mtbr member
    Mar 2005

MTB DVD's from The Collective since Seasons?

Hi,

I'm 99% sure I've seen the three films from the collective (The Collective, Roam and Seasons). Can someone confirm that Roam started with footage of a 16mm camera being loaded with a reel of film?

I understand The Collective have stopped now, but as they were a 'group of film makers', I'm trying to findout if any of them made any newer films. I really like their Warren Miller (the snow sports director who's been making skiing films for 50 years) style, as opposed to the New World Disorder's angry young person music feel (I still watch the NWD films, but much prefer The Collectives).

So, to summarise.

1) Is it Roam I'm thinking of with the loading of a camera at the start?
    2) Is there a fourth film or one from one of the film makers from The Collective with that same chilled out vibe?

Thanks and have a happy new year.

-Chris

Stucco Bucket
    Yes Roam starts out the way you are thinking. The NWD films arent so much the angry kid, the down series and kranked are the weirdo ones.

I cant think of anymore films they did as the collective.

mtbr member
    1. Actually the film being loaded was the start of Collective before Vanderham drops in
    2. They are not the exact same group, but most of the original collective started a new company called Ant Hill Productions and they have a new film coming out this spring called Follow Me...looks sick, but no trailers yet

http://www.anthillfilms.com/followme.php

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. I'll keep an eye out for Follow Me.

-chris