking to buy.
    Only for about 1 year in high school, I loved it.
    Video Editing Forums

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    1.) Where you are from?
    Northern California
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    An experienced endurance xc mtb rider with dreams of becoming a better all-mtn rider.
    3.) How many bikes do you own?
    Three.
    Recently, 10 years seriously. And also in the 90's in Breckenridge.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    not many. this one I guess.

mtbr member
    Jul 2018

1.) Where you are from?
    Manitowoc Wisconsin
    I am an intermediate rider, good technical trail riding and getting into downhill riding.
    One main bike for me, but a couple for my wife and one for my son
    Over ten years of committed riding
    Singletrack sometimes, but I am liking this forum

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-stumpjumper-fsr-expert-carbon-evo-26-inch-2014.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Hello everyone,
    I have been riding for around twenty five years, had some breakage, life situations didn't allow me to ride for awhile but have recently returned to riding again and am having sort of a culture shock from the variation in bikes from what I was used to. For instance, all the one-by drive trains! Surprised! Am still riding an older bike but its beginning to show its age and am looking for new bike possibilities.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Enduron View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I have been riding for around twenty five years, had some breakage, life situations didn't allow me to ride for awhile but have recently returned to riding again and am having sort of a culture shock from the variation in bikes from what I was used to. For instance, all the one-by drive trains! Surprised! Am still riding an older bike but its beginning to show its age and am looking for new bike possibilities.
    Welcome back, stay away from the trap. Buy a bike that is 3-5 years old it is better to have quality. That just turns into a rental you can sell it after 2-6 months and loose very little $ when you know better what you will enjoy or simply keep it if it is a good fit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    New here from Lewis Center Ohio. Found a like in reddit/r/mtb and signed up. I grew up in the hills of WV where we would set up dirt bike trails in the woods. Now my daughter has learned to ride and likes the hills and bumps on the local bike paths so I dug out the old mountain bike I bought to use as a work commuter and plan to take her up to the beginner trail at Alum Creek soon.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hi, I'm Daniel from Zagreb, the capital of Croatia. Yeah, I'm from the small country in Europe that got almost to the first place at the Football World Cup 2018. Btw. hell of the game in semi-finals against England, good thing that the underestimated team won..
    Anyway, I ride XC, I own an upgraded Focus Whistler bought in July 2016.

Long time ago, in a High School, I rode DH, and afterwards continued to develop my ride as XC rider so i find myself as a good rider on technical trails with lots of descends, and a good climber on the other side.

Actively riding from 2010., and I had 2 years of break in XC, before I bought Focus.

I've been visiting this forum lots of times and finally I decided to write a first post. I mostly visit General Discussion and 29er bikes and components.

Cheers,
    Daniel

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    1.) Where you are from?
    Basque Country
    Ocasional xc mtb rider, summer time above all.
    One, cannondale scalpel carbon 2.
    The last 15 years.
    Foromtb and this one

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    1.) Where you are from?
    Balashikha( the stress is on the "la", in case somebody finds themselves wondering). It`s a small town perched on the outskirts of Moscow, Russia.
    Beginner commuter - I have recently started biking to work. The office is 32 km from my apartment block, so it`s a pleasant ride and a good workout.
    Bought two identical "chainstore special" bikes 8 years ago. One for me, one for any company I would be able to drag along with me. My girlfriend has been riding it on weekends for the last 4 years or so.
    Been commuting regularly since this May 20th - took part in Bike-To-Work and found it to be much to my liking.
    Before that I would ride on weekends, weather permitting.
    Youtube and pinterest, although I do realize those are not exactly forums.

mtbr member

I'm from Essex in the UK.

29er Rider, I would say a beginner as haven't ridden a MTB for about 20 years until I bought a new one last week. I've been riding on roads and competing in Time Trials on roads for a few years.

5 bikes

Cannondale Trail 29er
    Specialized Allez (Winter bike)
    Dolan DR2 di2 (main road bike)
    Planet X Kaffenbach, (commuting and touring)
    Giant Trinity, (Time Trials)

30 years since my first MTB

Don't know yet, I'll let you know when I've been around a while.

