Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Otis
    Glenside Pa
    Beginner
    Havent owned a bike since my teens.
    41 yrs old...looking at a 29er Gary Fisher Marlin for light trails and some road

mtbr member

Tin machine over from Ratrodbikes.com

hi my first experience with cycling was mountain biking , first real bike shop bike was a raliegh mojave 5.0 , big improvement from the wall mart bikes that I had rode , then went to a jamis dakar xc fullsuspension , and ended up loving the vintage mountain bikes such as the older gt 's , i have had many, and built and sold many mountain bikes , right now i have a 1988 fisher with the deore xt package , a haro extreme with a girvin front fork , a 1997 specialized ground control fullsuspension ,and a cannondale super v 2000 with the xtr package fox rear shox , and maybe a couple more stuck here and there , I like crosscountry riding with single track mixed in , I have been over at ratrodbikes.com for a couple of years , and I am the Tin machine , hope to get to know some of youuuuus .

mtbr member

ibcruzn408

1.) Where you are from? Bay Area, Ca
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner/Weekend Rider/ anything with beginner/intermediate trails
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 just sold which was a Giant Revel 2. Looking to upgrade to a 29er or beefed up 26er.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 4 months until I broke my rib, fell in love with biking again to get fit and get out...
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? NorCal, 29er, Giant

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey whats up everyone! Im new to this site... just looking for MTB riders to chill and ride with. Hope all is good!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Good job!

1.) Where you are from? Located in San Bernardino, CA

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (all mtn/trail rider,29er rider,

3.) How many bikes you own? 2

4.) How long have you been riding? Been riding from when i was a kid, just started getting into the MTB scene.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? This site is the only one I ran into

Add anything else you care to share: Want to meet riders with the same interest and willing to travel up to 40 miles to ride. Just want hit the trails up .

Thanks,

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Newbie Checking in..

Hi,My is Mag..
    I'm from San Diego,CA.
    I like riding mtn & cross country trails or anything with dirt in it.
    I'm a roady by orgin...then out of the blues wanted to try some different..
    I was so "wow'd" I never went back..
    I'm a original ower of OLD GT RTS-1..which been upgrade to so many versions
    since `1995. this was my only Mtn bike..for past 16yrs.. and love it..
    I road & crashed in so many trails in the SoCal area only to ride again
    I'm now searching mainly for General info in a future build, Also to fuel my passion in mtn biking..

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    1.) Where you are from?

I'm from Porto, Portugal

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?

I ride something like XC but in lighter trails as I'm re-joining the MTB world.

3.) How many bikes you own?

At the moment 2 MTB (one 29'' and one 26'') and 1 road bike

4.) How long have you been riding?

I've been riding for a month after being more than 5 years not riding...

5.) What forums do you frequent most?

I use this forum and a portuguese forum for MTB for clear all my doubts about MTB.

Add anything else you care to share:

Make love, not war...xD

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    With the change in the posting requirements, we've created this thread here for newbies to introduce yourself.

Hopefully this will unite all the "hello there" or "checking in" threads currently popping up here in the general forum.

Please respond with:

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

Add anything else you care to share.

And feel free to post a photo of your bike or even better, you riding your bike on your local/favorite trail!

Thanks,

-gregg

<b>ADDENDUM: DO NOT TRY TO PAD YOUR POST COUNT HERE! THEY WILL BE DELETED AND YOU WILL RECEIVE AN INFRACTION! NO TESTING EITHER. It's really not that hard to find 5 already existing threads to reply to.</b>
    1)West Melbourne Florida

2)I ride a minumum of 3 days a week most of it off road

3)4 A Pugsley, GF 29er HIPRO and two old beaters

4)18 years

5)I read this one all the time but I'm into fishing/diving like no other, I'm actually a Mod over on forums.floridasportsman.com as Look Out Below, been a mod there for just over 8 years

I'd post pictures but I need to get to 10 posts first lol

My first name is Russ and I atually ride most all Hash rides in this area The Lost Hares Society

My Pugsley

My 29er

Last edited by Look Out Below; 09-07-2011 at 09:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Southwest Missouri
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? road rider and beginning mountain biker
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2, 1 mountain bike, 1 road bike
    4.) How long have you been riding? off and on most of my life(I'm 27). Quite a bit as a kid, but not as much during my college years. Picked it up again last year.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) bikeforums.net, socialcyclists.org, mtbr.com and some car sites as well. neons.org, honda-tech.com, 100mphclub.com

Proud American

Really enjoying the MTB community and the rides

1.) Where you are from? NY originally... but reside in Las Vegas for 15 years

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend warrior, & single track/cross country type of guy. Like to take it all in and stop for scenic pictures. Not really interested in serious downhill or highly technical stuff.

3.) How many bikes you own? One... but would love to get more. Some bikes are works of art and I'd love to start collecting my favorites.

4.) How long have you been riding? Grew up riding road bikes in and around Manhattan (and Central Park back in the 70s and early 80s). However, have only recently (last couple of years) discovered a love for Mountain Biking.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? I like this site, but also visit Singletracks and have been following some very interesting bloggers (with a MTB bent) on Tumblr.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    1) I'm from Dayton Nevada
    2) I'm a new rider but starting with trails and such
    3) 1 just a trek 3500 2012 model
    4) I used to ride a lot but stopped and just started again recently
    5) just this site so far
    I'm mainly looking for pointers on riding and gear also find some friends to ride with and show me the ropes.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Long time lurker, first time poster

Well, I got into this forum in 2007 (4 years ago?!) But after getting my first bike, I stopped perusing the forums. But I have a newfound addiction for mountain biking and have been coming back here to learn some stuff and get inspired to get out and ride!

Okay, now for the intro:
    1) I am from Russellville, Arkansas
    2) I consider myself a weekend warrior. I ride xc but would enjoy trying out All Mountain stuff.
    3) I only own 1 bike (Schwinn Rocket 88) but I really enjoy drooling over other bikes on the forum!
    4) I have been riding off-and-on for about three years, but have started riding weekly for about three months.
    5) I spend a lot of time on the singlespeed, commuter, and passion forums.

mtbr member
    Kind of strange ... Like the post above, I signed up in 2007 then pretty much went on my merry way, so a (very) belated hi!

1.) Where you are from?
    Western Oregon

Recreational road cyclist. We (Dh and I) ride on the trails now and then, not enough to get past the beginner stage.

03 Specialized Allez Vita
    95 Spec. Rockhopper Ultra
    ? Miyata triplecross
    05 Santana Arriva

Been a casual rider since childhood. Started road cycling in 2003 - recreational (read slow). Take the mtn. bikes out now and then.

I spend more time on blogs than forums but, I lurk on several bicycling and motorcycling forums. Bikeforums.net, Team Estrogen.

We've been spending a little more time on trails, and figure it's about time to upgrade the mtn bikes. Came here looking for trail information and rediscovered the forums.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello! I'm 23. I came across this forum while looking for advice on how to ride, where ride and what type of bike I should buy.

1.) Where you are from?
    San Francisco but now live in p-TOWN AKA Pacifica, CA

Beginner

1 late 1990's, "biblical diabolical beast,"and insanely fast Giant Iguana...plan to upgrade in the near future.

A few days

Expertfootball.com

I learned to ride a bike without training wheels when I was 6 and rode until I was 10. When I was 10 I was racing on the side walk with my friend and lost control of my bike and ended up crashing into my uncles car. I left a huge dent on his car and the worse part is that I slammed my skin flute and ball sack on the bikes frame when I crashed. Neighbors and family came rushing to see if I was ok and that's when my older cousin who saw everything picked me up and pulled my pants down to see if anything was missing. My package had huge nasty bruise on the right side that ran down to my sack and when I went to take a leak it felt like razor blades where coming out my urethra. That day I vowed to never ride a bike. Thankfully my unit is fully functional but it slightly bends to the right when ready for action because of this accident. No joke.

A few days ago I pulled out my dads old monster Giant Iguana bike from the garage and took it for a spin. I overcame my fear of bike riding mainly because I realized how unfit I've become and want to get into shape again for soccer. I rode on the Mori Point trails in p-town and had a blast so I plan on making this a hobby. I want to learn as much as possible and take it one step at a time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    1.) Im from Grant Al
    2.) I am a beginner on mtbs
    3.) 4 if you count recumbents and Crank Forwards.... Tour Easy, Bacchetta Cafe, Trek 520, Rans Dynamik. I just ordered a Jamis Komodo 1 but have not received it yet.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 4 years
    5.) I frequent bentrideronline and Bike Forums. I also contribute reviews to BackpackGearTest and 4alloutdoors.

Add anything else you care to share. Im an avid backpacker. Also like to kayak and canoe. Got interested in biking at the age of 46 due to bad knees. Turned out I really liked it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

New Guy Saying Hello

1.) Where you are from? SW RI- Beach country

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Middle-aged, mini-clyde XC/AM rider

3.) How many bikes you own? 2

4.) How long have you been riding? Started in 1990, but little since 2000

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Ummmm.... I'm a rookie here, so...

Add anything else you care to share...

Looking to get back into the woods with my son who is chomping at the bit to get muddy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi people, I'm from Croatia, I ride XC/AM and sometimes BMX, not racer, I own 2 bike, AM: Head Seek, and BMX: Ziona SKA. I ride about 15years

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Hello, im Wilder , great community , happy to post here for first time,

bye.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    new member here , been riding my fisher paragon purchased in 1997. upgraded along the way and now looking for some advice on a new purchase.
    more to follow.

ride in NH mostly technical stuff and this old (40) body could use some fs and 29 inch wheels

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Name is Adam

Type O' Rider: Weekend Warrior

How Many Bikes: 1 (for now)

How Long Have I Been Riding: Used to ride a lot in high school but just started riding again after a few year hiatus.

Other Forums: No other Bike forums.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Name is Brett
    Type O' Rider: 56 y.o. Mountain biking beginner
    How Many Bikes: 1 - Raleigh M600 mainly ridden on road now, looking to buy new MB for local trails

How Long Have I Been Riding: off and on for ever it seems, but just getting back into it as I have more time

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Introduction from Phoenix

Hello! Chuck from Phoenix Started riding a bit last year with a 2010 Trek Wahoo...mainly on the streets. I just recently upgraded to the 2012 Trek Cobia. I love the upgrade! Shifting is so smooth, so is the ride!! I am trying to build my endurance now to tackle some of the trails at the nearby Dream Draw Phoenix Mountain Preserve Park. I wanted to find a forum to learn tips for newbies, learn about places to ride, bike maintenance, etc.

I look forward to interacting with you all!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by here7ic View Post
    Name is Adam

Type O' Rider: Weekend Warrior

How Many Bikes: 1 (for now)

How Long Have I Been Riding: Used to ride a lot in high school but just started riding again after a few year hiatus.

Other Forums: No other Bike forums.
    Hi Adam! do you ever get up to Phoenix? What are the trails like over in Tucson?

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Hello

Dakota King
    from Port Orchard WA
    Occasional rider with my dad who rides a lot
    Dont own a bike use my dad's many bikes... lol
    been riding bikes since is was little but mountain bike riding for about a year
    Just started doing forums in this area.

Me all the way on the left!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-small.jpg  

Dakota King
    Owner of
    BikerTents

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    1.) Where you are from?
    SE PA

All mountain.

Trek Liquid
    Schwinn Mesa (Full XTR Drivetrain, Marzocchi Fork Etc) The Boxster with 911 Turbo Bits

Ive been trying to ride 1-2 times a week for the last 3 years.

This site of course, VwVortex.com, Ferrarichat.com

Sandy Toes & Salty Kisses
    Sep 2011

Calle Roo :wavey:

1.) Where you are from?

I was born in Detroit, MI, but moved to Phoenix, AZ as a baby, so I consider myself a native.

I just got a used bike for my birthday. I like to take it on local trails after work. I consider myself a beginner, but think I'm hooked.

Just 1

Since August 21st. Did a 10 mile ride on the Mogollon Rim and have hit Dreamy Draw, Reach 11 and North Mountain so far.

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club and Scubaboard.com

This is me the day I got my hand me down bicycle. See the excitement in my face? At first I was like big whoopty do da, but than I rode it and was like Weeeeee!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    So, I'm Tom
    I'm native to AZ though I spent a few years recently in the sticks of NE Indiana.
    Kind of a beginner...just been on about a 30 year layoff. OK, definitely a beginner again.
    2 bikes, Diamondbacks- see my sig. Eyeing a 3rd..."for my son"...
    I visit this site, F150 Online, and moderate at the End Times Round Table.

I was a hard core BMX'er in the good old days when it was pure. Started in 1976 as a rag-tag neighborhood team. Pretty much ruled the rankings in my age group here in Phoenix with 1 other kid- he on the east side, me on the west. PXA was my home track.

Loving the mountain bike though. I'm not in the best of shape yet, but I am getting there. Looking at a 3rd bike now so I can always ride with my 2 boys- my pals- and start hitting some trails.

17 Mission 1
    09 D'back Recoil
    09 D'back Recoil Comp
    11 D'back Overdrive 29'er

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey all,
    I'm from Southern Indiana. I've been riding Kona mountainbikes and Trek road bikes since college, and have recently been shopping around for my first 29er build. My preferred rides are woodsy singletracks with a mix of climbs, streams, and quick switchbacks. I've loved 29ers when I've had a chance to try them, so I'm probably going to build one this winter.

mtbr member
    What's up! My name's John. I'm from Brooklyn, NY, and ride about every type of bike possible. I'm currently on a road racing/cyclocross kick, but I've raced track and mountain bikes as well. I own 7 bikes at the moment, although one needs to go. Anyone want a Dean 29er? Perhaps I'll try my hand at the classifieds here.

In any case, great to be a part of the community!

mtbr member

Newb

A few months ago I received a 15 year old Mongoose Sycamore from my brother-in-law. The first time I left the pavement and hit the trail, I knew I loved it. Now I can't wait to upgrade my bike.

1.) Texas
    2.) Definitely a beginner.
    3.) 1
    4.) Two months
    5.) Just this one

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Lexington, KY
    Beginner
    1 bike
    Been riding off and on for years. Trying to get serious with it.
    Only this forum for biking.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    1.) I'm from Kelso, WA but have been living in Phoenix since 2006.
    2.) Beginner? Looking to do some All Mtn/XC/Trail riding.
    3.) Motobecane Fantom 29 PRO (2012 X7 version from BD)
    4.) Casually since I was a kid.

I'm happy to be here, and I've learned a lot from this site already.
    Last edited by Itanius; 09-10-2011 at 07:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

New member, old biker

1.) Where you are from? Pittsburgh area
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Casual for my personal enjoyment and mental health
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4, well 3 cause my wife stole one
    4.) How long have you been riding? Started doing long road rides around 1970
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just got here, so I am not sure

Hi Guys,

I am Vince and I'm 56 and a retired commercial diver and engineer and now part time bike mechanic, but just for fun.

Last year I built a road bike on a Lynskey Sportive Ti frame with a full Dura Ace group and my Buddy and I built the wheels at the shop we work at which was a cool job.

He also got me into riding a 29'er and I ended up with a Giant XTC1 hardtail, which is great fun. It's like driving a Humvee.

I really enjoy both types of riding. I also really enjoy working in the bike shop and helping people out when they are buying a new bike or when they have a problem with their existing bike.

Regards, Vince

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

swft51002

I'm from Oregon
    Beginner
    Zero
    Not in a long time
    Just getting started but looks like I'll be a Clydesdale!

Yello all

I'm a big boy and looking to find some good info so I can go riding.....
    and not have to worry if the Rims can handle the beating! So any info
    would be appreciated.

I'm 37 330LBS. I'll be pulling my boys to the park and street riding at first but when we go camping with friends they go riding in the mountains I want my bike to be able to handle that to. If that means 2 bikes so be it. I love quading with my family.

Take Care all!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

V500 Front Shock ID

I am trying to get some springs for my Cannondale V500 front shock. It looks like
    this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn3484-medium-.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn3485-medium-.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn3487-medium-.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn3491-medium-.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn3504-medium-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Smile Hello from El Paso

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

1. Hello my name is Jordan I'm from El Paso, Texas.
    2. I am definitely a beginner. I'm hoping to begin commuting around town soon, I just bought an older model Specialized Hard Rock at a garage sale for 10 dollars. Hoping to make it a project bike.
    3. Never owned a serious bike , just throw away's from wal-mart.
    4. I've rode bikes since I was young, but just beginning to make a serious commitment to it.
    5. ?

mtbr member
    1.) Living in San Piero a Grado, Italy
    2.) no specific type, training for IronBike
    3.) 1
    4.) That depends. I've always had a bike since I can remember, but I've only started training in the last two weeks.
    5.) NC4x4.com, ChargerForum.com and Reddit.com(not a forum, but better).

I hadn't ridden a bike in a while, when we moved to Italy. While waiting for our car to arrive, I stopped by a sporting goods store in Livorno and bought a previous year model Trek 4400. Since then I've been hooked. Recently I've started researching IronBike and hope to compete in 2012.

I have a billion questions and will most likely be hanging out in the endurance section.

Peace.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    just got me a 29er the other day, glad i found this site!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Hello.
    1. Truckee, CA
    2. X/C
    3. Santa Cruz Tallboy
    4. Many years
    5. Visit various forums

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Coming over to the dark (dirty) side

Long time roadie...first time caller.

Just bought my first Mountain Bike after years of road only riding. Planning on hitting the trails with some roadie friends who ride the trails as well.

My first ride is a second hand Iron Horse Warrior Pro. A little heavy I'm told....and WAAAAY heavier than my 17lb roadbike....but wicked cool all the same.

Psyched to try this whole thing out! I've been playing around solo on local fireroads and dirt roads...not much singletrack around here...at least not that I know of. I'm really looking forward to learning the skills!

1.) Where you are from? Southeastern Connecticut
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Experienced Road Cyclist - Total Mnt Bike newbie
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 - 1 road/1 MB
    4.) How long have you been riding? Road - 12 years consistantly. MB...just starting.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Roadbike Review...haven;t posted much lately though.

delicate little flower
    Sep 2011
    Where you are from?
    Finger Lakes region of NYS

What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    Beginner and a timid one at that

How many bikes you own?
    Two. One road bike and one hardtail.

How long have you been riding?
    Haven't ridden since I was a wee lass. Just started up again this past spring. My intention at first was to just do road riding, but I got invited to go mountain biking with some friends one weekend...and then another and then another. Long story short, 4 months later I bought my first mountain bike

What forums do you frequent most?
    I'm so new to this that I'm exploring everything and trying to learn everything.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

noob

1) Jeff from northeast Ohio
    2) beginner / single track and????
    3) 2 -2001Gary Fisher mambas
    4) I used to ride back in the sixteen speed days ......... but just rediscovered my love for the spor

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello! James from Connecticut here. Been riding many years but coming off a very long break. Like to ride the trails to keep in shape. Hope to learn a few things here. I'm still loving my Giant Iguana although it may see some upgrades soon.

Big Papa Pump
    Hello MTBR Jim Scales and I am in beautiful SE Kansas where we more old coal pits from surface mining than you shake a stick at...which is very nice for riding!
    Been riding for a while but never had a passion for it until this year, when I chnaged jobs and have more time for riding
    I am now a die hard trail rider and with the old strip pits we have around here, that can be challenging as all get out
    I have 2 bikes, 1- an old beater, 2 Trek 2012 Wahoo

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    My names annA, I am a beginner downhiller play I currently have no bike but in the process of looking for one. I came across this new addiction unexpectedly and can't wait to get my bike. I need help tho

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Northeast Ohio

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner, trail rider, 29er rider

3.) How many bikes you own? 2 Jamis Explorer XT and a Jamis Exile III

4.) How long have you been riding? 15 years

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Mountain biking

This is a fantastic site to get info on your bike and also upgrade your bike if you want. that's how I built my bike is through this web site.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Newbie from UK

Well, I've been dropping by here for a few months trying to figure out the world of MTB which has strangely drawn me in. So I though I'd check in and say hello.

It all started when I needed to teach my youngster to ride, so I dusted off my old Rockhopper and headed off to our local woods in Cheshire, UK. I've now ridden all the family friendly trails but my attention is always being drawn to those tight gnarly looking trails that shoot off through the woods.

I'm no stranger to riding rough tracks, steep slopes with loose surfaces and fast gravel fireroads but for the last 10 years its all been on motorised steeds. I can handle an Enduro (moto)bike to a reasonable standard but lately I seem to have lost the moto mojo..

So - I've now sold the motorbike and now have funds to spend on a something special to replace my old '04 Rockhopper.

Anyway, evening' all.

Paul

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello from Boulder County Colorado.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hello all, I have been lurking here for a few months. Been riding about 5 years. Nothing real crazy just Dallas area single track. I really love it and hope to learn from this community. I ride a 2007 Gary fisher wahoo disc.
    "Your opinion may vary, but it's stupid." -Rich Dillen

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Newbie checkin for the first time

Live now: Denver, Colorado
    Rider: More than a weekend warrior XC rider plus a roadie too.
    Bikes: 2 - 1 MTB and 1 Road
    Riding: Started riding regularly when I was 10 to school

Why I am joining? to share my biking photography

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    im a fng. need advice on quality first bike. options are 2008 specialized hardrock sport 16" (used) or buy a new giant revel 2 or revel 1 maybe. hardrock i can get for $250, revel2 for $390, revel 1 for $500. main question is, is the hardrock most likley too small for 5'11" frame 205 lbs. which is best bike over all brand new. wwill mostly b riding on roads but dont wanna spend extra cash for something i cant have fun with. thanks in advance for input.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Whats up everyone,

Just joined and looking forward to the insight ya'll have on the great sport of tearing up mountains on a bike. Im originally from Denver, CO where i first started riding x-country. I'm more into all mountain now and completing my first build.

I'm working on a Santa Cruz Chameleon. I'm currently in the process of putting everything on it. Saved up all summer and finally got all the parts together to complete it. I'll post pics sometime. Anyways, super excited to join your community. Later.

Jake

mtbr member
    Hello, I've been reading the threads for @ a month or so and decided to join. I'm just getting back into off road riding after a some 25 year hiatus. I'm down here in southeast Arizona in a town called Sierra Vista.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Newbie checking in!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Newbie in. Long time Hardtail rider about to go all in for a Softy.

mtbr member
    Hello all Jack here from Caledon Ontario, I have been away from Mountain bikes for 5 years now due to a major heart attack. I started ridding back in 1990 during the days of rigid frames and forks. I have a niner single speed, looking to add a full suspension A M soon. Great site hope to make some good friends

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    can anybody help need to adjust my specialized command post it has three settings which many of you know the middle setting just about fits my height about an inch to high how do i lower it do i undo the big nut and lower it, bit worried about doing that because i think its under pressure,cheers

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey all, greetings from Northern Ireland! Just checking in, lots of info and good advice on here from what ive seen so far, especially loving the night riding forum!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Newb checking in for the first time

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi there, I'm Liz from Anchorage, AK. I use my one Gary Fisher hardtail mountain bike for riding on single track and double track dirt trails, commuting, running errands and just about everything else! I've been riding it steadily for about two years now, and am seriously considering getting a snow bike to keep it company this winter.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    newbie from Miami Lakes, Fl - 2011 Hardrock disc 29er

mtbr member
    1.) Where are you from?
    I'm from Ontario, Canada - specifically Kitchener
    Trail riding(XCish) and transportation
    I own one broken bike right now. '99 Schwinn Mesa GSX with everything replaced but the frame and a stripped BB.
    Over 20 years for sure
    Mostly computer and fishing forums, but I am a member at many forums with many different topics.

mtbr member

Hi everyone

Finally got my assss in gear and registered. I am from the UK and have been riding on and off for years. I ride a spesh stumpy pro. Mainly xc and some free riding. Have been using this site for information and really find it helpful. I hope to add some of my knowledge on bikes soon. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hey,

New guy here...never did any mountain biking before but I figure this is the time to learn and buy a bike so I can start once the weather starts to warm up. Of course, now I'm going to have this new toy sitting in my basement that I can't use for the next 6 months or so which should be plenty frustrating but I'm still looking forward to it.

Will probably just be lurking until the spring, learning as much as I can from reading but I will probably be an avid poster once I get going.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    hallo from pula

mtbr member

Central Virginia

Beginner, weekend warrior, all mountain/trail rider

3.) How many bikes do you own?

One. 04 GT Avalanche 3.0

Riding bikes? All my life. Mountain biking, only a couple months

- I'm more of a lurker. I like to read and take in a lot of the stuff posted. I usually only post to ask questions or answer a question.

Last edited by BuiltforSin; 09-15-2011 at 05:06 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi all; I'm Mike.

1.) I live in Kansas City currently...
    2.) I'm a beginner cyclist
    3.) I have just one bike and it's my wife's' - time to get my own!
    4.) I've been biking all my life, but not frequently for many years - trying to get into it seriously
    5.) Other forums I visit include: endless-sphere.com, rcgroups.com, bikeforums.net, etc.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

1. I'm from Europe, Croatia.
    2. Beginner.
    3. Just one.
    4. All my life.
    5. Various.

My english is very bad so take this into consideration.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Steve here from co
    Riding all my life off & on
    Have 4 bikes
    Giant comfort bike
    Old clubman ten speed( for sale)
    2011 carbon road bike
    2011 29 er

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello all. Name's Jeremy.
    From Madison WI.
    Beginner to MTB pretty much, but grew up loving/riding bikes in general. Did a little BMX dirt jumping in HS.
    I've got a few different kinds of bikes, but my MTB is a cobbled together thing that's finally getting respectable after I get the fork I'm about to buy. It's an OK aluminum frame with a mix of Deore LX, XTR, Truvativ cranks, and soon to be Marzocchi DJ2 fork.
    I'll return to put up a picture in a couple weeks after I get my new fork. I don't have any pics as of now.

Chubby Chaser
    1.) Where you are from? So Cal

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend Warrior

3.) How many bikes you own? One as of right now.

4.) How long have you been riding? On and off for 15 years.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mostly motorcycle forums.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hello all

1.) I live in central Virginia
    2.) All mountain/trail rider - intermediate level
    3.) one - Gary Fisher Piranha
    4.) 3-4 years
    5.) here

This looks like a great forum!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotchaman View Post
    Hello all

1.) I live in central Virginia
    2.) All mountain/trail rider - intermediate level
    3.) one - Gary Fisher Piranha
    4.) 3-4 years
    5.) here

This looks like a great forum!
    Where do you ride in RVA? I am from there as well.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by BuiltforSin View Post
    Where do you ride in RVA? I am from there as well.
    I usually ride at James River Park System - Butter Milk, Forrest Hill Park, North Bank trails. Those are the best trails in RVA! Where do you ride?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Checkin in

