Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091
Results 9,001 to 9,036 of 9036
    mtbr member
    May 2018
    Hi All!

I'm new here again. I had an account yeeeaaarrrsss ago but no longer have the email it was attached to so I thought I'd start fresh. I got back on as my kids are getting more and more into riding - and a little racing even - so I need the good info from you folks!

1.) We are from Riverside, CA. We have been frequenting the Over the Hump race series in OC since last year.

2.) I consider myself...a dad rider?? I go where the kids want to go mostly. I will rent a bike and go to Summit every now and again.

3.) I have a lot of bikes. Mostly kids bikes...strider, 12", 16", 20", Riprock 24, building a 27.5 kids xc bike, wife ht 26, wifes rip 9, and my 2008 kona dawg... of course dad has the beater bike lol.

4.) We've been into MTB since 2006 but really got back into it when my oldest started at OTH last year.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    1.) My name is Kevin I live in Melbourne, Florida.
    2.) I am a beginner.
    3.) I own a 20 year old Trek 800
    4.) I have only been out for one real ride.
    5.) I am using this forum mostly.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    1.) I live in northern Alberta, Canada

2) Right now, I'm a weekend warrior. In up until about 10 years ago, I dabbled in XC racing, freeride, all mtn/trail and BMX racing. I'd be putting in a couple hundred kms a week total. My interest now is all mountain/trail.

3.) Just one right now, Specialized RockHopper hard tail.

4.) I'm almost 30. Been on a bike in one for or another since I was around 3, so 27 ish years with around hiatus lasting for roughly the last 9 years...math says hiatus doesn't count so...20 years on the bike.

5.) Other than here, I spend alot of time on Tundras.com. Toyota rules!!

mtbr member
    Iíve been a member of MTBR for a few years, but never introduced myself.

1. Iím from Houston, TX. We donít have mountains here but we have rivers and creeks. Or we head to the hill country.

2. I ride ďtrailĒ I guess, whatever the trails in my area or central Texas have to offer. Not really a racer but I want to do more when my babies get a little older. I used to ride road also until I sold my road bike.

3. I have one mountain bike, my wife has a mountain bike, and we have two kids bikes. I used to have a road bike until I sold it.

4. Iíve been riding since about 2009.

5. I only post on MTBR put I lurk whatever forum or website google will throw at me, as I love reading about bike stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    1.) I'm from Australia but will be residing within the US for the next three years, specifically SOCAL.

2.) Definitely a newb MB rider, riding local trails and to work 2-3 times a week, averaging around 60-120kms a week.

3.) Just one that I've purchased in Feb this year. Got a Specialized Chisel XC hardtail, nil mods at the moment (will come) as I'm getting a feel for it all and attempting to improve my cardio and abilities. Too many injuries from Australian Rules Football has led to shot hips, knees and ankles. Riding is the way to go and really enjoyable, should have done it years ago.

4.) Approx. 5 months now.

5.) This is the first forum that I've used, I do use the MTB Project app though.

noob bikepacker
    Quote Originally Posted by kreidel View Post
    1.) My name is Kevin I live in Melbourne, Florida.
    2.) I am a beginner.
    3.) I own a 20 year old Trek 800
    4.) I have only been out for one real ride.
    5.) I am using this forum mostly.
    I alos own a 20+ year old Trek...it is an 830 though. It is now my commuter! Welcome to the forum!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hi everyone,

Another "been registered but never intro or posted" guy.

Colorado Springs, CO, 54yo this year, more of a trail rider than anything, still consider myself pretty noob with only a few years riding experience.

Riding a 2016 Stumpjumper comp 29 possessing far more capability than I have skill/experience to tax. I'm upgrading wheels and brakes but not really much else because test riding indicated it is a right fit/geo for me.

But...I'm left with web-riding because my summer is already a bust. No wilderness backpacking, no powerlifting, no heavy handload 30-06 elk hunting, no anything much more than easy-peasy stuff the rest of my summer/fall this year. You'll see my posts spiral into a downward madness as months progress, I'm sure

Clavicle surgery was 7 days ago, broken ribs hurt the worst. Like many of you, I'll get over it in due time but until then, I might as well into myself and see if I can't make some contribution to this community where I actually do have some experience/skill.

