mtbr member
    Sep 2012

My experience with Manitou customer service.

Hey, I am from Chile , and was looking for a Manitou tower pro 29 fork for a long time now but my only hesitation was that because Im 230lbs I needed an xx firm spring which is rare to find and virtually impossible to get in Chile.
    Here is where the story begins Ive spent many hours seaching for a way to get my hands on a kit for a tower pro with no luck. I tried the local official distributor but they wouldn't order it for me , tried many online store, ebay, you name it, I even got a friend that lives in the US to try and special order and after all these ordeal I gave up. But suddenly I thought what the heck Ill email manitou about my problem , maybe they can guide me to a solution.
    So I got in contact with Randy Grob| ,Warranty & Technical Support Coordinator, who was very kind and tried many different ways to get me a spring with no luck either ( To be honest I was shocked about how empathic this guy was, he cared about my problem and actually tried to solve it), and after many attempts he said and I quote " What is your address man, I will just take one out of our tech room, if this is holding you from buying one of our forks, I will make it happen man!" and I was so amazed of his empathy I felt so good, my problem was now fixed and to make it even better he sent me the parts charge-free to Chile!.
    I dont want to show this so people go " Ill email manitou and get free stuff" , but I want to share my experience and let everyone know that this company really cares about their customers and to be honest I know that a guy all the way in Chile is not a priority to any big company but manitou does care, so I am really happy with quality of customer service they have and how different they are compared to many other companies Ive dealt with.
    I hope this gives you guys something to think about before buying an upgrade. At least I know that with a customer service like that Im gonna buy from them for a long time!

thanks Randy!!!!!!! and all the Manitou team!

PD: Sorry for the grammar as english is not my native language.

mtbr member
    I have had a series of similar experiences with Manitou over the years. My favorite part was when I went beyond the technical competence of the person I was talking to. The guy said 'you need to be talking to XXXX'. It took a couple of days but the conversation happened and the problem was solved. I still ride that fork today and it still is super sweet. I would buy another Manitou in a heartbeat.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I felt the same and you know when this happened, I kept saying to myself and friends ¨Wow I still can´t believe what happened, what a nice guy.¨ he really did make my day and was super fast about it, answered all my many questions and made my problem his own.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    That's a cool story. I have a Tower Expert btw. Love the fork.

As an aside I found Marzocchi's tech guys in Vancouver to be super helpful as well. They replaced a steerer for me a few seasons back.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I had a Manitou Minute Pro fork and needed a heavier spring for it. I happened to be down by Milwaukee, so I called them up and asked if I could get spring somehow. They said stop by, so I did. They gave me a little tour and a free spring. Good guys!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Randy is the man, he has really helped me out in the past as well. Manitou really has top notch products and customer service these days. There stuff is really tough to beat and its a shame that they are still trying to recover from the bad rap they got in years past

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

My experience with Manitou customer service.

They are really great to deal with. I wish they would release a new trail fork in the 160mm range. It has to be coming soon, but it is taking a while.
    Riding slowly since 1977.