Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Military Jersey Question

Maybe some veterans out there can help me on this one. Wanted to add a sweet looking Air Force jersey to the collection, but being a non-vet I'm not sure if this is out of bounds. I would never think of trying to claim the honor of calling myself a vet, just really like the jersey. Is this a no no or a non-issue?

Your Best Friend

Re: Military Jersey Question

If you wear it, everyone will ask if you served. If you feel ok answering that question to the negative...go ahead.
    I'm a mountain bike guide in South West Utah

mtbr member
    I tend to agree with Silentfoe. As long as you are not trying to pass yourself off as a vet, then you are just showing some support for the service and rocking a jersey you like.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Agreed. Lots of people will ask if you served. I have lots of military related things in my house, simply because I support our mlitary. I do have a cousin that is a Marine though, so I can say I support him and our country's military.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am in the Air Force, you wear it so i dont have to!!

mtbr member
    ... or you could just make something up like...

"Back in the day... when I was operating as LRRPS with Roger's Rangers, crashing beaches from an LST, I was borrowed by the Air Force for Recon duties out of China Beach in Kuwait. We assaulted Hill 812 rescuing some American Med Students during Operation Just BeCause. I took some plaq, got medevac'd out aboard the last Huey and that pretty much ended my military career of 32 years! And THAT'S all I'm allowed to tell you ... But I wear the jersey because I likes de colors man!"

Also... You may get a serious ass-whooping next time you put the words, "Sweet!" and "Air Force" together in the same sentence!
    Now... if you want something really hardcore and KICK-ASS!
    Get an ARMY jersey... something with AIRBORNE on it would be the ultimate... just saying...

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by wsmac View Post
    Also... You may get a serious ass-whooping next time you put the words, "Sweet!" and "Air Force" together in the same sentence!
    Now... if you want something really hardcore and KICK-ASS!
    Get an ARMY jersey... something with AIRBORNE on it would be the ultimate... just saying...
    and thats how it starts........

P.S. I actually came back here to say, you wear Fox? 661? you dont work for them do you? Its just clothes. Now, if you were to wear a uniform with rank and badging, it would be a different story......

...but I'm a Silly Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thud44 View Post
    Maybe some veterans out there can help me on this one. Wanted to add a sweet looking Air Force jersey to the collection, but being a non-vet I'm not sure if this is out of bounds. I would never think of trying to claim the honor of calling myself a vet, just really like the jersey. Is this a no no or a non-issue?
    Wearing a Military Color cycling shirt w/o having contributed to Service, it's like wearing a concert-tee with tour dates on the back, but never having gone. I don't knock the intent, just the execution.

Find a not-for-profit or something.
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Re: Military Jersey Question

I get the same questions about my service when I wear a Star Trek jersey. Awkward.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    All good points, thanks for the input. Just the fact that I felt I should ask tells me I'd probably still be thinking about it every time I put it on, it's no fun having to explain yourself to those that might question you. I'm no poser. Besides, pops and gramps were Army guys.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I mean, seriously...it's the Air Force. Not like you're trying to pass yourself off as a Green Beret or a Navy Seal. I think Air Force veterans will be able to control their outrage.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailuropoda View Post
    I mean, seriously...it's the Air Force. Not like you're trying to pass yourself off as a Green Beret or a Navy Seal. I think Air Force veterans will be able to control their outrage.
    cuz all we do is fly air planes and go golfing

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm no poser. Besides, pops and gramps were Army guys.
    again, you dont work for Fox, or any other MTB company do you? Its just a shirt, if you like the shirt then wear the shirt, if someone asks if you are in or if you served, just say "no, just showing my support", after 9/11 people all over the place wore NYFD and NYPD hats/shirts and no one thought they were posers for not being a member of those orgs. bottom line, if you like the shirt, wear the shirt

mtbr member
    ...MTB company do you? Its just a shirt, if you like the shirt then wear the shirt, if someone asks if you are in or if you served, just say "no, just showing my support", after 9/11 people all over the place wore NYFD and NYPD hats/shirts and no one thought they were posers for not being a member of those orgs. bottom line, if you like the shirt, wear the shirt
    Yep... it's only if you are trying to lie and pass yourself off as something you're not, that gets me.

That's why I wound up getting a bike finally... got tired of everyone asking if I was in 'so-and-so downhiller movie' whenever I would walk around town in my FOX jersey/pants, 5.10 Impacts, 661 pads and helmet... it just got tiresome to tell the truth!
    Now I actually have a bike to push around town when I wear my uniform!

9/11 is where that stuff sorta went viral in public with all the NYFD and NYPD stuff people were hanging, sticking, and wearing... like maximous said.

As a veteran... I don't think twice about people wearing military camo and such... unless they're trying to put up some sort of front.
    What pisses me off is the guys who lie about their service time or just lie about being in the service at all!
    It's been shown that a number of folks standing on corners with cardboard signs claiming "Veteran" status are fakes or spent most of their time in the brig until they were dishonorably discharged.
    I've met a few myself... rode Harleys with one who claimed SF Medic experience... scrote... scumbag... that's what I think of him and the rest of his kind.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I was a Marine. It isn't a big deal to me if someone wears a jersey. As long as you are not trying to lie about having served, it's a non-issue IMO, regardless of the branch of service.

FWIW, some of the Air Force guys are badass. REALL badass.

mtbr member
    I wouldn't. My buddy who was (ok, is, as they always are) a Marine. He wears a Marine's jersey when we ride and any time another Marine see's him it's "You served? Ah yeah man, me too" and then off they go. It doesn't bother me, but if I were wearing the jersey I'd feel like a giant tool going "Uh, well, uh, no..I just thought it was cool." Maybe it's just me though.
    :wq

Retro on Steroids
    I'm an Army vet. I could not care less about what you do with an AF jersey.

An Army jersey would be a different story, but you didn't ask.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    I am a Marine Vet. I think it is a nice gesture, if you are going to wear it out of respect for military personnel. But, I would prefer you did not wear one if you have not served. I have lost friends and family members while they were serving. It is a brotherhood, you were not a member. Have seen too many times, people say they served, were a Marine Corps sniper, a Green Beret, or a Navy seal, and later find out they did not even finish boot camp. Never met a single one of them say they were a cook. lol Someone had to make all that food we ate. Sorry if some of you don't agree, but Semper Fi. Those that have given their lives for our country, get all the respect I am able to give.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    For the record, I am a former Marine Corps infantryman, served for eight years, had and honorable but uneventful career, and while I remember my military service fondly and am glad I did it I have moved past it, way past it, and don't mind in the least people wearing Marine or other logos without having served. There was a time when it might have bothered me but now...like I said, I'm past it. Free country and all that although it is illegal to wear medals and decorations you didn't earn (look it up).

Like Bdabike observed, most of the stories told by veterans are mostly bogus anyway so what does it matter? In my line of work most of the veterans I meet are disability commandos anyway so I'm not exactly thrilled with the modern military.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by maximous View Post
    cuz all we do is fly air planes and go golfing
    Well..the colf course is the central feature of most Air Force bases. Just saying.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Like Bdabike observed, most of the stories told by veterans are mostly bogus anyway so what does it matter? In my line of work most of the veterans I meet are disability commandos anyway so I'm not exactly thrilled with the modern military.
    What do you mean by that? I think stories told by "veterans", perhaps. not to get off topic, but that's a bit offensive....

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I was a cook...hurry to go in. Let the army let me earn 2 degrees and finished 20 years as an officer. Some of the smartest people in the military I know are logistical experts and, yes, started as cooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdabike View Post
    I am a Marine Vet. I think it is a nice gesture, if you are going to wear it out of respect for military personnel. But, I would prefer you did not wear one if you have not served. I have lost friends and family members while they were serving. It is a brotherhood, you were not a member. Have seen too many times, people say they served, were a Marine Corps sniper, a Green Beret, or a Navy seal, and later find out they did not even finish boot camp. Never met a single one of them say they were a cook. lol Someone had to make all that food we ate. Sorry if some of you don't agree, but Semper Fi. Those that have given their lives for our country, get all the respect I am able to give.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    I guess it never occurred to me to think about this question much. Here in the CENTEX nearly 100% I'd imagine is retired service, active, a spouse or relative, a vet or in some other close way related. And it doesn't bother me to see relatives/family members of military wear their spouse's/Soldier friend's BDU/DCU tops, PT gear etc so no I guess to wear a military cycling jersey wouldn't bother me.

Quiet Professional
    Hmm this is a hard one. As long as you are not trying to pass yourself off as something you are not then all is good. For those that know people that are stating they are "Green Berets, SEALS, or other special operations and are fakes please report to Stolen Valor There is a lot and this website tries to comfront these frauds and inform the public.

Lunatic
    As long as no misrepresentation is involved, support and pride is always good to go.
    SMASH

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I tend to agree with Silentfoe. As long as you are not trying to pass yourself off as a vet, then you are just showing some support for the service and rocking a jersey you like.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Free country and all that although it is illegal to wear medals and decorations you didn't earn (look it up).
    Looked it up, not illegal

Quiet Professional
    Looked it up, not illegal
    Until recently it was illegal and people have been prosecuted and sentenced for it in the past.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    yep, but sadly, Supreme Court ruled that "Stolen Valor" falls under the 1st Amendment (Free Speech), the only way it is illegal now is if they are using that "Stolen Valor" to seek Position Power or monitary gain

...but I'm a Silly Hunter
    yep, but sadly, Supreme Court ruled that "Stolen Valor" falls under the 1st Amendment (Free Speech), the only way it is illegal now is if they are using that "Stolen Valor" to seek Position Power or monitary gain
    Either or, both are very lame. While on topic, would the OP wear Collegiate Colors if not a former student? Juilliard Music School grad'?? I mean, sure, wearing a historic name should denote respect but, it is not certainly necessary. Donate to a non-profit yearly, something like that instead. Goes much further and has better vibe.
    I like Sand - I don't like Witches

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick2cents View Post
    What do you mean by that? I think stories told by "veterans", perhaps. not to get off topic, but that's a bit offensive....

But true, none-the-less. Did you know that half of the post 911 Veterans have applied for disability connected to their military service and are encouraged by the VA to do so? Surely you must realize that the military, despite what you think you know, is mostly "tail," not "tooth" and excluding the veterans with severe combat wounds, the majority of disability claims are for 1) Bogus PTSD claimed by veterans who saw little or no combat, 2) Ridiculous non-combat back pain and other minor injuries, and 3) Medical conditions contracted during military service (such as hypertension) that the military has nothing to do with.

It's a scandal and a disgrace. And for the record, everybody says they were a sniper or a some kind of special operator....you'd think the Army and Marines were made of nothing but these kind of guys. I happen to know that, for example, that Marine Sniper School is incredibly difficult, much sought-after training and they only take a relatively few guys for it every year. There just aren't that many snipers out there and the ones who are are hard-charging go-getters who do not end up broken-down, sloppy, whiny veterans addicted to Lortab and living off of their disability.

So you see, from my perspective veterans have just become another whiny special interest group with their noses in the trough. Everybody is afraid to say this, of course, because of the high sacred-cow factor.
    Last edited by Ailuropoda; 03-06-2013 at 05:47 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

I see a steady parade of Non-combatant National Guardsmen, for example, scheming to get on disability. It's something of a local joke. I had a National Guard Mechanic who was assigned to the US base in Kandahar trying to get a diagnosis of anxiety out of me for PTSD. I'm sure he did honorable service over there but was hardly exposed to a lot of the messy, violent side of war. Heck, the hospital where I work is in a pretty bad neighborhood and judging by the steady parade of gunshot wounds I treat probably more dangerous than serving in a non-combat billet over there.

PTSD. What a joke. Probably one in a hundred are legitimate.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I posted something to keep this whole arguement/off topic rant going, but thought wiser and have changed my response. While myself and others on here may not agree with some of the views being posted, we don't know what it is that the other person is seeing, so, how about we just merge back towards the original idea of the post.

OP, I am currenty in the Air Force, if you would like to wear a jersey that says USAF on it, it does not bother me. I personaly wouldn't because I wear the real USAF uniform daily, so it would seem like i was getting ready for work. However, I do wear Football Jerseys when my favorite teams play and I am in no way affiliated with those teams. But, with the amount of "drama" your question has started on here, I would say its probably easier to just get a nice Fox Jersey and see how many people ask you if you ride for Fox
    Last edited by maximous; 03-06-2013 at 06:49 AM.

mtbr member
    I am retired Air Force and I own two Air Force jerseys that I wear every time I ride. Everyone knows me as SgtJim because of my jerseys. As many others have said it does not offend me, but you will be asked and it may offend someone else. I enjoyed reading this forum, it was the highlight of my day. So many of my brothers and sisters from all branches of service out enjoying life mountain biking. Roll on and pedal hard!!!
    2016 Cannondale Scalpel Si Carbon 3 (27.5)
    2013 Specialized Camber Carbon
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp

Your Best Friend
    Take note that not a single service member on this forum has taken offense to you wearing the jersey. (I think)

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    I see a steady parade of Non-combatant National Guardsmen, for example, scheming to get on disability. It's something of a local joke. I had a National Guard Mechanic who was assigned to the US base in Kandahar trying to get a diagnosis of anxiety out of me for PTSD. I'm sure he did honorable service over there but was hardly exposed to a lot of the messy, violent side of war. Heck, the hospital where I work is in a pretty bad neighborhood and judging by the steady parade of gunshot wounds I treat probably more dangerous than serving in a non-combat billet over there.

PTSD. What a joke. Probably one in a hundred are legitimate.
    I can assure you what you've seen might be normal there, but not everywhere. For the record, I'm a Marine Corps Captain (activated reservist now, got off active duty when I had my son) and I have been a few places. I've had some pretty legitmate injuries that didn't get me a dime out of the VA (apparently it doesn't slow me down :-) ). It isn't quite as bad as you assume. I don't have much interaction with the National Guard, but I know quite a few vets that didn't get much of anything for real, legitimate claims.

Like I said, it might be that way some places, but it isn't everywhere.

Your Best Friend
    So Ailuropoda, quick question...Did you/have you served in a combat zone?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post
    who?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    who?
    haha, nevermind, i forgot how to read there for a second.....

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe View Post

Yes. But what if I hadn't? That's the problem. Veterans are a sacred cow. Can't say anything bad about them even if it's the truth.

I just want to note that the WWII veterans were able to hold jobs after their service. There were 5000 casualties on the first day of the Tarawa invasion alone, and yet veterans from that era were able to hold down jobs and raise families.

Someone has yet to demonstrate how having PTSD keeps you from having a job and why, at 24, you need to be on the welfare for the next sixty years because you once had a horrible experience. It is impossible to run a military where every recruit is going to be a sixty-year liability to the nation.
    Last edited by Ailuropoda; 03-06-2013 at 03:35 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I can assure you what you've seen might be normal there, but not everywhere. For the record, I'm a Marine Corps Captain (activated reservist now, got off active duty when I had my son) and I have been a few places. I've had some pretty legitmate injuries that didn't get me a dime out of the VA (apparently it doesn't slow me down :-) ). It isn't quite as bad as you assume. I don't have much interaction with the National Guard, but I know quite a few vets that didn't get much of anything for real, legitimate claims.

Like I said, it might be that way some places, but it isn't everywhere.
    Of course. But I have worked at VA hospitals. Did quite a few rotations there as a resident. Most of the stories the veterans tell you there are entirely bogus and many claim and receive benefits because the VA does not and cannot verify the particulars of service for which a veteran claims disability. They have neither the manpower nor, as huge self-serving bureaucracy, the inclination to do so.

The trouble is that somewhere along the line the public started to accept the strung-out, thousand-yard-stare Viet Nam veteran caricature as reality. So few people actually serve nowadays that there is a very limited knowledge of the military in the mind of the public.

Quiet Professional
    But what about us that were there and done that truly struggle day in and day out with trying to live a normal life. Ptst is a real issue for some of us as well as other injuries. So are my doctors lying to me? Are the restless nights and nightmares all a figment of my imagination? How about the wound on my chest where the round penetrated my vest? I also had a parachuting accident before 911 that fractured 3 of my vertebrae but i refused to be med discharged and in 2001 deployed with my team. Now i struggle with back pain daily. It has taken me 7 years to even think about applying for va benefits because i could work and did not want to be like my father who is like you described.

