• 12-15-2012
    50calray
    My New Yeti!!
  • 12-15-2012
    50calray
    I should have posted this in the Yeti section lol
  • 12-15-2012
    DIRTJUNKIE
    Nice! Other than changing out a few things like seat handlebar and stem. Maybe pedals and tires but other than that it looks to be a top notch ride.:thumbsup:
  • 12-16-2012
    Gas
    Funny!
  • 12-17-2012
    410sprint
    Best coolers money can buy... now fill that thing up with BEER.
  • 12-17-2012
    pointerDixie214
    Great coolers.. but dang that is some serious coin to drop when you can buy a 5 day igloo or Coleman for $50.
  • 12-17-2012
    Burnt-Orange
    can you get it in teal?

Sj
  • 12-17-2012
    The Highlander
    You are a trickster !!
  • 12-17-2012
    50calray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Great coolers.. but dang that is some serious coin to drop when you can buy a 5 day igloo or Coleman for $50.

It's hit or miss with the 5 Day Igloo. I've read reviews where it worked great for one person while 5 others could't keep ice for a day. The lids and handles have a tendency to break as well.

The Yeti on the other hand is solid and almost a house hold item back home in West Texas. The last thing you want to do is skimp on a cooler when you're spending the night on an oil well hours away from town. I've seen Yetis still holding ice after 7 days. It's rugged design comes in handy, you ever drive down an oilfield lease road? It can be rough. I know oilfield workers and hunter who own every size Yeti they make. If us West Texans aprove of the Yeti, you can bet it works;)

As for me, I've since quit the oilfield but the wife picked this beauty up for me and son who just joined the Cub Scouts. A Yeti filled with cokes and a Hammock, life is good lol
  • 12-17-2012
    DIRTJUNKIE
    I just recently moved back to Colorado from many years in California. I've never seen so many Yetis [bikes] on the trails. I'm surprised this is the first I've heard of the Yeti cooler line. From the reviews you guys are giving I may be looking into getting one next summer.
  • 12-17-2012
    John Kuhl
    I have 2 Yeti coolers and they are by far the
    best coolers I've ever owned. They are also a
    certified bear box for camping.
  • 12-18-2012
    pointerDixie214
    Quote:

Originally Posted by 50calray View Post
    It's hit or miss with the 5 Day Igloo. I've read reviews where it worked great for one person while 5 others could't keep ice for a day. The lids and handles have a tendency to break as well.

The Yeti on the other hand is solid and almost a house hold item back home in West Texas. The last thing you want to do is skimp on a cooler when you're spending the night on an oil well hours away from town. I've seen Yetis still holding ice after 7 days. It's rugged design comes in handy, you ever drive down an oilfield lease road? It can be rough. I know oilfield workers and hunter who own every size Yeti they make. If us West Texans aprove of the Yeti, you can bet it works;)

As for me, I've since quit the oilfield but the wife picked this beauty up for me and son who just joined the Cub Scouts. A Yeti filled with cokes and a Hammock, life is good lol

Oh I hear you. They last forever and work really well. I also wouldn't stand on my 5 day igloo for fear of breaking it. You could park a damned car on top of that Yeti. lol
  • 12-18-2012
    John Kuhl
    PS, I also have 2 Yeti bikes. A 575 and
    a ASR-C. They are as good as the coolers.
  • 12-18-2012
    50calray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    PS, I also have 2 Yeti bikes. A 575 and
    a ASR-C. They are as good as the coolers.

I asked for two things this Christmas, a Yeti Bike and a Yeti Cooler.

Thanks to my wonderful wife, I got both :D

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...231B5AD06B.jpg
  • 12-18-2012
    John Kuhl
    ^ A good wife is a wonderful thing.
  • 12-18-2012
    50calray
    Quote:

Originally Posted by John Kuhl View Post
    ^ A good wife is a wonderful thing.

Yes sir, she's a keeper :D
  • 12-19-2012
    sdimple387
    oh it is good i like it.
  • 12-20-2012
    raleighrider0912
    I could use one of those... my igloo doesn't hold ice for more than a few days... where Can i Find them?