mtbr member

Microshift: Anyone have experience with their mountain bike stuff?

Are Microshift shifters any good? I'm thinking about putting a set on a loaner bike. Don't want to spend much money on it. Can't find any reviews on them. Anyone out there using them?

Please only give comments if you know what you are talking about. If you know of problems please be specific.

mtbr member
    I'm having good luck with the Microshift Thumb Shifters that came stock on my Necro Pugsley. Shifts are precise and it works well with the Deore rear der. I've got around 400 miles on it and the shifters have yet to need adjustment. The black levers with red top cap looks pretty sharp too.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Sorry, no personal experience, but I believe these are the same units w/Nashbar branding::
    Nashbar 9-Speed Mountain Bike Shifters - Mountain Bike Shifters

If so, there are 7 people happily using them, including a couple noting use w/Shimano ders.

I do own a Microshift rear der. that I never mounted (purchased as spare for 'cross bike) that is built very solidly. Cost $25.

Good luck!
    Paul

I'm SUCH a square....
    Microshift also makes stuff for Wally-level bikes (7-speed), and I have yet to see one be a problem. They're all twist-shift, Shimano-compatible, and the easiest stuff to use I've ever seen at that level. My daughter's bike, and my lil nephew's bike, both have Micro, and I haven't had to do anything to either of them for well over a year.

At the risk of blaspheming, I think the Micro I've dealt with is better than SRAM twisties.
    A bike is the only drug with no bad side effects....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Sorry, no personal experience, but I believe these are the same units w/Nashbar branding::
    Nashbar 9-Speed Mountain Bike Shifters - Mountain Bike Shifters

Paul
    Same ones. Can't believe the price! I can get them on taobao.com in China for $14 including shipping! 7 and 8 speed versions of the same thing are a tad less.

Nice to know they're decent. I saw them first in China and assumed they were some super low-end junk.