Andy

mtbr member
    Checked in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Hello all, Iím William from newyork (Long Island) Iím 42 and getting back into riding again I consider myself amateur MTb rider trying to get into trail. Have a 2014 talon 1 talking myself into buying 2018 Fathom 2. Probably in a few weeks or so. This is my first EVER forum in regards to riding. Been riding all my life. However Iíve been really getting aggressive the last 2 years. I have 2 bikes. 14 talon 1 and 09 cannondale Caffiene with a head shok that refuses to work. Just donít have the heart to sell her.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    1.) I live in SoCal (LA) but am originally from Eastern Canada.
    2.) I commute to work usually riding 60-75 miles/week (depending on diversions on the way home). I used to do a fair amount of cross-country about 20 years ago and hope to get back to it more in the near future.
    3.) 2. A 2010 Trek 7.5FX and a 1997 Giant ATX 880.
    4.) About 40 years (since I was a kid).
    5.) Any that have answers to specific questions.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hi All.. I'm here in Orange County Ca. living across the street from one of many ways to enter the Trabuco Trail system. I'm an old guy who gave up my Maico square barrel years ago but I kept looking at the dirt trails as the wind whipped up the dust and before I knew it I had a 29er under my butt.. Lots of great information in this forum. Its great to see the comradery among kindred brothers.. See you out there..

Bikesexual
    Welcome! I rode there today, its a bit of a drive for me but I like riding there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanjee View Post
    Hi All.. I'm here in Orange County Ca. living across the street from one of many ways to enter the Trabuco Trail system. I'm an old guy who gave up my Maico square barrel years ago but I kept looking at the dirt trails as the wind whipped up the dust and before I knew it I had a 29er under my butt.. Lots of great information in this forum. Its great to see the comradery among kindred brothers.. See you out there..
    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    1.) New Hampshire
    2.) Weekend Fri, Sat Sun Mtn/Trail 29er
    3.) One bike
    4.) 3 years
    5.) This is really the first forum I've joined.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    1.) Where you are from? Oklahoma
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All-Mountain / weekend, light road / bike path.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3: 27.5+ FS, 26 hardtail, roadbike
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since childhood.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Advrider, squarebody Chevy, here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    1.) Where you are from? Indiana

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner Trail

3.) How many bikes you own? 1: 07 GT Avalanche 3.9

4.) How long have you been riding? Getting back into bikes, been on motorcycles for 20 years.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Advrider, R1200R, Indiana Angler, Here

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paul

mtbr member
    Jun 2018

New guy from Saskatchewan, Canada

I did a post originally to introduce myself and then after saw this sticky, so here's my do over!

1.) Where are you from: S skating, Saskatchewan, Canada

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? weekend, light road / bike path/ forest trails,dirt riding
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 Old Miele at the cabin for runs to the store, My last BMX I purchased when still a teen and racer 1986/87 Robinson Pro Team model, 2018 GT Avalanche Elite
    4.) How long have you been riding? Rode til I was 16 or 17, just bought my first bike since the 80's spent all day everyday on my bike when I was a kid, racing, free styling, dirt jumping , street thrashing, anything to ride. Now 45, and starting to ride again after years away.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? We'll see.....before buying a new bike it was guns, shooting and hunting forums only.

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Well I already mess up! Posted my intro as a new topic, I deleted it as much as possible, sorry about that.

1. I'm from Asheville NC.

2. I ride most anything. I'm a weekend warrier who rides mostly singletrack I enjoy being out in the woods and will attempt most any trail. Not into big drops yet and I'm riding a new bike so I'm just getting comfortable going fast on downhills. Does this mean I would be considered all mtn?

3. I own 2 bikes, a 17' Trek Remedy 8 with some upgrades and a 95' Cannondale M700 with lots of upgrades. It's still a dinasour though!

4. I grew up racing bmx in the 80's and early 90's. I started mtn biking in 91' back when I could ride for a day and only see a couple people. I took a 15 year break once I moved to the beach and had no where to ride. I started back riding a month ago and only have 9 rides on my new bike. I'm really enjoying it.

5. I am into cars so I am on a few auto related forums. I used to restore classic cars with my dad and that got me into sports cars. I stop by some outdoor forums to keep up with hunting and fishing info.

I look forward to being here. Maybe I'll meet some people from my area and we can hit up some trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hi, new to MTBR, newbie from Montreal, CANADA

Just bought my first MTB.... mostly just cross country, I think.

It's a Marin Pioneer Trail hard tail with Spinner Grind front forks.

Name:  maringrindB.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  159.8 KBName:  maringrindAvert.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  158.7 KB
    Last edited by garinator; 1 Week Ago at 05:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by garinator View Post
    Hi, new to MTBR, newbie from Montreal, CANADA

Just bought my first MTB.... mostly just cross country, I think.
    Welcome, i am in Montreal near Laval i could show you a spot or 2. I am free most days, enjoy your season !
    PS. For your fork often you get answers on youtube, it is nice to have the visual, you will want to adjust the sag.

One Liner
    May 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by smithhl1 View Post
    Sup everyone!

Hayden from Lincolnton North Carolina

Into XC and All mountain I believe (still learning what Iím into).

I have 2 bikes a road bike and I just purchased my first mountain bike. 2018 Diamondback Line 27.5

I have been road biking for about 5 years and brand new to mtb.

I would like to know if you guys think I got a good deal. I purchased a 2018 Diamondback Line 27.5 (Large)
    XCR coil fork
    Shimano Acera hydraulic brake components
    1x9 Drive train (30T chain ring/ thinking about going to a 32T racerface)

I purchased for $595.00
    Update so Diamondback line is on back order so my local shop let me pick a different bike for no extra charge (awesome customer service) so I am now waiting on my Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ NX1! Should be here Saturday.

noob bikepacker
    Update so Diamondback line is on back order so my local shop let me pick a different bike for no extra charge (awesome customer service) so I am now waiting on my Salsa Timberjack 27.5+ NX1! Should be here Saturday.
    i think you will be happier with the Salsa...sort of lucked into that!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro
    LET IT SNOW!!!

mtbr member
    Definitely an upgrade! Love my TJ!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fat guy on Fat tires

Bikesexual
    Sweet, that shop deserves a 12pack!

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hi 33red, thanks! I'll post my shock adjustment query on youtube then...

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Awesome news. The TJ is definitely on my short list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paul

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    1.) Colorado Springs
    2.) Trail rider at the moment. Enjoying getting out to more gnarly stuff.
    3.) Just one lonely bike, a Cannondale Cujo 2.
    4.) Almost riding one year now, since moving to CO
    5.) this one and sometimes pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hi,
    Iím Adam from NYC area.
    Iím an all mountain rider who just started DHing.
    I currently own 5 bikes but spend 80% of my time on my AM 26er.
    Been riding for 30 years. But only got serious about 10 ago.
    I donít have any regular go to forums yet. Been using MTB and pinkbike for news and reviews for as long as I can recall.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hey all! Checking in with my first post here, thought i'd intro myself:

1.) Originally from PA and NJ, now residing in Dallas.
    2.) Beginner for sure, not the worst but still bad. Grew up riding walmart bikes, probably haven't been on an actual bicycle in 10 years, only ride a motorcycle until a few weeks ago.
    3.) I recently bought my first real bike, just an entry level Diamondback Overdrive 2 27.5.
    4.) Been riding for 3 weeks now, but grew up riding bikes as a little kid.
    5.) I'll probably be in the drive train forums due to my constant tinkering questions.

Hope to be active a lot meet some new riders!

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello everyone

1.) Where you are from? Northern Indiana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner/intermediate
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    Mid 90's Specialized Rockhopper A1FS Comp
    07 Gary Fisher SuperCaliber 29er - project bike
    4.) How long have you been riding? 10+ years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? this one

mtbr member
    It's great to be on the site, I've been searching forums for info for years so THANKS to all the members who've shared their knowledge with posts.

1.) Where you are from? Central California- Gateway to Yosemite,Sequoia and Kings Canyon Natl Parks in the Sierras.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm a novice in MTB and don't even know what I don't know.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 7 MTBs,all vintage steel; '82 Ritchey Mountainbike, '85 Ritchey Ascent, '87 Fisher Montare, '87 Schwinn Cimarron,'91 Bianchi Project 7. I also temporarily have a CyclePro Skyline and Univega Rover STI(?) I'm rehabbing to donate.
    4.) How long have you been riding? I'm a beginner in MTB, I used to ride road bikes in the 80's, rode a few centuries, etc.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I like the Vintage,Retro & Classic; General Discussion and will checkout the Tall Riders forum here too. I'm into classic cruisers too so I'm a regular on TheCABE.com too.

I like the hobby because I like the mechanical aspect of rehabbing bikes and, being from NorCal, learning about the history of the sport.

Oh yeah, if this establishes my credentials in MTBs; my wife and I gave each other Diamondback Arrivals for our wedding gifts to each other back in the day.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello, I'm hoping to read a lot and learn from you older/wiser/more experienced riders here! My name is Heather, and I'm a slender, blue-eyed, fairly normal heterosexual female who enjoys running, kettlebell/weightlifting, home projects, cars, and relaxing at home (preferably without conversation as I'm fairly quiet.) I've also been known to admit that I enjoy cooking (genuine food only! Meat and potatoes, stew, spaetzle, lasagna, pasta, pizza, cuss-worthy homemade pies, and anything I can whip up easily, like blueberry cobbler or grilled cheese & roast beef sandwiches. Caveat: There is absolutely no kale. I'll eat dandelions before I'll eat kale! Or any other food that is overhyped and annoying, likely to languish in the refrigerator until trash day.)
    I also enjoy DIY home projects, cars, and relaxing at home (preferably without conversation as I'm fairly quiet.) Not stupid girlie pinterest-type home projects--I like smooth white walls and I hate crafts. My latest project was removing a monster juniper stump with a digging bar, a handsaw, and a floor jack. Yes, I got dirty, and I cussed a lot. It was awesome!

I'm a Colorado native currently aspiring to fix up/sell my house and move to Montana. There is way too much traffic here, and all the recent arrivals drive nine miles an hour. Last year, an old lady who just moved here Tboned my new Tacoma. Then my NEW Tacoma got dented in the grocery store parking lot. I'm done! It's time to leave. I'm moving somewhere with wide open spaces and normal drivers. I keep buying cool bikes and then I get scared to ride them, or even take them out to ride on trails because car breakins are at an all-time high here. I've got a Trek DS, a vintage Trek, another Trek that's bigger than I can comfortably handle, a Marin, a few yard sale bikes, and a really skinny Colnago probably best suited for smooth roads. I'm looking at getting a Surly Fargo or something similar.

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherV View Post
    It's time to leave. I'm moving somewhere with wide open spaces and normal drivers.
    Good luck finding better drivers anywhere. Sheesh. You're moving to a place with fewer people, maybe fewer bad drivers, too. Tacomas are way cool but here's the real question: what's your bike of choice?
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    I've got a Trek DS but I don't like it. I'm still exploring and learning about bikes, but I guess it's better to be on a bike than not on a bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-trek-ds4-garage-.jpg  

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by HeatherV View Post
    I've got a Trek DS but I don't like it. I'm still exploring and learning about bikes, but I guess it's better to be on a bike than not on a bike.
    Any bike is better than no bike, but whether you're in Colorado or Montana (or anywhere else awesome singletrack exists), it probably won't be long before you discover those slender tires might be holding you back a bit. Meanwhile, enjoy that bike to its maximum and enjoy the journey wherever it takes you. Mountain biking is the closest thing to low elevation flight I've experienced. I don't envy birds. Welcome to MTBR HeatherV, may you enjoy the sensation of flight as well.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello mtbr community,
    My name is Jonny I live in San Diego California close to the 56 all of us who know, know.
    I'm mostly into dirt jumps and down hill etc I'm currently riding a ns suburban dj
    I'm hoping to learn some things on here maybe discover new places and faces! I been riding BMx since I was young but had a bad injury in 2012 tore my anterior tibialis and shattered my foot. But finally back at it and it's nice. Anyway thx mtbr community and admin for whatever is ahead!
    Jonny

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello. 49 year old returning to serious riding after almost 20 years here. Thought I'd come out of the lurk while I build my new Mojo 3. Just ordered the frame today. I'm 5'11" 180 lbs and I ordered a medium against most of the recommendations. I intend to play hard and often, but not race or compete and I want to throw this thing around to the best of my ability. I love my Super V Medium and it's even smaller than the IBIS, so we'll see. Seems like there have been some major developments since the 90's. Thanks to all of you out there pushing the limits.

Chris

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091