Page 15 of 89 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 8814
    mtbr member

Hello Everyone

My name is Mark.

1) Where you are from: St. Charles, MO
    2) What kind of rider do you consider yourself: experienced recreational
    3) How many bikes do you own: 4, a 1981 Ritchey that isn't ridden much, a 1991 Ritchey that is my favorite and is ridden all of the time, and two Trek road bikes.
    4) How long have you been riding: I bought my first ten-speed in 1971, I bought my first mtb in 1981.
    5) What forums do you frequent most: bicycle, motorcycle, and photography.
    Vaya con bicicleta

mtbr member

Hi 1979Chevy

Hi, I grew up in San Marcos. I used to be harrased by red-necks all of the time when I'd ride my ten-speed. I hope things are better now. It was a great place to grow up. :-)
    Last edited by Ice2fire; 11-30-2011 at 05:36 AM. Reason: add a title
    Vaya con bicicleta

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Maine near the Kennebec Highlands.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner. Ride single track, xc, and roads.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Two! One crappy nearly destroyed dept store bike and a new Cannondale trail SL4 29er
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since May 2011. Started biking to help my recovery from a running knee injury.

Kudos to all the people who post in these forums. I learned a ton which helped me choose a great bike for a beginner like me. And I drove the 2 hours to get it from a quality bike shop in Portland (Cyclemania) rather than mail order. The result? I got a bike that fits me perfectly and a great price. So thanks for all the advice I spent hours and hours lurking to get.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    from berkshire England

have been on retrobike for a while

have just discovered fat bikes so finding out as much as i can before buying one, i ride cross country and road and have dabbled with building a weenie single speeder.

cheers

stubbster

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hey guys, Ryan here.

I'm from San Diego and am pretty new to MTB'ing. I used to ride all the time while I was stationed on Guam, I rode a little HT branded by JEEP. I have no idea who actually made it.

I just picked up a Fuji Outland and can't wait to hit the local trails.

Ride a bike
    Greetings. My name is Raul and I'm a long time lurker of MTBR. I decided to register to participate in some of the discussions and mostly to ask questions.

1.) Where you are from? Southern California- 909
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC and racer; CX racer; road riding for training
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3- all Konas and soon a Cannondale Flash 29er 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Riding since a kid and racing for 3 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? CX, 29er, XC racing and training

Last edited by PedalDriven; 11-30-2011 at 10:56 PM.

don't be a poacher!
    Hey Everyone,
    I go by the nickname Rhino
    1.) Where are you from? Southern California originally, I live north of Atlanta now.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Mountain Bike & MUni, Road Bike & Road Unicycling
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 (MTB & a hybrid), plus 4 unicycles
    4.) How long have you been riding? Bikes since I was 5 and unicycles since 12.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? A mix of a lot of them. Just getting into mountain biking more lately, got a new 29er to ride at Chicopee along with the 36er & 26er uni's that I have been riding there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

newbie here

Hello,

I am from Chicago area and started riding three years ago. The first bike was hybrid from Novara which was so much better than the one purchased long time ago from Walmart I believe. Then the journey began with three more new bikes for my family and another one for myself. We like to ride the easy trails as family and many times with other families together. This site has helped me a lot with choosing what to buy and solving problems I had with the bikes for all this times.

I love riding and I still ride in this weather here in 30's and 40's.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hi, I am a new member from Southern California, San Diego and joined because I have been lurking here on and off over the last 3 years. There is alot of good information here and I hope to be able to contribute one day.

1.) Where you are from?

San Diego

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?

Intermediate rider, mostly singletrack

3.) How many bikes you own?

1 bike

4.) How long have you been riding?

3 years

5.) What forums do you frequent most?

Motorcycle forums

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi, I am a brand new member from El Paso, Texas I havent lurked around these forums too much. I am fairly new to El Paso and thought this forum could be a great place to meet people from the area, now tot he questions;

I am from El Paso, Texas

I am a very new rider.

I own one mountain bike and one road bike

Few months, although I think we all have rode bikes all our lives lol

I dont usually frequent froums

mtbr member
    Hello, All...
    Shawn Carroll from Smithville Tx.
    Predominantly ride at Rocky Hill Ranch, (great having 30 miles of mild to wild trails 5 miles from the house!)
    Been riding for 6 years, (late start as I am turning 43 in March!)
    Enjoy working on bikes as much as riding!
    Right now I have 3 Knolly Endorphins, and a Specialized Rockhopper Expert.
    Yes, I have a problem, lol.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I'm Kevin from Southern NJ. I'm thinking about getting into mountain biking after my knees are starting to break down after a couple decades of playing soccer. I haven't bought a bike yet because I'm trying to find something decent for a low price on CL to figure out whether mountain biking is something I'll like and be willing to commit to.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hi everybody!
    I'm dr nick.
    I'm from Springfield.

I mainly ride for fun, and been doin that since little but been out of it for a bit coz of the usual reasons.

Had a few bikes over the years, gt tequesta or something orather, haro sheredder bmx, redline proline cruiser, and just sold my giant stp1. Possibly To be replaced by a dartmoor shine.
    I usually on car forums but lately am looking for a new bike. So been checkin out bike forums for some info,
    So i geuess that's about it for now,

Bye everybody!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

intro to me

1.) Where you are from? Bloomfield Mi.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend warrior + (while still happily married)
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 butt 1 bike..... riding my GF 29er hard-tail.
    4.) How long have you been riding? since my 75' Huffy thunder road.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? MTBR + all MTB site available

Love riding fast till outta time, gas, trial or fall.... ; )

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    1.) southern cal
    2.) beginner at mtb, but used to race bmx on a Robinson at a track in azusa a long time ago
    3.) Own 2 bikes (3 if you count my Robinson stored at my parents), 96? GT Vantara, just got myself a 2011 GT Karakoram 29 2.0
    4.) Started racing bmx back in 88, then just rode for fun, and am now wanting to see if i can make some jumps on my 29er
    5.) I have been reading these forums lately, they come up a lot on google searches.

So... Hello.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hello all. Just trying to get connected with folks on biking, looks like a good resource so far! I'm good at Q&A, so from the top!

1.) Where you are from? Life in Western MA now, mostly in MA/NY, but a little Seattle time as well!
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Decent shape, love single-track up and down, mix of rocks, mud, etc. Did one downhill run at Mt Snow and had fun, but like the exercise of actual uphill!
    3.) How many bikes you own? Two bikes, one mtn bike based cruiser for the family, one Specialized FSR XC Pro for real trails.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Other than being a dirt bike kid, I started on a mountain bike on trails in '98.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just learning, but very interested in connecting with folks on new local trails and places near my work vs home.

I will keep trolling around and look forward to chiming in on other threads.

-Keith

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Newbie from NAZ

1.) Where you are from? Originally from the midwest, I now live in Northern AZ.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC weekend racer when time allows. Mostly ride single track where ever and when ever I can. Sold my road bike because I never rode it.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Just one. I like the familiarity of the same bike.
    4.) How long have you been riding? Serious since 2004.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Besides MTBR, I'm addicted to ExpeditionPortal.com.

Hello! I hope you rode your bike today.

- Brandon

PS, anyone guess where the photo was taken?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_1435.jpg  

Barchango
    Nov 2011

Weekend warrior

1.) Where you are from? Zacapu, MX
    2.) I consider myself a weekend warrior
    3.) I own a GF Wahoo and a Haro Fligtline S
    4.) Serious 5 months ago
    5.) Mostly visit all mtb sites to learn more about

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Big "G" (thats what my friends call me)

Ok, I will make this quick and short (hopefully).

1. I live in Austin, Texas ( and claim it as my home, now and forever). Have for the last 7 years. Originally from the Rio Grande Valley in south Texas.
    2. I consider myself a beginner, with adjectives such as mostly MTB, all-mountain, with a little love of DH (but havent tried it yet, nowhere around here that i know of).
    3. 3 bikes- one road bike, 2 mtb bikes. One is a hardtail the other is Full supension, both 29ers.
    4. Of course like everyone else i rode as a kid. But then i "grew" up and started all over again about 2 years ago.
    5. Which forums? None yet, but I will see what attracts my attention the most.

As for everything else, well I will post a photo later and of course if anyone wants to ask questions feel free. I have tons of questions to ask and hope to learn from everyone else's advice and maybe someday make a contribution. (even if its a funny story about me crashing).

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    1.) From the flatlands of FL, currently traveling around.
    2.) Beginner mtb, experienced urban commuter. Surprisingly the skills are very much the same.
    3.) Currently own 1 bike, have had at least one bike in my possession since I was 5 years old.
    4.) Riding for 20 years for pleasure, for transportation for the past 4 years.
    5.) Reddit is the only other social site I'm on.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Los Angeles County
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? all mtn/trail rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? Cannondale HT and FS Trek
    4.) How long have you been riding? Off and on
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Tennis warehouse

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi, my name is Steve and Iím from Regina, Sask. (thatís in Canada) Iíve ridden XC or AM as its called now for about 16 yrs and Iíve been riding DH/FR for about 3 yrs. Currently I own five complete bikes and one frame. I have a 96 Klein Mantra race (retired), 2008 Devinci Hectik, 2010 Surly Puglsey, 2010 On-One Ti 456, 2010 Giant Faith 0 and a 2011 Knolly Podium (frame). In addition to MTBR forums, I spend a lot of time on Pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    From Peeya. Post 1

HAF
    Dec 2011
    first post.

hi all...

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Good job! Newbie

Mike from Tallahassee, FL, ride/race mountain , ride some road training. Currently have QR tri bike, son has Specialized epic 26inch, I ride new feld Edict.
    Got a HED 3 trispoke carbon front wheel for sale , getting ready to post soon.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Hi, I'm Jerry in Anchorage, Alaska
    I'm getting back into riding for exercise and access
    Got 2 bikes - road and hard tail MTB. Looking to buy FS MTB
    Been riding off and on since forever.
    I'm moving to Mumbai India in January and am looking to ride as a way to see the country side and for outdoor exercise.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Hello all!

1.) Where you are from? Philippines
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? from XC (did Vietnam to Thailand 1200kms), racer (24 hour endurance race), to AM
    3.) How many bikes you own? 4 bikes (a FELT road bike, Transition Preston FR, Transition TR250 and a Transition Bank)
    4.) How long have you been riding? 12 years now
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This one, Pinkbike and our local site 43 BIKES

Thanks.

- Glen

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    mike from lehigh valley area in pa

xc to am weekend warrior

her salsa moto rapido , my fisher fat possum & ventana el chamuco

38yrs riding but a 10 year hiatus broken this year

here and pb

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Hello All.

I am newly registered but I'm sure like many I have been digging through the forums for some time now.
    What a vast amount of information you can gather if you have time.
    I reside in E. TN. I am blessed with a great deal of excellent mountain biking such as Haw Ridge only 10 minutes from the house. Not to mention the rest of the Knoxville area and surrounding such as Chattanooga, and the Carolinas.
    Been a mountain bike rider for 18 plus years after I gave up road biking.
    I am a AM/Trail rider.

I have been a huge Gary Fisher fan for the past 14 years and the bikes have treated me great.
    The last Gary I purchased was a brand new Roscoe III when it first hit the dealers.
    (pictures were originally here)
    Love the bike. Treated me well. Climbs well. Descends fine. Taken much abuse.

Now, I have been spending many hours as of late searching for an answer to unanswerable questions about which bike to move up to from my Roscoe.

It was down to the 2012 Trek Remedy 9.9 or the Trek Fuel EX 9.9.

Many a sleepless night not being able to decide.

Much thanks to the many posters that have unknowingly posted info to dwell on and assist with my decisions.

So I ended up going with...
    (pictures and answer originally here)
    I am very very happy with my decision. Climbs like a scared cat. Descends great and soaks up so much of the roots and rocks that are around here.
    I do not notice the -20mm of suspension travel that I lost going from 140mm to 120mm.
    Love it. Had it out past two days and cleaned it off some but here it is now...

Maybe one day in future I will get a Remedy but as of now there is no need.
    Thanks.

P.S> I did have a few pictures included in this posting of my bikes but alas...the forums wont allow me to post images until 10 postings. Odd but ok.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Hello

1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)

Syr
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)

All around

all my life
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    None yet

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hi everyone Im Patrick
    1.) Fredericksburg VA
    2.) Im a beginner rider
    3.) I currently have one bike, its a Walgoose XR-100. I have upgraded the front fork to a Rock Shox Tora TK, and put some Crank Brother Smarty pedals.
    4.) Im 27, i used to ride a butch of trails when i was a kid, but now i have been riding the Fredericksburg Quarry about 1-2 days a week.
    5.) Im big into Hondas (Im a Honda Master Technician) so i read Honda-tech.org alot, and i have been lurking around here reading threads and such.

One question i have is in the new year im looking it to 2 bikes, first is a Specialized Full Suspension FSR-XC Comp Satin Red Medium - Richmond
    and the second one is a Haro Shift r5
    What are your opinions on on these bikes? Thanks in Advanced.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Howdy Sethf!

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hello Shottothedome.

mtbr member
    hello, my first post .

1.) Brazil - City Araraquara - State = S„o Paulo
    2.) all mtn/trail rider
    3.) 1
    4.) Always.
    5.) diy audio - pedal br - others...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Check in

Please respond with:

1.) Where you are from?
    Auburn CA

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    Weekend Warrior

3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    MTB: Giant NRS 1
    Road: Felt FC4

19+ years
    Roadbike reiview

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Hi all newb on the forum..

lots of good tech stuff on these forums thx for sharing everyone.

am in Gainesville, VA and ride a 2011 KHS XC204.

-Sundru

creeper I mean lurker
    Dec 2011
    Just registered, I've been lurking on here for years.
    From Lee's Summit, Mo. (KC area) been riding mtb's off and on since 1984 and bmxers before that.
    Wanting to get more into mtb's, started riding/ racing dirtbikes in 2006 and thats what I have been riding.
    I have a 2011 Trek 6500 hardtail, a mid '80s PK Ripper, and a tricked out 2011 KTM 250xc
    I mainly frequent dirtbike websites

mtbr member
    My name is Adolph and I am grateful for everyone's knowledge here and have learned so much just reading posts. Thank You everyone

1) Where you are from: San Antonio TX
    2) What kind of rider do you consider yourself: noob but learn as much as I can as fast as I can
    3) How many bikes do you own: 2 Giant Talon 1 and some cheap sub 200 I use to ride
    4) How long have you been riding: I grew up on a bike but never really hit the trails until this year
    5) What forums do you frequent most: dslrshooter, video copilot, this one, androidcentral and engadget

Proudly: A Mexican Rider
    1.) Where you are from? Jalisco, Mexico.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? From XC to Trail
    3.) How many bikes you own? One
    4.) How long have you been riding? About 5 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? electriciantalk.com, This one

I'm 16 years old. I love to ride. My dad also loves the sport and he always took me to ride with him. (when I was a baby he took me in the baby chair)
    He taught me to fix my own bike and I now have a bike repair shop at my house.

That's me and my bike and the BRS ad.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

my story

im 47. had a k mart all pro in 70 s'. as a kid i did alot of jumping, wheelies and skidding as well as big hills.we use to ice race in the winter.the a road 10 speed as a teenager. like many tho, as an adult i was bike less..whitewater kayaking in my jackson allstar is my main sport. then after recovering from bicept tendon surgery for four months i bought a cheap wal mart mountain bike in may 2011. by july i had totalled the piece of junk so i bought a trek 3500. 3500 is awesome but i noticed ruffer trails need a different bike. so i got a trek remedy 7. and for my wife a new trek Lush is on the way. so now we use the 3500 s for paved trails and easy trails. and the full suspension bikes for tuffer riding. whith the remedy 7 i have done all kinds of trails including some jumps and a 45 mph downhill......so here i am technically a newbie with my wife, but we are so lucky to have good bikes and the fun is unspeakable!! our next thing is ski lift downhill action.kinda like the idea of no climbing on some trips. also spend alot of time learning from video and practising it. if i get clipless i will get wellgo wam 10d pedals with clipless one side and studded plattform on the other. tho i aint real good yet i still try to do wheelies and other childish stunts that clip ins would not work. so duel platform pedals with the right shoes trek ssr and a specialised command blacklight seat post will be my next goodies to get. i love this new sport!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My name is Jim and I'm a mountain bike aholic

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hey everyone, my name is Dom.

1.) Where you are from? SF Bay Area/Peninsula
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginer. Singletrack appeals to me the most so far.
    3.) How many bikes you own? One. 2010 Cannondale F8 HT.
    4.) How long have you been riding? My whole childchood until I got a car. THen beer belly happened. Trying to get back in shape and have tons of fun.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Mostly car forums.

Rippin da fAt
    Nov 2011
    My name is Wade from Colorado USA. I ride 4x, dh all mtn.
    I have a Banshee Rune, SpecialEd enduro expert single speed, Turner six pack.
    I have been addicted to mountain bikes well over 30 years.
    Drugs of choice: adrenaline, endorphins!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

hey there all

I am in Chattanooga,TN.
    Some good trails around here. Edwards Point,Signal Mountain is one of my favorites. It has some awesome overlooks to the Tennessee River. Fall Creek Falls State Park is also great, however to get some good rides in there you are really riding the hiking trails but I have never ridden up on any hikers. I ride the best ride I have ever had under my britches, a Merlin Fat Beat.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Names Frank just wanted to introduce myself as a new member here. Started bmx at 8 and it ended at 16. Never rode bikes again till now. Got myself a 2002 trek fuel 90 after I returned a Trek 3900 disc and not being happy with it. Started working the crank a couple months ago and man does it feel great. I scuba often but the cold waters are coming and this is whats going to keep my legs working. Hope to make some new biking friends along the way. See you in the trails.

1.) Miami, FL

2.)Intermediate rider

3.) 1 bike

4.) 18 years "26 year old"

5.) Local automotive forum

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

New to MTBR and to forums

Greetings to all, i am new the forums exp and looking forward to the chat. I live in Florida just 40 mins away fron Santos and a couple from Carter rd/Alafia.

I own 3 bikes with my baby being a 2010 Fuel EX 6. I have been on/off for 4 years but back into it for hardcore for the past 2. I consider my self an intermediate to expert rider. I ride all the double diamonds and red trails that Santos has to offer.

29 yrs old and ready to post some topics

mtbr member
    hello im frankie from houston, it took me 5 post to find this thread.

i ride my bikes for alot of reasons. i have 2 bikes but have been through many. now i have a hammer 29 ss and colnago master. ive been riding my whole life but recently have gotten more serious. i tend to frequent car and bike forums as well as skate blogs and funny things.24 yeas ol

mtbr member
    hello

mtbr member
    Hey everbody! I live in Freeport Long Island and I've just added a second bike to my Fiorelli roadster. After being away from biking for so long, getting up to speed in order to choose one bike over another was not easy, but it was fun. By the way, I picked up a 2012 Trek 8.5 DS. Are there any DS or Montare owners out there? I plan to ease back into the saddle as a weekend warrior. I 've looked at a lot of mtbr postings, google searches, how to-s and equipment reviews (Bike Radar, instructables.com, mindspring.com) to make my decisions and plan my next moves. I will be calling on different mtbr forums from time to time for knowledge. Likewise, I will be sharing my experiences. Pix will come at a later date.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Alexandria, LA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All mountain/xc, 29er rider.
    3.) How many bikes do you own? 4 MTB and 2 road bikes
    4.) How long have you been riding? Have been riding all of my life, but in the last 3 years at least 5 times a week.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Everything I can get my hands on!

If you are ever in Alexandria, LA come visit us at Red River Cyclery!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Guess I should say hi.

Hi all. Newb here. I should intro myself.
    I ride in Colo. Started ridin about 5 years ago, seriously about 2 years ago.
    Weather permitting I get out 4 to 6 times a week.
    I have 2 bikes, Giant Yukon (the tank) for here in town and
    A Specialized Stumpjumper fer the mtns.

I think I'm a decent climber but my technical skills leave a bit to be desired.
    I'm not very confident in the latter in that I've had several endos receiving cracked ribs and sep. Shoulder. Haha.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hello all, this is my first post. My name is Gil and I live in Newport Coast. I mostly ride El Morro / Crystal Cove which is right in my back yard. I ride a Specialized Enduro SL I bought back in 07. I usually ride 2-3 times a week. Its the first Mtn bike I've owned since 1989 which was a Haro Xtreme. This bike is quite an upgrade from that. I'm mostly an all mountain rider. Glad to be part of the community.

mtbr member
    hi, 1st post , but ive been looking around this forum for a wile. Just picked up a Giant Anthem x 29er 2 2012 ed, great bike. ill write a review when i can.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    we've created this thread here for newbies to introduce yourself.

Hopefully this will unite all the "hello there" or "checking in" threads currently popping up here in the general forum.

And feel free to post a photo of your bike or even better, you riding your bike on your local/favorite trail!

Thanks,

-gregg

>
    Hey to everyone, love this web fourm

1.) Where you are from? Haltom City TX
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, 29er rider
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 - 1996 Schwinn MTB Clear Creek 26" / 2011 Focus Black Forest 1.0 29"
    4.) How long have you been riding? got back into riding at 50yrs old to knock off the bone spurs in my arthritic knees and am totally addicted (c;
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? MTBR.com / DORBA.org

Add anything else you care to share.

pic of my 29" HT

OldMtnGoat
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    hi all. i live in san diego and ride dirt . ive been riding rigid single speed for 33 years.(bmx) two mtb rides last weekend at calaveras and im hooked. so hi.

mtbr member

Noob

New guy from phx az.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi! New to the forum and want to do the ritual of saying hi to everyone.

1.) Where you are from? Texas
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner - only been out a handful of times, I guess all mountain/trail?
    3.) How many bikes you own? I've been borrowing my buddy's Specialized Camber Comp...and I just ordered a my bike, Yeti 575 Race
    4.) How long have you been riding? 1 month
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? just know of this one

So far, we've only ridden Terry Hershey Park. It's a great hobby and gives me a chance to be outdoors. If anyone has any advice, I'd be appreciative of anything!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Name's Evan
    live in Saratoga Springs NY
    was riding a Kona
    looking to puchase a new bike next year, posted a thread called, NEED HELP buying a new bike next year, check it out please, need opinioins!!!

I was diagnosed with brain cancer at 19 i'm 21 now, went through radiation and just finished a year of chemo gonna find out soon if i need to continue chemo or what... but i've always been into mountain biking and been getting back into it, so i need some help with buying the right bike next year...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hello all,

1.) I'm from Connecticut
    2.) Definitely beginner, currently doing some trails 20-22 miles.
    3.) I have two bikes now: K2 Astral 2.0 and DB Topanga.
    4.) I've been riding for only about a month, complete noob.
    5.) This is the only forum I attend.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Hi guys, and gals!
    My name is Jeff, from Birmingham, Alabama. I'm a 43yr old kid! I picked up mtb riding to stay in shape in the off-season for XC ATV racing. Now I'm having more fun riding my
    10+ yr old, $150-Rockhopper than my $15,000 race built Honda TRX450R!

1. Birmingham, Alabama
    2. Beginner/weekend warrior
    3. One bike currently... I'm really not sure of the year model it is. Maybe 1998-01 Specialized Rockhopper. Maybe upgrading to either a full sus or 29er soon!

4. Been riding for about 4 months.
    5. I come to this site alot. And rarely visit my atv sites, that I usued to go to every day.

mtbr member
    Hi chaps/chapettes,

My name is Andy; I'm a 26 year old Design Engineer from the UK (originally London, now Cambridge). Always been into my bikes, but started a bit more seriously 2 years ago (when I moved), along with picking up running.
    I had a MTB (generic superstore junk), then bought a single speed road bike (SE Draft), then a geared road bike (Felt F85). Generally do a lot of endurance road riding (>100km), but been doing more and more social MTBing with work friends (we have some fun, mostly flat, trails in Thetford Forest). So I decided to spend a bit of cash on the MTB and tarted it up. The next stage is basically a full rebuild around the existing frame, to a single speed with disc brakes.
    I imagine I'll be frequenting the Singlespeed forum, along with the DIY Lights & Weight Weenies forums (engineer in me!). And when I'm not here, I'd be on my barefoot running forums (who needs shoes?!).

Look forward to seeing you around =)

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Hi to all!! This is my first thread.

I started with a 1977 Monark my dad bought which I had to share with my sisters (hated it!). It took me a few years to buy my own racer, a 1992 Goliat. But riding in Lima Peru could be an insane sport since taxis, buses and actually anything on the could be a deadly weapon if you are not careful. They are weapons actually, but it's a difference when they don't respect your riding rights on the road at all.
    Here in the US is a totally different scenario, totally! They even pick you up from the ground and treat you like a celebrity.
    This happened when a car hit me on the rear wheel destroying it and making me fall on my feet! fortunately for me! But the guy took me with my bike to a place where I got a new wheel in 20 minutes.
    Now, I got my first MTB, a 2006 Diamondback Sorrento which is a little heavier but impossible to fall down from. Love it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Newb

1. Los Angeles, Ca
    2. Daily Commuter, Singlespeeder, 29er
    3. Well I rolled a Chicago Made Schwinn Superior for a long time--had with beach cruiser handlebars SS, then built it up with scavenged Deore parts, some racks, straight handle bars, and turned it into a commuter/touring bike. Currently riding a SS Karate Monkey 33x17, with 700x32 Panaracer Crossfires, Avid BB7 Discs, and b17 saddle. I just ordered a Melvin, and I am hoping to get this Monkey Dingled up in a week or two---I'm tired of spinning out on the flats on my way to work (work takes me through the Valley and then two miles up hill on dirt trails).
    4. I have been riding as a commuter and joyrider since youth--it has always been my go to for around town travel--serious commuting and hobby bike building for 5yrs.
    5. I also frequent Yotatech forums--90 4Runner 22re.

Super stoked to find another forum to gain knowledge from and share ideas.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Grew up in Wisconsin, now i live in DC, moving to San Diego in a month
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I am a beginner for sure. I ride 99 percent on single tracks.
    3.) How many bikes you own? I own one bike, a Giant Talon 29-2
    4.) How long have you been riding? Two months
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? None yet

If anyone knows where yo ride in the Camp Pendleton CA area, let me know please.

Thanks

Dan

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Hello all, I'm new to Mtn. bikes. I do not have one yet. I am in the process of using this forum to learn what I can before I buy. I'm currently looking at getting a Specialezed RH
    29er. I know some parts will need upgraded as time goes. But it seems like most bikes in this price range do. Well enough about that. Thanks for having a great place to get info. Oh buy the way. I live in Western Washington. Were I was born and raised.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hello all,

1) I am from, and currently live in south central Kentucky. Used to live in Indiana, and North Carolina
    2) I am a recreational rider. Usually get in 2 to 3 rides per week. Spend the warmer months on my road
    bike, cooler months on the mtb.
    3) I have a new 29er, Cannondale with the Lefty fork. Also have a Bontrager Titanium that is about 13
    years old. Also have a Columbus titanium road bike, and an old Schwinn road bike I use on my trainer
    4) Started road biking in 1986, start mountain biking in 1992.
    5) Only other forum I frequent is Badger and Blade

Spent some time lurking here, and just thought I would check in.

Jeff

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

... and if we just ... hello there

I'm from Oregon or at least that's where I live now
    been biking for on and off since I was in middle school which was
    a long time ago.
    Just picked up a blast from the past bike which I could never afford
    when I was younger.
    A 1992 Klein Rascal
    Hope y'all are doin real good on here
    just sayin hi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-kleinrascal92.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

hello!!!

Hello i'm from las vegas nevada,new to this site. been riding bmx bikes on and off since late 80's. started riding mtb late last year. been improving pretty good. started liking all mountain/trail riding. i have a 29er hardtail for my xc riding which i use less now coz really getting into all mountain riding. and i have a 26er full suspension mongoose otero with upgraded components.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Just joined up after lurking for many months.

South East Massachusetts.

I used to just ride off road trails, but have started riding on the road to get exercise and plan to start commuting to work when the weather is ok.

Specialized Hard Rock that I switched over to Singlespeed, Iron Horse Warrior and just got a Redline Monocog 29er.

Since 1995.

Non right now and I'm not sure if the Monocog best fits in the 29er or the Single Speed forum??

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Iowa
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC weekend warrior but want to start doing Xrerra racing. I've done dozens of triathlons mostly 1/2 ironmans but want to switch to offroad.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 2010 Specialized Transition Pro with full red build and Zipp 808s and 2008 Trek 9.9 elite full XTR build
    4.) How long have you been riding? 25 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? first time on this site

A Dad On A Mission
    I'm my kid's dad. I've been riding for over 45 years. Some years, lots, some years, only a couple dozen miles. I came here because my son, who's 8, loves bike riding. I just bought him a used Ibex Alpine and can hardly wait until the Spring when we can hit the Chicago lakefront together.

1.) Where you are from? Chicago
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? experienced but not as active as I'd like to be
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1, a Trek for me.
    4.) How long have you been riding? 45 years
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? nothing anyone would find interesting!

release the pigons
    Nov 2011
    Hello everyone, Just pulled the trigger on a Jet 9 RDO and couldnít be happier. My last full suspension bike with a Trek 9000 so this is a big improvement. Ill get a pic up shortly. I started racing in colorado in the late 80ís but now ride for fun of it. (and beer after)

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    My name is Mike. I ride all mountain whenever I can and need to do more of it for the fitness, but I'm really into downhill. I rode moto for most of my life growing up and just recently made the switch and couldn't be happier!
    1.) I'm from Rancho Cucamonga, Southern California.
    2.) Downhiller.
    3.) 2 bikes, Cannondale carbon Moto and GT Fury.
    4.) Riding mountain bikes for about 3 years now.
    5.) All kinds of forums, here, calguns, jeepforums.

mtbr member

Post 2

Wanted to engage on my local forum, but need 5+ posts logged before I'm allowed. So. Please forgive my next 3

mtbr member

Can't wait to ride

Early morning ride starting before sunrise tomorrow.great way to spend Sunday

mtbr member

Any specialized epic expert 29'r owners on here

Just got mine a few weeks ago. Amazing ride

mtbr member

This makes 5

Now I can participate

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    37 yr old kid, living in Brandon fl.
    retired my 15 yr old Gary Fisher montare. and bought a trek/fisher x-caliber.
    rode alot when i was in my 20's, not so much the last few yrs, but hope to chage that
    now that i own a new bike.
    hang out in the 29'er forum and like to scuba dive and spearfish.

Noob
    Dec 2011

Noob in Larkspur, CO

Hi there. My name is Rian and I'm a 34 year old dad/husband.

1.) Where you are from? Larkspur, CO
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC & working on my AM skills
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1 AM bike, 1 BMX cruiser, 1 Vintage 3 speed
    4.) How long have you been riding? I just got back in the scene last year
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Front Range 4x4 & CO 4x4 (snowman on those)

I hope to get a photo of me on my bike today at UTE Valley Park in CO. Springs but until then, this is what I ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-dawg.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Another new guy...

1.) Syracuse, NY
    2.) Weekend warrior
    3.) An older Raleigh rigid M20, did some patrol work on a Trek hardtail and I just ordered a
    new Motobecane FS 29
    4.) On and off for the last 10 years
    5.) Beginners corner, 29ers

Learning a lot here.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I'm new to this whole thing and I want to say hello
    1.) Where you are from? I'm 41 years old and I'm from Anaheim, CA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? A complete beginner (new to mountainbiking only have ridden two weekend rides - commute to work on bike everyday
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? only been riding trails for 2 weeks now - raced Bmx in the
    80's - ride motorcycles (dirtbike) whenever I get the chance

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Smile newbie just saying hi

hi guys im mark from essex in the uk been riding mtb for fun really nothing serious i own 2 retro kona's a 1993 kona cinder cone and a 1995 kona sex one both original specs great bikes also like cars (my alfa romeo 155) love motorbikes moto gp is fantastic R.I.P Marco simoncelli will put some pics up of my bikes for you guys to have a look at thanks mark

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi! I'm new here and coming back from not riding properly for around the last 10 years, just getting my bike back up and running at the moment.

I'm from Devon in the UK

I'm a bit of an all rounder, I used to like trials riding but wasn't that great at it. My friends were all in to MTB so we would just go ride wherever.

One retro 1997 Kona-Muni Mula

Since I was a kid but stopped for the last 10 years.

Retrobike.co.uk mainly for bike stuff.

Like I said before I'm getting my Kona back up and running. I have some retro 96 Bomber Z2 forks coming to replace the Z1s on there and just need to replace the tyres and I'm good to go!

I'm thinking I might end up obsessed again so have already started looking at FS bikes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-lrkona1.jpg  

mtbr member

Hello there

I'm new here and from so cal. I have been biking for a very long time. Alternating between road and mountain biking. Right now I am rebuilding a Ellsworth Truth. I dropped the frame off today to get anodized. I'll start checking the classifieds for a new fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by glazzman44 View Post
    I'm from Oregon or at least that's where I live now
    been biking for on and off since I was in middle school which was
    a long time ago.
    Just picked up a blast from the past bike which I could never afford
    when I was younger.
    A 1992 Klein Rascal
    Hope y'all are doin real good on here
    just sayin hi
    Nice Klein!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hello, I am from Ridgecrest California.
    I consider myself a weekend warrior, and I want to get into DH/FR
    I own one bike, I think it is either an 06 or 08 Khs fxt trail. It is a low end fs bike that I upgraded a lot.
    I've been riding for about six years.
    This is the first bike forum I have signed up for.

Yup.

endo
    Nov 2011
    I'm from Littleton, CO
    Im a weekend warrior that rides XC and AM type trails
    I own two bikes, a 1999 specialized FSR and a 2007 K2 Crush.
    I've been riding for about 10 years, didnt get "serious" about riding until recently.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hello, my name is Matt. I have been lurking around the forum for a little bit and decided to officially join.

1.) Where you are from? Buffalo...the sports teams, ya, so I ride more and more. LOL
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I used to compete in xc mountain bike races a while back, but got too busy/poor at college. Hadn't been riding much until last year when I sold my old race bike (2001Trek 8500) and got my first full squish bike...have been riding a couple times a week since. Mostly weekend warrior now.
    3.) How many bikes you own? Two, Trek Fuel ex8 and Cannondale Trail SL3 29ner SS.
    4.) How long have you been riding? awhile.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? mtbr and wnymba and occasionally some car forums.

Here is a picture of my SS...only thing stock is the frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-29ner2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hey my name is Ali Vine I live in Islamabad, Pakistan and I love Mountain biking. There are a lot tracks near Islamabad which makes it a perfect city to fulfill this passion of mine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    nice looking ride...

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hello all,

I'm Jon and I live in Orlando, FL, where the sun never stops shining, except when it's raining. Luckily, you can close your eyes and the weather will change! I ride a Salsa Vaya and I mostly stick to the road, but I'm starting to experiment with gravel/grass/dirt paths around here. Sadly the metro area doesn't offer much of this

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Neeeewwbie

Hey all!!!
    My name is Frank!

1.) Where you are from? Born and raised in Houston TX.
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC, Going to try my hand at racing next season
    3.) How many bikes you own? I currently only own 2 bikes; a 2012 Niner One 9 and a 2010 Cinelli Mash
    4.) How long have you been riding? I started riding BMX in 2005ish until i got a job at a shop and was introduced to the amazingness of mountain bikes about a year ago in 2010 and just finished my first mountain build (late 2011)
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Just this one so far!

Heres a couple pics from my fresh Niner build with a loaner fork!(Niner RDO and RS SID29 on the way)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_8050.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_8051.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_8052.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_8055.jpg  

Last edited by frankx; 12-14-2011 at 03:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi, my name is David and I'm from Barcelona (SPAIN)... I'm a 2-3 days per week rider, I've been riding since 1993 and now I'm a 30 years old rider.

I have right now 2 bikes, a Cannondale Trail SL2 29er and a Rockrider 9.3 (a 26er from Decathlon factory, a french sport factory).

The forums that I visit most it's foromtb.com, a dedicated MTB spanish forum. And now, this one
    Cannondale Trail SL2 29er
    Rockrider 9.3

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    What's up everyone? I'm Johnny from Miami, FL. I've spent my entire life playing some type of sport and recently got hooked on riding at our local trails. I own two bikes, a Specialized Rockhopper and a Specialized FSR XC. I try to get out on the trails once a week. Seems like there is plenty to learn so i'm excited to see what the forum has to offer!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011

New Rider from Price, UT

Peter from Price, UT

New to riding non Toys'R'Us bikes.

Want to get a Funk La Ruta, Yeti SB-66, or Ibis Mojo SL and use a Rohloff hub. Would use a Gates Centertrack belt system if I got the Funk.

Want to ride the Luke's trail system here built by the Fuzzman.

Any riders near Price, UT that I could ride with and learn from?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Hi, name's Billy. I live in White Springs, FL. I'm a weekend warrior/trail rider type. My current rig is an '04 Kona Coiler frame that I converted to a "Coilair" by replacing the stock Fox Vanilla shock with a Manitou Swinger 4-way (greatly improved the ride). I've been riding mountain bikes for around 15 years. My other frequented forum is Tacoma World.

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-copy.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    G'Day All,

The Name is Roy

You'll find me in the town of Orange, NSW, Australia.
    I would be a weekend warrior\ forest beginner
    I have 2 bikes now, a 2008 Felt Q520 and a 2004 Craftworks FRM125
    Been riding for 3 years now
    I tend to read a lot on this forum as well as Rotorburn.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    1.) Where you are from? Hillsboro, OR
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? For fun and speed
    3.) How many bikes do you own? 4 and only use 1 ^_^
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just started once I wanted to make the short trip to College cheaper.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Endless-Sphere and this one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    1.) Where you are from?Zagreb, Croatia
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? New
    3.) How many bikes do you own? Cannondale 29er Trial sl2 2012
    4.) How long have you been riding? Just started after 15years of pause. About 10 years when I was younger but not mtb that was kids bike.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Audiophiles forums.

mtbr member
    Hey my name is Matt

1.) Jacksonville, FL
    2.) Kinda like a Weekend Warrior / Beginner
    3.) I own one bike right now
    4.) i have been riding a Couple of weeks
    5.) 29er and Beginners forums on this site. as well as some programming forums.

Here's my first ever bike, very entry level.
    2011 Gravity 29point1 19" frame