Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: My New Yeti!!

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    468

    My New Yeti!!


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    468
    I should have posted this in the Yeti section lol

  3. #3
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    20,363
    Nice! Other than changing out a few things like seat handlebar and stem. Maybe pedals and tires but other than that it looks to be a top notch ride.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  4. #4
    Gas
    Gas is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7
    Funny!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 410sprint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    81
    Best coolers money can buy... now fill that thing up with BEER.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,993
    Great coolers.. but dang that is some serious coin to drop when you can buy a 5 day igloo or Coleman for $50.

  7. #7
    Sup
    Reputation: Burnt-Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    2,219
    can you get it in teal?


    Sj
    I am slow therefore I am

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: The Highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    74
    You are a trickster !!
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper fsr comp
    1998 Specialized Stumpjumper S2(Metal Matrix)

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Great coolers.. but dang that is some serious coin to drop when you can buy a 5 day igloo or Coleman for $50.
    It's hit or miss with the 5 Day Igloo. I've read reviews where it worked great for one person while 5 others could't keep ice for a day. The lids and handles have a tendency to break as well.

    The Yeti on the other hand is solid and almost a house hold item back home in West Texas. The last thing you want to do is skimp on a cooler when you're spending the night on an oil well hours away from town. I've seen Yetis still holding ice after 7 days. It's rugged design comes in handy, you ever drive down an oilfield lease road? It can be rough. I know oilfield workers and hunter who own every size Yeti they make. If us West Texans aprove of the Yeti, you can bet it works

    As for me, I've since quit the oilfield but the wife picked this beauty up for me and son who just joined the Cub Scouts. A Yeti filled with cokes and a Hammock, life is good lol

  10. #10
    Front Range, Colorado
    Reputation: DIRTJUNKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    20,363
    I just recently moved back to Colorado from many years in California. I've never seen so many Yetis [bikes] on the trails. I'm surprised this is the first I've heard of the Yeti cooler line. From the reviews you guys are giving I may be looking into getting one next summer.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    I have 2 Yeti coolers and they are by far the
    best coolers I've ever owned. They are also a
    certified bear box for camping.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,993
    Quote Originally Posted by 50calray View Post
    It's hit or miss with the 5 Day Igloo. I've read reviews where it worked great for one person while 5 others could't keep ice for a day. The lids and handles have a tendency to break as well.

    The Yeti on the other hand is solid and almost a house hold item back home in West Texas. The last thing you want to do is skimp on a cooler when you're spending the night on an oil well hours away from town. I've seen Yetis still holding ice after 7 days. It's rugged design comes in handy, you ever drive down an oilfield lease road? It can be rough. I know oilfield workers and hunter who own every size Yeti they make. If us West Texans aprove of the Yeti, you can bet it works

    As for me, I've since quit the oilfield but the wife picked this beauty up for me and son who just joined the Cub Scouts. A Yeti filled with cokes and a Hammock, life is good lol
    Oh I hear you. They last forever and work really well. I also wouldn't stand on my 5 day igloo for fear of breaking it. You could park a damned car on top of that Yeti. lol

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    PS, I also have 2 Yeti bikes. A 575 and
    a ASR-C. They are as good as the coolers.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    PS, I also have 2 Yeti bikes. A 575 and
    a ASR-C. They are as good as the coolers.
    I asked for two things this Christmas, a Yeti Bike and a Yeti Cooler.

    Thanks to my wonderful wife, I got both


  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,736
    ^ A good wife is a wonderful thing.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    ^ A good wife is a wonderful thing.
    Yes sir, she's a keeper

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    oh it is good i like it.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10
    I could use one of those... my igloo doesn't hold ice for more than a few days... where Can i Find them?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •