Page 53 of 172 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,650 of 8593
    mtbr member
    Hello,

I just got back into biking about 6 mths ago after 10 years. I 1st picked up a cruiser (2011 Electra), then a hybrid (2011 Kona Dr. Fine), for work a beater mtn bike (2004 Trek 4300), and just recently a 29er (2011 Trek Sawyer).

I love the Alfine 8 spd IGH on the Dr. Fine and plan on installing one on the Sawyer. I will put Big Apples on the Sawyer and make it my new beach cruiser.

I live around the Tallahassee area and hang out on the Gulf and Bay County Beaches. I work in Louisiana weeks at a time on a boat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-saw-11.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    1.) Where you are from? My name is Scott and i'm from Paducah, Ky
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend Warrior
    3.) How many bikes you own? I have 4 bikes. Specialized Pitch Pro, Kink Freebird, Trek 400, Old Fuji road bike
    4.) How long have you been riding? 14 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mainly only here

I mainly ride the Canal Loop at LBL (Kentucky Lake). I also try to hit up some southern Illinois when i get a chance. (Lake Glendale) I also ride a little street and park on my BMX. I have been to this forum a thousand times and love it. No question unanswered it seems. Thought it was a good time to become a member.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello all,
    I am a bit late coming to biking, three or four years now, but better late than never right?I live in southern New Mexico and I ride a trek ex 9 a trek x-cal 29er all over the Gila forest and i just got a dirt jumper! Which unfortunately sees more park than dirt. I do the climbs but absolutely LOVE the downs, my next bike will be a downhill rig for sure! On a side note has anyone done the coyote classic in El Paso and if so would a niner or full suspension be more appropriate?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-photo-1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    My name is Don and I'm from Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
    I am a beginner, haven't ridden in about 20 years. Did some trail riding back then and enjoyed it.
    I got (back) into riding to 1. lose weight and 2. ride with my wife and 9 year old son.
    I just bought a Haro Flightline 29 2. I've been riding for 2 weeks now around town. Once I get in a little better shape I plan on hitting some local trails and build from there.
    I found this forum through a recommendation of someone on Race-Dezert. I liked the great information so I signed up.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm Mike, from Canmore.....

Dwight from Calgary. Been riding since I was a kid like most other folk. Last year of University I rode to school everyday. Graduated, had kids and haven't really rode much since. I've been out to the moutain/foothills trails west of Calgary a few times, but not enough. Now that the kids are riding bike (hopefully without training wheels come summer). I can get out more (in town anyways). My plan is to get out to the singletrack trails more often.

The one and only weapon which has been collecting dust since 2004 is a Devinci Cactus hardtail with upgraded mechanical disk brakes. I started snooping around here and gooooogle for info on upgrading parts and new boots, neither of which it really needs but I'm going to get spare parts anyways.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    1. Currently living in Japan
    2. I don't have any idea how to categorize myself.
    3. 1.5
    4. My whole life.
    5. Just joined the site, so hard to say.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    1. The low country - South Carolina
    2. Mostly XC and Asphalt
    3. Currently 6 bikes (24" bmx cruiser, HT, 2-FS and 2 road bikes)
    4. Been riding a long time
    5. Time will tell...

Looking forward to participating here.

Ya'll have a great day...

>

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just call me Leaf

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) Idaho
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Long time intermediate. I ride anything that I have fun on.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Curtlo Epic Mountaineer
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since Specialized made their first steel Rockhopper, mid 80's?
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Don't know yet

mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Checking-in

Just a newbie checking in. I haven't posted anything other than this, but I've done a lot of searching and reading. Glad I found this site.

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) Live outside Atlanta, GA; grew-up near Allentown, PA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I think like most people I've had a bike since I would walk. From big-wheels to training wheels to BMX bikes to a road bike to MTN bike
    3.) How many bikes you own? right now, 1 a Schwin Sentinel (nothing special) it was free from my neighbors
    4.) How long have you been riding? Let's call it since '86 or somewhere around there. Was a recreational rider. Now I'm slowly progressing into something more than that. I want to hit trails. Not sure about climbs or downhill or technical or single-track. I'm still learning and trying to find places to go. Right now I'm working on building my endurance on the Silver Comet Trail. The locals will know what that is.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Don't know yet

-Nate

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello, my name is Brian and I'm brand new to the forum and riding. I've been wanting to get into biking for awhile and today took the plunge and finally purchased a bike. Unfortunately it is raining so I can't go for a big ride but did take it out for a couple miles and I am very pleased with the bike I purchased so far. There are things I will want to upgrade (seat... I'm a big boy and standard seats suck! and may upgrade to better brakes in the future as well)

1.) Where you are from? I'm from Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Trail/Commute
    3.) How many bikes you own? I own 1 bike. Just purchased a Gary Fisher/Treak Wahoo 29er
    4.) How long have you been riding? My whole life off and on. Never seriously. That starts now.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Here and also cyclechat.net

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Newbie to site

Hello there. My name is Kevin and I consider myself a beginner to high qaulity bikes. I have been trail riding for years but on cheapy mountain bikes (Kmart and Walmart). I just bought a used 2008 Gary Fisher Tassajara, that looks brans new. I am located in Noblesville Indiana. I haven't been on other bike forums but I am on the Ford and Kia forums alot because I do most of the maintenance on my vehicles myself.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Greetings

Hello,

Just had my Kona stolen by some tweaker hence my looking through the MtBr forums doing research on a new bike. Looking at buying the 2012 Scott Scale 29er Elite or a NOS 2011 Superfly that is available for $400 more. Is it a no brainer? Leaning toward the Superfly. Thx, Jeff

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Newbie - Advice??

Name's Tyler-29yrs old. From Southern Cal. Ready to dive into the world of mountain biking. I'm an avid trail runner/hiker/backpacker. Love the outdoors. Never gotten into trail riding, but it looks like it's right up my alley!!

Looking to purchase my first real trail bike. I just sold my 2006 Gary Fisher Utopia so I could get a little extra $ for a real trail bike. I've been looking at Motobecanes for the obvious reason($). Looks as though all the components are pretty much the same as a Trek or Specialized. I've been looking at the Motobecane Gravit HTX-9. I'm wonderig if anybody has any advice about this bike or Motobecane in general?? All advice is much appreciated and taken to heart. Bare in mind I'm 5'10.5" - 180lbs. I ride aggressive. Probably won't be dropping down 10 footers or anything, but I also wouldn't put it past me. I'm looking for something that is intermediate-pro. $800 budget.

Let me know your thoughts!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Looks like I need 5 posts before I can start a thread in the CO West Slope forum, so here is one of my posts. I don't really want to share my info just yet - I am joining right now to offer a reward for anyone who finds my Rx glasses at our camping spot last weekend in the North Fruita Desert/Road 18. But it appears that I can't start this thread without first making 5 separate posts. Hassle! But if it gets someone to go look for my glasses then I will do whatever it takes since I live about 7 hours away...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Post Number 3 form Mobile - West Slope Forum, I am coming!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

West Slope Forum

Post Number 4 - is this really necessary?

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

West Slope Forum

Post Number 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Reply to post number 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi, my name is Jon and I am outside of Austin. Beginning a cheapo refresh for the 1997 Gary Fisher Mamba I bought new the summer of 1997. Nothing too crazy, more of a cruiser for really mild trails.

I haven't ridden it consistently since 2000 or so, so I would consider myself a newb all over again. Looking forward to getting back into shape!

Later,
    Jon D.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello, my name is Jesse. Just got out of the Saltwater reefing hobby after several long years. Looking to get into better shape and spend some time with my daughter...

1.) I am from Fort Wayne IN
    2.) I am a beginner, Prolly mostly paved trails during the week and then hit the off road trails on the weekend
    3.) How many bikes you own? I just brought the bike home. I have one starting this week. a 2012 specialized Hardrock
    4.) I used to ride everywhere when I was a kid. Sold my giant when I was 20.... 36 yrs old now. Havent really ridden in 16 years. MY bottom is a little sore after riding only 3 miles . lol. But I know Ill get used to it.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Man I didnt have the internet when I used to ride before. I was a big forum guy in my past hobby. So when I did a search this is where I landed. I have really only been here.

just brought her home a couple days ago. Any suggestions are more than welcome. I had a friend in HS many years ago... Who had a specialized and I have wanted one ever since. And while its not as nice as most here ride I figure it was a good place to start. and in a year if I am riding alot I just get something better. If I dont ride much it should last me a long time.

Thanks in advance and Hello..

cant post link yet.. lol

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi, my name is Danny. Been wanting to get into mountain biking for years and after gaining some weight ( ) took the plunge.

1.) Where you are from? Galax, VA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC
    3.) How many bikes you own? Trek Fuel EX6
    4.) How long have you been riding? Total newb!
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? none really

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Hi, My name is Mike, I'm 36

1.) I'm from Sydney Australia

2.) I'm a intermediate ride.

3.) I have 4 bikes
    Niner A9C - main XC bike for the smoother fast tracks
    Ellsworth Evolve 29er - XC & AM for the rougher more technical trails
    Kona Dew - work commuter
    Apollo Kosciusko - bike i ride to the beach when surfing

4.) I have been riding on & off for the last 30 years. was into BMX when younger. Didn't ride much in my 20's. Got back into it for fitness in my 30's. Last 12-18 months ive got more serious & ride XC most weekends as well as daily work commute via bike.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? rotorburn

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hey everybody - I'm Ross

1.) From south side Glasgow (scotland)
    2.) I used to ride XC and have been slowly rebuilding my orange X2 to try and regain my fitness and waist measurment lol
    3.) I've got one complete bike - orange X2 circa 1997 (student loan FTW)
    4.) Started in 1996 with an orange C16
    5.) No other MTB site

I used to ride the 7 stanes network frequently particularly peebles. My bike is a mish mash of components with only the crank arms (STX RC) thats still original from my C16.

spec is

manitou minute elite TPC 120mm forks (looking to upgrade to UPS+ cart)
    Stratos coil/air rear shock
    F.wheel Mavic 317 rim with hope XC hub
    R.wheel Mavic crossride UB
    F.brake Hope M4tech with 203mm saw disc
    R.brake original XT V with avid speed dial lever
    8 speed gears with SRAM X4 R.mech and shifter, XT front shifter, LX f.mech
    STC RC spyder with middleburn rings
    Shimano UN92 BB
    Easton EA 70 stem
    FSA XC-190 7075 XC Riser Bar
    no name seat post (pretty light though hence why I've never replaced it)
    some light weight thin sore saddle lol
    brand X QRs and chain tensioner
    Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1 tyres F&R

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Checking in

Hi, my name is Jonathan from Chino Hills, CA. Luckly I live in a state that's been blessed with plenty of great riding weather. In Dec 2011, I recently found my love for biking when I went to Turnbull Canyon in Whittier then followed by Marshall Canyon in La Verne and the popular Fullerton Loop in Anaheim. I guess you can call that mtn/trail riding. I frequent the vast trails located in Chino Hills State Park every weekend. I started out with a vintage Trek 800 sport 21-speed no suspension until one day somebody decided to borrow it and crashed on a trail and bent my rear rim. It wasn't worth repairing it so I am now a proud owner of a Giant trance X1. I don't have any friends that has the time to ride on the weekends so I have rode my bike to and from work to get some practice on the weekdays. Road biking is fun too but not as thrilling as downhill mountain biking.

What forums do you frequent most? Mtrb is the primary forum I have visited. I mostly watch stuff from Youtube.

I think you'll be seeing more of me here, on the road and on the trails.

Happy safe riding and keep sharing those great tips.

mtbr member
    1.) Where you are from? Albuquerque, NM

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Kinda of an intermediate XC rider. Have a 29er bike and learning more and more as I go

3.) How many bikes you own? 2 at the moment.

4.) How long have you been riding? About 1 year now

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Pretty much just been lurking MTBr and thought I'd get involved in the community

My current ride is a 2011 Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Greetings from South Africa

Greetings from Sunny South Africa where we ride ALL year round.
    I consider myself a beginner, ride GT Marathon Carbon Pro and dig XC.
    When my posts are high enough, I'd like to communicate with other GT Marathon riders 'cause I'm having problems with my iDrive creaking, I'd like a good source for GT spares (iDrive bearings, splines etc.)as well as somewhere I could get a 2008 GT Marathon Carbon Pro manual from.
    Thanks guys
    Regards
    Ray

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hey everyone. I'm Patrick. Just started riding. Found this forum to learn and so far so good.
    1.) Where you are from? Woodbridge VA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? Specialized hardrock
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just started
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just started today so I'm going through and learning all I can

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi,

1.) Where you are from? Chicago, IL
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? Merlin Extra Fat
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just started
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? just this one...

mtbr member
    I am in the Army so I am from many places, but living on Oahu currently.

I am getting back into riding after multiple deployments, getting married, and having a baby. I had mostly Cannondale's (jekyl and last was a prophet with lefty), but currently sold off them and I am bikeless looking at getting back into riding and looking to get the wife to ride trails with me. Beach trails, paved trails, and the sightseeing trail rides. Looking at getting a '12 Giant Talon 29er 2 or the Spec'd Hardrock 29er. We will see how into the the off paved she gets and look to upgrade accordingly. I had been riding since 2002 thru 2009 when I sold my bike. Before that I rode off and on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hello,
    1. Minnesota/Wisconsin
    2. Any and all
    3. 5 or so?
    4. 10 years
    5. Wherever my google searches bring me

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Noob IN WV

1. Wi, transplanted in WV for a while.
    2. Beginner.
    3. 1 Jamis Cross country.
    4. Off and on for about 5 years just getting into the mtn trails.
    5. This is the only one.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi Adam here living out in Kirkland WA right near Finn hill and some cool trails. I had been on here in the past but had to start up again from scratch. I've been biking for a long time BMX -though not much the last couple years, Cyclocross been racing since about 01, SS mountain biking, though not racing very often, and ridding on the road-though not really racing on the road. I have 11 bikes at home 3 BMX(one for sale)/2 SS mountain bikes-Alu and Steel monocogs-setup for different purposes-the ALu one will be sold to a friend soon enough-getting my first front and rear disc SS together now with a Wuss frame. One Kelly SS cross race bike, a custom geared curtlo cross bike a geared cross check with fenders and rack-started out as my first SS cross racer, a 1999 klein quantum road bike fun fast bike, a 05'lightspeed tuscany bought from a friend who died, nice ridding bike, A bianchi pista from the same dead friend, need to get the the velodrome for a couple laps.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    1. im cyrus "the virus" from davao philippines but im in semirara island now
    2. i like xc riding and mild trail
    3. i have 2011 specialized hardrock
    4. been regularly riding since 2001
    5. this one

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Name's Graham
    I'm from Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    Been away from cycling for at least 13-14 years, going to try and ease back into it with some casual (easy) trail riding, and commuting. In the process of saving to buy a bike, debating new or used.
    I'm glad that this forum exists, and that there's even a beer section

--Raleigh--
    Name is Phil been riding about a month now and lurking the forum ever since so i thought id join up

1.) Where you are from? Macon GA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? xc/trail
    3.) How many bikes you own? one - mongoose vadium
    4.) How long have you been riding? About a month
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? this one, caraudioclassifieds.org, performancetrucks.net
    K2 Zed V
    Kona Unit
    Both single speed 26ers

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Hello Guys

I'm from South Bay, Redondo Beach CA and currently riding a 2009 GT Zaskar Expert. I have been riding and working on bikes since 1995. I mostly ride XC and road.

This is the first bike forum I signed up on and I'm hoping to find some close by riders.

THanks

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    HI there,
    my mtbr site keeps prompting me that I have not posted on mtbr yet, so let´s do something with it
    I am 35years old, 107kilos fat. from Prague, Czech Rep. architect/cgi specialist, not having much time to ride, but still loving mtb.
    My bikes:
    Liteville 301
    Kona Heihei
    Duratec C9
    Cannondale Furio ( in construction)

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    1.) Where you are from? I am from Bethesda, MD (near Washington, D.C.) and recently moved to Los Angeles, CA. I came from a road bike and now I just recently picked up my first Mtn bike.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I consider myself intermediate in skill level, but a quick learner.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 - LITESPEED M1 Carbon Composite and Cannondale RZ One Twenty 3 XC Full Suspension
    4.) How long have you been riding? I have been riding a road bike for 1 year (did a tour from Seattle to Crater Lake, OR - AMAZING ride, 100 miles a day, it was ****in awesome)
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This is my first forum for mountain biking.

I love biking! and the next bike I want is I want to make my own singlespeed bike!

Excited to ride the mountains!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I'm Stretch

1. From central NY, Utica area
    2. beginner/weekend warrior
    3. Had a Trek 4300, currently riding Trek Mamba
    4. On/Off past 6 years

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Aloha! Well, I'm not really Hawaiin but it was my first duty station. I'm Wayne, retired Navy. Just put my third bike on layaway the other day. I found a great deal on a 2011 Specialized Rockhopper Expert 29er, total was about $1050 so I just had to put it on layaway.

I was hoping to pay cash for it, but we just moved to the outskirts of Jacksonville, NC a few weeks ago and someone hit our Hummer in the parking lot of a Motel Hell, I mean Motel6, in South Carolina and ruined my new Specialized Rockhopper 29er. The insurance paid for the damages, basically paid for two new bikes and a new Thule hitch mounted bike rack. My wife's bike got bented up too.

But I had an emergency $800 repair on the Hummer a few days after we moved in, sooooo... My bike went on layaway. Which bums me out. Not shibby at all.

1.) Where you are from? Born in North Carolina, GO HEELS!!, and grew up in Atlanta, then joined the Navy, been everywhere, retired in 2008.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm more of a casual rider, about as far from an XGamer as you can get. No boulders, cliffs, airborne trails, bus jumping, base jumping, et al. Haha!
    3.) How many bikes you own? I own, well partially own, just one for me now. My wife has one too.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Bought a Giant mountain bike a long time ago, but I haven't really been at it for a while, mainly due to work, that ugly four letter word, and being in the Navy kept my busy.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I try to keep my forums limited to ones populated by mature adults but it's difficult.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    North West UK
    Bit of everything
    1 Bike
    Riding properly for 10 years
    Just this forum

Dont have enough posts to post image

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi all great forum, some great posts on here that have really helped me a lot so thought I would join primarily to say thanks where appropriate.

After riding a fairly basic Trek non suspension bike for approx 11 years finally bought a Giant Trance and starting to learn MTB riding, although not fallen off yet so must try harder.

1.) Where you are from? NW UK
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? To safe!
    3.) How many bikes you own? Giant Trance
    4.) How long have you been riding? On and off all my life
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Quite a few

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Alabama rider

I'm Joey from Alabama. Just getting into riding.

Miami, FL
    1.) Where you are from? Miami, FL
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC I suppose
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just started again.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? ar15.com, qrz.com

My very first mountain bike and ride.
    Virginia Keys Bike Trail in ……… Key Biscayne, FL lol

What a perfect day; clear skies, high 80sF but easily bearable due to ~50% RH.

