mtbr member
    Aug 2008

MSR Dromedary Bag in Backpack

I drink a bunch of water when I ride - I can drain the standard 3L in under 10 miles.

So I was going to get the 4L or 6L MSR Dromedary Bag and put that in a camelbak/osprey/etc.

My question is does anyone know if the 6L will fit in a camelbak Mule or do I need to go to the HAWG. Or is there another pack that would accept the size of the MSR Dromedary?

Here's a link to the 6L version of the bag...MSR Dromedary Bag - 6 Liter at REI.com

FYI - there is a kit that goes with it that adds the tube and bite valve.

Dropshot Champ!
    my 3L barely fits in my camelbak mule, I really doubt anything bigger will fit.

Try drinking water in the days before the ride? And a bottle (or 2?) on the way to the ride?

I can go ten miles before touching my camelbak if I hydrate the days prior, and I drink more than anyone I've ever met!

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    my 3L barely fits in my camelbak mule, I really doubt anything bigger will fit.

Try drinking water in the days before the ride? And a bottle (or 2?) on the way to the ride?

I can go ten miles before touching my camelbak if I hydrate the days prior, and I drink more than anyone I've ever met!
    That's why I was thinking the hawg would be better.

I believe I drink plenty of water...regardless of a ride I drink at least a gallon a day.