Page 105 of 171 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,250 of 8505
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello from NW GA. Completely new to bike forums, and completely ignorant of a great many things I should probably know. Bear with me. I'll probably have more questions than answers.

1.) Where you are from? NW GA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3, if you count my road bike
    4.) How long have you been riding? Since the 70s - before the BMX craze hit. I took a long hiatus, and am back riding again.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? This is the first forum I've joined in years. After spending time modding a golf forum, I needed a break from the whole forum scene. Too many jerks, and life's too short.

mtbr member
    Hi guys my name is Gavin and i am from london , england. I have been out of bikes for 5 years, but have been commuting on a friends specialized road bike for 3 months now . First time on a road bike and not enjoying so have ordered a cannondale flash3 carbon 29er. Comes mid Jan and am very excited. Always used to ride mtb's and very much looking forward to trying a 29er never ridden one before so hope i like it

mtbr member
    ps in response to the questions
    2) intermediate
    3) 1 currently
    4) on and off 25 years
    5} forums are bikeradar and gtr forum

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hey There

Hi

Live in Raleigh, NC
    Nowadays I'm considered an Intermediate (Insurance/Work)
    Own a Santa Cruz Tallboy, Trek Mamba, Specialized Cross Trail which I'm trying to sell
    Since the 80's first bike was a Diamond Back Apex, started MTB in AZ
    Club700XX-ATV, THOG-Biking

As you can see, been riding for a long time and mainly MTB since I can't stand riding on regular roads (too many idiots on the phone or texting)

Raleigh has allot of MTB nearby so I purchase the Tallboy for that reason.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hi im justin, i am from south carolina, definitely a beginner to adult mountain bike riding. I havent bought a bike yet bc I dont know the reputations of the companies yet but i have narrowed it down to a Scott Genius, Devinci Atlas, Specialized Camber, Niner Rip, or Lapierre XR. I want something that is good at everything bc im not sure what type of riding i want to do yet, plus i want to be able to sale it without losing a ton of money if I decide to sale it. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks

toscano
    ........!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am am here from 11-14-2012 but I saw this thread just now....

1.) Where you are from? I am from Florence, to be precise fro the hills around Florence. During the year often I stay in Paris

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? It is hard to say, I use my bike to visit beautiful places

3.) How many bikes you own? Now they are 3

4.) How long have you been riding? From 1987

5.) What forums do you frequent most? I tried it with an Italian forum but it was boring, very boring

I like ww kayaking, hiking and mountaineering, canyoning.
    I have a 1 year old daughter and a french wife

Here I am, in the background is the island of Monte Cristo, the treasure is still there?
    Last edited by toscano; 01-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi Folks, Merry Christmas,

I'm from Reading, Berkshire, UK, and I guess I'm a weekend warrior - looking forward to the lighter nights to ride more frequently. I'm motivated by fitness (my current lack of), losing weight, and the countryside surrounding my home.

I'm on my 4th bike as an adult, I think I also went through 4 bikes growing up - plus the tricycle!!

I have a very non standard Kona Smoke 29er - the only original thing being the frame, forks, bar & stem - the latter two things being what the LBS tell me to change to make the bike great!!

I've been riding on and off my whole life, culminating in 2008 with a cycle down the Pacific Coast Highway from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Then the new girlfriend arrived, not at all into cycling, but we became equipped with new wheels and now enjoy picnics and trips to nearby towns in summer.

Earlier this year I did the London to Brighton night ride, and now with 6 months to go before a wedding I'm back on the bike and looking to ride regularly to get toned and shed the excess pounds.

I've been reviewing these forums for ages - trying to get to 10 posts so I can submit a link to a photo of my ride!! I guess the beginner & 29er forums get most of my time as well as the reviews which are invaluable, and I hope to add to in due course.

mtbr member
    From Atlanta, GA.
    Started mountain biking in 1990, before suspension forks and clipless pedals.
    Raced in CO and CA before moving back east.
    Stopped riding for a decade
    Just got back into.

