Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788
Results 8,701 to 8,754 of 8754
    mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Name's Ben. Picked up a hard tail almost 2 years ago. Was off the bike for almost a a full year, but started back up again last weekend and forgot how much I enjoyed it. Joined the site for info, events and to buy some goodies!

1.) Where you are from? Richardson, TX
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Trail n00b.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Used to ride all the time in school, now trying to get back into it.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? None.

Last edited by BenCronin04; 04-11-2017 at 06:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Good evening,
    I'm P. From La Verne, Ca
    I'm a mtbr
    Mostly trail with my family
    Purchased my first "New" mtb, entry level cannondale hardtail

Just wanted to say hello and happy riding!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hey ya'll, was a member here years ago, broke my back and quit riding, now I'm back in the saddle after two years down.
    1.) Where you are from? Georgia
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I ride for fun, more of an explorer than racer. And I'm too important to my family to be sending big jumps anymore.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 personally, four in the household (wife has two and one for my little girl).
    4.) How long have you been riding? 33 years give or take, 28 of those on trails in the woods with quite a few gaps in between.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? MTBR (lurker) Singletracks, Fractal Users Forum, TGP, gear****s.

I play music as well, love fixing small things, hate working on cars.

mtbr member
    Hey fellow MTBrs, name is Drew, from SoCal area. Use to ride a lot starting as a BMXr in my teens and early twenties, then transitioned into enduro & all mountain MTBing. Somewhere along the line, life got in the way and hadn't ridden seriously in almost a decade but just started back in it about a year ago and realized how much I love it. Hoping to get to know some folks here or even perhaps meet some like-minded SoCal riders to hit some trails.

1.) Where you are from? Long Beach, CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Intermediate enduro and light on all mountain.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2, a Trek Wahoo hardtail and just picked up a FS Hal5 Comp
    4.) How long have you been riding? Over a decade, a pause, now back on the trails.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mostly this one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Hello

My name is Gene, from Montgomery Al. My wife and I just started riding about a month ago. after dealing with health problems for many years and sitting behind a desk for 12 hours a day for the last 12 years, I decided I had to get some form of exercise and drop some weight. I'm 53 years old and felt about 80. after talking to a friend of mine, we went to our LBS and bought a Rockhopper 29 sport for me and a Jynx sport for her. well, now we can't get enough of the Gravel roads and single Tracks. getting a lot of good info here, really enjoy the forum and, YES, the upgrade bug has bitten.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hi, long time lurker, finally signed up. Have been on bikes most of my life, but only riding trails about 5 years now. Lucky to have lived in some places with great riding: Colorado Springs, Morro Bay, Flagstaff, and now Bend.

1.) Where you are from? originally from Kansas, currently living in Bend, OR

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? reformed r**die

3.) How many bikes you own? 2

4.) How long have you been riding? about 5 years of trail riding, many years before that wondering around gravel roads in kansas.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? oregon, tool time, passion

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hey There,

Tom M from Marin County CA. Grew up in Larkspur / Corte Madera watching Mountain Biking grow from the original roots. I worked at Walkers Chevron in Larkspur and watched the guys come off the hill and fill the bike tires all the time. The invited me out for a ride and I turned them down! One one of my biggest regrets.... Love riding all over Tam and up in Lake Tahoe Riding a Specialized Camber Comp 29er.
    I am pretty committed rider who gets really bummed out when I miss a ride. I ride 5-7 days a week, It's my Therapy!

mtbr member
    Geez, what do you do to be able to ride 5 - 7 days? I'm lucky to be able to hit a trail once a week

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Here goes….
    1. I am Dindo and I come from the Philippines.
    2. I consider myself as a week end warrior and prefer XC trail and all mountain expeditions.
    3. I only have one MTB.
    4. I used to be a road biker and just started with mountain biking.
    5. I prefer participating in technical MTB forums and reviews of new component parts.

Being recently accepted in this MTRB forum, I expect to learn a lot about MTB as a sport and hobby. It took me 3 years to build my MTB, buying parts from ebay, on lines stores, etc.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hey,
    1.) from denver, CO
    2.) im an intermediate all mtn rider
    3.) i currently own just one bike and looking to upgrade!
    4.) i've been riding inconsistently for about 10 years and more consistently for about 2 years
    5.) been checking out mainly general forums bc new to the site havent had much time to look around

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Thanks for the add everyone!! FuntivityColton checking in here

1.) Golden, CO - MTB paradise.
    2.) Expert
    3.) 3. Stumpjumper carbon(race bike), Rocky Mountain Instinct(trail), Orbea Onix(road)
    4.) 15 years. Seriously racing for 4ish.
    5.) Singletracks, Reddit, Pinkbike, etc.

If you want to get to know me, check out my Youtube channel . This is my most recent video from shredding in Moab -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm5Rck7DCQY.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hey everyone, new guy to the forum here! The names Brandon and I'm from Southwest Missouri. I've just recently gotten into mountain biking but grew up racing BMX and riding freestyle BMX then transitioned over to Motocross/hare scrambles for many years. Decided i wanted to get back on a pedal bike mainly for fitness but have been falling in love with riding my MTB. Started on an Orbea 29'er hardtail last year and upgraded to an Orbea Occam AM about a month ago. I can't seem to stay off this thing now! haha.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Ok, been lurking for awhile, learning lots of stuff reading through the posts but figured i should sign in so I can ask questions.

I live on Vancouver Island and consider myself a novice. Never spent much time on bikes as a kid so started late to the mtb scene. Started on a hardtail, but hated it, switched to a Camber 29er and hit the trails. Its been a steep learning curve but a lot of fun. After several years I bought a Process 153 last spring and I love it. Super fun bike, even took it to the bike parks (MT Washington and Whistler) and had a blast. Looking to do more DH this year and hoping to go look at a DH bike later this week! Just looking to keep learning and improving

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Greetings All,

I'm JC from the Lehigh Valley area of PA, as well my wife and I spend 6-8 weeks in the NW Adirondacks of NY.
    Just getting back into the most awesome activity (well maybe not THE most awesome...) after a 20 year break.
    Since it's been so long and at 62, I'll consider myself a beginner...
    WOW, have things changed... 29's, full suspension, dropper posts, etc, etc, etc!!!
    I have an old Mongoose clunker from 1984, and a Cannonade F500 that was upgraded about 22 years ago. I just had the F500 cleaned and tuned up.
    Fortunately we live in an area with extensive canal tow paths and rail trails, so... not a lot of excessive climbs.
    Right now, my wife (she just got a LIV) & I are building up our endurance and basic skill sets.
    As mentioned earlier we spend a lot of time in NW ADK, I have found some nice beginner trails local to where we stay -so we're excited to take our bikes up to the North Country!
    If things work out as planned, I would love to try out some beginner downhill. I feel that I should consider getting a full suspension 'Trail' bike and have been looking at the Giant Trance. They appear to have the most for the $'s. Any other suggestions (am looking at a max budget of $2500) would be appreciated.
    Well, that's about it! Am really excited to get back into MTBing and... getting some exercise while I'm at it!!
    Lastly, along with new bike ideas, I'm also looking to find 'local beginner' trails in Eastern PA..
    Thanks Again!!

noob bikepacker
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWReX View Post
    Greetings All,

I'm JC from the Lehigh Valley area of PA, as well my wife and I spend 6-8 weeks in the NW Adirondacks of NY.
    Just getting back into the most awesome activity (well maybe not THE most awesome...) after a 20 year break.
    WOW, have things changed... 29's, full suspension, dropper posts, etc, etc, etc!!!
    I have an old Mongoose clunker from 1984, and a Cannonade F500 that was upgraded about 22 years ago. I just had the F500 cleaned and tuned up.
    Fortunately we live in an area with extensive canal tow paths and rail trails, so... not a lot of excessive climbs.
    Right now, my wife (she just got a LIV) & I are building up our endurance and basic skill sets.
    As mentioned earlier we spend a lot of time in NW ADK, I have found some nice beginner trails local to where we stay -so we're excited to take our bikes up to the North Country!
    If things work out as planned, I would love to try out some beginner downhill. I feel that I should consider getting a full suspension 'Trail' bike and have been looking at the Giant Trance. They appear to have the most for the $'s. Any other suggestions (am looking at a max budget of $2500) would be appreciated.
    Well, that's about it! Am really excited to get back into MTBing and... getting some exercise while I'm at it!!
    Lastly, along with new bike ideas, I'm also looking to find 'local beginner' trails in Eastern PA..
    Thanks Again!!
    hey!!1 Welcome back to it! I also love the North Country, especially the Lake Placid and Whiteface areas! Might even retire up there eventually.

