Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889
Results 8,801 to 8,815 of 8815
    mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    New to the forum, but not to mountain biking. Hello Fam!

1.) San Diego, CA native
    2.) I ride All Mountain/Enduro mostly
    3.) I've only owned 3 bikes in my life time. A Huffy back in the 80's, 2009 Trek Fuel EX9 that I recently sold, and now a 2017 Santa Cruz Nomad CC
    4.) I've been riding all my life but took a break between 1994-2008 haha!
    5.) I don't frequent any forums as far as mountain biking so this is a first for me

I love to ride bikes! Haven't been able to do that as much being active duty Navy for 20 years but that's all about to change when I retire in December! Looking forward to contributing to the community in all shapes and forms and meeting true enthusiasts from around the world. Check out my youtube channel if you get a chance! Dedicated to riding trails and less talk

Keep Pedaling!!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIB...Xtx8y576o5zuhg

-MTB Chris

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    1) I am from Rutherfordton North Carolina

2) I am a very experienced rider that is having to start all over with some handicaps. I am just trying to get back on a bike.

3) Currently I only have 1 bike. I just purchased it used and fixed it back up as I am on an extreme budget.

4) I have been riding for 33 years. About 6 of those years were spent traveling from competition to competition.

5) I am a huge car and truck fanatic. I have been on a few sites other than this site. I havnt been on this site in years as I didn't think I would ever ride a bike again.

Current Bike:
    2002 Titus loco-moto
    Chris king hubs
    Mavic 819 rims
    Chris king headset
    Chris king bottom bracket
    Race face deus cranks
    Avid juicy 7 brakes
    Race face carbon rise bars
    Bontrager race stem
    Cheap carbon seatpost
    Cheap mtb seat
    Panaracer firexc tires
    XTR front derailleur
    X9 rear derailleur
    SRAM 9.0 halfpipe gripshift
    Fox rp23 shock
    Fox float 100 rlc fork

I bought the bike in some serious need of care. I have an extensive background of building and servicing bikes so it wasn't too scary. I completely disassembled the entire bike and every component and cleaned and re-lubed the parts. I drained the brakes and flushed them with new fluid. Changed the pads, and resealed the tires. Dissasembled the fork and shock, and cleaned the seals. I also replaced the shock and fork oil. I replaced the pivot bearings, and lubed all pivot points. The cranks looked super faded and oxidized so I hit them with a scotchbrite until they looked new. The bike seems to be pretty good and about ready to ride. I replaced the shifters and put new cables. I just need to do a final tune and take it out on some trails.

I used to be a very high level rider but was diagnosed with lung disease and had a love of my lung removed. During this they also found that I have a rare spinal disease (ankylosing spondilitus). I have about 45% lung function left and am in constant pain all the time so I won't be able to ride at the level I used to.

Previous bikes that I sold just after I got sick.

Mountain Cycle Battery with crazy high spec build

OnOne lurcher single speed all carbon everything

Trek Fuel EX 9.7

I am excited to get back on a bike. I am hoping to save up some money so that I can get my wife a decent used bike so she can ride with me. When I got sick we lost most of our finances and had to move and basically sell everything we had. I have three kids and they all like to ride as well, but they are on Walmart bikes for now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I am looking for information on a Paramount Series 70 bicycle that my daughter gave me. I l live in Washington State and ride a Trek road bike when I can. Im 71 years old but still love to ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    1.) Where you are from? MN/WI
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? "weekend warrior"
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2: 2018 Fatboy, Revenio converted to flat bar
    4.) How long have you been riding?On and off since childhood
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Gateway to airguns (my other hobby)

Been lurking for some time... Thought I'd register to get more out of this forum

Hi all!

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    1.) Where you are from? Los Molinos, Ca (The real Nor. Cal)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Mountain, trail
    3.) How many bikes you own? I currently own about 20+ bikes
    4.) How long have you been riding? Ive been riding bikes now for about 48 years... First bike was a Schwinn Stingray back in the late 60's
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This is the first forum Ive joined. Looking for some help identifying a full suspension frame I bought from a metal recycling business near my place. I posted pictures of the only remaining graphics left on the frame and also included a picture of the serial number on the bottom of the frame. I find old bikes and frames that people don't want, either because the don't want them or don't want to spend the money fixing them, I fix them and sell them really cheap to people that can afford to buy or give them away to needy families... also do a little tattooing on the side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4175.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4176.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4177.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4178.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4179.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4180.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4181.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4182.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4183.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dscn4184.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Hey, I'm Tess (aka: the dusty Betty.) I've been riding almost 4 years. I travel full-time and I love seeking great biking all-around the country. I document my rides and my MTB exploits on YouTube.

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    1.) Tacoma, WA area
    2.) Beginner, I'm 41 now, last time on trails was when I was 14 I think (well before last week anyway)
    3.) 1 for me, 1 for wife, a number of them for the kids (mix of BMX, MTB, Beach cruiser)
    4.) A few times this summer on my 21 year old Schwinn rigid
    5.) Mostly 4x4 and dirtbike/Adv riding stuff.