4 more posts before I can ask the question I registered to ask about...

mtbr member

I'm new

Hello all,
    I'm Todd and I am new here as of a few minutes ago. I just got back into mountain biking and i'm excited to be riding again. I'm 42 and just purchased a Specialized Rockhopper Pro (2013 model) all black with Shimano Deore XT PD-M785 Pedals on it. It is a nice looking bike. However I really need to get my endurance built up so I can get into more rugged terrain. The hills here in Austin are tough but should get me into shape within a month, (give or take). I think winter temperatures will be the deciding factor with how long it actually takes. I'm getting over having a sore buttox from the saddle since I have not rode a bike in several years. My previous bike was the Specialized Ground control FSR "Y" frame bike. I recently sold it, it was 17 years old. I bought the Specialized GB RBX Shorts, these help a lot and are very comfortable. Anyway, glad to be here....I'll be reading more topics daily.

Todd

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello Steven here, I am new to MTBR and this is my first post.
    I am mainly a weekend warrior but trying to ride more.....i have only been riding for 6-12 months and love it. I have a full suspension 29er Giant Anthem X , really handles well. been wanting to join this forum but no time like the present. glad i did.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

edmonton

edmonton
    casual trail, new downhill
    1 bike, rmb soul 29er
    ride all year round since i was a tike.

im a 44yr old rider. mostly road untill a few years ago. never new about downhill parks untill a friend and i went trail riding in golden. he said we should hit kicking horse cuz his cousin said it was cool. i had no idea what i was getting into. it has changed my life. its all i want to do in the summer. ive been creeping here for a while. i joined because i want my own ride and will be asking about bikes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    1.) Augusta, ga
    2.) Beginner to moderate xc
    3.) One full suspension mtb, one road, one broken freebie mtb
    4.) 7 months

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Rk123 from Fairfax VA. I'm new to mountain biking and right now the bike I have is a rocky mountain soul 29er.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Tunin

Him

Checking in from Hrzegovina.

1. Medjugorje, Bosnia & Herzegovina
    2. Noob to mountain biking
    3. Trek (old) no suspension, looking to buy the trek 8000
    4. Perhaps a year alltougether.

Thank you for all and any help here.

mtbr member

Just anothern FNG checking in

Hey, all! Just another FNG checking in...so, in keeping with the rules of the forum, here's the scoop on me:

Not really new to mountain biking as I was pretty deep into it in the late '90s when I was in the military. Rode a Cignal Zanzibar hard-tail and loved it, and it got even better when my son got into it and rode with me! This was in Hampton, Virginia and the trails we rode weren't "official" trails in that they weren't kept up by any organization - a group of MTBRs got together and made the trails, then performed upkeep maintenance on them as needed. All I know is we had a blast and I was in the best shape of my life!

Got out of it when I retired from the service and moved up North, and after a 14 year absence my wife and I are now getting back into it. This is her first foray into the MTBR world, and she's as excited about it as I am! She has a Trek 6200 and I have a Trek 3700 that we just bought two weeks ago, and so far neither of us has had a chance to ride due to work schedules, the holiday, and now the weather...when we finally do get a chance to ride we're heading to Harbison State Park which has the best trails in the Columbia, SC area.

Bikes sure have come a loooong way since I rode last, let me tell you! VERY excited about getting back into it!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

New Rider Roswell Georgia

Just ordered my first mountain bike (2012 Trek Cobia $899, hope I got a good deal ). Rode BMX as a kid but nothing in years...

1.) Where you are from? Roswell, GA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner, 29er, Mountain
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Getting back into it
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? 29er

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share): Fairfax Ca
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...): XCSS or whatever I can afford (hospital bills aside).
    3.) How many bikes you own? 2 built about 5 in various stages of... my bike shed looks like the scene of a natural disaster.
    4.) How long have you been riding? seriously since 05
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites) FNGromm

mtbr member
    Hello,

Here's my little presentation

1.) Where you are from? a little place in south of france near Aubenas
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Uphill for downhill and do it again
    3.) How many bikes you own? A road one and i'm building a new MTB one
    4.) How long have you been riding? seriously since 08
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? "vélo vert" forum

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey there,

am new to the forum but now new to MTB. Am currently living in Asia and I just got my ride together. Hope to find some advise and maybe some fellow riders here in Singapore. I am very much into competitive XC.

Cheers
    Lars

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

New member from Wisconsin Milwaukee area

Hello all, I'm a 34 year old male From the Milwaukee area. I've been riding actively since 1998. My favorite sport was/is adventure racing however it seems that they are disappearing.

I consider myself an intermediate rider and love technical trails and cross country.

As far as bikes, I have a Specialize Stump Jumper Comp, and a Stump jumper FSR Pro. I don't think i'll every ride something different, I love them.

The past couple years I've taken a break for family reasons, but I'm looking to get back into the swing of things and looking for a partner to ride with in Wisconsin as well travel to other states in search of more trails.

Since Adventure racing appears to be disappearing I've had an interest in the extreme obstacle courses. Even though it has not to do with mountain biking it's still extreme and looking for people to do that with as well. I'm also a kayaker and camper/backpacker. My profession is Law Enforcement and Loss Prevention (yes, I have two jobs)

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello

I live in Italy. I do xc and light AM.
    I have a Radon stage 5.0
    I ride seriously since last year.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello. I am a newbie. I'm 33 from Kingston, NY I just bought a rode once genesis 29 from a guy at my job for $50. I am fat and outta shape and plan to use this to get back in shape. When I was a kid I raced bmx then switched to motocross. Have broken my back in 4 places my sternum in half had a knee and shoulder replacement. Hence the reason for my plumpness. Lol not an excuse I know. But I have always been interested in mountain biking through the woods which is my favorite place to be..So having said that hello.. I did some research on the bike I know it's not the best but the price is good and I plan to put better parts on it as the old one break. I am 6'2 and 260lbs. Well I think that's everything.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Geque75 View Post
    Just ordered my first mountain bike (2012 Trek Cobia $899, hope I got a good deal ). Rode BMX as a kid but nothing in years...

1.) Where you are from? Roswell, GA
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner, 29er, Mountain
    3.) How many bikes you own? 1
    4.) How long have you been riding? Getting back into it
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? 29er
    I'm in Alpharetta just bought a cannondale pm me if you wanna going riding
    "You riding or crying"

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hello Everybody

1.) Oporto City, Portugal
    2.) XC racer, singlespeeder, and test Rider too
    3.) 3, MTB, Road, and comuter
    4.) since I was born, not so much, but since I was 4 years
    5.) Here, and portugues and Spanish Foruns, and some sites.

I'm from Portugal, and I'm Portuguese, so now I apologize for any spelling mistake to write in English.

I see your forum for a long time, but never participated until now, because I decided to register myself on behalf of my Web site about Cycling (MTB, Road; Ciclocrosse, track) the NoticiasCiclismo.net, and so too can participate in your great community !

Greetings to all

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpulsive View Post
    I'm in Alpharetta just bought a cannondale pm me if you wanna going riding
    Sure thing. I tried to PM but I have to have like 9 post first . Wii message you once it comes in... Hope to get it this coming Monday.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    hi fellow mtbr members,

checking in and saying hi from the tropics....

1.) Where you are from? MALAYSIA.... asia where monsoon lives here 4 months each year
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC
    3.) How many bikes you own? currently 1 (jamis full susser)
    4.) How long have you been riding? since august 2011
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? "mtbr" forum

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hello ya'll

I live in NorCal, love riding my bike. Rode many miles atop my elf pro as a youth and have now found XC I mainly ride Sonoma County but venture into Marin on occasion. I ride a Niner RDO, Kona Tanuki and OCR C2 for those frigid road rides on crisp winter days. I look forward to plundering the vaults of this seemingly endless supply of great humor, pics and troubleshooting greatness. I will reciprocate if I have knowledge of what's the haps... Take care, and Pedal Damn It !

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    1.) Where you are from? Central Indiana
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? two
    4.) How long have you been riding? just a few times on actual trails, just got a new bike for Christmas, and my older bike was not very well suited for trails.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? bladeforums.com, I am a knife nut number one, and mountain biking might turn into my next thing, seems a bit more expensive than knives though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Just hi

His all

Newbie cyclist.

Just upgrading from cheap hybrid to cyclocross.

From Yorkshire. UK.

Looking to get on road more and also family rides with 3yr old on back of bike!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

new in The Netherlands

1.) Where you are from? I'm an American ex pat living in the Netherlands.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? long distance tours (+100 km);
    middle distance triathlete, new to trail riding.

3.) How many bikes you own? four. road bike, commuter, ancient hybrid and a trail bike.

4.) How long have you been riding? I've been riding a bike since I was five. actively racing for the last three years; just got the trail bike a few weeks ago.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? just getting started

I went for my first trail ride yesterday in the woods outside Epe, about 50 km in the mud. It was great.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Hi to all !

To introduce myself to you :

1.) I'm from France, centre of France.
    2.) I ride my bike from time to time for fun.
    3.) I own two bikes and one of these is a DBR V6 (I will post photos of it as soon as possible in the required area).
    4.) Since quite a few years
    5.) I like to frequent ski, motorcycles and cars forums. In fact, anything that goes fast !

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Newbie intro

Hi my name is Don and I live in Central Florida. I mainly ride Road Bikes, Townies and sometimes Cyclocross but am new to Mountain bikes.

I have about 50 vintage road and Town bikes plus two Cannondale Mountain bikes.

Cannondale Mountain Bikes:

1984 w/ 26" front & 24" rear wheelset

1996 M-500

The 1984 is quite interesting as it was their first year and different wheel sizing (rims are really neat Pro class Series III Super Hard Anondized)

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    1. From Oregon, have lived in NM and CO. Currently living in CA
    2. Anything, anywhere anytime
    3. 16 (Crossx3, MTBx3, Roadx2, Tandem, FatBike, Fixed, Vintage MTBs
    4. Riding since '72, racing since '76. Somewhat slower now.
    5. IFRider, FatCog, Framebuilders Forum.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    1.) Where you are from? East-Flanders, Belgium, Europe
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Weekend rider, XC and commuter.
    3.) How many bikes you own? 3 bikes ( 2 MTB and 1 ROAD )
    4.) How long have you been riding? seriously since last year
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? MTBRForums, Mountainbike.be ( dutch site )

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    1. From: Midland, TX
    2. Rider: Triathlete turned Roadie turned MTB
    3. Bikes: 4 - Niner Jet 9 RDO, Focus Izalco, Felt b2r, Felt Z95
    4. Riding: 3 years seriously
    5. other forums: slowtwitch (tri)

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hey all, I have been using this site as a resource for a long time but I am just getting around to posting. I used to ride a lot and I my plan is to get riding on a regular basis this sprng.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    1.) Where you are from? Omaha, Ne
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? XC
    3.) How many bikes you own? currently 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? since 2005 or so
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Subaru forums, then MTBR.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1.) Where you are from? Namur, Belgium
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All around biker
    3.) How many bikes you own? currently 2
    4.) How long have you been riding? since 1986
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? BMB.be

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Another one from Vancouver

1.) Hi, I'm Anne from Vancouver
    2.) Ride a bit of North Shore, and Vancouver Island
    3.) currently a few bikes
    4.) been riding actively since 1992
    5.) Haven't decided on my favoured forums.

Q: where to post a lost and found item? FOUND undamaged pair of riding glasses yesterday on the north shore? Want to get them back to the owner!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

introduction

1.) waverly hall, GA
    2.) wanting to get into mountain and trail biking
    3.) in the process of purchasing a mountain bike
    4.) beginner
    5.) this is the first forum ive used for biking

looking into a new hobby since im out of the U.S. Army and one that will keep me in shape and in the outdoors

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Hi.

I´m Anthony.

from Spain.

I like to ride mtb bike.

I want to share my experiences with you.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello,
    My name is Lefteris.

1.) Where you are from? Thessalonki - Greece
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? All Mountain
    3.) How many bikes you own? all mountain (trek remedy 8) -- hardtail(gt zaskar LE) -- fitness(orbea carpe H30)
    4.) How long have you been riding? seriously since 1997

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello my name is Travis

1.) I am located in San Antonio, TX
    2.) I enjoy all mountain/trail riding
    3.) I currently own 2 bikes
    4.) I have been riding for about 15 years

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi there, my name is Diana, and I reside in beautiful Bragg Creek Alberta, in Kananaskis country. I live next to some of the best XC biking trails in Alberta, Canada.

I am new to biking, since I sustained some injuries to my achilles tendons and cannot hike and do the things I normally used to do. I just started riding mountain bikes this last July. I own a Rocky mountain trailhead, which is not a good bike for out here. It was great on hills, but half killed me on the downhill parts. I used it all summer, and have been looking for a full suspension bike since the fall.

I have found two candidates now, a 2010 Giant Anthem X4 and a Scott Spark Contessa. This is what brought me here, since I am trying to determine which bike is better. I am able to get them for the same price. I have no knowledge of components and all the important things I need to know about a bike. I now see bikes are not a means of transportation and there is so much stuff to read about, and the learning curve is a slow and sharp one.

Thanks for reading, now I am back to reading on the forums

Jeffro
    Dec 2012

Newbie..lets get these min req. out of the way!

Hi All,
    My current ride is a 03 SantaCruz Superlight with Thompson hardware, XT drive-train and Avid V-Brakes (yes, still running V's). I am American, but reside in the Netherlands. I am an all-mountain rider that enjoys riding very technical trails..chose the SL back in the day because of: Simplicity, ride characteristics (hard-tail with a little cushioning).
    Cheers,
    JAB63

mtbr member

Greetings from the Netherlands

Hi,
    My name is Andrew and I live in the Netherlands. I ride mostly cross-country on my Trek EX-8.
    I maintain a website about mountain biking where I live and I have just completely revamped it to make it look more modern. I cannot post a link in this text as I am new to the forum, but you can see the link in my signature.

mtbr member
    Hi everyone, My name is Ryan.

1) I'm from central Ohio.

2) I'm a beginner to mountain biking and don't have a favorite style.

3) I have two bikes. A hybrid I bought to get back into cycling, and a Trek 3500 disc I just got.

4) I've only been riding for a few months. Haven't ridden since I was a kid.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Hello, my name is Luis, I'm from Fredericton, NB, Canada. My answers are below...

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm mainly a XC trail rider, and I love tight, technical singletrack, grueling technical climbs and steep technical descents. This summer of 2012 I have been riding single speed XC bikes for the first time ever and am really digging the experience!

3.) How many bikes you own? 4: 1 Brodie Catalyst SS XC, 1 Spot Rocker SS XC w/ Gates Belt Drive; a 1995 Rocky Mountain Blizzard (currently rebuilding) and an old Peugeot roadie I converted to SS.

4.) How long have you been riding? My whole life, but mountain biking since 1992.

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites): This one and Pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi, my name is Adam - I'm from the UK.

2) XC although getting more into trails/downhill
    3)1 hardtail at the moment
    4) been riding all my life but started taking it more seriously in the last year
    5) pistonheads!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Brooklyn, NY. Haven't had a bike in a while, but I recently inherited a Specialized S-Works M5 HT Disc frame and some parts. Slowly building the bike up...