mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Mr Blackmores Corner - Blog about bikes (technical view)

Hi! I want to present you my blog. I try to continue the idea of Linkage Design blog and the ideas that come to my mind. I hope you like it and comments are welcome.

Cheers!

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot.com.es

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Polygon Square One EX9. What do you think?

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....-ex9-2017.html

mtbr member
    I'm afraid to click. Kinda like that first caveman to eat a lobster or a clam.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Click! It's funny XD

mtbr member
    Bad link...no results found.
    Stick around if you're housebroken...

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Hmmm I don't know, it works ok for me. Please try again. Hope you like the blog!

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot.com.es

mbtr member
    My favorite google translate quote so far---

"Yes, there is a hidden buffer, no hidden turning point, not a trunk for the sandwich, it's a simple slide."
    "Things that are complex are not useful, Things that are useful are simple."
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I said it's funny More or less is this: "not a hidden shock, not a hidden pivot, not a trunk for the sandwich, a simple slider"

It's difficult to understand with the translator? I could try to write for better translations.

mbtr member
    I still have no idea what a 'trunk for the sandwich' is, i think it might be a lunchbox. It's interesting how much google translate struggles with your writeups compared to antonio's.

Definitely one of the big values of linkageblog is that antonio does suspension design professionally, so you know his credentials and go look at bikes he's designed. It gives you a perspective on the quality of his evaluations and you can see where his preferences lie. If you have a similar background you should talk about it, if you're just another one of us dorks you should do some detailed writeups on what you like in a bike and what the forces represent on the trail and stuff... as much to qualify everything else you write as to get readers all together on the same ideas.

Why do your tags not relate to the bikes you're writing about?
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thank you very much for your comment! Fisrt of all, "trunk for the sandwich" is something like the Swat storage in the Specialized Enduro carbon frames XD. Most of visitors at the moment are from Spain so probably my writing style is different from Antonio´s blog which is more international, and I´m focus my comments on this public because I know it better. Also this is temporal for me and I write my own style, but I will try to write for a better understanding in English. Next entries won´t be only analysis, but related with this stuff. Another idea for this blog is give my "objective opinion" based in theory, maybe I can be wrong sometimes but I always will try to have a solid theory base in my entries. Also I think that most people who read my blog knows something about this stuff so I´m not going to explain all the boring theory, I will only explain if people have doubts or questions in comments.

I don´t like to share personal information in public and for this reason I haven´t credentials and I´m "anonymous" but I will do a little exception. What I can say is that I don´t work neither I haven´t worked in anything related with bike industry (but I would like), I have an engineering background (still studying :P), I understand the "Path analysis" theory, I love Linkage Design blog, and I love mountain bike.

I feel able to explain this theory in an easy way, and I think I can give a practical aproach to this stuff from my experiences. For this two reasons I have decided to start the blog. I hope to demonstrate in next entries. Anyway I think anybody can buy the program and do this, but as you said, doing this properly requires some knowledge and credentials which Antonio has. I try to do the same with a different style. What he has done is incredible and great, a lot of work, and I hope he can returns as soon as possible.

Maybe I must include all of this in the blog XD

I don´t understand that "tags not relate to the bikes". I tag in each entry the wheel size and the travel of rear suspension (in one tag), and the brands which appear in the graphs of that entry. Thanks again!

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Nomad 4 VS Mojo HD4 VS Tracer. Which one wins?

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....jo-hd4-vs.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    New entry: Orbea Rallon 29 2018 VS Santa Cruz Hightower LT 2018 VS Transition Sentinel 29

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....anta-cruz.html

Self Appointed Judge&Jury
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Blackmores View Post
    New entry: Orbea Rallon 29 2018 VS Santa Cruz Hightower LT 2018 VS Transition Sentinel 29

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....anta-cruz.html
    I see you've had [just] a couple suckers since you started this thread some 3 weeks ago. May I add, spam doesn't fly here. Yes I said it. This thread is nothing more than spam. By the way, maybe add a few more languages in [next time] so the majority can understand your spam. On second thought don't bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by targnik View Post
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I respect your opinion but I don't agree. I'll stop posting if it disturbs. I don't earn anything with this and I only want to share it because I think it is useful information for bikers.

I respect your opinion but I don't agree. I'll stop posting if it disturbs. I don't earn anything with this and I only want to share it because I think it is useful information for bikers.
    Fine, add some more languages then.
    So I shoot off all full of bravado, hit this wee booter - grabbing some air, then I land - leading into a greasy rut.

mbtr member
    Don't worry about dirtjunky, he hasn't even visited your site. i enjoy getting a notification here that you've updated. Keep it up!
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Thanks scottzg!

Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    Don't worry about dirtjunky, he hasn't even visited your site. i enjoy getting a notification here that you've updated. Keep it up!
    Actually I visited it just long enough to know I don't speak or read that foreign tongue. As I stated to begin with and asked Mr Blackmore to do, add some more commonly known languages in there. Like English for one. Then and only then will I read the spam spilled forth.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    For the moment you can use the Google translator in the right side of the blog, but I want to improve this issue because the translations aren't very good.

mbtr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    Actually I visited it just long enough to know I don't speak or read that foreign tongue. As I stated to begin with and asked Mr Blackmore to do, add some more commonly known languages in there. Like English for one. Then and only then will I read the spam spilled forth.
    'Spam' implies that blackmore has something to sell. He doesn't, he just wants people to check out his blog. It's the opposite of spam- well processed analysis and commentary without a financial incentive. Even if you don't understand everything or disagree with him it's a great service.

If you can't figure out how to use a web translator the content of the site is going to go over your head anyway.

Shoo troll.
    Mikhail Kalashnikov

Quote Originally Posted by scottzg View Post
    'Spam' implies that blackmore has something to sell. He doesn't, he just wants people to check out his blog. It's the opposite of spam- well processed analysis and commentary without a financial incentive. Even if you don't understand everything or disagree with him it's a great service.

If you can't figure out how to use a web translator the content of the site is going to go over your head anyway.

Shoo troll.

Nice!
    You resort to name calling.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    My opinion about this shock: https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....ugh-shaft.html

PD: sorry for Google translator

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    The new Commençal Supreme SX 2018:

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....e-sx-2018.html

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    First test of the blog: Knolly Warden Carbon. Hope you like!

https://mrblackmorescorner.blogspot....en-carbon.html