Page 55 of 175 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,750 of 8706
    mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    FNG to the site.
    Hey folks, just wanted to say howdy.
    New here but not to Mtn Biking.

I'm in the Spokane Wa. area.
    New to the 29er family, that will be here next week.
    Right now I own 2 Mtn bikes all 26"
    Been riding pedal bikes off and on since I was a kid.

Other furums frequented:
    Stevesnovasite.com
    Inlinersinternational.com
    Sniperhide.com

All with the same user name.

Thanks,
    Stu

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Hi All, I'm Darren, from Sydney Australia. New to this forum after around 35 years I have decided to get back into bike riding.
    Now that I'm 50 I decided to get into shape and loose some weight.
    Looking to buy a Mountain Bike, trouble is what do I buy. I will post this question in the beginners section shortly. Hopefuly you guys and girls can help.
    Great to be part of this forum.

mtbr member
    Hello All! I'm Jason from Charlotte NC. Looks like a great forum you all have here

I am a complete noob to mountain biking, & don't even have a bike yet. I haven't regularly ridden a bicycle since college 10+ years ago ;(

I plan on purchasing a 29" hardtail under $1000, but am still in the researching phase.

I'm a rather large fellow at 6'4" and 260lb, so if any of you would recommend cycles for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

The only 2 bikes I have ridden locally that feel like a good fit (and in my price range) are the Trek MAMBA 23" and the Specialized RockHopper 29. I have ridden a couple 21" bikes and they just feel too small for me.

Also, what clipless mtb shoes would you recommend for size 14 feet?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

Glad to be signed up on this board

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hello everyone!! New to the forum my name is Fernando and i have been riding since 96. I ride mountain bike and road . I live in NJ but have ridden all over the country. I own three bikes, Intense Spider,Gary Fisher Superfly and a Specialized Tarmac. I race XC here in NJ and consider myself an intermediate to advanced rider. I have been frequenting this site for reviews and classifieds for a long time and decided to join, I also visit MTBNJ.com where all the people I race with frequent. Thanks Fernando

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hello
    My first post here I hope to learn a lot here.
    Im from Spain.
    Currently without bike becouse it was stolen :-(( and looking for a new one.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hey, I'm Austin. I bought a motor and a kit to mount it to a bike. I plan on going on 70 mile trips, which will involve plenty off road. It will be awesome I can't wait. Just came here to get help in deciding on a bike....

Idk what's up with the 5 posts rule. I have nothing to say that anyone would want to hear and no questions to ask that I'm allowed to ask.. It's forcing everyone to **** out 5 post. Turd posts that niether party has an interest in. Fill the forums with poop to inflate the post counts. I get it now. Maybe I'm exagerating.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

No-Fork, bicycle geometry hacked

Hey, Im Erik and Im working on the No-Fork project right now. No-Fork means Ive replaced the front and rear forks by straight stays and have added single side mounted wheels in an ANGLE to the frame. Yes, in an angle! After testing/riding/prototyping just short of a dozen bikes I figured out how to run it stable. The trick is in the geometry! Patent pending...

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    1.) Where you are from?
    Elizabethtown, Pa.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)Mostly a weekend warrior, but my job's being eliminated so I'll have time during the week to do some riding.

3.) How many bikes you own?
    One -- Trek 3900 Disc.

4.) How long have you been riding?
    I bought a Schwinn something or other 20-some years ago when mountain bikes didn't have suspension. I rode is sparingly over the years. About a year ago, I got my Trek and have been riding as often as I can.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    This is the first mountain biking forum I signed up for.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

1st forum..... ever

hi, im Tony,
    im from Northern Ireland...
    i do DH/FR on most weekends with ma mates from work..
    ive got a Marin Quake 7.1, currently getting upgraded, thats why im on hear to ask for other peoples opinions..
    ive been riding since i was 11 on jump bikes and motocross and occasionally a few DH routes, which Northern Ireland has a serious lack of haha

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

Lets see-

1. Gilbert, Arizona.
    2. Former MTB racer (mid 80's for two seasons), then lots of tris/road, and giving mtb another go.
    3. Currently 2 and 1/4.
    4. Riding in one form or another since....1978.
    5. Slowtwitch.

John

Chamois Dropper
    Hi, guess I've been lurking long enough, time to start posting to this great resource.
    I live in Tampa Bay. Of course I have been riding something since I was a kid,but I have recently started to trail ride every weekend at Alafia and I am addicted, if only my 42yr old body was as willing as I'd like it to be..... I own two bikes, a 2008 GT Force 3.0 with upgraded components and a 2006ish KHS dirt jump 300 with upgrades. My wife has a Gary Fisher Marlin and she rides the trails too. As soon as I get my post count up I will post pics of my bikes in their respective forums once I get my count up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-gt1.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-khs01.jpg  

Last edited by natzx7; 04-05-2012 at 06:35 PM.

mtbr member
    I'm from Yakima, WA. I'm a beginner and I joined this forum a few days ago because I'm tired of being fat and not being able to do the things I used to do when I was in high school (currently 24). I got a 80's Huffy Scout from my sister in law. Not the best thing in the world by far, but it was free. So far I've only replaced the cheap, broken plastic pedals for some used aluminum flat my brother had laying around.
    I don't know a darn thing about bikes or riding, so I have quite the learning curve as I'm trying to do as much research as I can.
    This is the only forum I go to for bikes, but I'm part of a lot of import car forums.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-imag0028.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

New to mountain biking

I'm from Houston Texas and recently got into mountain biking I bought a specialized hardrock 29er. I was wondering what is a good trail for a beginner like me to start with was thinking memorial? Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

I'm new here!

Hello, my name is Chris and I'm new to this forum. Actually this is only the second forum I've joined. The first one is NAXJA(North American XJ Association), it's a forum for Jeep Cherokees. I grew up in southwestern Pennsylvania and then moved to South Lake Tahoe, CA. I lived there for 10 years until a family illness brought me back to PA.
    I started mountain biking in 1999 in Lake Tahoe. My first bike was a Diamondback Topanga hardtail. After blowing out both knees in a skiing accident I started using my bike to help in the rehab. My roomate was into mountain biking alot longer than me and knew the trails in Tahoe well, so I had a good opportunity to learn the trails and progress my riding skills quickly. He bought a full suspension FSR Enduro Pro and I liked it so much I sold my hardtail to put a down payment on one of my own the next winter. I used to ride the trails everyday after work and every weekend. It was nice that I had access to all those trails from my front door. The summer before I bought my Enduro my roomate took me to Downieville for the first time...I was hooked! I NEEDED full suspension and disc brakes.
    I rode some much that summer and fall none of my friends could keep up with me. I was always waiting(I didn't mind, it wasn't long before that that they were waiting for me!)
    But, that's what it was always about, hanging out with my friends and seeing who could be the first to the top(and bottom). After awhile I needed more of a challenge, I decided to race in the Downieville Classic. I trained all spring and summer. It was a great event, all I wanted to do was finish the race... I did 3hrs 33min and 33 sec. I placed 14th in my class. I think I was the oldest. The next year I entered the all-mountain, raced the downhill the first day, not as good, first a flat, next a broken chain that flew into my spokes, then two flats with a mile ride left on pavement through town. I rode the last mile on my rims. I finished 29th I think, but I didn't get a DNF. My bike was so messed up I couldn't race the point to point the next day and no $$ to fix it. So I hung out and enjoyed the festival the next day.
    A few weeks after that I got hurt riding at Mammoth. I had to give up riding for awhile. That was a few years ago and now I'm living in PA and I want to ride again. I don't have anyone to ride with and I'm not too familiar with the trails in the area. I know Seven Springs has trails and Snowshoe, but I would rather not pay. I really miss living in Tahoe, but it is what it is and I need to make some new riding buddies and start riding again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    My name is Christopher and I live in Hephziba, Georgia.
    I am a beginner and I currently own a Haro Flightline 29er Two.
    I'll be spending a lot of time in the general forums and anywhere I can learn something new.
    With less than one year riding I have a lot to learn.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Another newbie........ Hello!

Im from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, and looking to get back into Mountain Biking. When I was in my teens I was really into mountain biking but could never afford the sweet rides I wanted.
    So now i'm back, but I need help with getting back into it. First I need to get a decent bike, one in the $1000 range, very flexible with the price. I'd pay more for the right bike. Id like to get a bike thats versatile, durable and light.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hello I'm Joel and I'm new to mountain biking, I recently bought a specialized hardrock 29er I'm wondering what are some good beginner trails here in Houston Texas area?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi there, new here..

1. I'm from Sabah, Malaysia
    2. I like to say that I'm an all mtn/trail rider, but I think I'll have to admit that I'm a weekend warrior
    3. Just my faithful Merida
    4. Just a year plus
    5. Too many to list it down hah

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Hey

Hey I'm from Baltimore Md
    I try to ride a few times a week
    I have 3 bikes, LHT, Cross Check and KHS alite 1000
    Been riding a few years
    Looking to find CX in the MD area

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Noobie...

Hey I'm a newbie here...

I'm mostly an XC rider from Michigan, but I consider myself an equal opportunity cyclist. I'll ride S.S., Cross, and the Road occasionally.

I currently have about 6-8 bikes in various states of rideablity.

I've been riding for about 12 years.

I'm always looking for new trails and new adventures to go on.

Gus.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hello all, just joined as wanting to get back into it after a long stint off. I used to ride downhill/xc on my Klein Mantra and have just bought a Carrera Vulcan as my main bike.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Los Angeles, CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner, Trail
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1, KHS XCT 525
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just getting started

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    1.) Where you are from? Indiana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 Trek 4900
    4.) How long have you been riding? New to mountain biking

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    1.) Where you are from? MT
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? AllMT
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4
    4.) How long have you been riding? 20 years

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hello everyone!

Justin
    Ft. Lauderdale
    All mtn/trail
    GT Peace 9er Single Speed
    All City Drop Out Single Speed
    Been riding bikes for since I was a kid

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Hello from Los Angeles

Been riding for about 15 years. Frame cracked on my Foes FXC (11-12 yrs old) a few weeks ago and have been looking for a replacement. My how things have changed in such a short time. 5-6 inch travel bikes labeled as do it all. Demo'd a few and they really do climb as well as they descend.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Hi

Hello all, I am just cheking in from SE Wisconsin. I biked often a few years back, then I had back surgery. Took a long break and got out of shape and want to get back into it. Thats most of my story..

Dave

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi Guys

My name is Alex
    I'm from Mount Bethel PA

I'm new to this don't currently own a bike yet, looking to purchase one in the next couple weeks or so, hoping this forum will help me out with that. I am looking to get a bike for cross country riding.

Look forward to getting a bike and getting some great advice from this community.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi everyone.

I'm Chris from ft. Worth Texas. I am a beginner and in the process of buying my first bike. Looking all through this forum making sure I make the right decision on my first bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Helo everyone Greg here, from WA state. Beginer mountsin bike rider. Gary Fisher. I am currently not riding I am recovering from a knee injury in the gym. Hoping to make the bike my new vest friend.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    1.) Where you are from? Brisbane QLD, Australia
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Trail, Commuter, ex-danger seeker
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1, 2012 Giant Talon 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? 30+ years

Slowly getting back into riding rough stuff as I've put in the hard yards rebuilding my body after being diagnosed with a broken L5 vertebrae.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

NOVA rider

I recently purchased a used Trek and am getting back into mountain biking again in Northern VA. My first mountain bike was a Trek820 with a chromoly fork purchased new back in the 1990's. The used bike I purchased has front and back suspension so that is a new experience for me. Own one mountain bike currently.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    1.) Where you are from? SE Ohio
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? intermediate, mostly XC
    3.) How many bikes you own? just one, Trek GF Marlin
    4.) How long have you been riding? ridden for as long as I can remember, just recently starting to take it seriously.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? a little bit of all of them, actually.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

hello

Hello from Cyprus.glad to find you. at my 30s back in my bike, not quite as on my 25 but..

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Old biker, new to MTB

1.) Where you are from? Janesville, WI transplatted to Williamsburg, VA by way of the military.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Longtime roadbiker, new to MTB looking at my first purchase and trying to figure out 26 or 29er.

3.) How many bikes you own? 2 road a Trek 2200 w/ full Ultegra, and old Ross frame (ha!) with all Shimano 105, first bike I bought myself at 14 y/o.

4.) How long have you been riding? Road, since 85 or so.. haven't had a MTB

5.) What forums do you frequent most? probably General, Trek, Virginia.. whatever else..

