Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Mountain Biking Skills Videos

133K views 303 replies 264 participants last post by  Kharmore 
#1 ·
Found these videos on youtube and thought it woud be good to share here. For anyone just getting into MTB'ing or honing their skills in. It's a basic skills video. FB-AM-Skill videos as well.

Enjoy.

#3 ·
Thanks a lot. Great information here. Can't wait to try out the many pointers in these videos.
No problem, just trying to help out. Not a lot of replys though. I see a lot of threads that could be answered here just by watching these videos. Wish a MOD in this forum would sticky this thread.

Anyways, you can download the videos by going to: KeepVid: Download and save any video from Youtube, Dailymotion, Metacafe, iFilm and more!
Just enter the url and go from there.

#17 ·
Great videos ... especially the "Essential Mountain Biking Skills" ... it made me really think about why I ride the way I do. So much of my riding skills were picked up as a kid riding BMX; mimicking other riders ... not really putting too much thought into how I ride, and why. Just doing it. After years of being off a bike ... now riding again; it's good to know I picked up proper skills growing up, and have kept them in my muscle memory

IMO the hardest part of doing drops is acquiring the testicles to do it. Am I on my own with this?
Right there with ya ... cause you know if you mess up ... it's gonna hurt.

#24 ·
Great info...but I'm not so sure starting out with 60/40 front/rear braking is wise for beginners. If you are not in the right position with your weight on your pedals (most beginners won't be), the front brake might as well be an ejection lever.

I think beginners should start by modulating their speed on steep descents by using maybe 30/70 braking until they are comfortable with carrying more speed through rough terrain. They might lock up the rear wheel here and there, but they'll be able to recover from it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.