It is getting to the point where i struggle to find a job where i am not affected by the pain and am having to choose between my family being taken care of by the va help or struggling to put food on the table. I am not addicted to pain killers. Hell i don't take the ones i have like i am prescribed. I only take them when the pain s so severe i want to bang my head on the floor. If you think this is all bs then you can call my wife, doctors, or my old unit. I find what you posted offensive as would most of my brothers that were there and have many the same issues. Special operations has a very high rate of ptst and other psychological issues after we get out. Our training help us deal with it when we are down range, but what about when we are no longer serving?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Ailuropoda, I understand what you are saying, and to a point, I agree. But I am telling you that the VA has really cracked down on fake claims. Sometimes going a little bit in the other direction.

I guess I don't think the problem is as bad as you say, but that could be because I don't see it as often around here.

Apologies for further dragging us off topic.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chef7734 View Post
    But what about us that were there and done that truly struggle day in and day out with trying to live a normal life. Ptst is a real issue for some of us as well as other injuries. So are my doctors lying to me? Are the restless nights and nightmares all a figment of my imagination? How about the wound on my chest where the round penetrated my vest? I also had a parachuting accident before 911 that fractured 3 of my vertebrae but i refused to be med discharged and in 2001 deployed with my team. Now i struggle with back pain daily. It has taken me 7 years to even think about applying for va benefits because i could work and did not want to be like my father who is like you described.

It is getting to the point where i struggle to find a job where i am not affected by the pain and am having to choose between my family being taken care of by the va help or struggling to put food on the table. I am not addicted to pain killers. Hell i don't take the ones i have like i am prescribed. I only take them when the pain s so severe i want to bang my head on the floor. If you think this is all bs then you can call my wife, doctors, or my old unit. I find what you posted offensive as would most of my brothers that were there and have many the same issues. Special operations has a very high rate of ptst and other psychological issues after we get out. Our training help us deal with it when we are down range, but what about when we are no longer serving?

On the other hand I know of a veteran drawing disability for hurting her back getting out of a HUMVEE. Like any other huge government money mill, the VA is stuffed to the gills with freeloaders.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    My service was relatively quiet too. Even in Kirkuk, Iraq I witnessed little "hostility".

Yet EVERY night I dream I am in the army. I imagine service never leaves a vet.

Therefore I imagine the stress and maladies that vets that have seen and experienced much worse are very real.

And yes I too know of retirees that upon their final physical made sure to document every hang nail. I didn't claim anything. I scratch my head at some of what people tell me they claim.

mtbr member
    Ailuropoda "On the other hand I know of a veteran drawing disability for hurting her back getting out of a HUMVEE. Like any other huge government money mill, the VA is stuffed to the gills with freeloaders. "

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>

I too have seen some of the BS you are talking about. I had a CPT in my unit that filed for disability claiming that the body armor we wore caused him a back injury getting into a HUMVEE. One of the guys got a full disability for PTSD when we got home and promptly moved to Puerto Rico. The flip side is that one of the young guys in my Platoon came home with 2 purple hearts and quietly went to college and is now an elementary school teacher. I doubt that most of people he works with even know he was in the Army.

But, as you pointed out about the VA, the military is a huge organization and not everyone fits into the same mold. Keep in mind, you are dealing with people who are applying for the benefits and such, so you no doubt see a high percentage of the ones trying to milk it. Not all of us are in that bunch, and therefore you don't deal with us.

I was an Infantry platoon sergeant in a National Guard unit. My squad leaders and I have remained close friends and I am the only one of us that has remained married after our deployments. I did however go through 3 jobs the first 4 years I was home. None of us is receiving any form of disability, and none of us want it. I honestly don't think any of us need it either.

While I agree that what you are saying is true, there are a lot of us who just put our head down and went on with our lives and are working through any issues we have. Much like I agree with you that a huge percentage of the "war" stories you hear people telling are BS, those that actually have war stories don't tell them.

EDIT: Wanted to add that like back injures in the civilian work world, PTSD may be the most abused from of combat injury to get a disability. That doesn't mean that it isn't a serious problem for some people, and some veterans really do struggle with it. It is just a shame that the trough feeders always take advantage of things designed to help people who legitimately need it. Makes my skin crawl.

Try not to get too jaded.

Back to the original topic. OP, if you like the jersey wear it man. Personally, I don't wear anything military anymore and that is just my choice. But again, if you are not trying to pass yourself off as something you are not then rock on and enjoy riding.
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 03-07-2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: Added a few comments.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member

Military Jersey Question

If somebody really had a problem with me wearing a jersey for the AF or whatever, I would say its just another way to support our troops, my taxes paid for the planes, guns, tanks etc. I should be able to wear a shirt that says ARMY on it.
    I'm sick of all the Irish stereotypes, as soon as I finish this beer I"m punching someone

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo View Post
    Ailuropoda "On the other hand I know of a veteran drawing disability for hurting her back getting out of a HUMVEE. Like any other huge government money mill, the VA is stuffed to the gills with freeloaders. "

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>

I too have seen some of the BS you are talking about. I had a CPT in my unit that filed for disability claiming that the body armor we wore caused him a back injury getting into a HUMVEE. One of the guys got a full disability for PTSD when we got home and promptly moved to Puerto Rico. The flip side is that one of the young guys in my Platoon came home with 2 purple hearts and quietly went to college and is now an elementary school teacher. I doubt that most of people he works with even know he was in the Army.

But, as you pointed out about the VA, the military is a huge organization and not everyone fits into the same mold. Keep in mind, you are dealing with people who are applying for the benefits and such, so you no doubt see a high percentage of the ones trying to milk it. Not all of us are in that bunch, and therefore you don't deal with us.

I was an Infantry platoon sergeant in a National Guard unit. My squad leaders and I have remained close friends and I am the only one of us that has remained married after our deployments. I did however go through 3 jobs the first 4 years I was home. None of us is receiving any form of disability, and none of us want it. I honestly don't think any of us need it either.

While I agree that what you are saying is true, there are a lot of us who just put our head down and went on with our lives and are working through any issues we have. Much like I agree with you that a huge percentage of the "war" stories you hear people telling are BS, those that actually have war stories don't tell them.

EDIT: Wanted to add that like back injures in the civilian work world, PTSD may be the most abused from of combat injury to get a disability. That doesn't mean that it isn't a serious problem for some people, and some veterans really do struggle with it. It is just a shame that the trough feeders always take advantage of things designed to help people who legitimately need it. Makes my skin crawl.

Try not to get too jaded.

Back to the original topic. OP, if you like the jersey wear it man. Personally, I don't wear anything military anymore and that is just my choice. But again, if you are not trying to pass yourself off as something you are not then rock on and enjoy riding.
    Fair enough. My problem is not with veterans with legitimate service connected disabilities but instead with the general culture of disability and dependence that has been allowed to blossom and from which the military is not immune.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Fair enough. My problem is not with veterans with legitimate service connected disabilities but instead with the general culture of disability and dependence that has been allowed to blossom and from which the military is not immune.
    not to start this back up, but what you were saying wasn't alluding to having a problem with "those individuals", it seemed more aimed at all veterans, and i most certainly agree that as a culture we are finding ourselves, more and more, carrying dead-beat, lazy @$$ whiners, from which I concur, veterans are not exempt, but no one else is exempt either, garbage is garbage...

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    USMC veteran. I have been to the VA hospital in my area. Dropping of veterans of Vietnam Era for appointments. They way you talk of veterans, putting them all in the same category as scammers, reminds me of a day I seen first hand, an employee of this VA, talking down to, being rough with, and eventually rescheduling his appt. to his next day of. (all verified, my mother worked there) After seeing this, I had a few words with said c@3k bite. After being told to leave, it was discussed among others at this hospital, and he was later removed from service. Not saying you are this man, but you are getting rather close to it by your statements.
    If you are a medical aid in some way, I would think you would be better served working at a civilian hospital. You just don't seem to have the self control to work in a place you don't respect. You have also distanced your self from even being a prior serviceman because of this. (your previous posts)
    I would like to get a UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS jersey. Does anyone have a link?
    Sorry for the rant, but Ailuropoda makes my butt hurt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast