Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    (1) Chattanooga, TN...but have had the pleasure of living in & riding the worlds best terrain including Colorado, Germany, Washington.

(2) Experienced trail rider

(3) Currently just 1 bike. I had owned 5 high end bikes which a nasty ex of mine decided to sell off while I was in Iraq.

(4) I have been on a bike my entire life but decided to get serious about cycling in 1997, so 14 years of quality saddle time

(5) I don't use any forums all that much. I do keep up with my favorite manufacturers, retailers, and teams on Facebook

Just looking to get the coveted 5 post count thing down so I can get some feedback on what people think about getting in road miles on a mountain bike. At the moment it's my only option. I need to get out & ride everyday, but due to weather, the cost of travel to trails, I'm thinking why not hit up the road daily and get some fitness in. Do any of you hit up the road on your mountain bikes? I'm rebuilding, and a road bike is in the future but in the meantime I feel like I have to do the best with what I have. Or is it just not worth the effort?

mtbr member
    the schwinn mesa is a good bike entry level bike. both my wife and have them.
    i raced mine once. she's heavy but sturdy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)

Born and raised in the bay area...San Jose, California

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

I consider myself an intermediate rider. I use to ride 4 times a week up until the point I got married and started a family. That was about 7 years ago. I just started riding again less then a month ago. I often visit Alum Rock Boccard0, Stevens Creek Canyon, and Grant Ranch.

3.) How many bikes you own?

Current 1. 2000 Klein Mantra carbon fiber.

4.) How long have you been riding?

I picked up mountain bike riding in the mid 90's.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)

1st mountain bike forum I have joined. Since I last picked up a bike it seems as though this sport has grown.

Add anything else you care to share.

I have a upgrade question to ask. Since the rule prohibit me from posting a new thread I am unable to ask my question in the appropriate sub forum.

Yesterday I fried my rear hub and decided to spend a little money on the bike and upgrade both front and rear wheels. There is a Mavic M517 ceramic coated rim mounted with XTR M960's for $450 out the door, is it worth it to spend the money on this vintage set?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Reside in Richmond, VA
    Ride 3-4 times a week
    2011 Gary Fisher Marlin 29er with a few upgrades
    Been riding for about 16 years, but back on the bike after a 3 year hiatus
    2011 Gary Fisher Marlin 29er
    Avid Elixir Brakes, Stans NoTubes

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey everyone just checking in. I have recently got back into mtn biking after a few years out of the saddle. I know it's going to be a long road in getting back to what I use to do but I have forgot how much I love to ride. I'm in the Olympia, WA area and I would consider myself a weekend warrior in the all mountain class if I had to actually class myself. The only ride I have right now is a KHS fsc 504 now but I am on the hunt for a Giant or Norco FS to upgrade. As I said, I have been riding off and on since 1995 and the last time I really rode was 2005. As far as as other forums, I visit a few Jeep forums and some tactical ones and my passion over the last few years has been shooting.

Thanks,
    OP4

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Good job! "check-in"

well this is my akward first time...
    residing in the nor cal central valley, don't come here 'less you have to.
    rode bmx as a youngster, merely flirted with mtb the last few years but am ambitious.
    2 bikes, well 1 heaping diamond back response which i bought a size too big but has got me started none the less, and just picked up a super v frame and gots some planz build for my first time.
    just a local trail here, but looking forward to so much great terrain not too far in any direction.
    first forum. i'm rather techno shy but here it goes.
    i think i did what the directions told me...

mtbr member
    Sorry, double tap.

Please delete.

mtbr member
    Hello, I am glad to have found this forum.

- I live in Virginia Beach, VA
    - I ride 4-5 times a week
    - My bike is an Independent Fabrication Deluxe, but I am currently looking for a 2011 Trek Gary Fisher Superfly Elite in 19"
    - Been riding since 1989, but just getting back from eight years off a bike.

It's good to be back.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1) George from houston, Tx.
    2) Im a weekend warrior
    3) I own one bike
    4) Ive been riding for about a year and a half

Hey all. I recently started trail riding with my wife. Both of us fell in love with this sport about a year and a half ago. we started on walmart bikes but we just recently upgraded to our first real trail bike. as much as we ride we felt we deserved to upgrade. Anyways, just checking in and hopefully we will be visiting this site often

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1) Originally from Greenville, NC, where I cut my teeth on ramps and freestyling in the early 90's, on a Kuwahara Bravo. Around the world with grad school. Now I'm in Philly, right next to the Wissahickon trails.

2) All mountain: XC to DH, and jumping, until my knees give. Commuter.

3) 09 Santa Cruz Blur xc; 04 Specialized p2; 10 Kink Whip; 07 Origin 8 Uno

4) about 9 am, hungover

5) working on it

Thanks for...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Beijing but now relocating to Sydney for uni
    2.) XC trails/tourer/beginner, still young..
    3.) As of now 2, Btwin Rockrider 5.3 09, Merida Matts TFS XC 100-D
    4.) Riding seriously for roughly a year and a bit now
    5.) OCN, DJ Techtools

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hello to all

1.) Where you are from? Apache Junction, AZ
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I consider myself beginner but think I have a little bit of skill, so maybe a step above beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 - Trek XC, Giant Revel 0
    4.) How long have you been riding?15ish years (no off road), last 6 months have been off roading
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? not too many

I found a new liking after riding a bike with ft suspension (a lot of rocks and rough stuff out here in the desert). No more aching wrists and hands.
    I have ridden dirt bikes and still ride road bikes (motorcycles). I enjoy scuba diving, although I don't go as much as I would like. Just about anything outdoors.
    I thought mountain biking would help me get back into shape a bit while enjoying the great outdoors. I will probably frequent the Arizona part of the forums but thought I should introduce myself to all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi, I'm Melinda. Since I won't be able to post on introduction thread. I want to say hello to everyone out there.

1. I'm from Phoenix, Arizona. Currently having a vacation here in Philippines.
    2. Can't say beginner. Is there an intermediate?
    3. One(1), a mountain bike.
    4. 2 years? want to become fit
    5. dogs and cats.

mtbr member

Just sayin Hi

Hi all, first post so here we go

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) Orlando, FL
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...) all mtn/trail
    3.) How many bikes you own? Specialized Hardrock Sport
    4.) How long have you been riding? off and on for 20 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) just this one for mtb and some other for the 4runner

mtbr member
    1.) Where you are from? San José, Costa Rica

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? all mtn, maybe some XC

3.) How many bikes you own? One precious Iron Stallion

4.) How long have you been riding? since December 08

5.) What forums do you frequent most? this one and Puromtb.com

Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Central OR

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC/AM lite

3.) How many bikes you own? 1

4.) How long have you been riding? since before dirt, actually just back in last fall.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mtbr

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Sorry had to get one more out of the way so I can ask my BB question.

mtbr member
    Ok, first timer here - be gentle!
    1.) Where you are from? Blaine, WA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner/Weekend Warrior
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 HARO Shift R-7
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just about a year now
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This is the first

mtbr member
    1.) Where you are from? ( Blaine,WA)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? ( weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC. )
    3.) How many bikes you own? (One bike=Trek Liquid, minor upgrades.)
    4.) How long have you been riding? (off and on all my life..)
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (MTBR,Pirate 4x4,Nw-wheelers.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-picture-video-127.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Brandon here! I just got back into mountainbiking after hiatus for about 8 years. Had surgery on my elbow and all I wanted to do was get active again.
    I picked up a sweeeeeeet gently used SC Tazmon while I was still in a cast and now I'm back on the trails here near Vegas. Good times!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just Another First Timer =)
    1.) Where Are You From? New Mexico!!
    2.) What Kind Of Rider Do You Consider yourself? Beginner!! With questions ha!
    3.) How Many Bikes You Own? one-2011 Giant Yukon. Need Upgrades!!
    4.) How Long Have You Been Riding? Less then month! Lots to Learn!!
    5.) What Fromus Do You Frequent Most? I like to explore!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Just saying hello. I HATE how I have to comment 5 times so i can post. it's annoying.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hello everyone. Noobie from Princeton, NJ. Just getting back into biking after a long hiatus. Was a runner, primarily, but knee says no more, so going back to biking. Currently doing road, but want to try trail.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Hi

Hi,
    I'm new here... Lol
    Bob
    Massachusetts
    Just getting backing into riding again
    Big Hit

mtbr member
    May 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Mcdonough ,Ga
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 , 2 ,old bmx bikes , 1, 2011 trek ex8
    4.) How long have you been riding? 6 months
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? singletracks.com and various discussion forums on here.
    Hello everyone my name is Shane . I fell back into riding with a local group of photographers , who happen to ride all of the time. Since purchasing my bike I've have lost 27+ pounds and have found a whole new me or at least got in touch with the inner child I lost way back when I started driving . I ride 2 to 3 times a week now 99% offroad as we have some great trails around here . Looking forward to finding some more great trails .

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    mike fry
    jamestown pa
    trail all mountain bmx
    2bikes
    my mountain bike was stolen looking to build a new one and would love opinions when i get goin
    fav place is where ever im at and can be on a bike....any bike

mtbr member
    Have to get my post count up so I can post in the SoCal area!

I'm in Murrieta, CA.
    I guess I'm an intermediate rider.
    I own a Santa Cruz Superlight and a DeRosa steel road bike.
    I've been riding since I was about 6 or so and I'm 55 now.
    This is the only bike forum I am on (so far). I'm on a bunch of car/hot rod, motorcycle and boat forums but you all probably don't care about that!

Relatively new to this area and am looking for trails and riders.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hi there

Was hoping to receive some advice from members here but finding it difficult to post in the sections that would fit my questions. I assume this forum has been hammered by spammers or something, which would explain the strict first post requirements.

Anyhow, I'm Steve... reside in SE PA. I've been mountain biking on the trails in SEPA and NEPA since about 2000. Here's the thing though, I've been doing so on a POS Trek. It was the bottom of the barrel model when I picked it up 8 or so years ago. And truthfully... I shouldn't call it a POS since it has treated me very well.

I do mountaineering and oddly enough have the best equipment for it. When it comes to biking though... for some reason I've never splurged.

I'd like to change that. I'm starting to trail ride around here more frequently and given that the trek is a hardtail with rubber breaks... it's just not cutting it anymore. I don't know much about modern bikes but from the looks of them... they've come a LONG way.

I asked a buddy who does a lot of riding what bike I should get. He claimed that I should stick with Specialized and he recommended the Enduro Comp. Definitely a steep price tag... but it it's worth it, I'd certainly be willing to spend the money.

I was hoping to hear from you guys - would it be insane for someone to pick up their first *real* bike for $3k or whatever the going rate is for that bike?

One thing's for certain... it'll get used.

Thanks in advance!

-Steve

mtb addict
    Austin, Texas
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    I've been a techy xc rider for most of 30 years... now discovering I love hills, climbing and descending
    One- RacerX 29er, 80mm front/rear
    since I was 5? I'm 37 now so.... got my first mountain bike at 12 years old.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    Normally on my LBS forum (hammerheadbikes.com) on the trail, or stuck at work.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008

First Time Check In.

Hello all! Anthony here checking in..

South Jersey

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    Beginner, Weekend warrior,

Gary Fisher Mt. Tam 29er - 2003

Off and on for about 15 years. Mostly off..

5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    Here.

Add anything else you care to share.

Been out of the sport for a while and starting to pick it back up. Looking for some beginner rides to get legs and technicals back..

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Hi, all, I'm Beverly...

1.) Where you are from? NW suburbs of Chicago
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Novice... hopefully graduating to the "I don't run into trees anymore" level by the end of the summer =)
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 - Trek X-Cal 29er
    4.) How long have you been riding? MTBing for about 1 month. I'm in love.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Checked out 29ers and Women's Lounge while researching bikes/gear, now spending a lot of time at CAMBR.org to learn about local trails.
    Last edited by BZ Gal; 07-17-2011 at 10:17 PM.
    "Much to learn, you still have." -Yoda

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hello all My name is Dan here is a bit on me.

1.) Where you are from? Eugene, Oregon
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner, Haven't been on a bike in years.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 - 2011 Specialized Hardrock - Base Model -- Just got it 7-16-11
    4.) How long have you been riding? A few days!
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Looked at the Specialized boards a ton to help me pick the bike.

I bought my bike for exercise and transport. I chose a Mountain Bike because I am a heavy guy and I wanted it to hold up to some weight. A few of the bike shops tried to talk me into a road bike, but I wanted an option later on to do some trails. Plus who doesn't like the looks of a Mountain Bike!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

New member in SL,UT

been trying to get myself around on all these trails of salt lake. did millcreek climb from pay stop to pipe line to rattlensnake gulch today. rattlesnake is supposed to be advanced tech? thought it was pretty mellow. at first i was hesitant to take the gf down but she ended up saying the descent was a walk in the park. Trying to find some good tech. rides around salt lake, or anywhere worthy of a weekend trip. thanks

zach

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) I'm from Lisbon, Portugal
    2.) 29er Rider
    3.) A have a Epic 29er
    4) I just ridding since June 2011... and i'm loving it
    5.) Portuguese Foruns

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hello, all.

I am actually not new to MTB Review. I have posted several trails over the years but never anything to this forum.

1) I am from Washougal, WA.
    2) I am a daily MTB rider--1500 miles so far this year, about 90% of this on my mountain bike, the other 10% on a road bike (just to say I did it). We ride in the rain here in Washington at least half the year.
    3) I (we) have 17 bicycles, five unicycles (one of them a five-foot giraffe unicycle), and an ultimate wheel. With seven children, all of whom ride and race moutain bikes and some of whom also ride/race unicycles, our RV is quite a sight with our five-bike ATOC Draftmaster rack on the back and our four-bike Thule rack on the front, fully loaded.
    4) Like most folks, I have been riding since I was five or six, but only casually until 11 years again when I bought my first MTB--a 2000 GT Timberline hardtail. Now I ride a Giant Trance. We have been replacing all the cheap garage-sale bikes with Specialized & Felt from our local shop as the hand-me-downs wear out. Hopefully, only good bikes from now on.
    5) I have spent a lot of time on the trail review forums here

mtbr member
    May 2004

Giant Trance X3 bottom bracket

I cannot figure out how to get past the "To create new threads in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 1 posts." message when trying to post this to the Manufacturers -> Giant forum, so I am posting here.

Giant just replaced my failing Trance2 frame with a TranceX3 frame under warranty. Unlike my Trance2, which required a threaded bottom bracket, the Trance X3 requires a press-fit bottom bracket (41 mm ID). I have a Shimano SLX/Hollowtech II crankset/bottom bracket set and am trying to determine two things:

1. Is there a press-in adapter that will allow me to use my threaded bottom bracket (my preferred solution), or
    2. Is there a press-fit bottom bracket for this frame and crankset combination?
    Last edited by Brain; 07-18-2011 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Misspelled a word

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey all. My name is Mike:

1.) Where you are from? Montana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Intermediate
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 MTB: Trek 4500, but thinking about my first FS. 1 single speed road bike (dumpster find and rebuild).
    4.) How long have you been riding? Consistently for about 3 years now.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just this one so far

mtbr member
    Hello - centershot's my handle - archery term which I also enjoy.

1) I'm from Twin Falls, Idaho at the bottom in the middle (you know, where Evil Knievel crashed into the canyon and home of the only bridge in the US that is legal to base jump off of)
    2) I'm a weekend warrior now, did a few XC races back in the late 1980's and have just gotten back into riding more seriously the last couple of years.
    3) One bike guy here, a 2009 Trek 6500 hardtail - considering a GF Hi-Fi 29er.
    4) Started Mountain Biking in the mid 1980's on a Univega - moved up to a Klein Pinnacle and rode that off and on until 2009 when I bought the Trek above.
    5) I like the review forums, lots of good unbias info there.

mtbr member
    Yikes, four posts in and I am just now finding this thread! Well five posts now.

1.) Upstate NY, but I live in Maryland right now.

2.) XC for sure. I basically just try not to kill myself.

3.) Five for me, which isn't counting the two I bought my wife.

4.) Since 1984

5.) I'm still finding my way around. It's a big place and I'm still trying to work out where everything is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    1.) Where you are from? I live in Phoenix, Arizona USA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner, AM/XC
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 - Giant Revel 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Rode BMX as a kid religiously, but have just recently started mountain biking, 6 weeks (already lost 10lbs)
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? MTBR.com (only mountain bike forums I've found that i like).

Add anything else you care to share. - I just bought a house, and realized that I could get a mountain bike (apt was very small, no room for a bike, and a friends bike was stolen, completely turned me off of getting a bike until I got a house. Its amazing, how now I can "find the time" to get some miles in on my bike. I friggen love it. Just in 6 weeks I've already lost noticeable weight (both in number and in physique). I wish I would have started this sooner.

And feel free to post a photo of your bike or even better, you riding your bike on your local/favorite trail!.

mtbr member

First and maybe last post due to restrictions on posting...

New to the forum. Not very knowledgeable about bikes as I'd rather just ride them. Don't really care to much for all the specifics. That said I've finally reached the point that it's time to retire my first bike, a 98 Jamis Dakota. So after 13 years on this bike I decided I needed two bikes instead of just one and I've invested in a WFO 9. Couldn't pass on a great deal. However, it's WAY overkill for most of the riding I do so looking at keeping it real with a SIR 9 built as a SS. Now my problem. Never ridden SS and no real option to try it out, but love the idea of it. Another bit of disclosure, I had knee surgery 7 months ago and am not sure the knee can handle the load but am still intrigued to try. 32-20 on my 26er is about the limit. Is SS a dumb idea? What would be a good gearing choice? Can any one steer me towards some discussions on gearing for SS? eg the physics of ratios, lever arms, comparisons between 26" and 29", etc. Thanks for the help!
    BD

ps Do people actually ever read these newbie posts?
    Last edited by Breaking Down; 07-18-2011 at 03:49 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey I'm j-curl

I'm from California

I'm about as green as you can be when it comes to biking, I haven't been on a bike in about 13 years. For some reason I've developed a strong urge to ride and I fully intend to indulge myself.

I don't own a single one. That's actually why I'm here, to find help and advice on what I should be looking for as a beginner. Unfortunately I can't create topics yet to ask lol.

How long have I been biking? I haven't, but I fully intend to start doing it regularly.

As far as biking forums go, this would be my first one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Gianluca Fenzo from Chile
    2.) I'm a downhiller! hell yeah!
    3.) I own only one bike but I have sold the frameset it was a Giant Dhcomp 2005
    4.) I have been riding since 2008
    5.) Dh/Fr, general, and the classifieds

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) New to Washington State
    2.) I just got into trail riding and all around riding, nothing too serious
    3.) I had a Gary Fisher Marlin Disc which I liked until I took it to the shop and found that the bracket hadn't been put on properly (Trek is not on my Christmas list now). Got a replacement Trek 4500 and swapped out the Suntour front fork with my old Rock Shox Dart 3. Having issues with the front axle and i don't think its compatible with my new Shimano rims
    4.) Got back into riding last year
    5.) first time in here, looking for some assistance in the forums for my axle problems

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) from Norcal
    2.) beginner/weekend warrior
    3.) 1 bike - 2010 rockhopper sl
    4.) riding since i was 7
    5.) mtbr for MTB

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Whats good people?

I'm new to the forums but not to the game, been ridin all my life, just turned 23.

I'm from Eureka, CA, its way up north.

I started "seriously" riding with I was about 16, got into XC, rode the hell out of a XTC, one day I launched a 7 stair to flat and cracked it... sent it to Giant, they sent back an STP. launched a 12 to flat a while later, sent the STP to Giant haha, got another STP... I no longer go that big to flat on my STP

I built a Steelhead SS with a freecoaster and I ride urban with that, also cracked that one doin... iono what, probably that same 12 stair. So looking to replace it maybe with something from atomlab.

I also have a Bullit, the newer version, have yet to crack that *crosses fingers*

Anyway just wanted to say hi.

mtbr member
    1.) Somerville, MA
    2.) Maybe I'm a weekend warrior, or perhaps all mtn/trail... Not sure of the distinction but I read more often than just the weekends.
    3.) Two - Old Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo and a 2010 Cannondale F5
    4.) Been mountain biking for 5 years. Have always ridden bikes though.
    5.) I post at drummerworld.com and recently started posting here.

I mountain biked a ton between 2000-2004 and spent a lot time at mtbr.com for trail reviews in NJ. I never posted on the forum, but after finding some good info from some posters, I've been sucked in...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm getting back into riding again. I'm actively shopping for a 29er. I test rode a 19 in Trek Hifi in a parking lot. Loved the feel of it. I'm 6-4 210 so I think I should be on a 21. The Rumblefish I has my interest. Joined the forum to really soak up the knowledge here. Thanks in advance to everyone who answers my idiotic questions!

1.) North East Pennsylvania
    2.) I'm 10 years away from riding. Getting back into it.
    3.) I own 1. A 2000 XL Klein Attitude Comp.
    4.) I rode daily from 1995-2000. Lost interest for 10 yrs now I'm back into it.
    5.) I'm a musician so I frequent guitar forums.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) North Lake Tahoe, CA, USA
    2.) All-Mountain
    3.) 1
    4.) 17 years
    5.) Mostly here

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    this site is already tedious as hell. why is it behaving so slowly?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I am SICK of having my bikes stolen from my backyard. You'd think hiding the damn thing behind two giant pine trees, completely out of site, in a relatively low crime area, would be enough.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey, I'm David. Been using the site for quite a while. Decided to get an account to view the pics and tap in to the endless resources! Thanks for making it possible!

1.) San Luis Obispo, Ca
    2.) All Mountain Trail rider. I like to work for my downhill!
    3.) 2
    4.) 20 years
    5.) Calguns, BARF, ThumperTalk, Vampires MC, Skullandbonesskateboards, SuperMotoJunkie

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    hey, my names Tom, and im a senior at ODU studying mechanical engineering with a focus in power and energy with a minor in motorsports.

1.) Northern VA, right outside of DC, although I travel back and forth to Norfolk for school.
    2.) Road cyclist and all mtn rider
    3.) 1 roadie, 1 hardtail, 1/2 a single speed, and 1 stolen full suspension (stolen from me)
    4.) riding for about 8 years
    5.) this is the first forum for biking that i've joined....always been on automotive forums (revlimited, supraforums, e30tech)

i joined the forums to search for ideas/plans for mtn bike obstacles. just inherited 40+ acres of land and ive set up a trip with a bunch of friends from school to camp out for 4-5 days to build trails, jumps, platforms, and a pump track for later this august.

if any of you guys have any suggestions and pictures of some sick obsticals (that are within the limits of a moderate rider....with some balls haha), check out a general discussion page, im gonna start a thread. thanks guys.
    Last edited by supraturbwoah; 07-19-2011 at 06:19 PM. Reason: the noob forgot his name

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey everyone, I'm the newest new guy as of this post. I am getting back into mountain biking after taking a few (eight) years off from hitting the trails.

1.) Born and raised in Grand Junction Co.
    2.) When I was big into riding before I had my bike for XC, and my other for DH.
    3.) Two complete bikes and one frame in which I plan to transfer the parts from one bike over to.
    4.) I got onto one of my bikes pretty much every day for 5 years, then, put them away... Getting back into it now.
    5.) I am a regular at Co AR15, and will probably be a regular here also now.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

New to MTBR

As directed just checking in and saying high to everyone. I have been riding consistently for about 3 years, but have gotten a little more serious this year and thought this would be a good place to gain some information that in reality I know jack squat about.

So hello, I'm from MN and I'm looking to pull the trigger on a decent bike for winter commuting.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi there,

I started following mtbr because there are a lot of bikers here form different countries. Lots of useful info etc.

1.) I am from Sint Pancras, Netherlands
    2.) I ride for some years now, cross country mostly
    3.) HT MTD and a road bike
    4.) 20 years or so. Last couple of years a bit more miles/km's
    5.) mountainbike.nl/mountainbike.be/fiets.nl (Dutch and Belgium forums)

I am also a runner. This used to be my main activity. I do 10km-21km runs and crosscountry running in the winterseason.
    I am looking for a new bike for 2012. Want to go full suspension and I am very enthousiastic about the 29ers. I am glad to see there are finally some 29er fullies coming tot Europe this and next year.

Anyone visiting the Netherlands and wants some bike-advice (tracks,transportation,rental), please ask :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

newb

1.nj
    2.any riding
    3.gt force
    4.15 yrs

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Hey All,

Most people call me Fitz and I live, work and play in Edmonton, AB
    1.) Where you are from? Originally Calgary AB lived in Edmonton most of my life though.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Super Rookie, for now anyway
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1: One 2011 Cannondale SL 3
    4.) How long have you been riding? Approximately three hours as of right....now.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Do Facebook and Twitter count?

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. I hope I can eventually become a more skill and serious mountain biker as well as valued member of the mountain bike community.

Cheers,

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    some good forums here. but i need posts

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hello there

Hi everyone, this is Dave from Orangeville, Canada. I am a beginning rider and just bought a used Trek 850. I have been riding bikes most of my life and I frequent the Clydesdale forum.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm Jason and I rode for a few years in the late 90's and early 2000's but I moved and sold my GT before the move and quit riding. I am just getting back into mountain biking and remembering how much I love it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    1)Name is Patrick, currently located in sharpsburg GA..burn
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Noob, mostly ride singletrack, and paved trails..
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 bike/ GF Tassajara09'
    4.) How long have you been riding?little over a year.. I ride dirt almost everyday
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)porno..xnxx.com and pornhub are my favs

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My name is Dave

1.) I live in Boise, Id (Meridian actually...but who knows where that is!?!)
    2.) I ride Mountain\Road
    3.) Have one bike . 2002 Gary Fisher Wahoo. Heavy but great bike. Did I mention it's heavy (35lbs)
    4.) I've been riding seriously for about 9 years ( mostly commuting to work, traffic hear was getting really bad so I "Headed for the Hill" with new knobbies and a fresh tune up.
    5.) I build mandolins so I visit the mandolin cafe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-picture-015.jpg  

Last edited by D18dave; 07-20-2011 at 10:01 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hi from Jacksonville, FL

Hello all!

1.) Where you are from? Jacksonville, FL
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? hard to really say. Since I was 4, not for years, never really seriously.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? BushcraftUSA, HammockForums.net

Just wanting to try riding out. Spent a little time on an old NEXT Walmart special. Garbage. However, I am not yet ready to invest a small fortune. So looking for a lower costing starter. Maybe a platform I can add/upgrade as I progress.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    "The bicycle is a curious vehicle. Its passenger is its engine." ~Christopher Morley~

1.) Where you are from? Southern California, Inland Empire.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend Warrior/commuter.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3! An all mountain, a hard tail, and a 24 inch bmx cruiser.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 16 years, mostly bmx. I made an awesome switch to the mountain. Nothing better then being out in the forest. May the Forest be with you.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? None
    6.) What are your favorite places to ride? As far as local trails. I ride from 7 oaks on the Santa Ana River Trail, Hurkey Creek, and big bear/snow summit. Hulda Crooks is fun to. My favorite vacation trails are found in Mammoth, and BrianHead Utah.

As for my user name I am a prop 215 medical cannabis patient. I have mild to severe chronic pain from a previous leg injury. I was hit by a car when I was a kid and I now have 4 screws and a rod in my right leg. The cannabis allows me to be active still. I can ride a bike once again. As before the pain would deter me from it. Its a safe natural alternative that I prefer over the toxic overly prescribed prescription drugs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-my-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    My name is Gerry and I live in Billings, MT. I am mostly a roadie and ride a Scott CR1 which I truly enjoy. I also have an old Pro-Flex Reptile with new urethane springs that I started riding again recently and was starting to get hooked on trail riding. I was supposed to be in a novice 10 mile MTB race last Sunday, but on Friday while trail riding I fell into a boulder and fractured a rib, which along with the bruising to the muscles on the left side of my spine, has turned out to be truly painful. I didn't race on Sunday and have been home from work taking it easy ever since. I'm 66 and only work part-time so I can take time off when I want or need it. So, I've been researching HT 29ers and so far at the top of my list to try is the Scott Scale 29. I am pretty sure I won't ride the MTB as much as the road bike so I'm not really interested in a CF frame. I hang out at RBR some and this place looks quite familiar in terms of layout.

mtbr member
    Hi all, I'm salt.
    I live in Bend, Oregon.
    I mostly ride singlespeed.
    My stable is usually around 3 bikes but I aspire to having one.
    I've been riding bikes since '77 and mountain since '88.
    I've had the fortune of riding many places around the world and I love them all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Petaluma , CA (north bay)
    2.) I've always said that the only reason I ride up a hill, is so I can ride down it, but there is some satisfaction to conquering a gnarly climb, so I guess that would fall under all mountain.
    3.) One bike, 2006 Marin Rocky Ridge hardtail. Built heavy, but I don't worry about it.
    4.) I've been riding off and on for around 15 years.
    5.) I'm on Pirate4x4 pretty regularly, but thats about it. Joined a few more, but never spent much time on any others.

Mid Life Crises
    Jul 2011

Newbie checking in.

Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Alumni of The University of Alabama and currently work at the same.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/ trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    Weekend Warrio - All Mtn/Trail Rider
    Four for the family. Recently picked up a new Cannondale Trail SL 4 and Cannondale Trail 6 WSD for my wife.
    36 years. I would do crazy things on our family's 10 spd we brought back from Germany. However, I am just getting back into real biking on a real bike for the first time in 14 years. Wish me luck.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Sokol Park, Tuscaloosa, Al

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Names Eduard. I have been riding for 3yrs. mostly road bikes and Fixie. Integrating into mountain bikes. I normally ride more than 70 miles on my Cervelo around Los Angeles and surrounding are. Cant wait to tackle the back roads of Los Angeles.
    1.) I live in Northridge, CA
    2.) What kind of rider do i consider myself? weekend warrior
    3.) How many bikes do i own? Cervelo P2C, Cannondale synapse 6, Steam roller.
    4.) How long have i been riding? 3yrs going on 4
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Corral, svtperformance.
    LETS DO THIS....
    Last edited by calcobra98; 07-22-2011 at 02:32 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011

username polok...

Used to ride my ROSS 10spd to the beach in CT.
    Began riding off-road in central PA on a Klein hardtail in the late eighties.
    Recently (2yrs.) began communting via bike ( Kona Jake) in Albuquerque, NM.

Need to ride EVERY day. Need a change of pace. Time for a FULL-susser...
    Lots of great XC terrain to explore. 5'8" 160 lbs. average rider
    Turner, 29er, classifieds and reviews mostly...

no pics yet....

mtbr member
    Hi All, my name is Chris and i just got into mountain biking this summer. Been going riding about once a month with my coworkers. Here are my cookie cutter responses:

1.) Baltimore, MD
    2.) Beginner trail rider, XC
    3.) 0 bikes, been riding a loaner
    4.) 1 month?
    5.) golfmkv

Going to check out a 2006 giant trance today, i'll post pics once i get a bike :-)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1. White House, TN
    2. Beginner, greenways and easier trails
    3. I have a 2012 Specialized Hardrock Disc 29 on order
    4. Had mountain bikes as a teen. Fifteen years later, I'm starting all over again.
    5. Still new to the site. I've been reading and searching the 29er, clydesdale, and Specialized forums mostly.
    Last edited by Hawse; 07-22-2011 at 05:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Greetings

Long time lurker turn poster

1 Hour north of Spokane
    Long time weekend warrior
    Trek 8500 and Sp. Enduro
    35 years
    Mandolin Cafe, Martin Unofficial, Telemarktip

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Hi
    New here, would like to post some pictures but need the old post count up.
    have a good day!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hi all

I've checked this site out a few times over the years but never got round to joining, so here i am.
    I've a bit more time on my hands now, for the second time this year i've snapped my collar bone, agghh!
    Don't ya just hate waiting for your self to repair.
    Again its gunna give me time to buy more bits for my broken horse.
    I'm looking to buy a buy a new bike soon, been looking at a lappy but keen to try a trek soon.
    My marin is gettin a little old now and like all marins they've never moved on, so its time to change.
    2007 attack trail with lots a hope and sram, wide race face bars and 200mm rotars that didn't help me stop.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Newbie seeking help choosing Cannondale bike

Hey everyone,
    After years of road riding, I want to get off the blacktop and try some trails.
    I live in Milwaukee, Wis., and will be riding in the Kettle Moraine area on single-track trails -- nothing too challenging to start with, but I want to advance my skills fairly quickly.
    In choosing a bike, my goal is to get something that won't be disappointing in a few years but that won't break my bank account.
    I am pretty much committed to Cannondale, through my local bike shop.
    That said, would the Flash 3 be a good choice?
    Would the Flash 2 or Flash 1 (aluminum) be that much better for fairly aggressive recreational riding? (I weigh 170 pounds and, at times, would push the bike pretty hard).
    Many thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.
    Glad I found this forum.
    Ride safe,
    Redline09

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hi,

Greg from Oxford, MS
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) Originally Cali, but in Mississippi now
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...) mostly trail ride and xc racing
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4
    4.) How long have you been riding? 20 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) mostly the New Mexico one because I often spend summers there.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm so new I don't even have a bike yet, reading here at MTBR for 2 weeks now and just about ready to buy. I live way down in Baja, Mexico. I want a bike for aerobic excercise and weight loss (currently 6'-0" and 250#). Owned 26ers in the past, I have zeroed on a 29er hardtail as the right type of bike for my intended usage and physical size. I haven't ridden in 15 years should be fun!

The special deals on the Marin Alpine Trail 29er and few others look great (I want to spend less than $1,000 to get started, and need shoes, clip ins, a few other goodies).

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I am new to mountain biking. Started biking again this year after not owning a bicycle for 25 years.

1.) Where you are from? Small town, USA. Prosser,WA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm riding 15-20 path miles a day and hit the dirt trails once a week for 20. Riding at least 6 days a week.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 mountain bikes that I ride. 2 old CroMo Treks (800 sport and 930) and a Giant Rainier.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Well, my first bike was a Schwinn Sting-ray in 1971. I rode a lot of BMX until 1979 (highschool).
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I'd say I'm a little scatter brained. I frequent forums about rocketry, beer/wine making and COD (WAW and Black Ops)

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hi everyone, name's Zach, just got in to mtb, got my first bike in March, hoping to get into better shape and gain trail experience.

1.) East central Alabama, currently in school at Auburn
    2.) Beginner and open to other types (DH, XC, 29'ers, etc)
    3.) 1 for now
    4.) About 4 months
    5.) Other favorite forum is tacomaworld.com. highly recommended for any Tacoma owners on here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-271970_10150265673267445_821562444_7555644_3606504_o.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1) From Azusa, CA
    2) I consider my self a novice trail rider
    3) Currently 1 bike and just got it 1 day ago
    4) I've been riding for about 3 years borrowing my friend's bike
    5) mtbr is what I visit the most

So as I mention above I just recently got my first (real) mountain bike and it's a 2011 Gaint Revel 2. I got it used but I thought it was a good deal, I paid $165 for it so now it's time to start upgrading.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_0405.jpg  

Willard

neewby checking in!

Hi, my name is Will.
    Im from Black Mountain, North Carolina.
    I own one bike, its an Iron Horse PT-4 Cruiser.
    I have several serious injuries, from my time in the Navy. I got out out on disability and unfortunatly Im now disabled. Im going to try to ride my bike to get in shape as a type of therapy and a way to lose weight.
    I just started riding around the campground and I think this is gonna help me lose the weight I need to. I've lost about 100lbs on my diet, and I've hit the wall with diet alone. Im not able to do anything involving walking or standing or even lifting! This being disabled is for the birds! Ten years this Sept is how long Ive had these herniated disks! Six disks total; anyway I think that for road riding short distances Ill be ok. Well thats my info for now! Later Will.. P.S. Im 6' 4" and now 280lbs, instead of 382lbs!!!!!!! One day Ill be 200lbs and be happy!!

Willard
    Oh heres's my bike! I'll post a better pic soon. Im really liking the sun bicycles "key west" 22' frame, it sits me up-right and looks like my sons k2 bmx bike! My LBS said I can get a new 2011 model for 399.00. I hope that the bike is worth it and that it's strong enough for a big dude like me! Im researching it and I hope to find out more about durability and such.

Born Again
    Jul 2011
    1.) My name is Ryan and I'm from Salem, Oregon

2.) I consider myself a weekend (and weekday) warrior! I try to get out on a 15 mile ride at least 3-4 times a week, even if I have to do it alone.

3.) Technically I own two bikes, but only one is worth riding. My 1997 GT Tequesta (all rigid!) gets me around town and the beginner trails just fine for now. I'll end up end spending way too much money upgrading it, but I just love 90's stuff so much that I don't even care. My other bike, a 90's women's Magna Glacier Point, is an emergency only bike, as in I'll likely be in the emergency room if I take it out for a ride.

4.) I've have been riding a bike in some form since I was 6 years old. I had a BMX stage during my teen years. I Used to ride a 80's GT Performer frame my dad found buried in the sand at the beach. Sold it too a lucky kid for $15 last year at a garage sale. I bought a mountain bike about 8 years ago wanting to get into the sport, but it was stolen from me the day after I bought it. Needless to say I was a little discouraged from buying another bike. Only in the past few months have I gotten back into biking, and my calves are surprisingly stronger than ever.

5.) I usually frequent the VRC forum to drool over the amazing bikes that I hope to someday own, and I visit Retrobike on occasion as well. Other than that I just try to take in as much helpful info as I can everywhere on the site!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1) I am Portuguese living in Finland
    2) I am a xc racer
    3) At the moment I own 3 bikes - road, dirtjump and xc bike
    4) I started riding in 1997 and competing in 1998
    5) I normally follow the Cannondale forum

Cheers!
    Frederico Contente

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hi all!!

Im Glen from brisbane...au
    i ride a 09 norco bushpilot with xt gear.
    mainly a weekend warrior,and to and from work.
    Mostly ride the cootha track...as i dont know anywhere else.
    Only been riding for 18 months.
    MTBR is the only forum i follow and what has made me upgrade my alivio to xt.

Hello everyone!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    1.) Columbia, Maryland
    2.) 29er first and foremost... tack on to that, commuter & after this weekend XC racer
    3.) One, a 2011 Trek Cobia
    4.) I started riding back in 1983 with a $100 bike from Bradlees (remember them). Upgraded to a Univega in '85 then to a Cannondale in '88 trading the frame in on a '94 model. Stopped riding in early 2004 when I got a motorcycle. Started riding again in late Winter 2011 commuting to work for fitness and fun.
    5.) As far as Mountain Biking, here and Dirt Rag mostly.

see me rollin, they hatin
    Guess i should do this: i'm Nicole, i'm 28. (wish you could post pics directly from hard drive!)
    Southern NH. grew up in Northern MA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    rode in the woods as a kid alot. then stopped for years. picked it back up in late 2008. i'd consider myself able to ride 80% of what they call "intermediate" trails. so...advanced Novice?
    4. i have a mtb dual suspension, a Giant Dash with knobby tires that i can take offroad, a vintage columbia (mostly because it looks cool) and an old 90's mongoose mtb that i ride to the store and such.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 3 or so years as a kid, then picked back up in adulthood for about 3 seasons.5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    non really

mtbr member
    Hello all, I'm Dwayne.
    1.) I'm from Houston, Texas.
    2.) I guess I'm a weekend warrior.
    3.) I own 4 bikes.
    4.) Started riding MTB's in 1992.
    5.) I read a lot of forums but don't post hardly at all.

I'm currently building up my first full suspension bike.

mtbr member
    1.) Where you are from? San Diego, CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...) Probably an Intermediate-Weekend Warrior Trail Rider who does a Dawn Patrol or Dusk ride during the week when I can.
    I own 2: A 2005(bought in '06) Trek Fuel EX7 full-suspension & '92 Specialized Stumpjumper M2 hardtail (w/a blown Manitou 2 fork) mainly used to pull the kids in the trailer.
    4.) How long have you been riding? On and off since 1992 with a long 8 year break, but recently started going out 3-4 times a week since recovering from neck surgery...and loving it! I ride more conservatively now but would love to bomb a hill like the youngsters on their bikes that costs more than the bluebook value of my car!
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This one, Jeepforum & singletrack

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    From Milwaukee Wisconsin
    I can hold my own on the trails but would prefer to get out and ride more then i do
    I have a Specialized Hardrock sport, i am also a road biker so i have my connondale R700
    Have been mtbiking for probably 3 years
    I had been coming to this site consistently to look at reveiws on products so i thought it was about time for me to join

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Hello everyone!

Good to meet you all.
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)East San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner again, been a long lay off.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Does that count parts? 2 intact, SS cyclocross and an old steel hardtail.
    4.) How long have you been riding? all my life, serious mtb since '87 then life interupted for some years.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Dunno, probably start with clydesdale, got some pounds to lose.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey everybody
    Phil from Rio Rancho, NM
    XC, Beginner for sure. Rode some as a kid but I'm not counting that.
    I Just picked a 2011 Jamis Dragon 29er, loving it so far
    Just starting my adventure
    Been lurking the forum for about a week or so while I narrowed down my choices for a mtb. I'm mostly on this this site and subaru forums.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Nice to meet you all. I've lingered on the site for a while but never posted anything. Just bought my second bike and I'm gonna need help with this one cause I have questions and I know i'm gonna need to replace a few parts. Thanks for having the resources.

1) From Laguna Vista (South Texas)
    2) Basically a beginner weekend warrior kinda rider. Would like something more xtreme but its south texas...not many trails down here.
    3) I have 2 bikes 1 Trek 3700 hardtail and just bought and needs work 2003 K2 Attack 2.0
    4) I've road for a few months on and off but up for any challenge.
    5) For now I'm just on here but I usually go to 8thcivic or zr2usa.

Looking forward to Learning about things here in the site. ^_^
    Last edited by m3tr1c; 07-22-2011 at 12:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

hello all!

Hi all, complete newbie here
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share) From Roanoke, VA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...) Beginner MTBer, decent roadie, triathlete (gasp!)
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3, specialized roubiax comp, fitted with lockable powercranks (had them a couple years, not bad) and laced to edge 50 wheel with wireless PT (love that!), Cervelo P2C, compact with rotor rings, my new steed is GF XCAl '11, salsa carbon bar, bonty, carbon seat post and brand spanking new set of stans tubless.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Road, 10 yrs, owned my MTB since July 1st, this year, already raced twice and doing 6 hour enduro race in the am, with my new set of rims!! should be "fun!"
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Slowtwitch, MTBR, recently got onto pinkbike.com
    well hello, anyways, my race tomorrow will be the first on the tubeless system, wish I had it last week on my XC race. looking to upgrade and take the bike weight down as much as possible, right now, race equipted its jus over 26.
    Walter

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Hey guys....gals....etc...

1.) Seattle
    2.) all mtn/trail rider
    3.) 7...several with motors and lots of travel
    4.) too long (1982)
    5.) single track / general

Not a big forum user but getting back into mtn bking and thought I could use a refresh.

Thanks
    T

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Bob from Evanston, WY
    My time is split between WY and Minot, ND
    Just starting riding again after a 15 year hiatus
    2 FS
    Found this site a few days ago and cant get enough.

mtbr member
    Finally signed up!

Moose Member
    Sup ya'll, im Moosey...

1.) Where you are from? Fallon Nevada.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Freerider.... I love being in the air.
    3.) How many bikes you own? I personally have 3, Intense m1 with new components, Haro Porter (currently getting worked on), and a Felt compulsion with a lower shock, set up for more freeride stuff, but its still my do everything bike.
    4.) How long have you been riding? since i was 5, so 12 years now. My pops took me to northstar 3 seasons ago and thats what got me hooked. Got my first REAL bike last year.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Downhill/Freeride, and certain brands.
    6.) What are your favorite places to ride? Anywhere with jumps, Northstar is the closet resort... vacation to Mammoth every year.

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-p6030232.jpg

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-compulsion-1.jpg

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-m1.jpg

And my 2 most recent videos...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/26712190?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/26712190">Blender Trail at Rattlesnake Mtn.</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user6427868">Moosey</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/26497828?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/26497828">Slo-Mo Edit</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user6427868">Moosey</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Page 3 of 89 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast