mtbr member
    Jun 2013

NeverWet, would there be any useful applications for mtb'ing?

Rust-Oleum Stops Rust 18 oz. NeverWet Multi-Purpose Spray Kit-274232 at The Home Depot

I really want to buy a kit, i just don't know what i'd use it for...lol

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Spray your whole bike and go ride in the mud and then let us know how it works out.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Someone made a thread about (NanoTech ?) and their hydrophobic product (like this one) ... If I remember right, the stuff would need to be reapplied on a regular basis, unless you never washed your bike.

The stuff seems to be designed for fabrics, but ... Who knows how well it will work on a bike, without trying it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I got some of this stuff today and I don't plan on using it on my bike. It leaves a frosty coating, wears away in about a year (faster if exposed to abrasion or solvents), and has a strong smell. It seems like it might not be that useful to the average person until they sort out all the kinks, which explains why almost no one is selling it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    spray the linkages with it maybe?

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    if your looking for some thing that will help the dirt, mud, and what ever else to come off your bike easy try a silcon spray you can get it at walmart. Or if the cost is of no object. At your local motorcyle shops they have stuff called Plexus. It's a cleaner polisher it's in a spray can. As a cleaner I wouldn't recommend it clean the bike first then Spray some on a soft cloth wipe it on the bike, then with a dry cloth wipe it done. Very slippery just like you had put a couple of coats of wax on. But it's like 18.00 a can. I've used this stuff on dirt bikes, four wheelers, car, mtb bikes. The mud and dirt comes off so much easier. Or just plan wax the bike that's what I did hardly needed any soap just a hose dirt and mud fell off.

mtbr member
    I could see using this on my CamelBak's padding and straps. I'm not really concerned about any discoloration, it'd be interesting if it really wicked off the sweat. My CamelBak gets awfully smelly as it is.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    The silicone or plexus would be great on the frame, but I have no idea about the sweat on your camelpack. I know purple power can be used for a lot of things even for laundry. You can get in a spray bottle or a gallon jug, I buy the gallon jug and have a spay bottle and delute it for cloth. Heavy grease and oil full stength( but word of caution if anything on the bike is anidize it will remove.)