What kind of "Mongoose junker" from 84 do you have? I am an old Mongoose junkie (from my BMX days in the 70's and 80's).
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWReX View Post
    Greetings All,

Thanks Again!!
    Welcome,

Used to live in Easton so there are many trails in the surrounding area, just access the MTBproject web site and you'll see some of them. The Jordan Creek Parkway is pretty nice and some decent hills. Enjoy!

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hey all!

1. Originally from MN, currently in Vermillion, SD for grad school, but would call central Iowa my home
    2. Definitely a beginner
    3. Currently riding my dad's 40 year old Schwinn, but looking to get a hybrid soon
    4. Started biking again last fall
    5. I've been spending a lot of time on mtbr and bikeforums to educate myself

I'm looking forward to being part of the community and dive deeper into the world of biking!

noob bikepacker
    Quote Originally Posted by PTzach View Post
    Hey all!

1. Originally from MN, currently in Vermillion, SD for grad school, but would call central Iowa my home
    2. Definitely a beginner
    3. Currently riding my dad's 40 year old Schwinn, but looking to get a hybrid soon
    4. Started biking again last fall
    5. I've been spending a lot of time on mtbr and bikeforums to educate myself

I'm looking forward to being part of the community and dive deeper into the world of biking!
    Welcome to it "Flatlander" (as I like to call my Midwestern MTB brethern). Be carefull on that old Schwinn!!! And don't overlook Fully Rigid Steel as a new MTB option! I researched for 2 years before getting off of my 30 year old Trek, and am very happy with my Surly Krampus. Depends on the kind of riding you will end up doing, but just a quick suggestion!
    "It's about having pointless fun in the woods...." - Walt
    '15 Surly Krampus
    '87 Mongoose Californian Pro

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sXeXBMXer View Post
    Welcome to it "Flatlander" (as I like to call my Midwestern MTB brethern). Be carefull on that old Schwinn!!! And don't overlook Fully Rigid Steel as a new MTB option! I researched for 2 years before getting off of my 30 year old Trek, and am very happy with my Surly Krampus. Depends on the kind of riding you will end up doing, but just a quick suggestion!
    Thanks for the advice! My wife and I will be moving out to South Carolina for a few months for internships, so I'm hoping for a new bike by mid summer at least. I don't dare take the Schwinn off the pavement!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hi. Rediscovering my love for all things MTB after a 6 ish year absence due to a wrecked knee.

1.) Where you are from? Central algarve in Portugal. Originally from Scotland
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Super clydesdale semi beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1. My Marin Northside Trail
    4.) How long have you been riding? Rode a fair bit in my teens and early - mid 20s
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? None

mtbr member

Newbie Introduction

I'm a newbie to the forum. I am currently riding a 2017 Specialized Stumpjumer FSR comp 650b. Which is why I joined the forum to ask for help. If you go to the Specialized section you'll see my post. Let's see this is my 4th Mt. Bike. My 1st one was a Mongoose (well before Walmart sold them). That bike didn't last long, bent forks, taco'd wheels, and so forth. I then bought a 1998 Specialized stumpjumper hard tail. I owned that bike for over 15 years, had most components upgraded to XTR, and 2001 RockShox SID forks. I pieced that bike out to buy a 2014 Giant Anthem 3 650b that had been on the show room floor for two years. Three months later it was stolen from my garage. I now have the Stumpy 650b FSR. Me in a nut shell, I love to ride. 1st ride to work on the new Stumpy was 6 degrees outside, and ice everywhere.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hi
    New to this forum and to fatbiking
    My name is Steven - I use ihop
    I'm turning 59 tomorrow- from Warren NJ
    25 years ago rode a road bike religiously thru CP in Manhattan prior to wife and kids
    Then life happened - It was Great
    Just bought Salsa Beargrease- can't ride a rode bike anymore but still have my original road bike
    I'm loving it! Starting over and with a FAT bike

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hello! New here. Name's Travis, been a lurker before but gonna start posting.