Too Drunk to Steer
    Aug 2018
    1.) Where you are from? SW Pennsylvania
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Slow
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 2015 Bullseye Monster
    4.) How long have you been riding? getting back into riding after many years

Been lurking here for years. Wealth of knowledge.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    1) Where are you from?
    A little town in Michigan called South Lyon. It's a little North of Ann Arbor and just West of the Metro Detroit area.
    2) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    A clueless one
    3) how many bikes do you own?
    Just one, a Trek 820. Bought it last year thinking it would be a good starter for trail riding. Will be shopping for a new bike next spring.
    4) How long have you been riding
    I've only been consistently riding for about a month. Trying to get into better physical shape before I really go after any trails.
    5) What forums do you frequent the most?
    Here? Not sure yet. Need to figure out exactly what I want to do as far as riding first. Though I foresee an inordinate amount of time in the beer forum.
    I'm also on the Fiesta St Forum (tag is MichiganST).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

chevyblue01
    Aug 2018
    1.) Where you are from? So Cal
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Slow
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 (picking it up tomorrow) 2018 Specialized Stump Jumper Comp
    4.) How long have you been riding? getting back into riding after many years

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Hi All!
    I grew up in Canada. Have lived in NY for 20 years.
    I consider myself a technically proficient but slow rider. I love jumps and pump tracks.
    I own a Surly Crosscheck and just purchased a Santa Cruz Hightower LT. Having second thoughts about that one as I may prefer 27.5.
    I have been riding forever but just getting back into MB riding after a break of several years.
    I also ride dirt bikes ( Beta 390 R Race) and street bikes (BMW R 1200 GS and a 73 Norton Comando).
    Last edited by HMNYC; 2 Days Ago at 03:41 AM. Reason: Missing info

mtbr member
    1.) Where you are from? Alaska
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Fun
    3.) How many bikes you own? The the one.
    4.) How long have you been riding? about 6 hours now. better pause for today. oh you meant ... uhm. ok. since i was 4. so that's .. yeah, decades.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    1.) Where you are from?
    * A small boring town in a poor Eastern European country called Bulgaria. Sometimes I tell myself that I like it here, but that's just an excuse for being a lazy bum and not emigrating while younger.

* Long distance road fitness rider. Started biking on roads to drop some weight with a supermarket heavyweight pseudo-FS (80$ store price at the time). Got hooked up, but of course that crap broke quickly - moved to a better, but still cheap 26" HT MTB. Tried some forest roads and stuff, but it never felt like my thing, so it's been like 95% badly paved local roads for the past 4 years with the occasional dirt road venture. Rides are usually around 25-35 miles on weekdays and 50-60 miles on weekends depending on the weather - I simply love riding, so the longer the better. Longest one so far was an 87 mile trip in 6 hours, which I consider decent for a 26" MTB on pavement.

* Two as of this Monday. Breaking the rear derailleur on the 26er finally got me to move onto a rigid fork hybrid that's much more suitable for my riding.

* Not really counting kids bikes in my youth, so let's say since 2009. The serious longer distances started kicking in around 2014.

I added MTBR to my Tapatalk when I finally got a smartphone in 2015, so I check any thread that catches my eye when I fail to sleep. Other forums are mainly local Bulgarian ones.

Add anything else you care to share.
    * I'm not exactly a mountain biker, but I still love bikes and like to read about them. Maybe someday I will try again.

Here's a crappy picture of my new friend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Dropping in for the first time!

Getting the obligatory facts out of the way first:
    1.) Where you are from? Victoria, BC
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner trail, novice road
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? 47 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) mostly motorcycle.

I'm making a decision to put down my motocross aspirations and return to my childhood roots of screaming down the country ditches on my 26" CCM or Raleigh 3-speed. Old school before it was cool. Rode BMX when I was in my teens.

Now I have a decent road bike (Brodie Pace) and a Specialized Expedition but want to get back off-road.
    I've been trying to learn about the current MTB market before I commit to anything. I expect I will reduce my stable potentially the Brodie as I'm not riding it as much as I thought I would.

Looking at the used market at this point.
    In any event, thanks for having me and I look forward to more learning and maybe even contributing to the community.

mtbr member
    Hello MTBR!

My name is Spirtle, I am currently located in the St. Louis, Mo area. I haven't ridden a mountain bike in over 8 years now and I just ordered a 2019 Trek Roscoe 8 last week. I am definitely a beginner rider still, and I am sure when my bike comes in on Monday I will be completely hooked. I am usually a reddit user r/mtb seems to be the best on there and I have been hanging out there a lot.

I am looking to get back into mountain biking because I have been on a weight loss journey and my knees just can't take the abuse of pounding on pavement and running is boring. I have a couple of friends that are really into biking and they have persuaded me to get back into it.

I am so excited to dive deep in this community and learn as much as I can!

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091