Looks like there's more info here than I could ever learn. I'll probably be hanging out in the Clydesdale section looking for things that I won't break so easily.

mtbr member
    1 NW Arkansas
    2 XC - Single track mostly
    3 I've got a 1990 Cannondale full rigid 3.0 and a 2004 Cannondale scalpel 3000 Lefty
    4 All my life
    5 This is my only forum now...lots of gun forums in the past

I've enjoyed my time here so far...Happy trails everyone!

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    1.) I'm from Salt Lake City, UT but originally from New England
    2.) I consider myself a downhill/trail/endure rider. I bike uphill purely to go downhill.
    3.) I currently own (3) bikes, which is not nearly enough
    4.) I rode road bikes for the past 15 years but started mountain biking and focused on that about 5 years ago
    5.) I'm a long time lurker.

mtbr member
    Hi all! I am Andrew Larson from Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am running specialized s works enduro expert as well as an m4(don't use because shocks where slaughtered) Enduro had other parts but now I am selling them to buy better ones) I like enduro, downhill, and slope style (with friends) I have been riding trail since I was 7. I used to have low end bikes. I like all forums.And killer v

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    1.) Where you are from? Baton Rouge, La Recently moved to South Asheville, NC
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner mountain trails
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2: Giant Escape and Trek Marlin 5
    4.) How long have you been riding? On and off since childhood
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Pirate 4x4, tigerdroppings

Just getting back into riding, my oldest is 7 and wants to start riding the trails around here.

Jacob

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    1. I'm from Pismo Beach, CA.
    2. I'm an intermediate/advanced rider. Been riding forever.
    3. I've got 3 bikes total, my main Specialized Camber (about 5 years old now), an old Klein from the 90's, and a road bike (that I hardly ever ride).
    4. Really got into riding on a regular basis in college - say late 80's? Started riding hard core and racing in about '90.
    5. Other forums? Stuff about F250 diesel trucks (my 6-point-uh-oh Powerstroke is always breaking), and ATVs (the other fun dirt-related hobby the whole family enjoys!).

Kids are starting to go off to college, so my wife and I have lots more time to ride now (she's a harder core rider than me - how'd I get so lucky?). Looking forward to getting new bikes in the next year or so too, and learning lots of cool stuff from the forum!

Scott

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Hello everyone. My name is Michael.
    1.) I am live in Greenwood, Indiana.
    2.) I am a beginner who is looking to loss weight, get into shape, and learn riding trails.
    3.) I currently own a Mongoose STAT from Walmart. It was all I could afford to get when I bought it 3 or 4 years ago.
    4.) Even though I have had the bike for a few years, I have just recently began to ride. I been riding around my neighborhood trying to get into shape and loose weight. I usually ride 3 to 5 miles at a time.
    5.) I have joined this forum and I have also requested to join the HMBA forum.

I have made a few upgrades to my bike replacing the front derailleur and gears along with the bottom bracket. Not sure if I will do anymore upgrades or invest in a new or used bike for riding trails. I am looking forward to learning about this great sport from the members.

Mike P.

noob bikepacker
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1971 View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Michael.
    1.) I am live in Greenwood, Indiana.
    2.) I am a beginner who is looking to loss weight, get into shape, and learn riding trails.
    3.) I currently own a Mongoose STAT from Walmart. It was all I could afford to get when I bought it 3 or 4 years ago.
    4.) Even though I have had the bike for a few years, I have just recently began to ride. I been riding around my neighborhood trying to get into shape and loose weight. I usually ride 3 to 5 miles at a time.
    5.) I have joined this forum and I have also requested to join the HMBA forum.

I have made a few upgrades to my bike replacing the front derailleur and gears along with the bottom bracket. Not sure if I will do anymore upgrades or invest in a new or used bike for riding trails. I am looking forward to learning about this great sport from the members.

Mike P.
    Welcome to it dude!! FYI, I lost over 100lbs via riding (and changing my eating habits for the better ). It is a great way to lose weight. Definitely look into getting a stringer bike if you are going to ride anything rough. The Wally World bikes are not the safest depending on the trail.

I suggest fully rigid steel : Surly Bikes

other s here will suggest many different types of bikes, but for me, this was the best bang for the buck. Simple, strong, rugged...a tank. I have a 2015 Krampus. It was like getting 3 bikes in one!

If you have any questions this is the place to be...sift through all the info you will get. The best thing to do is to think about HOW you will ride and WHERE you will mostly ride as you start shopping bikes/parts. This will help make wise choices when ou go to invest in a bike!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    1.) Where you are from? Tamaulipas, Mexico
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All Mountain
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 an Alubike XTA 2014, Specialized Camber 2015 and an Azonic Revenge 2008
    4.) How long have you been riding? 10 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? MTBR and GMBN on youtube.

Came here for reviews, and now i'm registering because i need help bulding my azonic.

Page 89 of 89 FirstFirst ... 39798586878889