ylh
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

MTB Shadow V Team saddle.

Has anyone had any experience with this saddle? It isn't listed on the Reviews page among WTB's other saddles. It doesn't look like this is a new model either.

I ride a Raleigh M80, and I've been using a Nashbar gel saddle for the last 6 or 7 years which has stopped being comfortable, so I think I'm long overdue for an upgrade.

The Shadow V saddle has NiCro rails, synthetic cover, and WTB's "DNA padding." It looks like it should be good for both road and mountain biking, but I'd like to hear from someone who's had one before making any decisions.

Thanks for any advice!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Well I've used a few WTB saddles and I wish my experience would apply to you. Sadly it does not. And unless you can match ass profiles with someone then their experience with that saddle won't necessarily apply to you either. No sarcasm intended, Just the facts.

There is a reason why serious riders(road/mtn) don't use gel saddles besides their weight issue. Gel compresses to the point that it's often harder than a well made non-gel saddle. Especially over any significant distance(again it's an individual thing. for me it's around a few miles). You'll just have to try some out, because even if someone else loves the saddle you're looking at their likes/dislikes will have about zero bearings on your likes/dislikes. *shrug* Luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I have the shadow v team on my anthem. Its nice, but I'm gonna be switching to an SLR within the next couple of weeks. The shadow is really light for the amount of padding it has. I think it weighs around 224 grams. IMO, I find that the shorts I wear have more of an impact than what saddle I'm using. I just notice the chamois more than the saddle I guess.

Vaginatarian
    Oct 2005
    saddles are really dependant on the rider, that said the most comfortable saddle I ever used was a wtb pureV stealth, I have recently switched to a wtb devo, while the stealth was the most comfortable, it allmost has too much padding and seems a little"sticky" when sliding off the back. so far the devo is great, not much padding but 150mm wide and a flexible pan so its comfortable for xc riding