mtbr member
    Feb 2011

New stem? Adjustable riser? Best route?

Hi all. Loving my Giant XTC3, but since most of my riding is around the neighborhood with my 5-year-old, or 30-50km exercise rides, and not much offroad downhill or up over the bars hardcore pushing, I'd like to make my ride a little more upright and comfortable.

Can you suggest the best method, part(s) to do this?
    Thanks in advance, and sorry if there's a better forum for this.

Here are the specs:
    Giant XTC 3 2010 or Cannondale F5 2010? photo from the Mtbr Mountain Bike Photo Gallery

Oh, one other thing. I noticed that these shocks have only a pre-load adjuster and not a lock-out. Is that something that could be added on, or would I need to replace the whole fork?

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    Try This. I added this to my wife 2004 cannondale F3. She loved it as it helped her sit upright and it was a easy install for me.

Delta Cycle Threadless Stem Riser 710/1028

workin' it Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ShizuokaMark View Post
    Hi all. Loving my Giant XTC3, but since most of my riding is around the neighborhood with my 5-year-old, or 30-50km exercise rides, and not much offroad downhill or up over the bars hardcore pushing, I'd like to make my ride a little more upright and comfortable.

Can you suggest the best method, part(s) to do this?
    Thanks in advance, and sorry if there's a better forum for this.

Here are the specs:
    Giant XTC 3 2010 or Cannondale F5 2010? photo from the Mtbr Mountain Bike Photo Gallery

Oh, one other thing. I noticed that these shocks have only a pre-load adjuster and not a lock-out. Is that something that could be added on, or would I need to replace the whole fork?

Thanks again.
    and adjustable rise stem would be the best route as mentioned previously. The lockout couldn't be added after the fact. They best bet if you are interested in a lockout would be to keep your eyes peeled at local bike swaps, MTBR classifieds or craigslists for a similar fork with lock out then do the swap.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    Could get some big bar ends with near 90 deg bend. Install em near upright and cover with bar tape. That's what I did with my older mtb converted to "Daddy" bike. This way if I wanna trail ride it I can just move em forward where they normally would be or just take em off.
    Round and round we go