Just wanted to say hey.
    Name's Steve

1.) Where you are from? Live in Sioux Falls, SD and been in the area pretty much my whole life, except for about a 8 month stint in Missoula, MT.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm a weekend warrior but have plans to begin some racin next year... looking at the Minnesota mountain bike series.
    3.) How many bikes you own? I own 2 bikes, a old GT Avalanche and a 2011 Giant Anthem X2 which is currently stock, but not for long!
    4.) How long have you been riding? Been riding my whole life, but am just starting to get serious about training.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I'm a gear junky, so I really like all the reviews and pics!

gator

... and if we just ... Newbee

.........nine more posts and i can put up a picture of my 98 TREK ht on its 3rd set of wheels 2nd set of cranks, 3rd set of tires, 2nd set of forks, 7th set of "rim brake" pads, 3rd seat, 3rd set of pedals.......and so on.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello all. My name is Jared. I am currently residing in the Anchorage, Alaska area. Like most of you, I have been riding since I was a kid, but I didn't really get introduced to any real trail riding until around 2001. What can I say, I grew up in rural Missouri in the 90's, not exactly the Mecca of Mountain Biking. Currently I am focused on nuturing my wife and three boys along in the love of riding. I have never owned a bike nearly as nice as I would like, but I'm getting there. currently I ride a pretty cheap Novara 29er hard-tail, but I have a blast. I entered a few small XC races up here in Alaska this year and had a great time. I am looking to move into the FS 29er market. At 5'11" and 165 lbs I know I dont "need" a 29er, but I am pretty well sold on the big wheels. I have three bikes in mind, but I am open to suggestions; Niner W.F.O 9, Intenser Tracer 29, or Lenz Lunchbox. The later two being made in the USA makes them all the more appealing. I'd be interested to hear what suggestions are out there. I have looked at several bikes, but most of my research has been online. I'd love to get some more time in the saddle.

ride or die
    noob (on the forum) checking in ..

1.) Where you are from? Canada

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Hardcore Weekend Warrior

3.) How many bikes you own? 4

4.) How long have you been riding? all my life

5.) What forums do you frequent most? bike, photog, music
    Last edited by shitiot; 09-17-2011 at 02:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Smile Got my new bike ...

After doing a bunch of research I settled on a 2011 Cannondale Scalpel 2. It's proving interesting to get used to but I'm getting back into racing and decided to head more for light weight than long travel (like I'm used to).

It's without a doubt the best climbing bike I've ever ridden and the SRAM 2x10 is probably the best idea in MTB innovation since they started making circular wheels, in my opinion.

:-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kerbdog View Post
    Hey all, greetings from Northern Ireland! Just checking in, lots of info and good advice on here from what ive seen so far, especially loving the night riding forum!
    Night riding is awesome - I do a ton of it during winter. Nothing like going for a thrash in the dark although I admit I take remove the chances of crashing by using a helmet light bright enough to assist a 747 to land ...

;-)

mtbr member

1. Portugal
    2. weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider
    3. one
    4. All my life.
    5. pink bike, 6 polegadas (6") . freeridezone , fishes :/ aquarium , motorbikes

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by machuqueiro View Post

1. Portugal
    3. one
    4. All my life.
    5. pink bike, 6 polegadas (6") . freeridezone , fishes :/ aquarium , motorbikes

Your English is better than some people who are from English-speaking countries. :-)

mtbr member
    allo from Portugal

1. Portugal
    3. one. and the only one... Sc nomad 07
    4. All my life.
    5. pink bike, 6 polegadas (6") . freeridezone , fishes aquarium , motorbikes

Last edited by machuqueiro; 09-17-2011 at 05:27 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Stuck in Orlando. Back into riding for about a month now, started with an old guy's bike (Specialized Crossroads) then on to a Sirrus and now looking for something to do urban assaults and trail riding with.

lolphins
    Sep 2011
    Hello from Grand Junction Colorado

...ride to live
    Sep 2011

Y'oh, you pedal peeps!

Just a hello from the Great Pacific Northwest! Westside PDX to be exact.

Been riding for a long time, did the 1st Cycle Oregon Double Century on a MTB... yes, some years go. Traded in the MTB for a 3 wheel recumbent 5 years ago. Enjoy a lot of local sububrian and rural routes and the bounty of trails in the region. So far, the trails of Coeur d' Alene impress me the most.

I really enjoy night rides and find myself with yet another hobby... custom lighting solutions for seeing and being seen on bicycles. I find this to be a technical challenge as well as a psych challenge. I find it interesting how fixated many cyclists are to lighting solutions. Probably an innate survival instinct

I am an active member on the BentriderOnline forum as LayZeeD and frequent several flashlight forums and various bike forums. Although I've received many emails from MTBR, I never realized there was a very active forum here. I hope to learn and hopefully give back from the good peeps of this forum as well.