1) From? The great state of California. Currently residing in Chicago but about to move back.
    2) Intermediate-advanced
    3) One. Pivot Mach 5.7 that needs some love.
    4) A few years, though I've taken a hiatus since I've been in Chicago
    5) None, really, unless you count Reddit.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihop View Post
    Hi
    - can't ride a rode bike anymore but still have my original road bike
    What was your "original road bike" collecting dust? Inquiring minds want to know!

mtbr member
    May 2017
    1.) Where you are from? i live in la rioja spain
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? xc 29
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 epic, venge, chinese
    4.) How long have you been riding? 3 years hard
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? mtb

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hi,

1.) Where you are from? Brunei
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Enduro
    3.) How many bikes you own? Only one, Evil The Calling
    4.) How long have you been riding? 3 months
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This forum

mtbr member
    May 2017
    1.) Grew up in Gunnison, Living in Boulder
    2.) XC 29er
    3.) 3.5 bikes
    4.) Longer than I can remember.
    5.) MTBR, Singletracks, Reddit.com/r/MTB

I've just started posting videos of my rides on YouTube under the channel name jasonbikes.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hi all!

1.) Where you are from? Michigan
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Trail and CX. Novice at both
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4. a roadie, a townie, my CX racer and my newest addition, a Timberjack 27.5+
    4.) How long have you been riding? about 5 years in general, just start mountain biking a couple months ago
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This one, mostly in the Beginners Corner and Plus bikes subforums. Also singletracks.com.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hey i'm Matt. Been lurking on the forum for awhile and decided to create a profile.

1.) Where you are from? Colorado
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Intermediate trail
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since I was a kid
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? T4r.org

mtbr member
    May 2017
    1.) Ontario, Canada
    2.) weekend warrior/random transport
    3.) Currently 1. Looking to pick up another.
    4.) Casually my whole life :P
    5.) First bike forum.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Hi there, Glad to be here and I'm looking forward to learning from, and sharing info with, everyone one the forum!

1.) Where you are from? Orange County, CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'd say I'm an beginner to intermediate (skills-wise); looking to get back into riding after a few years of dealing with knee and shoulder injuries.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 for now
    4.) How long have you been riding? On-and-off for 15 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just joined here (of course), pinkbike, singletracks, Reddit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    1. Venice, CA
    2. Weekend Warrior looking to step it up.
    3. 2 bikes: 2016 Specialized Stumpjumper Fattie6, Giant Talon Hardtail with upgraded fork.
    4. I've been riding for about 13' years.
    5. I frequent this forum the most.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015

Hi. Good to meet you.

Long time lurker saying hello. A little about myself... started MTBing on a steel KHS Descent back in '94. Still have that bike, although only the frame, handlebar and crank arms are original. I'm in the market for a new bike, so I will probably have some posts about that.

I'm one of the coaches for our high school's mountain biking team. That's one of the funnest things I've ever done. The kids are amazing and keep me going.

I'm also biking for health... I've dropped about 100 pounds, would like to lose ~40 more, and biking has been a big part of that. On the other hand, maybe the kids on the team see mountain biking as more accessible if a big dude on a 23-year old rigid bike can manage it.

Cycologist
    Welcome!
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams.

mtbr member
    Welcome, treesloth. Always good to have new people join the group. Now if you were not a tree sloth, but a ground sloth, I wouldn't be so kind.

mtbr member

Dr. says I need to get in shape.....

My wife and I are now in our 60's, kids are out of the house, we are pretty sedentary, so it's time to get out and do something cardio before it's too late....Sooo, we got a couple of used Treks, a 4300 and a Navigator 2.0. So far everything is going well, and we are fortunate to have trails, lanes and greenways literally everywhere.

1.) Where you are from? Raleigh, NC
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Starting Over Again
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 (and 4 motorcycles)
    4.) How long have you been riding? A long time, but not for...a long time...
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Bimmerforums, TacomaWorld, ADVRider, no bicycle forums yet..

Here is how I generally travel on 2 wheels:
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-129slayer4sm.jpg

mtbr member
    Been lurking on the forum for awhile and decided to create a profile. Was a Team Mechanic for some time and still work in a shop and a Buyer and mechanic for 25+ years.

1.) Where you are from? Virginia
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Everything
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since I was a kid
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Bikerumor, PinkBike
    “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hello all, my kids and I are new to the MTB scene. We live in NJ. We are casual riders, but looking for more excitement. We have a bunch of typical riding-around-the-neighborhood bikes, like kids BMX style and a few hybrid comfort bikes. Plus, we recently added the following:

I just bought a Giant Fathom 29er. It is my first MTB in 20+ years (since an old Diamondback from high school).

I have a 7 year old with a 2016 Giant XTC Jr 24. It's nothing fancy, but a good fit for him.

I just bought an XS Dawes Haymaker 2750 from Bikes Direct for my 10 year old.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hello,
    Looking for more information about mountain biking in general. I have not started racing yet... The 3 boys have been in WORS for 2 years. Would like help them with various bikes issues. We are all riding Specialized 29s & 27.5

1.) Where you are from? Sun prairie, Wisconsin
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 5
    4.) How long have you been riding? Long time, mbt... 3 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Here

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hello everyone, I'm Michael and from Houston, Texas. First post and long time lurker. I would consider myself a beginner although I grew up riding throughout the early years in my life. I'm looking to get back into the sport and make a purchase on a new bike soon. This is the only bike related forum I frequent. Finding a bike that fits has been somewhat of a headache as I'm 6'5. If you've been in the same boat as I am, or can point me in the right direction, shoot me a message.
    Last edited by mluning; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:44 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hey all!
    1.) Rochester NY
    2.) I like to ride mostly all mountain
    3.) I've 2 bikes - my hard tail Commencal and an old Nishiki Mixte road bike
    4.) I started to really get into biking in college - so roughly 6 years. I started doing some more intense mountain biking (all mountain mostly as opposed to cross country) just a couple years ago and I love it!
    5.) I've been doing a lot of lurking on here to figure out what gear to invest in... figured I'd make an account so I can actually participate in the discussions. I'm also on pinkbike pretty much daily.

mtbr member

Hope Hello From Chile! home of some of the best MTB secret spots.

1.) Where you are from? Hello! I'm from Santiago, Chile.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm weekend warrior, mostly on trail/XC with a few XC races on the body but training to start racing Enduro.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2, my Old 2002 Cannondale Scalpel (now my wife's bike) and a 2015 Stumpjumper FSR Expert Carbon EVO 29
    4.) How long have you been riding? In and out for 20 years, but now retiring from rugby so I joined the forum and became more habitual.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Anything on Mechanics! I Love mechanics, modding and DIY!

Just upgraded to eagle 1x12 so check my DIY and Review clicking here!

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-8.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2017
    1) Adam from Denver, co
    2) not sure what kind of rider i am. Ride trails/ all mountain also like to ride my Cyclocross bike. I have diamondback haanjo pro and recently got diamondback catch 2.
    3) up to a week ago i had 5. I am down to 2 now.
    4) i have been riding most of my life, and i am old. Try to get at least. 3 rides in a week.
    5) i just browse new posts. Prefer tech forums and read up on fat bike trends.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Hello,

1.) Canyon Lake, Texas
    2.) Retired rider
    3.) 3, Peugeot Orient Express, Schwinn Sierra. Motobecane (pre-1967)
    4.) 5 years

The last time the Peugeot and Schwinn were ridden was in 1987 for two months in New Zealand. After that it was very sporadic as life has a way of getting in the way. I would love to find a new home for them, just don't know how much to price them for. Other than some cosmetic blemishes, they just need new tires. The Motobecan is another story, he's attached to it, it needs a few things that he can't seem to find. the Airlines ruined the gear wheel!! It was ridden quite extensively, Alaska to Boston, Mass, and all over Massachusetts before going to Alaska.

If anyone can help with pricing, it would be greatly appreciated. Will post pictures and i do have the serial numbers.

mtbr member
    Hey everyone!!
    The name's David,i'm from Portugal
    I'm 36, riding since...always
    Mostly XC rider but i also love to do all day rides with just my backpak and nature around.
    Currently i have a 2007 Specialized FSR XC Pro and a Scott Spark 900 RC WC.
    I look for Tech info,and my favourite brands sections.

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_20160705_211355.jpg

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIi...XcPXwcgDao7JGQ

Cheers!
    Last edited by davidream; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:04 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Greetings,
    Mike here for the Orlando Florida area. I am trying to get back in to biking now that I learned that Florida actually has good mtn bike trails.. who knew. Trying to get my old bike back in decent working order for now until I can swing a newer and more modern bike. Now that my son is getting of age to start adventuring I thought it would be a great activity to do together. Plus, I recently found some new acquaintances who like to bike. Game on

1.) Where you are from? Orlando, before that Chicago burbs
    4.) How long have you been riding? On and off, lately more off. My MTN. bike is roughly 20 years old
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? None yet.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    1.) Where you are from? I am from Edmonton Alberta, Canada
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? IS there a category before Beginner? Rookie maybe? I just bought my first bike last year.
    3.) How many bikes you own?1 A Giant Talon 3
    4.) How long have you been riding? About a year.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Just found this site.

I am actually looking for some advice, As mentioned above, I just got into mountain biking. I know pretty much nothing about mountain biking. I live near a few good trails and want to get into riding them. The advice I seek though is how do I get my kids involved. I have a 6 and 4 year old who I would love to get involved in trail riding. My 6 year old son has A 20" GT bike he just got. My 4 year old only has a 14" BMX bike. I am wondering aside from just going with rides with them, is there anything else I could do to help them become better riders. Another question is should i buy them any necessary equipment aside from a helmet?
    Thanks, and i look forward to getting more involved in this forum and mountain biking.

Darryl
    Last edited by whereiswaldo; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:16 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    1.) Where you are from? North East Ohio
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Just ride for fun
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 for now (Trek Marlin5) but have a Santa Cruz Chameleon on order.
    4.) How long have you been riding? About 2 yrs or less. but have some BMX experience
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I lurk around all over

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Hi, all.

New to mountain biking, and its been a long time since I have ridden anything with 2 wheels. Currently living on Bainbridge Island in Washington, but moving soon to Sante Fe. I have called the local bike store to find out what kinds of trails there are in the foothills and will let that info guide me on bike choice. Leaning heavily towards a 27.5+, as I am not a spring chicken anymore and don't bounce the way that I used to when younger. I'm 67 this month but have been doing P90X for 5 years, so I am not worried in the least about conditioning.

I know no one who does trail riding here, and will make friends with the bike community when we get moved.

If anyone wants to give me info on Sante Fe, I am all ears. Also looking for advise on bikes, although I am pretty sure I am going with a Yeti.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    1.) Where you are from? North Central Arkansas
    3.) How many bikes you own? 0!, trying to do some research.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just getting started.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? New to the forums, so we will see.

Hoping to learn some information for mountain biking here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017

Smile Returning Rider

1.) Where you are from?

Bay Area, CA

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?

I did a lot of mountain biking as part of a club about 16 years ago, but I haven't ridden a bike much since. I'm a returning rider, looking to commute and get back on the trails.

3.) How many bikes you own?

Three:
    1998 Trek 8000 SL (which I think is a little large for me @ 19.5")
    Diamondback Sorrento (My old bike)
    Diamondback Topanga (Wife's)

4.) How long have you been riding? I started way back when I was a young baby on the back of a tandem...

5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    toyotanation
    mr2oc
    mr2.com
    club4ag
    mrmoneymustache
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-bikes.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Hi, I am Claudio from Italy, I go mainly XC, I own a cannondale F1 and I ride from 10+ years. It's very nice to meet you all!
    Great forum!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Hello, Franco from Italy here.
    I just got a GIANT Fathom 29er 0 that I love so far.
    I am a MTB rider since back in the late 80s but then I stop for more than a decade.
    I joined the forum to find all the help that I'm sure I will need for the future.
    Thanks again for this great source of knowledge.
    Ciao!

mtbr member
    1.) Charlotte/Winston-Salem(College)
    2.) Beginner
    3.) 2014 Scott Scale 950
    1990 Trek 830 Antelope
    4.) Used to bike a lot, but outgrew my bikes lol
    5.) I'll be on the 29er forum haha

Page 88 of 88 FirstFirst ... 38788485868788