Runner, Paintballer, gamer as well. Currently employed as a DOD Firefighter/Medic.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    1.) Where you are from? Michigan>Arizona>Utah>Colorado
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Intermediate?
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3
    4.) How long have you been riding? On and off for 17 years.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? SO many forums, so little time. IH8MUD and local 4X4 forum. Various gun and knife related forums.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    1.) Currently living in Southern Oregon
    2.) Very much a beginner. Ride the local trails after work and on the weekends.
    3.) Don't own one yet but looking to buy.
    4.) Been riding less than a year on borrowed bike.
    5.) Going to be looking for bikes and anything introductory

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    hello all -

1.) Where you are from? Arizona
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? roadie that's finally making the switch to the dirt
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? 10 years seriously on the road but new to dirt
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? this one now...

thanks,
    superwhite

mtbr member
    May 2010
    1) Where you are from? Orange County, CA
    2) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Unfortunately, I'm definitely a weekend warrior. Between working 50 hours a week and going to school for my MBA at night, I've got no time other than the weekend.
    3.) How many bikes you own? One. My bare-bones Specialized Rockhopper that I'm lookin forward to upgrading in the near future.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Off and on for 24 years. Started out in 1988 on a Specialized Rockhopper, moved onto and rode the h*ll out of a 1991 Giant ATX780 for years, then got busy with school and work for quite a while.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? mtbr.com!

Damn that hurt

Mid-South Noob

Terry here from the Memphis area.
    Currently have an old Cannondale F400 and a Cannondale SL4 29r on the way. I'm getting back into it for the exercise, stress relief and fun.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Hyknbykaz

Hey,

My name is Noel
    I'm from Phoenix, soon to be from Tucson
    I have a Trek EX7 and a GT Force 3.0
    I consider myself an all mountain rider, I live on National and learned technical riding there. The BCT is my favorite cross country trail. I live across the street from SOMO and love Desert Classic also.
    I have been riding since 2004 and I ride about 50 miles a week. Call me AVID.
    Just started really using MTBR but have been a member for a while. Great way to get info from other riders

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hello Everyone

Mike from the San Diego Area
    I would consider myself an intermediate all mountain rider
    I currently own one bike, a Chumba XCL with an XT/X9 build
    I've been back riding for two years
    Been lurking the MTBR forums for a few months on/off. More frequently lately as I am one of many eagerly awaiting my Knolly Chilcotin frame.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm from Oklahoma City and ride XC locally but looking forward to venturing out. I started riding the summer of 2009 but did not get serious till last summer after talking some friends and family into getting out there with me. Got talked into racing the battle at the bird and after wanting to puke, pass out and quit I surprised myself!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    1.) Where you are from? Maryland
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 (Giant Anthem X2 29er, IronHorse Warrior 3.0, Scattante Carbon CFR Road Bike
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just started back from a long hiatus

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

What should i buy?

Hey everybody, My name is Mike. I just recently started riding on my community trails here in michigan with and old Schwinn Cruiser single speed haha. Not exactly the best mountain bike. I am in college and on a budget but am looking to buy a used bike for around $200-$300. What can/should i look for in that price range? I plan to ride on some dirt trails/ cross county and occasionally pavement trails. I am also pretty tall (6' 3") if that matters. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

mtbr member
    zdravicko

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Introduction and Question

Hi all I'm Jeff
    I'm from Springfield, Mo
    I've been biking all of my life up til 2001and then I took a huge break like 11 years huge lol but I'm now getting back into bikinig again.I have a single speed beach crusier and a 10 speed both bikes are Peugots and the crusier needs a new headset which happens to be one of those oddball sizes that no one has. It's a 1 1/16" headset.
    What I need to know is if anyone has a headset that's this size? as it would solve a lot of problems that I'm having in finding one.
    [/B][/I][/I][/B]
    Last edited by Dawgs_46; 04-08-2012 at 12:33 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012

newb fromMy names s. w. Oregon

My name's David.
    I,ve not biked for about 8 years. Getting back into. My girl friend and I have 4 fs
    bikes. We ride city bike paths,dirt,gravel logging roads in Oregon. Nothing technical.

I have 2 Royce Union 1990's, aluminum y-frame fs bikes- fsa100 /2000 models.
    That i'm rebuilding to ride.

Glad to be a member. Lots of imformation on this sight.

Thanks
    royce12

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

New to Mtbr forums / Spot Rocker

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

Hi mtbr'ers,

My name is Mike and I am a cross country rider from southern california. I rode a 26" HT for years and last year I sold it to go FS (26"). I didn't like the FS so I am in the market looking for a 29er. So far, I like the Spot brand Rocker. I like the idea of being able to go single or geared as well as running a belt drive.

At the beginning of the year I had 7 bikes but I am in the process of selling them and I am only keeping two. One is my trustee 2003 Litespeed Ultimate and the other is hopefully going to be Spot Rocker 29er.

I learned how to ride a bike when I was six and I have been racing bikes ever since.

I mostly go reviews on different bikes either for me or to give my opinion to friends.

Thanks for reading! If you have a medium Rocker that you want to sell, hit me up!

Mike