I almost turned back twice because unbeknownst to me but apparently knownst to the rest of the ENTIRE population of Miami it was pro tennis time down at the stadium off Rickenbacker Causeway and the entrance into the trail is right down the same road for the mega parking.

Fortunately they were quite aware of this and the bicycle on the back became a pass of sorts.

18" Trek 3500 disc, 2012 I suppose. New from the bike shop. I had started with Craigslist but at 5'7" my options turned out a bit limited and the workable options didn't answer. The 18" is definitely my limit but the 16" was too cramped fore-aft (they let me ride each around the parking lot and no 17" option in my price range). About halfway thru the build I realized my color choice was the same as my first real road bike that I got in good shape with.

My motivation was simple; I was tired of being a fatbody. I'm 4/3 what I should be. Running is tough on the joints, walking is just too plain slow and, as mentioned, the best shape I was ever in was with a bicycle. And of course you can rest on the bicycle while still covering ground lol.

I got the bike, helmet, insulated bottle, cage, coil lock, spare tube, cheap pump and something I was hoping to avoid ….… the strap bike rack. I figured I could remove the front wheel and shove it all in but it just wouldn't fit.

No refunds but they do give store credit. So once the trailer hitch and bike hitch mount arrive I'm taking the strap hitch back.

I loaded up the Camelbak .mil HAWG with water, a camera, my handheld HAM radio that I never used (I just like carrying the extra weight …… ahem), the other stuff and the insulated bottle with blue gatorade. Donned my red UA shirt, some real bike shorts from way back that somehow fit fine, regular shorts for a couple of pockets and headed out.

My first run around the novice trail (I did it twice) resulted in two stop and walks beyond a picture stop and the second run was smooth sailing all the way thru.

And now … pics:

the entry (and exit, far left)

Last edited by danpass; 04-04-2012 at 02:41 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Rockledge, FL
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner AM
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Off and on for about 20 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Oh jeeze. nasioc.com, rs25.com, primogrillforum.com, flightinfo.com, mtbr.com, silencertalk.com, ar15.com, nikoncafe.com, legacygt.com, wrxatlanta.com

:facepalm:

mtbr member
    What's up, it's Droc089!

1.) Where you are from? Ohio
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC, I guess. Just wanna have fun and ride though the woods.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2012 3.0 GT Karakoram
    4.) How long have you been riding? Today was my first real ride, pure noob.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? none anyone here would really care about.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hey everyone happy to be here.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hi all. New guy here. Looking for an inexpensive bike on CL to get my bearings and to save cash. Just a lowly grad student.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Hey

Looking to increase my Postcount..

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I only registered to answer Fuzz541's question about biking on Monhegan, ME.

I live on Monhegan, and can affirm bikes are NOT permitted on trails. Please refer to the online visitor's guide. I found it when I entered "monhegan trails bikes" in a Google search: try wwwdotmonheganwelcomedotcombackslashplanhtml
    You could theoretically bring your bike along and use it on the roads, but I have found weaving a bike through throngs of birdwatchers and unattended children to be more trouble than it's worth. The commute from, say, The Trailing Yew to the lighthouse is maybe 15 minutes... if you are both gutshot and encumbered. You don't need to shave any time off that stroll. I think you should save the freight charge on the ferry and keep your bike on the mainland. Depending where you leave from and how long you intend to stay, you might even ask a boat line to lock it up for you if you can't leave it in your vehicle.

I hope this answers your question, and that it makes it into the regional threads. Getting this posted was a pisser. Thought you'd be a bit more "freewheelin'" but you're actually kinda post freaks. "10 posts to do this, 5 posts to do that, what's with that link, bucko?" Then again, if you visit, you'll feel some kinship for the regimentation of our recycling program.