Keep Ridin'

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Greetings

1.) Where you are from? Iím from the South Shore of Massachusetts.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I consider myself a recreational cross-country rider.

3.) How many bikes you own? I presently own two mountain bikes (one rigid, one full suspension), one commuter, one tandem, and one unicycle.

4.) How long have you been riding? My journey in mountain biking began in 1985.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? This is the first forum I have ever made use of.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello

1.) I'm from North Carolina

2.) I consider myself a recreational cross-country rider and an aspiring freerider

3.) I own 1 real mountain bike, an iron horse yakuza bakuto

4.) I have been riding for about a year and a half

5.) I really onlyhide this forum

gator
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

Cool-blue Rhythm They call me OD

Live in the Twin Cities, MN.
    Been riding a little for years, but really getting into it now.
    Four bikes: Pugs (small frame), Mountain, Cross and Road.
    Waiting to see if the new BFL will fit the Pugs with 2/9's on 80MM's.
    Thanks for all the good info available here.

troll
    Sep 2011

howdy

hail from NoCO
    started on the road 17ish years ago, started racing xc 15ish years ago. Ride DH more now that xc but that is changing.

How many bikes? Well say a garage full.

Drop me a line if you're in CO I love to ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotchaman View Post
    I usually ride at James River Park System - Butter Milk, Forrest Hill Park, North Bank trails. Those are the best trails in RVA! Where do you ride?
    Same areas. Sometimes head out to Poor Farm, Powhite, and Deep Run.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Greeting!

Hi, I have been living and trail riding in Park City UT since the summer of 1987. Long before front suspension, helmets, SPD's and the Mountain Trails Foundation! Most of us ski bums rode $400 Specialized "Rock Hoppers" from Brock & Charlies store White Pine on Main Street. Stumpjumpers and Cannondales were for the Elite!

Riding a new Ibis Mojo HD this season as I could not wait any longer for the Turner RFX! Still trying to dial it in for climbing semi steep rocky single track. The RP23 just feels like S***. Trying a friends XFusion this week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-p1000183.jpg  

Last edited by dvmike; 09-18-2011 at 07:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello from S Tx. I"ve been lurking for a while, pulling off info as needed and decided to join. I've been riding for about 3 or so years now on my Marin Hawk Hill. I've enjoyed riding it but decided I wanted another bike so, I checked around and my local Sun & Ski had the Hawk Hill on sale for what I think was a good price so I bought it. It's being delivered and setup on Tuesday.
    Happy Trails....

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Noob checkin' in!!
    Chad
    1. Wichita Falls TX
    2. Beginner/ Weekend Warrior
    3. 1, Trek 4500
    4. Just started again
    5. General/Beginners/Family/Passion but I also look at the others

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    1.) Hi I live near Charlotte, NC
    2.) At certain periods in life I commuted to work via bike. Just getting back into it for fun
    and fitness.
    3.) I currently own a sweet brown and rust colored Schwinn Suburban 5 speed as well as
    a Sette Razzo SS 29er I picked up today. Can't wait to get out and ride!
    4.) Bought my first mountain bike in 1986.
    5.) I frequent a couple firearms websites and a couple related to my career(fire service).

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing info from this website.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Old newbie checking in from Los Angeles. I used to have an account here under Endomaster, real name is Agustin, but I guess it became inactive after some time. I'm 39, used to ride the Fullerton Loop in Fullerton, CA regularly as well as some of the south OC trails every once in a while. In any case, I'm back, along with a few more pounds. I rode a Yeti 575 which I am currently tearing down to relube all joints and replace things like cabling and chain.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello! I used to ride my bike a lot some 10 years ago, but ever since i moved to the US (and left my bike at home) i had waited for the right time to get a new one. I decided not to wait anymore.

1.) Where you are from? Framingham, MA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm happy i'm not using my training wheels anymore...
    3.) How many bikes you own? GT Aggressor 2010
    4.) How long have you been riding? I got my bike on June this year

(picture was taken today at Callahan State Park)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-09182011353.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011

hi...from french alps

hi,i'm skibizz i'm 27 year old and i french rider,i live at bourg saint maurice in french alps.
    I'm new in this forum and i ride a mountain bike 5 years ago only downhill.This summer i ride with many cool english people in france.I ride with commencal atherton dh and my new enduro yeti sb 66.
    I'm come here to speak,read about bike,and perfect my bad english with you...

bye and see you soon...

Page 9 of 89 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast