Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173
Results 8,601 to 8,650 of 8650
    mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    1) From Pasadena, CA
    2) I'm a beginner for mountain, but a solid intermediate for road. I'm also big and tall at 6'4" 210 Lbs putting me in the "Clydesdale" group. Haven't been on a mtb in ~15 years and last time was Big Bear mtn/Snow Summit.
    3) I have 5 bikes the most important one for me is my Look KG, but for mtb I have an Intense M1. After those I have two beach cruisers and a muscle bike for around town fun rides.
    4) I've been riding for about 10 years, with about half of those being daily commutes on my Look.
    5) Of late I'm usually on reddit for everything, but I am mildly active in a beach cruiser forum still.

I used to be an avid trail and cross country runner, but I broke my knee and I find it disagrees with me now. Cycling and swimming have been good to me since then so I'm branching further into those.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Hello. My name is Trey. I am from Athens, GA, home of the University of Georgia. I have been riding mountain bikes off and on since 1985 when I got my first bike, a Trek. My second bike was a Ross, Mt. Hood which I still have to this day and ride at least every other week. My son, age 15, has finally gained a lot of interest in mountain biking and has been great to be able to ride with him. He just got a Trek Marlin 4 and is hitting the East Athens Trail Bike course almost daily while out of school. We usually ride on the weekends around Athens, GA along with North Georgia. My favorite trail in our area is Wildcat Creek just west of Lake Burton. In addition to biking I enjoy woodworking. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Good evening everyone:

My name is Chris and I'm from the Silver City, NM area. I mountain biked for a brief period of time in my early twenties then gave it up to focus on military service, school, career and so on.

Then about two years ago following some middle aged angst and allegedly, a peyote trip or two, I picked it back up and was quickly bit by the bug. I've become a maniac in the intervening years.

I'll do my best to answer the questions:

1. Southwestern New Mexico. Much of my riding is in the Silver City area.

2. I'm mainly a trail/all mountain rider but compete in several xc and endurance races a year (10-12 hour solo races mainly). I'd say I've develop a decent intermediate skill set at this point with good cardio and endurance. I've begun to experiment with bike packing as well.

3. I currently own two bikes:

a. 2015 Salsa Spearfish with a 125 mm KS LEV dropper, Nobby Nics and Race Face Chester Flats

b. 2015 Kona Process 111 with Race Face Chester Flats and Nobby Nics

*Until last week I also had a 2015 Trek Fuel EX 7 29er, but sold it as all my trail/all mountain riding is done on the Kona, and the geometry and aggressive nature of the Kona is unmatched, so I did not ride the the Trek as much.

4. Almost two years.

5. This is the only outdoor/sport related forum I frequent.

Best regards and happy New Year everyone!

NOOB

... and if we just ...

Hi I'm Dem,

1.) Im from Davao City, Philippines
    2.) Novice
    3.) I own 2 bikes
    4.) I started last July but i got serious into it in November. I ride almost everyday (at least 5 times a week), at least 10 to 30 km per ride and hit the gym afterwards.
    5.) This is my first international forum that i've joined, but i also joined a local forum pinoymtbiker.proboards.com

Basically I ride to stay fit and lose weight because I'm fat. Thankfully my sister's husband gave me his bike (hardrock 09) and just recently upgraded most of the old parts.
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-15822715_10211966495186489_4363747248779390038_n.jpgNew Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-15823849_10211984379473585_1014921647_o.jpg
    Last edited by xshinichix; 01-01-2017 at 08:32 AM. Reason: photo

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    hello all,

1.) socal
    2.) Trail,AM
    3.) 1 bike FS looking to upgrade
    4.) 16 Years
    5.)only forum.

mtbr member
    New here!
    1.) I'm a Florida native, mostly ride in SWFL
    2.) All around rider, moderate XC riding and biking around town. Bikepack a little down in Big Cypress and Fakahatchee as well.
    3.) Currently have 4 bikes to cover any riding opportunities. Trek X-Caliber 7, Salsa El Mariachi SS, Cannondale hybrid/tourer, Cannondale CAAD4 Saeco road bike
    4.) I grew up on two wheels. Got into BMX when I was younger, then park/dirt jumping. ~20 years or so.
    5.) I browse a few planted tank/aquarium and Subaru forums, but don't post much.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    hey,
    1) I'm down in Waco, Texas.
    2) Weekend warrior now (4 kids <8) riding mostly XC/all mountain.
    3) Currently I have 1 bike - Rocky Mountain Element Team.
    4) Started riding in 2000 when I was introduced to mountain biking on XC trails using a huffy without good brakes. Yes I'm still friends with the guy.
    5) I browse bike/car forums when troubleshooting bike/car issues, fixing my wife and kids bikes, or looking for parts/new bikes.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    Sydney Australia. North west area. Kellyville.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC. 26er

3.) How many bikes you own?
    Trek Remedy 9 26er
    Giant Xtc 27.5er hard tail

4.) How long have you been riding?
    6 years

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    Here

Add anything else you care to share.

Im Mike, 40 and like to ride every weekend or two. Had a partner for 6 years that is retiring due to chronic illness. I am seeking a new partner to help stay motivated to go out. Just fun social weight loss rides. Ill be posting about this in a new thread. Regardless of when i posted this or the other thread; hit me up as i could still be looking. Cheers.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Hi, I'm Erik from Arlington, Texas. I am pretty new to MTBng and have only had a couple department store brand mountain bikes here and there. Grew up on 20" bmx as a kid and figured I would get into it a little bit and try a "real" MTB. I found a dirt cheap Schwinn Moab 3 a couple years ago but never rode it due to it being too small for me. I thought I was buying a 17" but its a 15... Now the wife rides it. Yesterday I Picked up (what I believe to be) a 2010, Haro Flightline Two in pretty great condition for $75. It feels much better!

Only two bikes for now but I ride MC's and have 3 of those if that counts as bike count.

I am interested in off road riding. I have only ridden as a kid, in any kind of frequency but I am looking to change that. Off roading a real bike (drz400) can get expensive and time consuming, so im hoping to scratch my trail riding itch with this new haro.

Other forums I frequent are mainly motorcycle specific; Thumper Talk, Two Wheeled Texans and a few others. No MTB forums.

Anyhow, hope to get to know the sport a little more and start beating this thing up. This place sure looks like it is home to some serious riders. Great pics on this thread alone!

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Sorry for the second post...
    I thought I was replying to pmason from Waco, Texas.

pmason from Waco, holler at me if you ever get out. I am looking for excuses.
    Anyone from the dfw area, for that matter. If you don't mind nursing a noob.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hi everyone! My name's Mike. I made a new years resolution to start riding trails again, so here I am. I have been riding most of my life, and though mainly mountain biking I have been doing a lot of road biking recently and left my mountain bikes to collect dust. I am currently in the middle of rebuilding my OLD 2001 Giant XTC AC1 and hope to get out on the trials soon. I also own a single speed Cannondale F500, a Trek 1000 road bike I use for triathlons and a fixie I use occasionally for commuting. It's been several years since I've been in the know about all things mtn so I'm lookign forward to scouring the forums and learning all I can.

1.) Where you are from? Northern Virginia
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All mountain/trail, downhiller
    3.) How many bikes you own? 5, 2 mtn, 3 road
    4.) How long have you been riding? since I could balance on 2 wheels
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just this one for now.

mtbr member
    I am from Padova, Italy
    I'm a recreational mtb rider, 29er, xc, trail, gravel
    I own 1 mtb, 3 road (that I don't use any longer)
    I've been riding bikes for 50 yrs, 8 yrs with mtb
    I like mtb and watches forums

I truly enjoy my Niner EMD, feels like it's part of me, especially since I started using wider rims.
    My avatar shows my typical ride in my area, this below is a recent ride up Monte Avaro:

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Old account, will be deleting
    Last edited by foxmx217; 01-10-2017 at 07:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    My name is David, I am from the Denver area. Mostly front range riding after work with some weekend trips into the mountains. Current setup is a 2016 SB5, and a very beat mid-80s trek for around town. I've been riding bikes most of my life, got into DH then XC/all mountain about 12 years ago. I mostly read technical forums for bikes and trucks, as well as some Yeti Tribe stuff. I've followed these forums for a long time, glad to finally join the community!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hi all, my story:

1) Plymouth, UK
    2) Mostly weekend warrior these days to be honest
    3) I have 3 (2 Giant hardtail, 1 Dawes hybrid bike)
    4) General, 26er, and anything else that catches my eye at the time.

Been riding most of my life, but only recently getting into mtb. (used to live in Holland, so mostly road biking) Currently working on my 1999 Giant Track Expert(s), totally stripped down & upgraded hardware fitted. Lets just call it a work in progress.

Looking forward to some interesting reads & rides!

mtbr member
    Hello everyone, my name is Ray. I'm new to the mtbr forum community as well as mountain biking. My older brother turned me on to the sport last year and I have logged approximately 40 miles of mostly beginner level trails since then.

1.) Where you are from? Central Kentucky (near Fort Knox)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner XC, Trail
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2, Late 90's Trek Alpha 4100 and a 04/05 Yeti 575
    4.) How long have you been riding? I started riding around 4 and I'm 51 now but completely new to mountain biking so only about 8 hours lol.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just this one for now.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Sorry I'm late, RTFM error. This is my 100th post, so I should take the opportunity put this in the proper thread and say hello, nice to meet you, and thank-you for having me. The list then:

1) Hampshire coast, UK.
    2) XC interspersed with a bit of tooling around. I've been mountain biking for 30 years or so, and though I like to think I ain't too shabby there are kids a quarter my age with skill levels I can only dream of.
    3) Two bikes - an late 80s/early 90s rigid Specialized Rockhopper that I use for general transport, and a 2003-ish Marin Attack Trail (Quad TARA) full squish that I use for fun. There's not one original component left on the Marin - not even the frame - and the only parts that have been replaced while still good are the handlebars, seatpost, stem and shifters. Erosion and entropy got everything else.
    4) Been riding for almost as long as I've been walking.
    5) mtbr, naturally. Occasionally Cook'd and Bomb'd (comedy forum from the UK) and The Straight Dope (Q&A forum from Chicago).

Some pics over the ages:

Bike maintenance, mid-1970s. Check out the wonderful rod brakes on that little BSA singlespeed. Me and some friends would sometimes do little jumps with a ramp we made from a bit of plywood we found lying around. We weren't freeride pioneers, we were just trying to be Evel Knievel.

I Was A Teenage Roadie, mid 1980s. Just setting off on a ten mile time trial here on a Holdsworth Elan. The shoes have cleats on the soles that slot into the pedals, and the straps are done up tight. When I washed out on a corner both me and the bike would slide along as a single entity.

Backpfeifengesicht, November 2015. Looking a tad dishevelled here as half an hour previously I lost the back end on a skinny and tumbled down a sea defence wall. Thought I'd smashed a kneecap and broken my wrist at first, but I got away with flesh wounds and a fortnight of limping. In the pic I'm standing by a WW2 bunker on The Solent, seasonally decorated with fireworks litter.

Quote Originally Posted by May73
    Hi all, my story:

1) Plymouth, UK
    2) Mostly weekend warrior these days to be honest
    3) I have 3 (2 Giant hardtail, 1 Dawes hybrid bike)
    4) General, 26er, and anything else that catches my eye at the time.
    Hey fellow Limey! Plymouth used to be my old stomping ground, and it's a great base for some wonderful MTB trails. If you don't know them already (and apologies if you do), then do check out the Plym Valley that runs from Chelston Meadow to Dartmoor, and the coast along Mount Edgecumbe in Cornwall (you can catch a passenger/bike ferry from Stonehouse). Both are only a couple of miles from Plymouth city centre.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    1.) Chris from the Seattle area
    2.) trail rider
    3.) currently own 2 bikes (hardtail and road bike)
    4.) been riding actively about 17 years or so but haven't been riding for past 10 yrs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    1. Bill in Nor Cal
    2. Mostly ride trails and fire roads. I like to also ride bike paths along the coast with my wife.
    3. I own 1 new bike....Giant Talon
    4. Been riding bikes all my life...having more time to ride now that that the kids are older!
    5. I'll be frequenting this forum now that I've found it. Also Subaru Crosstrek forum.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Been lurking and learning a lot so I figured I should join.
    David in the sunshine state, have a bunch of bikes and ride everything. Just discovered cx and am now addicted. Watching the Tour Down Under as I write. Looking forward to participating.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I live in Monterey Calif. I used to have 10-20 bikes at a time in my garage. Many vintage bikes. I am down to just a few and am getting back into riding after a time away due to a neck fracture. I have an old KHS SS and a 69er, an old GT mtb full rigid, a few other road bikes. Most of my vintage stuff has been sold off. Looking for a new SS right now. Going to post in the wanted section. I have not missed riding, because of my injury, but now I am ready to get back into it for FUN! I used to be on here many years back.

mtbr member
    Hey, all!

Long time lurker and "Oh so that's how I fix XYZ on my bike..." finally joining the crowd!

1.) Currently tooling around Austin, but may wander back to Colorado in the next year.
    2.) I mostly enjoy technical trails with tricky climbs and rocky descents. Less about speed and more about technique. That's a preppy way of saying I don't corner well enough to keep up with the group.
    3.) I currently own three bikes, two of which I built myself:
    A. 2016 Ragley Bigwig (Built)
    B. 2016 Salsa Vaya (Built)
    C. Redline Device d26 (Bought used to practice hops and other things)

4.) Grew up in NH riding a 98 GT Ricochet. Soon after I moved to Colorado I became a lazy teenager and hardly ever rode (I know, right?! I want to kick my own butt!). After Moving to Austin three years ago I picked back up the hobby after a back injury made running a no go. Been an addict ever since.
    5.) Mostly Anandtech. I'm an IT guy by day.

See you on the trails!
    Last edited by Globetrottngeek; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hi, all...

1.) I live in the Pacific NW
    2.) I'm most likely a weekend warrior, but I also ride to work a couple of days a week when it's nice out.
    3.) I own 7 bikes right now
    4.) I've been riding since I was a kid, but recently got more serious in my early 40's.

I've been riding on and off since I was a kid. I'm in my mid 40's now. Most recently (6-7 years)I've been really enjoying riding and try to ride to work 2-3 days a week and often on the weekends. I started riding again as an adult because I had just happened to see an SE Bikes Big Ripper for sale back in '10. I bought one, rode the heck out of it, broke the frame and under warranty, got a new frame out of it. They changed the design on the frame in '11 due to breakages at the bottom bracket, so I bought an NOS '11 in 2014 and have ridden it only a few times. In the interim, I've bought and ride a number of bikes. I own a Raleigh M4000, my 2011 Big Ripper, a 1996 Proflex with carbon Girvin Vector forks, Spinergy wheels, Kooka cranks and a number of other goodies, a 1982 CyclePro 26" BMX, a Cannondale Bad Boy 9, an Urbis Nox Redline that I'm converting to more of a BMX than an urban bike. I just finished building wheels for it with a Sturmey Archer rear 2sp in red with a matching front hub The only photos I have are before the build. That bike is all red and black. I'm dropping some pics below of some of them. I've used this forum more than once in my builds, so It thought I'd join.
    Thank you...

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-578473_10151382652417426_1792041814_n.jpg
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-734115_10151382651762426_1195156074_n.jpg
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-1558478_10152444544142426_5835296238767445516_n.jpg
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-1929572_10153542130657426_5533485431246862834_n.jpg
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-14322585_10153992281537426_8075984959170560021_n.jpg
    New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-14440919_10154025821247426_1965866273139085540_n.jpg

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    My name is Jordann I live in Aravada, CO and enjoy all mountain riding. I'm going to do my first enduro race this year so all training tips are welcome! I have been riding for almost 10 years and this is my first forum!

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Hi everyone my name is Brett and I'm from Chicago. I'm getting back in the saddle after about a 10 year absence, working on the road sucks for ride time. Never a small guy I guess I would be considered a super Clydesdale, typical fat ex college lineman about 6'5" and 360 down from 375. Did some horse trading and came up with a Surly ice cream truck frame, need wheels built yet, any suggestions would be appreciated. Hope to be rolling this month. Hope everyone has a good year.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hey all, my name is Brendon.

1.) Lower Hudson Valley, however going to school in the Greater Boston area (Northeastern U specifically).
    2.) Formerly XC, trying to get into Enduro. I've mostly ridden on weekends in the past, as school has kept me occupied. Now on co-op, looking to get into riding during the week as well. I'd consider myself an experienced intermediate rider. Comfortable with some jumping and technical riding, but certainly have a ways to go.
    3.) I just bought a YT Capra AL, which is officially my first bike. Rode an '03 Cannondale Prophet prior to the Capra.
    4.) I've been mountain biking for just about 8 years.
    5.) Not much of a forum frequenter, really just getting into this one to get some knowledge of where I can ride around Boston and keep on learning.

I actually haven't gotten to ride my new Capra yet...built it up during the holidays and have yet to get it up to Boston from home. Dying to go riding soon though!

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    My name is James

1. I live in Longview, Texas

2. I own a Raleigh Venture 3.0 (2008)

3. Beginner, only been riding for a few months

4. Happily married to a beautiful woman that likes to ride also!

5. Getting ready to get my first mountain bike in the next few weeks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    1. Joe from Evanston Illinois (north Chicago burbs)
    2. I ride mostly XC single track, closest large trail system to me is Kettle Moraine south
    3. Have 3 rides currently: BMC full sus, Salsa Timberjack plus, Lemond Road bike
    4. Been riding my whole life, mtbs since the early 90s
    5. Salsa forum, wrenching, VRC
    2008 BMC Fourstroke 19-559 ISO
    2017 Salsa Timberjack 40-584 ISO

People who ride plastic bikes shouldn't throw stones.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    How goes it everybody? Just joined the forums after looking off and on for a while. Here goes my intro:
    1.) Where you are from? Originally from Orlando Florida, then moved around a bit. Joined the Marines in 05' and lived in "action-jackson" Jacksonville NC. Did my time and got out but stayed local until 2013 and moved back to Florida but on the panhandle side.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Definitely a beginner/weekend warrior. Rode a lot as a kid and am now remembering how much I love riding.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Again, since I was a kid but didn't get back in the saddle until recently. Really like simple trail riding or bikepacking (when I get the time to do it)
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Browse them all but I especially like reading about the mountainous adventures people share.

That about sums it up. Added things to share: I'm a dad, husband, carpenter and I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    Another newb here!

1. Dave from POWAY, CA
    2. Beginner, all mtn/trail rider
    3. Stable: 2007 GT Idrive 5 4.0 (Selling now), 2017 SC Hightower C S+(just bought)
    4. Been riding most my life off and on
    5. Frequent here the most.

Old

New

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Lee B from Shenandoah Virginia
    I'm mostly all mountain/trail rider, still have my road bike but it hasn't seen much action except for the trainer.

Decided I was going to start riding more this year, so I hit the trails on new years day and broke the derailleur hanger. Got that fixed and broke down again 2 rides later. Since my bike is 14 years old with a lot of trail miles I decided to search for a new ride. So that's how I found this forum Hope ya'll give good advice.......

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hello all,

My name is Rod and I am a brand new member to this site. I've been away from mountain biking for over a decade. and I figured getting back into it would be a great way to get back in shape. Anyways, here are the answer to the noob questions.....

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    - Colorado Springs, CO
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    - Weekend warrior
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    - ~10 years but I've been away from it for over a decade.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    - Not many at all.....

Bomber
    Feb 2017
    Skate Surf Snow Fly Mountain Bikers
    Basecamp in Sunnyvale CA
    Riding CC to DH all ages and experience levels
    Favorite local trails: John Nicholas trail, Stevens Canyon or anything off Skyline.
    Running with a fleet of Giant Trance and Specialized Stump Jumpers
    We are wanting to connect with our local riders for shuttling with our van and trailer and to do trail upgrades.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hey all!

Just ordered a Diamondback Sync'r on ebay for $975, seemed like a good deal. I did a bunch of research and this seems to be fine for newb older(57) year old guy. Now to find some green trails..

1.) Where you are from? Woodland, WA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? Rode some archery elk hunting but its been awhile

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hey everyone☺

Started riding again 6 months ago after a bit of a layoff. Unusually I took up Masters/open water swimming in that time due to a knee injury but now back on the bike. Recently bought a cyclo cross bike which is proving to be a lot of fun. My background is all endurance sports so I prefer the cross country/marathon terrain type of riding. Looking forward to contributing to the forum.

1.) Where you are from? Durham UK
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Experienced rebirth
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4
    4.) How long have you been riding? I've been riding bikes for 30 years.

Cheers

Andy

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    New to forum, veteran MTB'r. I'm from the southern Ontario area and started riding in '85. I've owned Biopace chain rings, Hite Rites, Shimano Deer Head derailleurs, BLT lights, and Ritchey Force Kevlar tires. I'm looking for a new 27.5 HT+ bike to add to my stable of around 7 bikes. My knees hurt, my heart is a little wonky, eyesights getting bad, I've got some scars, and I get poison ivy rash almost every year (even one time on my ....). Yep, I've had some fun.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    I'm Pete from Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
    I'm getting back on a bike after a long (20 year) break so basically a novice (Last good bike was a custom Ricardo MTB in about '92)
    I own 3 bikes, 2 MTB 1 BMX
    Riding about 2 months
    This is about the only forum I know of

I have spent my life going downhill on skis/snowboard so I love any kind of flowy trails that wind down. I'm a lot older now and currently carrying a really quality hip/back injury from my first proper off.

I bought a 2017 Trek Marlin 7 as a bit if a test and loved it my bike skills were poor, so I bought a secondhand BMX and started to work on getting some basic bike handling skills. After noodling around on ebay I found a great deal on a 2012 Trek Fuel EX9 so it was a cheap way to experience DS

Really want to get back to riding as I can do it year round and my kids (when they're old enough) can get into it to.

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-2017-02-16-14-58-48.jpgNew Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-2017-02-16-15-00-37.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hello,

Older dude from East Coast CT.
    Used to MTB alot in the late 80's and early 90's
    Mostly a roadie / hill climber now. Still do some easier trail riding.
    Need tech advice on updating my 3 OLD bikes.

Thanks.

Pics are optional or required ?

Bike # 3 needs a crank, that's why I'm here.
    Last edited by Lobo620; 6 Days Ago at 09:16 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobo620 View Post
    Hello,

Older dude from East Coast CT.
    Used to MTB alot in the late 80's and early 90's
    Mostly a roadie / hill climber now. Still do some easier trail riding.
    Need tech advice on updating my 3 OLD bikes.

Thanks.

Pics are optional or required ?
    Optional but preferred so yes required 👍
    2016 SC Heckler R build
    2012 CX Kona Jake

Giggity!

mtbr member
    Feb 2017

New to Forum

Brand new to the forum as of 30 minutes ago, and this is the only forum I have joined.
    Andy here from Reno, NV.
    Rode a lot in late 80's/90's (novice MTB in SoCal)
    Just getting back into it since then, so 25 year hiatus....
    Mile after mile of varied BLM land behind my house, so I had to take advantage of that fact.
    I still have a 1987 Specialized Stump Jumper that I bought brand new and still love to ride (it is bone stock)
    I just obtained an Intense full suspension bike, I believe a 2008 model
    I need to learn how to perform basic maintenance, so if anyone can recommend where to find that info I would greatly appreciate it.
    Looking forward to getting back into riding.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_0636.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_0635.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2017

New to Forum

1.) Where you are from? From Louisiana, but live in Central Arizona
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I am a beginner, all mtn/trail rider.
    3.) How many bikes you own? I own 2 bikes a FS MTB and a Road Bike
    4.) How long have you been riding? Rookie on the MTB (Jan 2017), 2 1/2 years on the road bike
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I don't post much, but i visit Here, Utah Mountain biking, Singletrack, and wherever else my google search takes me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hi there!

1.) Moldova, Chisinau here
    2.) Weekend warrior
    3.) 2
    4.) 3 years
    5.) this one now
    Last edited by XSpor1; 5 Days Ago at 09:57 AM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    Hi everybody

1.) Verona - Italy
    2.) Nothing special, I enjoy cycling. I use to go to work and I hope to a travel in the near future
    3.) Now at last I have 2 bikes (thanks to you too)
    4.) Since I was a child
    5.) Here - Surly Ogre: it helped me build my bike

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    JP from Lower Bama, gulf coast rider here. I've been mountain biking since the early 90's. I own 3 bikes at the time, and ride 2 of them...all mountain though. I just got back to riding again the last couple of years, and love to ride pavement or in the trails, doesn't matter to me, I just like to ride. I really don't frequent any forums daily any more, heck I'm probably one of the few out there that can stay off of fb for a couple of months at the time. These days if I'm not biking, you can find me on the water fishing....inshore/offshore, love to fish!

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    1.) Where you are from? Austin, TX
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend Warrior I guess, although I've vowed to rid a lot more this year.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Of my own just one 2002 Trek 4900 but am about to jump up to a FSR 29er very soon.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 35 years if you count the Huffy from 1980 which I took onto the trails behind my house as a kid.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? I've been hanging out in the Specialized forum since I'm researching new bikes. I also frequent the Tahoe Yukon forum as TahoeTX.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hello Folks. Name is Bob and I'm 66 and live in Kasilof, AK. About 160 miles south of Anchorage on the Kenai Peninsula. Lots of riding out the end of my driveway with a system of winter sled dog trails and miles of Cook Inlet beach close by. I bought a 16 Trek Farley 5 last fall from LBS and have been riding studded tire frozen beach and hard packed snow covered trails. Deep snow and I hit the same trails with skis. I ride a 2000 lightspeed cross/touring bike with flat bars for summer blacktop and gravel. Will likely put smaller tires on the fatty for summer and see how it works for single track. I've spent lots of time reading here, mostly Fat bikes, Wheel and tires, and 27.5 plus forums. It's pretty darn entertaining reading for cold winter nights, gotta check what the old folks are up to and see what beer people are drinking too. Thanks to the MTBR crew for making this site happen!

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hi guys, I'm Simone from Verona, Italy.
    I'm an enduro/all mtn rider, I'm 45 y.o. and began mountain biking in 1989.
    I also like road cycling and gravel: i have a Bianchi, a Schwinn fastback rx and a Turner RFX Carbon.
    I'm also a member of mtb-forum.it and it's a long time I read the Turner end Santa sections.
    Last edited by rikkas; 1 Day Ago at 12:51 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Hello, finally getting back into riding after a few years and am going through the agonizing process of deciding on my first new bike (currently own a hand-me-down from a friend that is quite old, a Raleigh M60).

1.) Where you are from? South Carolina, Columbia/Irmo area
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Just getting out and riding my local trails at Harbison State Forest 90% of the time, but I hope to branch out into some mountain riding up in the Pisgah/Asheville area since I travel there frequently. I would say I'm a moderately aggressive rider, looking for some sweet jumps when the opportunity presents itself.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Just 1 old Raleigh M60, looking for a new set of wheels right now. Probably one of the new 27.5+ all mountain/trail bikes.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Starting riding bikes when I was a wee babe, went through a period of regular MB riding a few years back when I had a riding buddy, now I'm trying to get back into it.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) Other than various sub-Reddits, not many others. I used to be a car enthusiast until I had a kid...priorities changed!

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    From Buckeye AZ

Ride gravel mostly

Just 1 bike

Riding since before dogs could talk

mtbr member
    Hi

I am from North of Portugal.
    Now I am an enduro rider, for allmost 4 years when I bought my SC Bronson. At least one ride per week to keep in shape.
    I own a SC Bronson V1 and a classic old road bike.
    I ride bikes since I remmember, probably since 5 y. o.