Page 9 of 175 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Good Afternoon

John. Southern Calif. 2000 Trek VRX 200. Quit ridding 8 years ago, bike just hung in Garage. Accidently wound up in Moab 3 weeks ago and found SlickRock late one night. I put SlickRock on my Bucket list when I saw the downhill Racing on HD TV many years back. I am going to start Ridding again and prepare for Moab, cause next Year when I show up I'm Gona have my Bike and not have to walk it. I belong to a Several Forums ,teh Paradox, Delphi(Host the GEEZERS MC) there, Many Harley Forums, Motorcyle Touring Forums, FJ TTORA. My Name comes from Good Ole Dad. Enjoy

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi. I'm from central Cal at the base of the Giant Sequoias. New to mtn biking but love it.
    Own a Cannondale Moto 3. It seems to work fine for now. Going back to China Peak Aug
    14 for some DH fun. Who also rides there?

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    1.) Currently living in Berea, KY.
    2.) Still a beginner in terms of official MTBing, but growing up on/around farms, I've always had a bike to play around on. Trail-riding and -racing is fast becoming one of my favorite things.
    3.) Three bikes that I ride (MTB, commuter, and one I put a motor on), and anywhere from three to a few thousand others that I use for parts.
    4.) Got my first bike when I was about five or six, but didn't start using a bike for transportation or "actual" riding until about seven years ago.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Primitive Archer, ZoomBicycles, Motorbicycling, GotMead.

I have no idea what brand my MTB is: got it second-hand from someone who tried to do a custom paint job and stripped the decals in the process. Sometime or other, I'll post a picture of it somewhere on here to see if anyone can help identify it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Ok, ok I'll quit being a lurker.
    Live and ride around ABQ, NM area. Been riding casually for years now but recently became an addict. I ride an aluminum Blur XC. Enjoy all kinds of trails and the occasional race. The New Mexico forum is my main source of MTB news for my area.
    Cheers.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi I'm Brad

I'm from the North Georgia area.
    I have a Santa Cruz Heckler.
    I've been riding for close to ten years, but just in the last five months I have been riding almost everyday.
    I ride mostly single track and I like the more technical trails.
    Never thought I would enjoy riding as much as I do now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hello

Do I need top-secret clearance, too? My god posting to this forum is a pain in the ass.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? America
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? One
    4.) How long have you been riding? Technically for 14 years, but some breaks in there.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites): Not that much.

mtbr member
    Hey there,

Be carefull, you may be considered unpatriotic for those slanderous comments; next thing you know you'll be labeled a terroroist ;-). .......hehehehe..................Sorry I could not resist. hehehehe

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hey there. My name is Jeff. I've been a road rider and triathlete for 5 years. I was a mtb'er in a former life and have decided to start racing xterra. I just bought a new bike after selling my old hardtail. Super excited to get back on the dirt.

I'm from Austin, Tx.
    I have 6 bikes. A couple roadies, a tri bike, a ss, a new mtb., and a vintage cruiser.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Fahzure

Rider: Sending it since the '70's, I ride it all, still learning: table 3's this fall!
    Last count: +20
    Riding since Nixon
    I don't frequent forums

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New to Off Road

I'm Brad...been a roadie for years but live in one of the best MTB areas in the nation here in the mountains of central MD...and...we have the great C&O canal ride across MD that's just a couple miles from my home...I've tried it all and now want to dip more seriously into some offroad riding to supplement my road riding...

I currently own a Specialized S-Works SL-2 Tarmac road bike & I'm building up a Surly Troll frameset for my offroad needs which will include both harder fitness rides and multi-day treks...

To me...it's all the cheapest form of therapy known to man...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Nickname is Lucho. I placed 13th at Ironman Hawaii in 2003. Ran a 2:30 marathon at Denver in 2007 and then 6th at the Leadville 100 run last year. I'm in the Leadville 100 bike next week... lots of reservations about starting in the last corral.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    1.) Bob from Tilburg, the Netherlands
    2.) Beginner biker
    3.) Just the one
    4.) Been riding since fall of 2010
    5.) mountainbike.nl

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My name is Matt. Started racing triathlon in 2007 on a club college team, and started MTB about a year and a half ago. Hoping to start doing more off-road racing (tri and MTB).

1.) Where you are from? Originally southern California, then Lake Havasu, now in Tucson (since 1998)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? triathlete, trail and XC rider, soon-to-be racer
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3-Felt 9 Race HT, Scott Addict roadie, Cervelo P2C tri bike.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 2007, MTB since April 2010
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? New here...mostly slowtwitch I guess. Good for entertainment value...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Hello from Alaska

I'm new and love to ride in Alaska. My main ride is an 09 cannondale moto 4. I like to freeride all of Alaska.

great to see this forum and look forward to learning.

Paul

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Now, I'm officially active...

1.) Where you are from?
    Pittsburgh, PA

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    Improving weekend trail/single track warrior

3.) How many bikes you own?

4.) How long have you been riding?
    Almost my whole life, on and off, but consistently for a few years

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    n/a

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Portland Oregon
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? Giant-Talon 29er
    4.) How long have you been riding? Well I've had real shitty bikes for a long time. So only a few weeks I guess.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This one and FOH Guild Message Board

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

new

From pa beginner one bike its nothin special don't know what to do from here and jus starting ridding

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New from socal

Hey my names Dan. I love riding trails and road. Both my bikes were stolen yesterday. Iron horse maverick team and fugi road bike Newest 3.0

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Hello from Maryland

1.) Where you are from? Born in Wisconsin, grew up in Vermont, now living in Baltimore, Maryland
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Casual, trail, trying to get back out there after more than ten years.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 - Offroad Pro-Am, bought at Essex Junction Bicycles, Essex Junction, VT around 1992.
    4.) How long have you been riding? MTB since 1992
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? New here

mtbr member
    1.) Jake, 24 years old from Louisville, KY
    2.) Kind of a beginner, XC mostly with some all mountain
    3.) One. A 2009 Trek Fuel EX 5.5
    4.) Since 2008
    5.) All kinds

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New on the forum

I'm getting obstinant in my old age. I almost decided to answer these 5 questions in 5 separate posts so I could start a couple threads I'm interested in getting some reader feedback on, but decided to play by the rules.

I Live in Marin
    I ride like I've been there dun that, jus don't bounce like I used to!
    I own 3 bikes, old school EVO's
    I've been Mountain Biking since 95
    I Like to wrench and build
    I Frequent Old School Hot Rod Forums most

Ride like there's no tomorrow, and if there is; so you still have some ride left in you!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Black Hills, SD
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All Mountain, Like endurance riding, racing
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3- GF Hifi Carbon Pro, Trek Hardtail, GF Roadie
    4.) How long have you been riding? MTB since 2002 active
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mostly just like to read but starting to have more questions that I need help with

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hey guys, name is Matt, from Oklahoma...yes its pretty flat here but from the little research I've done I should find some places to shred.

Always had a bike untill I got a car then stopped riding them. Was more a bmx rider. Had a Dyno that was way too heavy. Now I have the urge to get back on a bike and I have always been interested in downhill mtb.

Been looking around at some used bikes so I'm looking forward to getting some feedback, and from the looks of it this forum is pretty active. Am a member of many car forums, mostly Honda/Import but not too active on them now.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by rvrrdr View Post
    My name is Matt. Started racing triathlon in 2007 on a club college team, and started MTB about a year and a half ago. Hoping to start doing more off-road racing (tri and MTB).

1.) Where you are from? Originally southern California, then Lake Havasu, now in Tucson (since 1998)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? triathlete, trail and XC rider, soon-to-be racer
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3-Felt 9 Race HT, Scott Addict roadie, Cervelo P2C tri bike.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 2007, MTB since April 2010
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? New here...mostly slowtwitch I guess. Good for entertainment value...

I bet living around Lake Havasu was fun? Heard that place is the American version of Cancun on a lake.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    hello my name is paul new to the forum just thought id say hello

1)Where are you from ? leicester uk
    2)What kind of rider do you consider yourself? xc & trails just learning
    3)How many bikes you own ? just 1 im affraid a gt avalanche 1.0 no idea what year but its far from the original bike now.
    4)How long have you been riding? since winter 2010
    5)What forums do you frequent most? none really i just look when i need to find stuff out

mtbr member

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mike, I'm 25 and new to the forum (and to mountain biking).

1) I live in Avondale, Arizona
    2.) I'm a beginner rider, but due to my skateboarding background I have all the guts just none of the skill, yet.
    3.) 1 Bike. I just bought a Specialized Rockhopper
    4.) 2 weeks
    5.) Just started looking at the AZ forums on this website.

My brother and dad got me interested in this crazy sport and I can't get enough so far despite some nasty crashes from going big!

Bandit 29 FTW!!!
    I guess this is the best place to get started...

1) I am Texas born and raised...
    2) I ride mostly pavement and light XC...
    3) I've gone from 1 to 6 bikes in the past 4 months...
    4) Bought my first MTB 4 months ago...
    5) Hang out mostly in the General forum right now...I'm like a sponge.

My first bike purchase was used and purely spontaneous. My wife was willing to try it out so we got her's from a LBS because she is an XS. Long story short I bought a couple more bikes and now my wife, daughter and son (both teens) ride 2-3 times a week. We are hooked.

Bummer...just saw that I can't post pics until after 10-posts...I'll come back and put some up when I've reached my mark.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi,

1. Malvern, PA
    2. Beginner. Last time I had a bike was about 24 years ago.
    3. Will be 1. I just got a go from wife so will be getting 2012 Hardrock Disc on my next payday which will be 15th of this month.
    4. Can't remember. It's been too long ago last time I did.
    5. I'll have to see still as I'm just about to start.

Well, 4 more to go before I start asking noob questions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    1) I'm from the Metro Vancouver area in BC, Canada
    2) I'm more of an opportunist. I ride mostly around the city to do errands, but if i can find a quick trail or something to get where I'm going, even if it is a bit longer, I'll take it
    3) One, due to the life of a poor university student....
    4) I've been trail riding ever since I went camping when I was young, about 10 years old. My first true trail was the perimeter trail around Shuswap Lake Park, and I still like going for speed runs with my cousins on it when I'm there. Started out as 30mins to complete a full run and now I've narrowed it down to around 5-10 mins
    5) To be honest, this is my first true mountain bike forums here.

mtbr member
    Helloooo...Cyber-Peeps. Before I hit the bullet points...This site is my fave for reviews. There's alot
    of educated opinions that come through here! I've made many part buying decisions based on what
    the site users recommend. Thanks for offering what is hands down the most comprehensive MTB
    info gathering site on the web!

Still rock'n my old Fisher

Please allow me to add another topic, What bike do you regret selling!

1) From? Pittsburgh PA
    2) Rider type? Trail and Recreational
    3) # of Bikes? 2 + a Monkey frame awaiting some parts
    4) Riding since? 1996
    5) Other forums? Dirt-Rag and Stickbow.com
    6) Regretable sale? Jamis Dakar Team frame w/a butt-load of cool parts for a meager $400.
    (I needed the money and was glad that an avid rider from MI got a sweet deal)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-hoo-koo-e-koo.jpg  

Last edited by Badassbassangler; 08-02-2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: adding pic
    Only if I got paid to hang out in my garage and tweak on my bikes...

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Wink Why I joined the forum

Hi to everyone,
    My name is Warren.
    I live in Yukon OK.
    I use my Bike(s) to run errands around town, relax and cruise the neighborhoods,looking at houses for sale and to get landscaping ideas for my own home.
    I started riding at 7 years young on a 24 inch Montgomery Ward bike. After world war 2 I got a 26 inch bike for my birthday from the Firestone store.

The big reason I joined this forum is that in the process of trying to find a picture of parts breakdown for my suntour thumbshifter on my 1974 schwinn suburban, I ran across your forum and noted all the great comments about thumbshifters and suntour in general. I took my shifter apart to replace the cable, had all the parts laid in a container in the order they came out, and accidentally dumped the container.
    I was hoping someone in the forum could tell me how this thing goes back together. I have it back together, but I know it is not right because it doesn't work like it did.
    You can contact me at my email address instead of boring the rest of the forum members with the information. I appreciate any help you can give me. email address (1wideguagerr@cox.net
    Respectfully,
    Warren

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Charlie from WV. Riding XC several days a week. starting to get a lot more aggresive on downhills and looking to move on to FS.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) I'm Joe from Atlanta, GA
    2.) Beginner Rider, I don't count my college days of getting to class as experience.
    3.) I have my old college ride and my new Cannondale SL4 ride.
    4.) I've been riding since i was a little kid, but for real maybe since freshman year of college.
    5.) Slickdeals.net, Wrxatlanta.com, and fatwallet.com. I like my bargain shopping.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hi fellow cycle enthusiasts!

I live in Golden CO
    First and foremost, I consider myself a roadie junkie; secondly, a never-improving mountain bike rider who just adds to my on-going collection of cuts, scrapes and bruises
    I own an old Gary Fisher MB, a Trek 2200 Road bike (soon to be replaced by a brand new Parlee Z5 which I won)!!! Thirdly, if this counts, I also own a motorized scooter, which only runs when it feels like it....tempermental SOB!
    Been riding MB's far longer than you'd think by my poor handling skills. Road riding since 2002.
    First-time forum for me

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    let's see...SLC by way of AZ.

bikes? Any and all...singlespeed, hardtail 29er, road and cross, etc.

I don't have a preference for riding...I just like to ride bikes.

Riding bikes since I was a kid - Love MTBR, just never really posted and now I finally have some legit questions so I figured I would ante up. Great reviews here, great info.

mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm Heyo Everyone!

Hey Everybody.

I'm relatively new to the mountain biking community. For a year or so i had only been going on trail rides once a month, however i have more recently gotten more involved in my local MTB community here in Alpharetta, GA.

Currently, i have been riding for two years, and ride a Felt Q520.

Nice to meet everyone!
    Last edited by jacobhdylan; 08-03-2011 at 08:18 PM.

mtbr member

Meesta Chow just needa a little bump

1.) West Chester, PA

2.) Beginner

3.) 0. Hoping to buy in a week. Looking for a 29er.

4.) Tried mountain biking through Boy Scouts 4 or 5 years ago. Never had the cabbage to throw down on a MTB until now.

5.) This is the only forum I am registered with.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New

Hey im new here just wanted to say hi

1.) From Orchard Park,Ny
    2.) I used to ride alot a few years ago stopped for awhile and now just getting back into riding
    3.) I own 1 bike i just bought it its a Mongoose Deception
    4.) Probably about 5 years in total
    5.) this is my 1st biking forum

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Bozeman, MT
    Getting back into riding
    own 1 bike, second bike on it's way
    first year back after 20 years
    1st forum

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Hi Guys, im Scott, i come from Scotland (funny huh? :P ) ive got a cube reaction pro 18" frame which i built using my 2009 cube reaction pro 20" , plenty upgraded/aftermarket parts. Ive also just recently bought a Marin Wolfridge 6.8, took it to the local trail centre and its a bit of an animal, its the first full susser ive owned.
    Ive been riding bikes all my life (badly) but have only really started propperly with the trails and going out 2 /3 times a week locally since 2010, its all good so far.

cheers
    scott

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

New user

1.) Where you are from? => Finland
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? => Difficult trails are close to my heart.
    3.) How many bikes you own? => Just one, 2010 Rocky Mountain Altitude 90 RSL
    4.) How long have you been riding? => 6 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Rocky Mountain, 29er

mtbr member
    Stubbled across MTBR by searching for reviews to research a new mountain bike I plan to get pretty soon.

1.) Where you are from? Originally from New Hampshire but now live in Arizona
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Guess I'm somewhere in the middle between expert and training wheels. Tried just about anything on two wheels(with or without a motor)
    3.) How many bikes you own? Currently nothing with pedals, hope to change that really soon.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Many moons. Looking to get back into mountain bikes after about 7 or so years.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mainly frequent quite a few motorcycle forums as motorcycles are one of my true passions.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Hi! I'm Jake from north western PA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner/weekend warrior
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Beat up a lot of Kmart specials growing up....then took a 15 year hiatus from anything biking when I got my drivers license! Just started riding again this spring.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? HuntingPA mostly

I just started riding again, mostly for fitness. I like to hit the singletracks and pick my way through roots and rock gardens the most. I've always loved the outdoors and spend a good portion of my free time hunting, fishing, hiking and now MTBing. I don't have the best bike(BD - Dawes Haymaker 1500), but it's working fine and it's far and away the best bike I've ever owned. I'm mechanically inclined and enjoy working on stuff so I'm learning all I can about bikes and doing most of my own work too.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by R3demption View Post
    I bet living around Lake Havasu was fun? Heard that place is the American version of Cancun on a lake.
    Something like that. Very quiet during the week (everything closes at 9 pm), and crazy on the weekends during the summer. Winter is busy with "winter visitors". Was always more athlete than party animal though. Freaking hot in the summer (regularly 110+), usually windy, and the whole town is on a hill. Didn't bother me much as a kid, but don't know if I could go back.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Bd

Has anyone else had difficulty dealing with Bikes Direct? I have e-mailed them for the 3rd and last time and can't believe how unprofessional they were. I inquired about the Motobecane 29er pro which they are out of. All I wanted to know is when they anticipated getting a new shipment of sizes I'm looking for a 19". This company could care less about getting back to me whether it be by phone or e-mail. I'm glad I did not do business with them what if I had problems they won't communicate with you. Since I can't afford the bike I would like at my lbs does anyone have suggestions of a reputable online site to do business with?

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

New rider kinda.

My Name Is Mark
    1.) Where you are from? Manchester NH
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Used to ride alot. But had to sell my trek.
    3.) How many bikes you own? I own a free old giant yukon. Saving for a SS 29er
    4.) How long have you been riding? I have been riding road, Mountain biking on and off for ten years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just this one at the moment.

I will post a Picture of my new bike in a month or so.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hello mtbr.com

Hello...

1.) I am from Calgary, AB Canada
    2.) I love AM riding but also ride road, XC, and DH
    3.) I currently own six bikes (yikes!)
    4.) I have been riding almost as long as I have been walking
    5.) Other than here I also frequent bikeforums.net

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hello

1) Stillwater, OK
    2) Complete N00b/WW
    3) Just one
    4) Used to ride some as a teenager, haven't ridden a bike in quite some time
    5) Just this forum really

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

checking in

Breckenridge, CO
    Been riding off and on since the 70s; getting back into it with my son and son-in-law.
    I've got a Klein Attitude and a Felt cruiser, and I just bought a Motobecane FS 29er.
    I'm new to the forums, so I'll be looking around.