Page 103 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,150 of 8504
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Hi Josh.....

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by friz View Post
    Hello all,
    Newb MTB'er. Long time rider.

Found a trail. Found a bike. Can't stay off trail w/ bike. Think about trail al the time. Wife is pissed. She'll get over it.
    Easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission....

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Hi everyone, my name is Roland and im from Dallas Texas. I ride in all dfw areas, as much as i can. Just recently had my 08 trek top fuel stolen. Working on getting it replaced. For now, im riding a budget build genesis v2100 i picked up at a local garage sale for 50 bucks. Most parts are spare I had laying around in storage from my previous bikes. Love the site and forum, been looking in for quite some time now. Nice to meet you all.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi, i am new member of this forum, and my name is Gonzalo:

1.) Where you are from?
    I am from Madrid (Spain).

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself?
    XC rider
    3.) How many bikes you own?
    Cannondale Flash Team 2011.
    4.) How long have you been riding?
    Riding since 1988
    5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    Foromtb, weight weenies.

mtbr member
    Ciao, i'm Robert, 40 yo from Asiago (north Italy)
    i'm an all mnt-trail rider
    i've been riding since 1990 i use to be a triathlete so road bike most of all.
    own a intense treacer vp and a trek madone ssl road race bike
    my usual ride is here around Asiago and Alps mountain
    here to share bike passion
    sure i ewill enjoy

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hello all!

1.) Where you are from? I have a house in Charlotte, NC but my job in construction has me traveling all over for extended durations throughout the southeastern US. I've been in N. Alabama for the last few months and have been exploring all the trails between Birmingham and Chattanooga, TN.

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Although my ego wants to say otherwise, I guess I am realistically a novice XC / AM type trail rider.

3.) How many bikes you own?At present, I only own one very old Giant ATX 860. Nothing spectacular, but it was my first ever mountain bike and I have held onto it through the years (for some unknown reason) while others have come and gone. For purely sentimental reasons, I am planning on upgrading the frame with better and more technologically current components but hope to add to my collection with a FS mountain bike.

4.) How long have you been riding? I started riding mountain bikes during college in the early / mid 1990's. I kept up with it off and on throughout the years but have recently been passionately re-engaged in mtb'ing for the last 1.5 years.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

1.) Where you are from?
    MD, VA, now PA (State College)..so the East coast...

I am a perpetual noob rider; as in I feel i am always learning something new. I have to stay fairly current on bikes/trends as I am a wrench at a lbs. I really like the simplicity of SS or internally geared bikes (but gears are fun too).

a few.. reverse order of purchase:

Surly troll single speed 2012 (650B) velocity blunts laced to XT, profile cranks, etc... Agent Orange!

Eastern Night tramp (20" bmx) Eastern bi-rectional, left side drive, hawkeye fork, etc...

SE Premium Brew, ( 700c fixed gear) Campy (record?) cranks, Velocity deep V "bass boat" iridescent rims w/ formula hubs.

Also Built the GF a Schwinn varsity (27") with a sturmy 3 speed to commute on.

4.) How long have you been riding

I began working in bike shops in High school and EPed and rode a Diamondback SXL trail full susp to ride trails, that was 2006. Worked in a lbs in college got the SE and Eastern, sold the Diamondback so i rode strictly BMX and fixed Now i work at a small lbs at Penn State while GF finishes grad school and I just built my Surly. Back to riding trails and such again (but fully rigid now!)

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    oops, and 5) i visit pink bike, bike forum, and trick track. But this is the only bike forum i have joined.

Hello all! Excited to use the forum!!

ps- sorry about the lime colored text, i though tit would look darker....noob.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello, i just joined. I had a Felgt Trail Nine and sold it. I am looking at either a Specialized P.2 Street or a Hardrock 26 or 29" sport disc. I am having a hard time with this. I am 5'11" and over 230. I used to love riding BMX and jumps. What would you suggest. My 29er felt to big so I sold it.
    I am from Manitowoc Wi and love the outdoors. My wife and I Geocache and ride some of the trails to find them.
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Hello riders, my name is Andry
    1.) Where you are from?
    from Jakarta, Indonesia, been living in Los Angeles area for more than 10 years.

XC - trail rider, a little jump here and there.

I used to have wallymart bike, then fuji, then Felt compulsion, all gone except wallymart bike, still in garage collecting dust.
    Just got new one now, its name is speedy gonzales, because it is fast. It is Mojo SL.

2.5 years

5.) What forums do you frequent most?
    mtbr, pinkbike, socaltrailriders.org

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Evening everyone,
    As you can guess my names Danny. I'm 23 from the central coast of CA and I'm so damn green I'm practically yellow. But after watching Red Bull rampage a few months ago I was almost moved to tears at how much I wanted to get into this. Believe me, I know it doesn't just start there and I may never get to that level but I know I have to try HARD.
    I have a little bit of history with bikes. My dad was a road cyclist for 30+ years in the area before he got sick and eventually passed. While I tried to stay on the road bike I just wanna get dirty, get out off the pavement and see what the earth has to show me. Not just where the roads can take me. I guess it just feels like the progression of the skills my father gave me while he was here.
    For the past few months I've been keeping it on the back burner until I just found out I'm about to lose my job since my store is closing (Hint: It rhymes with SockHustler). Luckily I'll be on unemployment for a while and this just seems like the perfect time to pick up a rig, and get lost in the woods for a while.
    Right now all I have are a couple high end road bikes that my dad left behind when he passed. One is an old CF specialized my buddy is borrowing to get in shape and a custom CF tomassini, so I know I'm going to have to pick up a new bike to get in the mud and have a few prospects I found on craigslist that I'd like to get some feedback on.
    I'll go find some posts to give props on so I can get some feedback on what I've been looking at.

Hope to meet some great people and get on some sick trails!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Newbie Here

1.) San Diego
    2.) Trail Rider/ downhill
    3.) I own four bikes, only two are in working order
    4.) I have been riding on and off for about 5 years.
    5.) I am not usually on forums for bikes, mainly trucks, mine was having a few major problems.
    I just recently got a working mountain bike, I am also fairly out of shape for being 19. I also just started working in the bike dept. at Sport Chalet, a sports retailer on the west coast of the US for those who don't know.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi im Franco

1) Bronx,NY
    2) Trail rider as of now
    3) I own two bikes, one roadie other mnt
    4) I have done alot of road riding looking to break into the mnt bike riding
    5) I am usually on other forms for firearms,police,and your closet geek stuff for my droid
    My current bike is a Kona Nunu still trying to gather gear and find some trails in my area so I can finally get out on it next season, or winter cold doesn't bother me

Hope to chat it up with everyone ! and most importantly learn!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi, I'm Ken

1) I'm from Littleton, CO
    2) Trail rider as of now
    3) I own two bikes, one a Felt Cross bike I use as road and a used Gary Fisher Tassajara
    4) Lots of road riding in Colorado
    5) Love adventure blogs

Looking to find some good beginner rides/races to get my feet wet. Lots of opportunities in Colorado, so I have no excuse.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Introduction

Hey there, I have been lurking for months and am just now getting around to posting.

1) I'm about 45 minutes West of Chicago
    2) Trails and Cross country
    3) 2013 TREK 3700, and two cruiser bikes
    4) Since I was a kid, I have had a MTB hiatus for the last 10 years, I just now got the urge
    5) This site, Pinkbike, Cambr, IMBA and The Chainlink

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1. My name is John
    2. I am probably an alcoholic.
    3. Colorado native.
    4. Trek 820, about 2008/9 model, heavy, steel.
    5. 8500-9000 miles racked up.
    6. Cross-country.
    7. Need help finding the correct front wheel bearing cones for this bike.
    8. Don't have enough posts to ask outright.
    9. Used to ride a Huffy BMX knock-off as a kid, still have it. Got back into riding for fitness.
    10. I screwed up in not following your format.
    11. Good site.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    1. Zack
    2. I am currently in Knoxville, Tn
    3. Windrock is where I spend most of my time riding and building
    4. I have 2 bikes (XC and DH)
    5. I don't have enough post to post a new tread

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1.) Where you are from? (as specific as you care to share)
    Las Vegas

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? (ex: beginner, weekend warrior, all mtn/trail rider, XC racer, downhiller, singlespeeder, 29er rider, etc...)
    Don't know yet. I have yet to get a MTB

0 mountain bikes, 1 road bike

0 experience in the MTB world

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    Forums that are totally unrelated to mtbr.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello everyone.
    Not a newbie to biking but a newbie to the forum.
    1. Eastern Ohio is where I reside.
    2. Weekend Warrior is the way I ride. (Got make moola to pay the bills during the week)
    3. Refinishing a 1996 Gary Fisher Paragon (Pics to follow) and a Lynskey ProCross on it's way soon.
    4. 1990 (Old Fart )
    5. Mostly Fly Fishing Forums (Have more than One hobby..haha )

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

newb...sort of

Hi my name is Mike, I'm from South East PA. I have been riding/racing for about 12 years. I would consider myself and expert rider. I have been riding a 29er for the last 5 years and don't see myself ever going back to the small wheels. I currently have 5 bikes. 2 mtn, 1 road, 2 townie.

I used the site a lot 5-10 years ago, but took a break and now I'm using it again.

See you out on the trails.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Question on Cannondale Scalpel 3 Frame differences

1.) Where you are from? Chico CA

2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? amateur Road Racer, novice-intermediate MTB and beginner X-rider
    1 cruiser, 1 track fixed gear, 1 carbon road bike, 1 carbon/aluminum road bike, 1 aluminum cross bike, 1 MTB (hardtail)

seriously 5 years

5.) What forums do you frequent most? (either here or on other sites)
    Newbie to all the forums

So I am seriously shopping for a Scalpel 3 29er. I love the idea of the lefty shock but my local bike shop doesn't stock them. While I was in KC, I went to a shop to take one for a test ride and, as expected, I loved it. The bike was listed as a 2013 and was marked as a medium Scalpel 3 29er. There was just one problem. Every photo of 2012 and 2013 models I have seen shows a double section of top tubing above the rear shock going into the seat post. This bike had a sort of flat single tube. All of the rest looked right, but I can not for the life of me find a photo that matches the bike in the shop. Could it be that all the photos are the Large size and the tubing is different on the medium? I have a photo from the shop but it won't seem to post. Any help here is apreciated. The shop manager produced a recipt from Cannondale showing it was a 2013. I just have to solve the mystery. Thanks for any input.

-Evan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_1639.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-img_1640.jpg  

Last edited by etbillman; 12-09-2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Newbie Thread

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Hi

Hi, new to the forum. Just introducing myself.

Kirk

From Springfield Illinois.

All around rider been at mtb since 90. Started in BMX when I was 12 or so. Now 40. Recently been doing triathlons, marathons etc. just finished half ironman this year. Would love to knock out a 100 mile mtb race this year.

I own 2 mtb. 97 Bart brentjens gold specialized. Just picked up a 2013 Trek superfly comp.
    2 road bikes. 2013 Madone 5.2. 2012 speed concept 7.8.

Most frequent forum, Pelican Parts forum.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1. Hi, my name is Will
    2. Live in N.E. Georgia
    3.I have been riding off and on since 1990. Started back riding in the evenings for exercise.
    4. I have 5 bikes, 2 cruiser, 2 road and a mtb I bought probably 12 yrs or so ago. Found this site, got interested in riding it again. Got it out, serviced it and went on my first ride in years on it today.
    5.I have been lurking in the Passions and General forums the most.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    spam

mtbr member
    Name: Keith

Currently riding: Nothing, researching bikes now, leaning towards a CX

Lives in: Bluefield, WV

Can't wait to start riding again

I'm really diggin it!
    I'm from Marin County, CA

I'm an XC, all mtn/trail rider, downhiller, 29er rider. If that makes any sense.

Too many! My favorites at the moment are my Canfield YS and my Trek Session 8

Well I did my first mountain bike race when I was 15. My first road race when I was 13.

I have never really visited the internet world of bikes. I mostly just ride. I spend most of my forum time reading up on aviation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-bike.jpg  

New Users Check in Here - official introductions thread-gitinsome.jpeg  

Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I'm from Harrisburg, NC

I'm a beginner, having been regularly riding the last few months

I bought a Walmart Mongoose back in 2002 and left it unused for 10 years until a few months ago I decided to start riding it for exercise. After having gone to a challenging trail (for me) with a friend with a nice bike, I decided to upgrade. Now I have a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite.

I've been riding a few months

I mostly visit tech related and saltwater hobby forums
    2009 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Newbie just joined

Hi, Neil G from Napa, Ca.
    I consider myself a beginner. XC, 29er rider, currently only get to ride once a weekend.
    Only one bike right now, '12 GT karakoram 1 29er
    I've been riding bikes in general off and on over the years, more steady and dedicated starting this year. Loving it' and wish I could ride more but work/wife/twins = a full schedule.
    I'm looking forward to learning more about mountain biking through the forum.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hi mtbr

My name Is Matt I ride mostly on the weekends on trails and/or the roads to get to them. I used to love riding my bmx so much as a kid that when a friend stopped by last year with his rig I was sold. I went out and did some research and bought a 2012 specialized hard rock 29er. I thought it was a really good value. I like the reviews on this site. I also frequent jeep forum and wrangler forum. That being said my first major upgrade to my ride is a bike rack.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hey everyone, my name is Stefan and just joined and glad to be here!

1.) Delaware, but live in Boston, MA now
    2.) Weekend Warrior
    3.) Four right now, though only two mountain bikes:

- 2009 Santa Cruz Superlight (newest)
    - 2012 Specialized Hardrock SE
    - 2007 Specialized Langster
    - 2006 Specialized Allez Comp

4.) How long have you been riding? About 4 years or so.
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? None really, just starting now on here!

mtbr member

Hello!

I am Von Gruber also known as Todd to some....Been biking since I was a kid. Just became very active again this year after a 10 year hiatus.

1.) I am from Des Moines, Iowa
    2.) I ride my fatbike mostly. That and my hardtail 29er. Mostly singletrack in the central I owa area.
    3.) 4
    4.) 6 months of a serious basis....
    5.) Jeep Forum, KLOV

Also love Jeeping/4 wheeling, video games and more! Here is a shot of me riding the fatty over the "big tire" at the Denman's Woods trail in Des Moines.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ad1
    mtbr member
    Dec 2012

New member says Hi!

Hi MTBR,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am Addison and am a Mountain Biker in Georgia. I grew up in Northern VT and have been mountain biking in VT, CA and most recently in GA. I am also the founder of a new company that is making some pretty unique bike tools and multi-tools integrated into iPhone cases (so you have your tools where ever you go!), but more on that at a later date

1. Atlanta, GA
    2. Weekend Warrior
    3. 2 (Mongoose Teocali Comp 2009, and a beater)
    4. Since my first mountain bike at 6
    5. singletracks.com for trails nearby

I look forward to joining in on some great Mountain bike discussion!

Addison Shelton
    TaskLab founder
    Last edited by Ad1; 12-11-2012 at 11:02 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hi all

Im new here and already have a question that im hoping someone can answer. I bought a bike at a yard sale and shortly after realized that I didnt know what brand it was and still to this day do not. I have all the parts listed below and a picture if I an get it to post
    The only markings are a few numbers on the bottom of the BB and then an "easton E" I assume for the tubing used.
    Please any suggestions or guesses would be appreciated, thanks

well ill try a link I suppose bc im still newbie status...

Black hardtail Frame
    -Stamped "E" for easton tubing on the bottom
    Deore LX groupset
    -rapidfire shifters and cantilever brakes"
    Head Lock head set
    Titan quill Stem and post
    Manitou Answer Sport Shocks
    Deore LX wheelset
    Perigrine Carbon Bars

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    http ://s1222.photobucket.com /albums/dd500/rrrrrz11 4/black%20mtb/?action=view&current=070.jpg

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1) Doug from Cowtown (Fort Worth), Texas
    2) XC rider with a little road and SS road and gravel thrown in.
    3) Four bikes that I actually ride: Giant Anthem Advanced 29, Atherton custom gravel bike/commuter, Bianchi Veloce steel converted to SS with Paul's drop outs, Giant TCR Advanced road with Campy 10 Speed
    4 ) Riding since 1987
    5) IPA drinker

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1.) Huntsville, AL
    2.) Beginner Mountain, been riding road for a few years
    3.) 2 - Felt z85 and a Trek 26"
    4.) Previously only rode trails occasionally. Regularly started a month ago
    5.) Normally on BeginnerTriathlete

Basically here to find some info on various gear, and get some tips on riding. Next year I'm going to try a few off-road triathlons and duathlons, so trying to get fast.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hello everyone, Im from Clearwater BC, i mostly Freeride and Downhill, i have two full suspension bikes and another full suspension frame, a hardtail single speed, and a bmx.. I have bin riding since i was about 15 so 12 years now and my dedication grows each year.. i am mostly on the NSMB and Pinkbike forums but decided to give this place a shot..

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Hi

I'm James
    Reside in Fort Collins, CO
    Originally from MD
    Ride SS, XC, All mountain, looking to race some super-d this coming yr
    Bikes include SS Trek Marlin frame built up and Fisher Xcaliber 29er. Looking to buy a trail bike this year.
    Typically ride in Lyons CO or Curt Gowdy state park, WY

Nice to join ya'll

mtbr member
    May 2012
    1.) Where you are from? North Carolina originally but live in central Texas at the moment
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? Beginner, getting ready to turn 38...late bloomer
    3.) How many bikes you own? At the moment, none, but I'm getting ready to build an all mtn capable On-One 456 evo as my first
    4.) How long have you been riding? Haven't logged any real time in about 15 or so years. Bikes have come quite aways since i was riding GT and Haro
    5.) What forums do you frequent most? Depends on what info I'm looking for...lately, this one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Noob Here

1.) Where you are from? SF-Bay Area (Nor-Cal)
    2.) What kind of rider do you consider yourself? I'm a beginner
    3.) How many bikes you own? I only own 1 29er bike right now but I used to have a couple of 26ers.
    4.) How long have you been riding? I've been riding on and off for a few years now.

mtbr member
    I'll play.

Residing in Northern New Hampshire

I race a bit for fun, XC rider, though I am also a die hard commuter.

I love my ever growing quiver of bikes: Salsa El Mariachi, Surly Necromancer, Kona Ute, Salsa La Cruz, and a Jamis Sputnik get me around most of the time...but there are a few others too.

I guess I've only been seriously riding for a decade or so.

I've owned more Volkswagens than I have bikes......

I like the fatbike forum, and also VWVortex.

Here's a couple pics.

mtbr member
    Hi,
    Andrew from Wisconsin
    XC racer
    CX racer
    fat bike
    road bike
    I like Ti bikes.
    55+ Masters, not at all elite.
    Really enjoying my 9:zero:7 right now. Getting geared for Nats and Worlds CX wgere I will get my ass royally whipped; but who cares?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    1.) Tucson, AZ
    2.) Going to buy a 29er
    3.) 0
    4.) 15 year hiatus
    5.) audiokarma/ar15

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Have been out of riding since the 1990s and am getting ready to get back in the saddle.

1.) Fort Worth, TX (from SLC, Utah originally)
    2.) I'm definitely a weekend warrior. I'm a bit on the heavier side -- 6'1" & 205 lbs -- so I did a lot of downhill. Just couldn't keep up with all my 6'1 & 155 lb buddies
    3.) I own "0" bike for now.
    4.) Rode actively in the early/mid 1990s
    5.) 29ers/Brianenos

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hey everyone,

brian from the island of bermuda. been riding mountain bikes for 15 years both on the island and east and west coast of canada

trail rider and race some xc for fitness
    just got a banshee paradox, this forum has been a huge help in finding my new bike. its my first 29er and im stoked....

mtbr member
    Hello ! Fishbucket here.. from Petaluma Ca. have a wonderful wife of 5 1/2 yrs and 11 yr old son.

I used to have a ( It think) Fuji or fujinon or some such MTB with shimano parts , It was along time ago, 20 + yrs ago... Hard to remember. Used to ride it out at Alumrock Park and ride all over to work and after work around San Jose.

Then a few years back the wife and I got bikes to ride. We got her a nice Cannondale MTB from Mikes Bikes here in Petaluma on their second day opening of buying out the previous store. and I found a old 93' GT timberline on Craigslist our of Santa Rosa

I found an old Bike trailer too, that we take our dog Scotty in, out on rides. Have'nt been riding to much lately....

As you might have guessed I'm big into fishin' ... all kinds of fishing. I've had boats of all types and gotten rid of them for one reason or another. Ended up with Kayaks now.
    We had three. But I had to go get some blood work done for next yrs health ins to save so dough... and I have really high bad cholesterol.. and could stand to lose a few dozen donuts and other fats..
    So I'm determined to get it down by exercise... MTB exercise !!..

I traded one of my Yaks last weekend for a Santa Cruz -AL- 29er Highball w/ Recon front, deore shifters, Avid brakes.

Man what a diffrence in rides from 93' to 2012' why did I wait so long?? I have some tweeking to do on it . But when dont you?

Nursing a cold right this minute, but when I'm 100% I'll be out riding Helen Putnam and the mean streets of Petaluma...hopefully a few nights a week and then longer trips out in the woods.

I used to ride Dualsport Motorsycles a KLR 650 to be exact. Did an Ironbutt 1000 on it. a few times to Deathvalley, up in the Oregon woods and out in the Sierras. have since sold it.

Hobbys: I have dabbled in. small wood working projects, watercolor and oil panting Duck and Bird hunting. Eating small defenseless animals, would like to get more into Astronomy and Astro Photography.

I've been a Carpenter/ General construction, an Auto Body Fender man, Equipment operator, Garbage Truck painter, Septic tank "Tech" , Dairy Equipment Service Mechanic, and other various jobs to pay the bills.

Now I work for a bigshot Real Estate company in the Building Maintenance/ Engineering Division. I'm a Building Engineer for our customer Cisco. I patrol all the NorCal field sales offices, fixing and repairing everything the customer owns in those offices. driving from P-town to SF to Pleasanton to Reno to Fresno to San Bruno to Rancho Cordova/Gold River... about 30,000 miles a year.

Did I mention I'm big into fishing?

I frequent a few forums, mostly fishing ones, a couple motorsycles ones and now MTB ones.

I have the philosophy : We're all trying to make a living... no sense beating each other up over it..

I dont believe in Karma... I want bad doers to get theirs, right then and their.

I guess thats about it... maybe we'll see you on the trail sometime.

( I know pics are mandatory, even if off subject. ) So I'll leave you with a few of mine.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Oh man.. so new.

Oh boy.. I'm insanely new. I've been riding the $200 Walmart Mongoose for a few years a few times a year is all. I want to really get into riding. I live in Southern Utah.. so Home of the Redbul Rampage. People here are quite serious about MTBing. I would love love love a great downhill/Freeride bike, but there are a ton of great XC trails here. I would love some recommendations.. I'm shopping for about a dozen or so online and have found some (what I believe) are great deals.

I want to spend MAX $800 (If I spend $800, i can't buy any upgrades or do any pricey services). So I have some options... not a TON, but some.

Could anyone suggest from the following;

Ironhorse SGS - $450
    Ironhorse Yakuza kumicho - $750
    Rocky Mountain Switch SL - $750
    2007 Jamis Parker 2 - $775
    Banshee Scream - $800
    GT MARATHON ELITE - $600
    2003 Diamonback XTS Moto - $500

Again.. I mostly want a good FR bike. But I will be doing some pedaling (which I loathe).. So.. Thanks for everything and it's great to be here.
    Last edited by Leejin; 12-14-2012 at 11:32 AM.

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Leejin View Post
    Oh boy.. I'm insanely new. I've been riding the $200 Walmart Mongoose for a few years a few times a year is all. I want to really get into riding. I live in Southern Utah.. so Home of the Redbul Rampage. People here are quite serious about MTBing. I would love love love a great downhill/Freeride bike, but there are a ton of great XC trails here. I would love some recommendations.. I'm shopping for about a dozen or so online and have found some (what I believe) are great deals.

I want to spend MAX $800 (If I spend $800, i can't buy any upgrades or do any pricey services). So I have some options... not a TON, but some.

Could anyone suggest from the following;

Ironhorse SGS - $450
    Ironhorse Yakuza kumicho - $750
    Rocky Mountain Switch SL - $750
    2007 Jamis Parker 2 - $775
    Banshee Scream - $800
    GT MARATHON ELITE - $600
    2003 Diamonback XTS Moto - $500

Again.. I mostly want a good FR bike. But I will be doing some pedaling (which I loathe).. So.. Thanks for everything and it's great to be here.
    Go post this in the beginner's corner and you'll get a ton of suggestions.

-S

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by shibiwan View Post
    Go post this in the beginner's corner and you'll get a ton of suggestions.

-S
    Thanks! Trying to hit my 5 posts so I can post my own threads.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012

Hello there

Im Giorgio from ischia island Italy
    I have as bike a Scott Genius 30 and a Ibis Mojo HD 160 black carbon
    Usually i rode them around my island hills .
    Hope to share with you all the best of this wonderful sport
    Giorgio.