I always bleed like this.

Mississippi worth the ride?

On short notice I am taking a week long trip to Hattiesburg, MS.
    Since I live in Ohio I have not been on my Jab since last year, (rain).
    Is it worth the 28 hours round trip to drive instead of fly for the chance to get in a few rides?
    With the price of gas I will probably be in the red on the trip cost as well.

So, is Mississippi worth the ride?

SSOD
    I used to live in New Orleans and not aware of any trails in Hattiesburg, could be wrong though, but I know Brookhaven (Mt. Zion) and Meridian have some trails worth riding. Their about 1hr drive each way so not that close but worth riding.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    We have 10 miles of trail in Hattiesburg but nothing worth driving 26 hours for. The trails are in good shape if you don't mind the spring growth we haven't mown yet. If you do decide to ride post up on msmtb.org

mtbr member
    Don't forget Ridgeland near Jackson and Clear Springs near Bude. Ridgeland is my personal favorite trail.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Just got through riding Meridian trails which are nice and within an hour and a half from the burg. Lots of decent trails nearby but like most things down here in the woods you may have to drive a bit to get there.

SSOD
    Oh yeah Clear Springs is a good trail, they used to run a 24hr race there but I don't know if they still do anymore? Never got to ride Ridgeland but I remember hearing it was a fun smooth flowing trail and heard good things about it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Ridgeland is a great trail. We are having an xc race at Clear Springs a week from Sunday.